PDA

View Full Version : About armor and time cost

SpaceJim12
04-04-2018, 03:31 PM
I still can't get out of my mind the last Warrior's Den hype, where devs clearly said that we will not see any new armor in near future, cause it's to coastly to time. It's hit me hard, cause I really hope for new customization in For Honor in season 6. Cause instead of reworks of chars it will be great rework of whole system and help to monetize game better. And for now I have no clue what devs could offer us in season 6 (don't count reworks, it's should be ocationaly.

So, today I read some words from Overwatch devs, that said D.VA it's hard char to work with, cause you have two sepparate models that should work together in all skins and animations. But still we see new visual for this char every single update.

And after that I just imagine what happens if Jeff Kaplan said something like "You'll not see any new legendary skins for Overwatch in near future, cause it's to coastly to time make them. Only recolor of old skins, but every week!"
Add to it possibility to not see any new chars next year of the game, no new maps and slowly reworks, like 2-3 in 3 month, and you'll see how huge playerbase will becom from 35 millions to 35 thousands.

Ubisoft now stand on very thin ice. They still have playerbase, someone who like their game and believe in them, but if they still offer nothing in S6, people keep leaveing this game. And to the end of year 2 it could be 0 players in For Honor.

Tirik22x
04-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Bc theyíre just honestly lazy bro... itís REALLY driving me closer to quitting.

Which sucks bc I love this game... but I am a man of principle. When you come out and say straight up that we will not be getting them BECAUSE ITS TOO MUCH WORK?!? That blows my mind... especially when every other game I can think of does this REGULARLY! Itís insane!

Theyíre killing what could be such an amazing game, THAT LASTS... but theyíre literally going to destroy it bc theyíre too lazy.

I canít imagine going into my place of work and just telling my clients ďyea, nah... I canít do that for you bc itís actually a lot of work. I mean, I could... but yea, itís just too time consuming. Iíd much rather just do stuff that you donít care about bc itís just easier... and Iím still making money from you. Oh, sure I know youíll eventually leave me and find a new person to help you, but Iím making easy money now so thatís ok.Ē

Are you ****ing kidding me?!???

Haplo_Bane
04-04-2018, 04:26 PM
The fact that these pseudo devs bragged about buying such mundane items,such as a bed and a tv,indicates that even they are surprised at still having a job. And the fact they openly announced they find the work they are payed for as 'too hard' and are unwilling to even try,shows what kind of management their under. They're not lazy. They simply have no idea of what to do. They would prefer you think they're lazy instead of what they are. Under qualified lying manchild frauds floundering and scared sh*tless what will become of them when it all comes crashing down. So let them have it while it lasts,and be thankful it's not your life. Show your discontent,not with words,but with money. Don't give them any.

HazelrahFirefly
04-04-2018, 04:36 PM
I dont think its as black and white as you guys believe.

Ubisoft wants to make money, and you do that with as little output as possible. I'd wager they pulled employees from FH to see how little can be produced while the game still makes money.

I don't believe, and won't believe, that is poorly skilled developers or lazy. I do think that Damien and Pope are both quite bad at PR (or maybe they are pissed and trying to get the word out), because the answers and discussions they give are absolute ****.

Tirik22x
04-04-2018, 05:00 PM
The fact that these pseudo devs bragged about buying such mundane items,such as a bed and a tv,indicates that even they are surprised at still having a job. And the fact they openly announced they find the work they are payed for as 'too hard' and are unwilling to even try,shows what kind of management their under. They're not lazy. They simply have no idea of what to do. They would prefer you think they're lazy instead of what they are. Under qualified lying manchild frauds floundering and scared sh*tless what will become of them when it all comes crashing down. So let them have it while it lasts,and be thankful it's not your life. Show your discontent,not with words,but with money. Don't give them any.

Yup... Iím firm on my decision to not spend another penny on this game UNTIL we get new armor

SpaceJim12
04-04-2018, 05:18 PM
Ubisoft wants to make money, and you do that with as little output as possible. I'd wager they pulled employees from FH to see how little can be produced while the game still makes money.

For sure they want. But with what they supposed to do it? I mean, previous year you have a lot to spend Steel to. Emotes, exclusive for every hero, cool executions, new chars, real cool mythic sets with good effects.
But now, where to spend still? Cheap emotes with salt and drink? Same to every chars? Mask? From start of season 5 I bought Gladiator, execution to him, mythic to him and now I still have 5000 steel and don't know where to spend it. For weekly cheap effects, for recolors that I've already have enough?
You can't monetize project without content, it's impossible. Since Overwatch released, everyone desided that it's easy to do game as servise. Oh, players could by our game for 60 dollars and than spend 10-60 dollars to microtransations, lootboxes and all.
But Overwatch have it clear and smart. You buy or grind lootboxes cause there are a bunch things inside, some unique skins you want. In For Honor we have poor customization (after S3, I believe) and stupid disadvantage system of gear stats.
That's why i hope for whole new system, that make game more monetize and customizable.

Hormly
04-04-2018, 06:45 PM
I dont think the devs are lazy, if there was money in it theyd do it. Would you work for no profit?

At this point in FH the team is small, and they do what they can with what they have, but they dont have what theyd need to add what we want.

Such is life.

SpaceJim12
04-04-2018, 08:06 PM
At this point in FH the team is small, and they do what they can with what they have, but they dont have what theyd need to add what we want.

How small should be devs team, based and publishing with 30 year existed company, to did almost nothing in whole year?
I don't think devs are lazy as well. But I really try to figure out what they are doing and what's up next.

Hormly
04-04-2018, 11:08 PM
I dont know how big of a money maker FH is for ubi at the moment, i can imagine there are bigger titles to give priority to 😕

UbiJurassic
04-05-2018, 01:25 AM
There's plenty of other threads revolving around this topic. If you could like to continue discussing this topic, I would suggest you take this discussion to the respective thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1863842-Okay-people-REALLY-want-new-non-shiney-armor-now!). We don't need multiple threads regarding this topic. Closing this thread.