PDA

View Full Version : Quit penalty

Cliff_001
04-02-2018, 08:49 PM
What is the point of it when you can just exit out of the application and you don't get penalized for it? I still see the same amount of people leaving games as I did before the penalty was introduced. It has really just turned quitting into a minor inconvenience at this point.

FredEx919
04-02-2018, 09:42 PM
While you may not notice it, we've seen a huge decrease in quitting since the penalty has been introduced. However, we're only detecting certain situations in which someone quits. We're not looking to penalize for every scenario. I don't expect this to be removed, but we'll always keep an eye on how things are going in case some changes are needing to be made.

Arekonator
04-02-2018, 10:02 PM
So, are you ever going to do something about certain player (at this point everyone knows who i am talking about) that leaves every game he is about to lose, over and over again, since the relase, to the point he became a meme?

Cliff_001
04-02-2018, 10:04 PM
While you may not notice it, we've seen a huge decrease in quitting since the penalty has been introduced. However, we're only detecting certain situations in which someone quits. We're not looking to penalize for every scenario. I don't expect this to be removed, but we'll always keep an eye on how things are going in case some changes are needing to be made.
I guess it is some kind if deterrent but still if people want to quit without a penalty they will always find a way I suppose, anyway thanks Fred.

KitingFatKidsEZ
04-03-2018, 11:30 AM
I guess it is some kind if deterrent but still if people want to quit without a penalty they will always find a way I suppose, anyway thanks Fred.

No, thats ********. Every other game just punishes everyone who quits regardless of the reason the left.

I imagine the same smart guy who thought that 4v4 PeerToPeer is a good idea also designed the leaver penalty in this game.

Legit, i am happy that someone made a completely fresh game experience but i feel like the team who designed this has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about online multiplayer. Like as in, have never designed a game for online multiplayer OR ever played anonline multiplayer game themselves.

Dtheawesome9010
04-03-2018, 03:00 PM
So, are you ever going to do something about certain player (at this point everyone knows who i am talking about) that leaves every game he is about to lose, over and over again, since the relase, to the point he became a meme?

I only got the game about a month ago and i don't think i know who he is. which platform is he on i might've seen him? also i tried looking for the memes of this guy.

Arekonator
04-03-2018, 03:49 PM
I only got the game about a month ago and i don't think i know who he is. which platform is he on i might've seen him? also i tried looking for the memes of this guy.

PC, european region. If you dont know who it is, then good for you. I cant put the name out here for obvious reasons. There is not many things more discouraging then when you know you will be stucked with bot because he leaves if you get down just a hundred points after 3 minute mark.

Dtheawesome9010
04-04-2018, 01:02 PM
PC, european region. If you dont know who it is, then good for you. I cant put the name out here for obvious reasons. There is not many things more discouraging then when you know you will be stucked with bot because he leaves if you get down just a hundred points after 3 minute mark.

Yea good thing I don't have a PC and I can understand the name not being said here and that does sound very annoying

Tirik22x
04-04-2018, 01:41 PM

I think it should be reviewed again now that there are servers... I rarely ever get dropped from a game, so I believe itís fairly safe to say that if ppl ďdropĒ, that itís bc they chose to

Vakris_One
04-04-2018, 02:38 PM
I don't think they will do anything about the enigmatically floral one himself. I mean he's like rep 128 or something, I first encountered him quitting matches at the start of Season 3 and yet he's still not banned. He is one of the most famous memes within the PC community, I think pretty much 70% of the PC community have videos of this guy leaving matches when he starts to lose and yet he is allowed to continue getting away with it.

Smuggler007
04-13-2018, 06:37 PM
Did you all catch what they said in yesterday's Warrior's Den? Due to a bug, quit penalty will no longer apply as intended? Anyone who quits will still have that match count as a loss. Its a temporary measure and the devs need the community's feedback on this as to how these quitters should be dealt with. Haven't seen a patch log, nor any thread mentioning this yet.

I haven't experienced a problem with this bug affecting me since the arrival of dedicated servers. However, it is annoying to see some players quit when they've died once or did not like how we've witnessed them play like a noob, I guess. Like it matters really that they died or played like some noob. I frankly don't care as long as players like to play and have fun with the game. But some players quit for the dumbest reasons and as long as they know they can get away with it, they will always quit on purpose. Granted, when it was all peer-to-peer, one couldn't just jump to conclusion that the player quit intentionally. There could have been some technical issue involved. Well, there still could be [technical issues] with dedicated servers. But it's not a technical issue when you do see the same old players quitting for the dumbest reasons. And yes we saw that lag switch trick at work once. Somehow the devs have created a system that can detect who is really quitting intentionally and who is not due to connectivity issues.

My brother and I have seen it work consistently. We did not lose our salvage xp when disconnected. Not once were we ever penalized for being disconnected in any of these game modes. We still encountered other matchmaking bugs and errors of course. But the game did not make a mistake when our match crashed due to some disconnect, be it accidental or intentional. I don't doubt when they said that a number of players had their accounts reset due to their AFK farming or rage quitting antics. But it's still going on and yes, hit them hard where it counts most: Steel. Apply the same system they have for salvage xp bonus when the system detects that they rage quit. Let the first penalty be 500 steel, the second penalty be 1000 steel, the third penalty 3000 steel, etc., until it caps for the day. Let's see how often they want to continue to rage quit once they get that old fashion spank in the pocketbook, so to speak. bwahahahahaaaa

wolfman25br
04-13-2018, 07:10 PM
I dont like the time penalty either. it changes nothing.

Some poitns to prevent quiting:

1-Fun game, not feel cheated even when losing. Ganking and hero opness abuse seems to be the trigger for majority of quitting.

2-Decent Incentive off game even when losing (xp or $) the amount receive for a lost in a duel is awful. even when it goes 3 x 2.

3-After defeat incentive inganeme (titanfall 2 its the best example i could think off, even when you lose you can go to an extract point, to win more xp and $).

Dcs still gets me now and then on dominion (and I mostly on duel)

EvoX.
04-13-2018, 07:21 PM
I know a certain player that will absolutely love the quit penalty removal.

It has to do with flowers. And secrets.

Vakris_One
04-14-2018, 01:21 AM
Yeah, someone's secret flowers will love this. The devs basically legitimise his rage quitting with this decision instead of banning him like most serious developers would do. Oh well, I guess they're happy to be the laughing stock of PvP games because of this one dude turned into notorious meme.

I'll still be reporting him every time I see him though. Maybe I'll get banned instead, lol!

Kelson27
04-14-2018, 02:35 AM
Sorry personally, a game should never punish a player base until the game is flawless enough that the punishment is valid.

Fix quit penalty? FIX MATCHMAKING.

Until I can join a game that isnít 4 rep 100+ spawn camping and attacking 3 rep 1s while they zoom into the map just to be able to respond - then a quit penalty is incredibly uncalled for.

Vakris_One
04-14-2018, 02:53 AM
Sorry personally, a game should never punish a player base until the game is flawless enough that the punishment is valid.

Fix quit penalty? FIX MATCHMAKING.

Until I can join a game that isnít 4 rep 100+ spawn camping and attacking 3 rep 1s while they zoom into the map just to be able to respond - then a quit penalty is incredibly uncalled for.
You could always quit those matches within the first 30 seconds of it starting without any penalty. Quitting only when you start to lose is a playstyle no PvP game should promote in my opinion.

Kelson27
04-14-2018, 04:42 AM
You could always quit those matches within the first 30 seconds of it starting without any penalty. Quitting only when you start to lose is a playstyle no PvP game should promote in my opinion.

That is true, but I shouldn't have to load all the way into a match to know whether that's the matchup - it's a waste of the players time. And still, you aren't going to know how dirty those players play until they've dominated the map, that's longer than 30 seconds. Honestly, the quit before 30 seconds thing is a scapegoat to fixing an actual problem - if that was the solution then everyone should be quitting at the beginning of the match due to rep numbers... which is a really awful fix for the wrong problem, and would be a problem itself.

Quitting because losing, yeah I agree. But your gonna get a quarter the way through the match before you see how bad it's gonna be. Until then, I ain't hanging around to save the other 3 bots left on my team. Matchmaking, proper revenge mechanics, solutions to ganking. THEN quit penalty.

Duel and brawl, completely different story, quit penalty should apply. But still, matchmaking is bad there too.

SangLong524
04-14-2018, 08:52 AM
Did you all catch what they said in yesterday's Warrior's Den? Due to a bug, quit penalty will no longer apply as intended? Anyone who quits will still have that match count as a loss. Its a temporary measure and the devs need the community's feedback on this as to how these quitters should be dealt with. Haven't seen a patch log, nor any thread mentioning this yet.

I haven't experienced a problem with this bug affecting me since the arrival of dedicated servers. However, it is annoying to see some players quit when they've died once or did not like how we've witnessed them play like a noob, I guess. Like it matters really that they died or played like some noob. I frankly don't care as long as players like to play and have fun with the game. But some players quit for the dumbest reasons and as long as they know they can get away with it, they will always quit on purpose. Granted, when it was all peer-to-peer, one couldn't just jump to conclusion that the player quit intentionally. There could have been some technical issue involved. Well, there still could be [technical issues] with dedicated servers. But it's not a technical issue when you do see the same old players quitting for the dumbest reasons. And yes we saw that lag switch trick at work once. Somehow the devs have created a system that can detect who is really quitting intentionally and who is not due to connectivity issues.

My brother and I have seen it work consistently. We did not lose our salvage xp when disconnected. Not once were we ever penalized for being disconnected in any of these game modes. We still encountered other matchmaking bugs and errors of course. But the game did not make a mistake when our match crashed due to some disconnect, be it accidental or intentional. I don't doubt when they said that a number of players had their accounts reset due to their AFK farming or rage quitting antics. But it's still going on and yes, hit them hard where it counts most: Steel. Apply the same system they have for salvage xp bonus when the system detects that they rage quit. Let the first penalty be 500 steel, the second penalty be 1000 steel, the third penalty 3000 steel, etc., until it caps for the day. Let's see how often they want to continue to rage quit once they get that old fashion spank in the pocketbook, so to speak. bwahahahahaaaa
I don't think penalize steel is legal. Some people purchase steel with real money. If they penalize that, they effectively call themselves cyber cops. Who give them Law Enforcer authority?!
No, I think time ban is sufficient. What they need to work out is clearly define these toxic antics without getting overzealous