PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Overhaul

Torhque
04-15-2018, 07:08 PM
The current flow and systems of Arcade are terribly unintuitive and far too limiting. I have 100% confidence that if you emulated the systems and flow of Halo 5: Forge for Windows 10, then Arcade would be immensely better. I'd settle for this, or an exact replica of the lobby browser and hosting systems from Far Cry 2 on Xbox 360. Ubisoft, please.

Remove the minimum player count requirement
Let people simply host a lobby without matchmaking
Return players to the lobby after the match ends
Host selects next map/mode
Repeat

Main Menu:
https://i.imgur.com/9XYcLnC.jpg
Lobby Browser showing other players currently running a match:
https://i.imgur.com/iAwnHao.jpg
Lobby Details you can view before joining:
https://i.imgur.com/BdObcBV.jpg
Lobby Setup for host before starting the match:
https://i.imgur.com/X8OfVvM.jpg
Game Settings the host can change:
https://i.imgur.com/VzuE7U2.jpg
Content Search for when the host is looking for other maps:
https://i.imgur.com/EKAtetr.jpg

COMPUTERFLESH
04-15-2018, 10:52 PM
Just played my 2nd match in TDM, holy 26-0 all headshot aimbot f4g. The anticheat is obviously non existent or horrible, it was so so so obvious this dude was hacking/trainer whatever. Im rank 6 of 60,000something in BF4 hardcore team death on biggest server, I'm positive that Far Cry 5 needs to address this or pvp gonna flop hard.

DrShakez
04-16-2018, 05:21 PM
Just played my 2nd match in TDM, holy 26-0 all headshot aimbot f4g. The anticheat is obviously non existent or horrible, it was so so so obvious this dude was hacking/trainer whatever. Im rank 6 of 60,000something in BF4 hardcore team death on biggest server, I'm positive that Far Cry 5 needs to address this or pvp gonna flop hard.

The good thing about the OPs suggestion, is hackers would be a non issue. With player lobbies, you can just kick anyone that's cheating. Eventually, cheaters move on to an easier to cheat game.

Not saying they shouldn't be on top of the cheater problem, just that this system is so much better at avoiding it in the first place.

Torhque
04-17-2018, 08:44 PM
Yeah the people griefing with hacks/trainers are lame. But like it was mentioned above, if the host has total control, they can kick/ban troublemakers as they see fit. Or end the current match, extend it, etc.

rioseven
04-21-2018, 08:05 AM
I find the worst part of the MP is that I am just thrown into matches I do not want to play.

Its like being pushed into the deep end of the swimming pool when you cannot swim.

MithrynFrost
04-22-2018, 06:46 AM
There's a few things I'd like for single and coop arcade. I've been playing arcade hero and have been finding it an fairly tedious task. One of the problems is when there's no way to die in the game, and the map is terrible. Sure you can quit, but you can't rate a map until you finished it. +

There should be a way to rate a map you don't finish, otherwise you end up with some terrible maps upvoted because nobody else can finish them.
There should be some sort of indicator for if you've previously done a map, so you can keep track of which maps are new for you.
The editor needs more enemy types.
The editor should allow you to drop modified weapons onto the map.
The editor should allow you to modify an enemy's weapon so you can have the player pick it up from the enemy
There should be a feedback mechanism to let the map creator know what they can specifically improve. There's some maps that are pretty good except for a couple of things that would be easy to fix (maybe a poor choice in loadouts or a section that causes issues).
There should be the ability to connect two or more maps on a seam to create larger maps, even if there needs to be loading between.

Torhque
04-22-2018, 07:00 AM
I find the worst part of the MP is that I am just thrown into matches I do not want to play.

Its like being pushed into the deep end of the swimming pool when you cannot swim.

Matchmaking and Custom Games should be treated as two different modes for this reason. That way people that just want to PvP can Matchmake, and people that want to check out interesting maps can host them individually.

-snip-

I haven't played enough co-op maps to experience that, but that would definitely be annoying. Some of your suggestions seem fair. I like the idea of a feedback feature for the map creator.

astroman_
04-22-2018, 12:15 PM
I'm actually kinda liking being able to just stick with one server and vote on maps, but it needs a lot of work, and the ability to host would be amazing.

Until then I reckon there's some really simple things they can do to improve:

Add a vote to kick system (like CS:GO or something)
Add a player reporting system so we can report hackers
Get rid of that silly map rating screen! You don't need to waste those precious seconds that are given to rating a map when, if you're the map picker you could be choosing a map. There is a tonne of real-estate to the right of the player list, simply add some small buttons there to do the job and send everyone back to the lobby screen.
Allow more players to pick maps! It should be with 12 players that each player every 2-3 matches should get the chance to pick, at the moment you gotta wait ages to even get to pick! If you had 4-5 players able to pick maps it would be way better. A good way to reclaim some thumbnail space is to make the replay map button smaller as you don't need a giant thumbnail to know what map we just played. Or even move it down into that blank real-estate I was talking about earlier.
Please make respawn times just slightly faster. Even if it was just 0.5-1sec. (not sure if this is a per map setting?)
Make the text that comes over the map thumbnails when it's time to vote on a map disappear quicker because it is so slow.
Please use caching for the maps thumbnail and metadata! You could speed that up so much faster! Also sometimes I'm waiting till that last 3 seconds to see some of the map choices come up.

Torhque
04-25-2018, 04:20 AM
Votekicking wouldn't be necessary if the host has total control. I guess it'd be an issue if the host was the problem haha. Map voting during a game would be cool though. Then the lobby can influence the next map in the queue.