PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if you're playing against a ganksquad in Dom:

DoodTheMan
04-04-2018, 09:32 PM
If they vote for: Forge, Sanctuary Bridge, or River fort, you're probably playing against a ganksquad.

Because no sane person likes going solo on those maps.

Archeun
04-04-2018, 10:27 PM
There's an easier way. If you go into Dominion; you have about a 80% chance of being against ganksquads since that is all that plays this game anymore. The game has always been toxic but it has become extremely toxic and it will continue to lose players because of it. Nobody enjoys playing these modes. I've begged for Ubi to make 1v1 viable in terms of Steel and Exp. I'd never play a Dominion or 4v4 mode again.

Vakris_One
04-04-2018, 11:49 PM
Assume that you're always playing against a gank squad in Dom, it's a team based mode after all. There's nothing wrong with team play by the way, the problem is the overpowered level 4 feats and the unblockable meta we currently find ourselves in.

Mia.Nora
04-05-2018, 12:37 AM
I have been playing LoL for a very long time near a decade I guess, and in LoL without exception everyone does their absolute best to be able to gank and successfully doing so is always perceived as an indicator of good play. Noone ever complains and it is never a problem.

This is the case in LoL simply because there is a strategic cost for attempting that. If one of the 3 lanes leaves their corridor in an attempt to gank another lane this means giving free push to enemy. If a jungler is too much into unsuccessful gank attempts he may fall behind in his farm.

Let's look at for honor. There are 3 objective spots, yet only spot B requires prolonged attention to generate points and that is only for 20 seconds of zone attack spam every 2 minutes. A and C ? Capture them once and forget until they are taken by enemy. So everyone roams free for ganks, with absolutely no strategic cost for doing so.

This is the idiocracy of FH devs, not being able to see the problem to begin with let alone implementing one of the hundreds of suggestions offered in this forums.

As a closing 2 cents; my solution is that no zone should generate any points for the team unless there is a player from that team manning it at the time. And reduce/remove points for kills, especially the ones that have any assist in them.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2018, 01:12 AM
If they vote for: Forge, Sanctuary Bridge, or River fort, you're probably playing against a ganksquad.

Because no sane person likes going solo on those maps.

Sometimes river fort is the best of three bad options, though yeah I try to vote in the likes of temple garden and citadel gate.

I have been playing LoL for a very long time near a decade I guess, and in LoL without exception everyone does their absolute best to be able to gank and successfully doing so is always perceived as an indicator of good play. Noone ever complains and it is never a problem.

This is the case in LoL simply because there is a strategic cost for attempting that. If one of the 3 lanes leaves their corridor in an attempt to gank another lane this means giving free push to enemy. If a jungler is too much into unsuccessful gank attempts he may fall behind in his farm.

Let's look at for honor. There are 3 objective spots, yet only spot B requires prolonged attention to generate points and that is only for 20 seconds of zone spam every 2 mins. A and C ? Capture them once and forget until they are taken by enemy. So everyone roams free for ganks, with absolutely no strategic cost for doing so.

This is the idiocracy of FH devs, not being able to see the problem to begin with let alone implementing one of the hundreds of suggestions offered in this forums.

As a closing 2 cents; my solution is that no zone should generate any points the team unless there is a player from that team manning it at the time. And reduce remove points for kills, especially the ones that have any assist in them.

Yeah I think that is something that would help a fair bit, I think maps need to be bigger, middle zone needs to have a definite advantage, not a gamebreaking one but a reason to keep it, and keeping zones needs to be more important than kills. I think teamplay needs to be a viable option, like if a team pull off a sweep they get a definite chance to take or nearly take all three zones, but it needs to be less overpowering than it is currently.

I disagree with pushing everyone towards 1v1 by means of renown though, certainly as it stands, because the thing is the assassins get their boost through 1v1 fights (always confuses me that the main boost for an assassin is what the game classes an honourable fight) or through getting the last hit in a kill to increase their chain, if everyone is pushed towards this, the assassins need a different renown boost scenario as either everyone is getting roughly the same 1v1 boost or assassins are hindering their teammates because that becomes their only unique way to get renown.

UbiJurassic
04-05-2018, 01:31 AM
Adding to the this topic. I've made sure to get a note along to the team regarding the community's concerns with ganking. Should we get more news or developments in regards to it, I'll circle back here and relay the information to players.

RoosterIlluzion
04-05-2018, 03:17 AM
I still don't understand the logic behind these posts. TURN OFF MATCHMAKING.

HazelrahFirefly
04-05-2018, 03:18 AM
Assume that you're always playing against a gank squad in Dom, it's a team based mode after all. There's nothing wrong with team play by the way, the problem is the overpowered level 4 feats and the unblockable meta we currently find ourselves in.

Agreed, its not the multiple opponents to fend off at once. Even if I expect to lose it can still be fun to try. Its the myriad of explosives, projectiles, debuffs, and revenge failing to pop that ruin dominion.