PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous

Alolo91
11-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I bought the game today and it has already frozen for the sixth time now. I haven't even been playing for an hour. I'm starting to lose my patience. I was skeptical of even buying this game and now this.

Alolo91
11-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I bought the game today and it has already frozen for the sixth time now. I haven't even been playing for an hour. I'm starting to lose my patience. I was skeptical of even buying this game and now this.

realgangsta213
11-28-2010, 03:04 PM
never had a problem with it and freezing was rarely reported on this forum so it might be your console

AKG32
11-28-2010, 03:04 PM
What system did you get it for?

I got it for the 360 and after about two weeks of a lot of heavy playing, it only froze on me once.

If you did get it for the 360, try installing it. Itmight just be havingtrouble reading the disc (my old xbox did this sometimes)

rocketxsurgeon
11-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I was playing the game heavily yesterday, and it almost began to freeze but kicked itself out of it.

I find that if your console has been on a lot (for example you were playing another game for a long time then switched games) it can still cause it to freeze.

Make sure your console is in a well ventilated area, meaning not in a closed cupboard or right up against a wall. Make sure your disk is clean, this can be done by using a dry cloth over the surface to gently remove dirt or dust.

Alolo91
11-28-2010, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by realgangsta213:
never had a problem with it and freezing was rarely reported on this forum so it might be your console </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My xbox isn't even 6 months old. I got over 10 games and none of them have never ever freezed on my xbox. This is the first game that does that. So i'm 100% it's the game.

Alolo91
11-28-2010, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by akg32:

I got it for the 360 and after about two weeks of a lot of heavy playing, it only froze on me once.

If you did get it for the 360, try installing it. Itmight just be havingtrouble reading the disc (my old xbox did this sometimes) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it for 360. I haven't been on the 360 much today. Maybe an hour or two then popped in AC:B a few hours later.

Don't have enough space to do that.

AKG32
11-28-2010, 03:24 PM
My old 360 started off only not being able to read one game, but after a few months, it stopped working altogether.

If it's an older model Xbox, even if you just got it recently there's still a good chance it will have problems

You could try exchanging the game for another copy, it could be a bad disc.

It's definately not the game programming, since it doesn't seem to be a problem with anyone else.

If you know someone who has the game, try trading copies with them for a bit and see if you still have problems or if they start having them.

If you try a different copy and it still freezes, you probably have a defective xbox (my friend had a Wii that worked fine, but couldn't play any copy Super Smash Bros.)

rocketxsurgeon
11-28-2010, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alolo91:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by akg32:

If you did get it for the 360, try installing it. Itmight just be havingtrouble reading the disc (my old xbox did this sometimes) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it for 360. I haven't been on the 360 much today. Maybe an hour or two then popped in AC:B a few hours later.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Don't have enough space to do that.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it's because you haven't got enough space that your gameplay is compensated.

I'm not an expert with xboxs as i don't have one, but i can suggest that you perhaps delete an older game you don't play and install brotherhood. I believe its optional on the xbox but its compulsory on the PS3.

Also, if you take into consideration the big scenes and maps in the game, it'd be a good idea to install it, if not for your satisfaction, but for your consoles too.

Alolo91
11-28-2010, 03:32 PM
My old 360 started off only not being able to read one game, but after a few months, it stopped working altogether.

If it's an older model Xbox, even if you just got it recently there's still a good chance it will have problems

You could try exchanging the game for another copy, it could be a bad disc.

It's definately not the game programming, since it doesn't seem to be a problem with anyone else.

If you know someone who has the game, try trading copies with them for a bit and see if you still have problems or if they start having them.

If you try a different copy and it still freezes, you probably have a defective xbox (my friend had a Wii that worked fine, but couldn't play any copy Super Smash Bros.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm talking to a friend right now how also have Brotherhood. He has the same problem.

AKG32
11-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Did you both get it from the same store at around the same time?

It could be that a batch of discs weren't pressed properly, resulting in a group of defective games.

This happened to a game not too long ago. I think it was Splinter Cell Conviction, but I'm not entirely sure.

Again, try using your copy on someone else's xbox (someonewho doesn't have the same problem with the game), or try a different copy of the game that someone hasn'texperienced any problems with.

Alolo91
11-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Did you both get it from the same store at around the same time?

It could be that a batch of discs weren't pressed properly, resulting in a group of defective games.

This happened to a game not too long ago. I think it was Splinter Cell Conviction, but I'm not entirely sure.

Again, try using your copy on someone else's xbox (someonewho doesn't have the same problem with the game), or try a different copy of the game that someone hasn'texperienced any problems with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We live in 2 different cities. I just don't understand why it should freeze. I play Black Ops Perfectly and have done that since release. Brotherhood even freeze like some minutes into the game.

AKG32
11-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Wierd.

If more people were complaining about it, I'd say it was a problem with the game itself, but since almost no one seems to have reported this type of problem, it seems like it must be a personal issue.

If you have another friend with an xbox, try it on theirs. If it still freezes a lot, it's the disc. If it doesn't it's your xbox.

That or you're just really, really unlucky.

Edit: You could also try contacting Ubisoft customer support, they may be able to help.

JonJonXD
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I'd say this is pretty common.

My 60GB freezes randomly...though not nearly as much as in the Beta (I am actively playing other equally or more demanding games and it only happens when playing AC..so I'd say it's the problem).

It has also frozen on my friend's 160GB PS3 Slim as well.

I've seen others complain about it online, so I wouldn't say it's uncommon.

xXxDAL978xXx
11-28-2010, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alolo91:
I bought the game today and it has already frozen for the sixth time now. I haven't even been playing for an hour. I'm starting to lose my patience. I was skeptical of even buying this game and now this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it is the game as i didn't have a problem and havn't heard of anyone else experiencing any problems besides you, might be your console.

rocketxsurgeon
11-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Its leading me to believe it is infact your console thats the issue here.

I have it on PS3 (slim 120gb) and it has not once freezed on me, and i have played that game A LOT.

As i mentioned in an above post, do install it onto the hardrive! If you keep trying to play it and it keeps crashing its not good for your console! At least try that. I'm presuming your friend has also not installed the game?

extrememuffin
11-29-2010, 08:32 AM
I woudnt say this is a game problem (maybe your personal game but not the games in a whole) since i havent hear about this yet, and since i had the game on for around 12 hours at one time (i wasnt playing the whole time just to lazy to turn off the PS3) and it never froze. i acctually find it funny that this doesnt freeze for me but black ops does and ACB freezes for you but black ops doesnt

Alolo91
11-29-2010, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
Its leading me to believe it is infact your console thats the issue here.

I have it on PS3 (slim 120gb) and it has not once freezed on me, and i have played that game A LOT.

As i mentioned in an above post, do install it onto the hardrive! If you keep trying to play it and it keeps crashing its not good for your console! At least try that. I'm presuming your friend has also not installed the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Facepalm* My god. It's not my console for [edit] sake. It's this [edit] up game. My friend bought his xbox like 2 months ago. (Halo Reach Bundle) We are both having the same problem. So i doubt it's my xbox.

The wierd thing is that i played Multiplayer for like 3-4 hours and it freezed once. Then i decided to put Black Ops in and it never freezed.

Mr_Shade
11-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Firstly - welcome to the forums..

Please take a moment to read the forum rules, concerning swearing etc..

Now that's out of the way...

Some games are more demanding on consoles than others - I work over at Xbox.com, and with every new title, we used to see an increase in the three red lights..

Many people blamed the games, when infact the game was just pushing the console harder than normal, which can high light underlying problems..

Just a shame the game normally gets the blame.

However as posted, freezing is not a common problem, so it's hard to single out the cause:

Bad Install of the game [not in this case, but a re-install can fix issues]

Bad install of title update [updates can mess up - so clearing the cache on the Xbox360 can help this - check www.xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com) on how to do this]

Bad game disc [can happen]

Console overheating [can happen]

Problem with console [try changing from 1080i/p to 720p - this lowers the demand on the console slightly]

Problem with the game [can happen]

Since we have seen very few problems with the game due to freezing, and which ones we have seem to be fixed with a re-install, I can only suggest you try some of the console fixes first.

If your still having problems, make sure you contact Ubisoft Support - or Xbox Support.

Details of Ubisoft support are available on www.ubi.com (http://www.ubi.com) or use the link in my signature.

Alolo91
12-06-2010, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade: Text </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have tried everything you have suggested and none of them stopped the freezing problem. Even contact Ubisoft's Support. I ended up with changing CD today at the shop. Got home, played the game and guess what? It freezed again.

The only thing i can think of is, that it's either my xbox or the game itself(Not Disc) which is the problem.

The only weird thing is, that this is the first game that has ever freezed on my xbox. I have played Black Ops and Halo Reach and none of them freezed. I have problems thinking its my xbox that is the source of the freezing problem.

My other 2 friends games also freezes.

I'm kinda sure it's the game.

PhiIs1618033
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade: Text </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have tried everything you have suggested and none of them stopped the freezing problem. Even contact Ubisoft's Support. I ended up with changing CD today at the shop. Got home, played the game and guess what? It freezed again.

The only thing i can think of is, that it's either my xbox or the game itself(Not Disc) which is the problem.

The only weird thing is, that this is the first game that has ever freezed on my xbox. I have played Black Ops and Halo Reach and none of them freezed. I have problems thinking its my xbox that is the source of the freezing problem.

I'm kinda sure it's the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bad game discs can happen, and if you got two from the same store, there's still a chance you got another bad disc. Sucks, I know.
Do you have any friends who have the game, but don't experience any problems? Ask to borrow theirs and try that. That's the only way you'll know for sure.

Also, other games aren't comparable to this one. No game is really comparable to any other, because every game is built differently.

AKG32
12-06-2010, 04:42 PM

I'm kinda sure it's the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's the game, then how come no one else on the forums seem to have the same problem?

I mean, if you eat an apple and it makes you sick, then a friend eats an apple and it makes him sick, does that mean that apples are poisonous?

irishferrydog
12-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Sorry about your problem... you're missing out on an amazing game!

Can you please stop saying 'freezed' though? It's 'froze' or 'has frozen'.

Assassins must be able to speak correctly!