PDA

View Full Version : So...generally I try to be chill

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2018, 09:43 PM
You know what, I tend to think I am a civil poster, I might post more than some, I might know more about what the devs are saying than some (because I make the effort to using resources everyone else has access to). But I am starting to get tired of an argument that is being thrown at me whenever I disagree with someone.

Twice in the last week, people have essentially said that I am a company guy, that I am 'a chill squad of For Honor devs' or that because I do things like the recaps I 'kind of have to support the game' (those are direct quotes by the by), so people are basically saying I am arguing against them because essentially I am toeing the company line and my opinions are somehow less valid because no matter what I am going to argue in favour of the devs and essentially be their mouthpiece.

So the guys who have said this, I have only seen them relatively recently, so let me tell you something for free, I am nobody's mouthpiece.I spent my first three months here in near every post the peacekeeper came up saying that her light spam needed nerfing in favour of making her kit more useful when they were nerfing everything but what gave her her toxic reputation (as a peacekeeper main back when I had a main). I have posted,a couple times, on the added grind of the gear stats and how this is not friendly to new players. I said, multiple times, that it is not right that I can play 20v20 on one game and can't handle 4v4 on the same connection here. I went about as nuclear as I am ever going to get over how the devs handled both the end of season 2 in the final hours and how they changed the rewards without telling us angering both the winners and runners up, again expressed disgust when they made an improvement to said rewards without telling us beforehand (this as someone who received said rewards). In case you're not getting it, in short, when I see something I think is bad I call it out.

So when I am telling you what the devs have said or when I happen to have a different opinion, this is not someone speaking from a company script. So I am going to say something I said in one of these threads, I neither trade on any favour for doing the recaps or being generally active nor do I toe any kind of company line, I just feel that I can express my point far better without shouty capital letters and manipulating characters to avoid the swear filter. If I, a For Honor player, happen to disagree with you or have no opinion so I write what the devs have said on a topic the last half dozen times it came up, then I am doing that as a player and as another poster on these boards, maybe think on that before going for the easy 'oh Candle is speaking from the company script so let's just dismiss this' argument.

I have no idea if this is the right place for a post like this, this is a me thing not a game thing, if the reps feel this needs to be moved or deleted, I am fine with that, but this is getting on my nerves enough that yeah I figured I am going to put it out there.

AkenoKobayashi
04-01-2018, 09:51 PM
You're probably the only person I respect here, whose name I actually can remember. Just remember that this forum is majorly filled with screeching chimps who think that flinging crap at each other is "giving feedback" on issues in the game even though they just refuse to except their incompetence, and refuse to learn and understand the mechanics of the game.

Walrusrancher
04-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Companies pay people to post on their behalf all the time. There's nothing wrong with that and if you're making a few bucks on the side i say good for you. On the other hand if you aren't getting paid then you're a first class chump.

P.S. This game shows all the signs of a product that is about to be abandon. Look for an even bigger discount on steel (50% or more) in the near future in lieu of more content.

Walrusrancher
04-01-2018, 10:20 PM
except their incompetence, and refuse to learn

lol except, priceless.

UbiInsulin
04-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Closing this as I think it's more about interpersonal interactions on here than the game itself, so it's not strictly "on-topic."