PDA

View Full Version : Is the Multiplayer scoring system unfair?

TheMusingMoose
05-16-2011, 12:29 PM
I often find myself in an awkward position while playing multi-player. I will wait for my target while disguised in a crowd. When he walks by, I will casually walk out, while still Incognito, do a back flip over him, stab him three times in the chest, and cure all the worlds diseases, and I still only get a measly 400-450 points. Then a hulk in gold armour jumps off a roof and hits me with a broadsword, earning him 900 points?! What is this arbitrary silliness?!

TheMusingMoose
05-16-2011, 12:29 PM
I often find myself in an awkward position while playing multi-player. I will wait for my target while disguised in a crowd. When he walks by, I will casually walk out, while still Incognito, do a back flip over him, stab him three times in the chest, and cure all the worlds diseases, and I still only get a measly 400-450 points. Then a hulk in gold armour jumps off a roof and hits me with a broadsword, earning him 900 points?! What is this arbitrary silliness?!

ShaneO7K
05-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Well if the guy could go on the roofs without being seen and is able to dive off the roof and assassinate you, then yes he deserves the points as more skill is required to stay incognito in a place like a roof than it is when you are blending in a crowd.

E-Zekiel
05-16-2011, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
I often find myself in an awkward position while playing multi-player. I will wait for my target while disguised in a crowd. When he walks by, I will casually walk out, while still Incognito, do a back flip over him, stab him three times in the chest, and cure all the worlds diseases, and I still only get a measly 400-450 points. Then a hulk in gold armour jumps off a roof and hits me with a broadsword, earning him 900 points?! What is this arbitrary silliness?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That you have difficulty understanding it does not mean it's universal. There are a myriad of ways this can happen.

First of all, if you hang out in a blend group and your target gets by and you're too slow in your blending-to-killing transition, you are losing 200 points you could have had from hiding. Killing someone from a blending spot, or a second or two after exiting it nets you an additional +200 for hiding.

Second of all, you're not seeing everything. While you might only get 400 points for your kill, the guy that jumped off the roof might have a bunch of things going for him. I can think of a very easy way a guy on a roof could get 900 points for killing you.

1. You were stalking your target.

He got:
kill +100
incognito +300
focus (targeting you and waiting for the round meter to fill) +150
savior (stopping you from killing your target while you were close to your target) +50
Streak bonus (from killing 3 people silently) +300

=900

2. You were being stalked by someone else in addition to the one that killed you.

kill +100
incognito +300
focus (targeting you and waiting for the round meter to fill) +150
Poacher (killing you before the other pursuer, while the pursuer was close) +50
Streak bonus +300

=900.

It's about taking every advantage you can. If you play your cards right, you can get 500-600+ (no more than 650, I want to say) with a gun. Generally the bonuses needed for that are better spent on a silent melee kill though.