PDA

View Full Version : Examples of Persian Architecture

akelkar
07-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey guys, I went to India last christmas and saw places like the Taj Mahal and other forts and palaces. All those structures were built by persians when they conquered India many years ago. Take a look at the photos and tell me you dont see a resemblance to the kind of palaces and design we saw in the games!!!!! The architecture bears an incredible resemblance!!!! I would love to hear of what you think of it all!

Here's the link: http://hilltop.bradley.edu/~akelkar/

akelkar
07-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey guys, I went to India last christmas and saw places like the Taj Mahal and other forts and palaces. All those structures were built by persians when they conquered India many years ago. Take a look at the photos and tell me you dont see a resemblance to the kind of palaces and design we saw in the games!!!!! The architecture bears an incredible resemblance!!!! I would love to hear of what you think of it all!

Here's the link: http://hilltop.bradley.edu/~akelkar/

Dark_Prince11
07-24-2005, 10:07 AM
I would say you're right..

Azard300
07-24-2005, 10:10 AM
yup the flowers and stuff look like the ones pop the pattrens

Murmelwerfer
07-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey guys =)

Hmm i agrre with one point. its right its like in SoT. The Buidlings.
But persia did not build the mahal.
And Azard sry. the flower is not Persia style.
The written there is arabic or something but not persian.

The Mahal is younger then teh persian empire.
They have teh Nail wrting not this written.
The indians or araber or dunno build thsi buidling. but not the persians http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

akelkar
07-24-2005, 10:30 AM
hey,

I do know it was the Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan who built the Taj for his dead wife. And as I know it, the Moghuls were in fact Persians. They come from that same Afghan-Iranian-Iraqi area - which used to be one in olden days. At that time there was no Pakistan, it was one with India. The flowers etc on the Taj are TRUE persian characteristics. It was built in the 17th century when their empire was flourishing. The writting is from the Qu'ran, the holy book of the Muslims, and Persians are in fact Muslims.

Murmelwerfer
07-24-2005, 10:41 AM
yeah maybe.
But this flowers are not persian. i dont think so.
And in fact the Persians arent muslims. For 300 years theer was the start of islam in Iran.
Before that they pray to teh fire.
Example is Ahura Mazda.

And the Islam isnt so old.
mOhamed wrote the Quran. And jesus wrote teh Bible. Is no different.
And this written u kniow is not persian...

akelkar
07-24-2005, 10:49 AM
As for the flowers think of the reception hall in SOT.

and I typed in "define: islam" into google and here is what I got:

"The religion founded by the Arab prophet Mohammed (570-632); an Arabic word meaning "submission to the will of God".
www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/history/undergrad/modules/hi127/glossary/"

So you know Islam is VERRYYYY old.

Murmelwerfer
07-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Arabic not Persian.

Arabnic is not teh same like persian.
And a Dog is nit a TV.
or iam wrong?

The castle in SoT is in Indian. but not in persian.
teh flowers in pesrian seems different.
Im searching for a exmaple. but i dont fidn anyyone.

And Mohamed yes he lives 570. or so
persia were for 5000 years ...
And something more.
maybe the islam is old.
But the islam exist in Persian 300 yeargs ago.
And i think this is really young.

I dont need to have serach with google or something...
I have my Father he is persian to. And i think that what he tell me is right....

akelkar
07-24-2005, 11:26 AM
So you are saying that the castle in Azad in SOT, where the prince battles his father isnt Persian, but Indian? If I remember correctly when the SOT are released they all back in Persia. And I never said Arabic was Persian. Arabic is a language from Arabia (in the olden times it was Persia). Persian is something from Persia.

Ask you dad what and who the Persians were. And where they were from. Coz there is no Persia today, it goes under different names.

habid_m
07-24-2005, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Arabic not Persian.

Arabnic is not teh same like persian.
And a Dog is nit a TV.
or iam wrong?

The castle in SoT is in Indian. but not in persian.
teh flowers in pesrian seems different.
Im searching for a exmaple. but i dont fidn anyyone.

And Mohamed yes he lives 570. or so
persia were for 5000 years ...
And something more.
maybe the islam is old.
But the islam exist in Persian 300 yeargs ago.
And i think this is really young.

I dont need to have serach with google or something...
I have my Father he is persian to. And i think that what he tell me is right.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But after 600 AD persia was conquered by the Arabs during the process of spreading islam, that's why we can see arabic writings on the walls of the persian architecture. So since story of sot took place during 900 AD (medieval times), the prince look like an arab warrior in the game.

akelkar
07-24-2005, 01:16 PM
we have digressed from the main topic really horiribly.

Back to the original question...what does everyone think about the monuments in india like those on my website....dont they look like the ones in the games?