PDA

View Full Version : What do the Feathers do and the Codex Pages? Plz help

LilKis
02-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Well what do the feathers do, I collected 7 of them and there is 100.

Also What do the codex Pages do when you move them on the wall to unlock his memories or something. What is his final memories? Is it on youtube? Can someone post a link or something? Plz help and thanks

LilKis
02-18-2010, 10:25 AM

Also What do the codex Pages do when you move them on the wall to unlock his memories or something. What is his final memories? Is it on youtube? Can someone post a link or something? Plz help and thanks

iKoako
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Collecting all the feathers will get you the Auditore Cape. Collecting 50 of the feathers will get you some kind of better hammer..(Forgot the name of it) They're just for achievements, eh.

For the Codex pages, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">you have to line them up so they make the map of the world.</span> &lt;- I start by doing the outer layer first. Then work to the inside. o__o

shimpaku
02-18-2010, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LilKis:

Also What do the codex Pages do when you move them on the wall to unlock his memories or something. What is his final memories? Is it on youtube? Can someone post a link or something? Plz help and thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Collecting the feathers is simply an achievement although you will have to collect at least 50 to proceed with a certain mission/sequence later in the game.

As to your question on what do with all of the codex pages that's for you to find out. I'm not in any way trying to be short but you're asking for the answers to the end of the game. You'll find out when you collect them all and sort them out on the codex wall to proceed to sequence 14. In essence, your asking how it all ends so why even bother playing the game if you don't wish to go through great sequences/game play that lay's ahead for you!

LilKis
02-18-2010, 11:07 AM
The thing is, is it hard to sort them out on the codex? I don't know how to do it. Also to beat the game you have to collect all of the codex pages? I thought they were optinal...are they or aren't they? Thanks

AgentValentine
02-18-2010, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LilKis:
The thing is, is it hard to sort them out on the codex? I don't know how to do it. Also to beat the game you have to collect all of the codex pages? I thought they were optinal...are they or aren't they? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not optional. =p You can find guides online if you have a lot of trouble with it...I did at first, till I read what the codex pages show when arranged correctly (use your eagle vision!) and then I finished it right quick.

The feathers are optional--I just found a map of their locations and had it pulled up on my laptop and marked them off as I found them.

shimpaku
02-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Yes, my apologies as to collecting the 50 feathers as they have nothing to do with proceeding with the game. However, you MUST collect all 30 of the codex pages to proceed with sequence 14. As iKoako said, work with the outside pages first as they are a frame. After that, this has to be the easiest puzzle to solve in the entire game. Just use your Eagle Vision when doing it and you'll see that it's practically a no brainer. As for collecting all of the feathers here is a site that is of great help in keeping track of the ones you located and also their locations. ! SPOILER !
http://www.mlwgames.com/assassinscreed2/