PDA

View Full Version : For... memes?. No honor left in For Honor.

ItsHolyman666
04-02-2018, 02:02 AM
Memes. Memes everywhere! I know that this has been said before, but as someone who has played since the closed alpha I figure I might voice my opinion on the forums and let Ubisoft know that there is at a semi-silent population of the community that despise the apparent childish direction that the game has taken.

I'm honestly really not sure why the developers have decided to go the way of Reddit, with rainbow animations and emotes that literally mimic popular memes like the 'rubbing salt in the wound,' but this kind of thing just encourages toxicity. Back in The Day, this game really was about Honor and not ganking. I've sent many players a congratulatory message, win or lose, when they actually fight with integrity and don't spam emotes and WOW! THANKS! After every kill.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that every time you get thrown off a ledge or killed by an exploit it's time to rage at the game and blame the devs. War is a dirty business... but I would rather know that I am fighting someone with at least a basic level of integrity, not some idiot who is foaming at the mouth to use an exploit and work up some "rage" by taunting the opposition. I feel that the game as a whole overly rewards ganky actions as opposed to, well, honorable ones.

***side note, I would sincely like a "you're welcome!" Or similar in quick chat. People will already use it sarcastically just like they do "thanks!" so I don't see how that would be an issue, but I really do feel like an *** when I reply to a ' thanks!'with another 'thanks!' 😆