PDA

View Full Version : Game wont progress missions

Killaone87
04-01-2018, 05:42 PM
I've gotten to the point where John seed summoned me to falls end but when I get there the town is empty (no people) and nothing happens when I go to the church. Also I cant use the shops in falls end as there is no option to highlight.

Also I can't select any missions to do (no press x to select) it's just stuck on "the cleansing". If I go to any place where story related people are supposed to be no one is there. Essentially the game has stopped any type of progress but I can still do side missions if I just locate them on the map and just go there but I can't highlight any type of missions in the journal.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing. I have 3 consoles here and tried all of them but the same results. Could really use some help as I don't want to try starting from scratch.

ubi--unicorn
04-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Hey Killaone87, did you die before this started?

Zirrico
04-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Hello,

I am getting this same bug.

It is interesting that you still see "The Cleansing" mission. Was that mission bugged for you as well? I died during The Cleansing and was unable to complete that mission. However, all other story and side missions were available and completeable afterwards from what I could tell so I just kept playing.

Now my Atonement mission will not activate. I wonder if because The Cleansing was bugged initially, it's not letting us progress with Atonement?

Zirrico
04-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Wait, are we supposed to be able to activate missions by pressing "X" in the journal screen?

I can see all other missions besides Atonement and they have a "Y" to View on Map. If you travel to those locations the missions will activate for me.

But again, no Atonement in my journal, but The Cleansing is still there with no "Y" option to View on Map.

Zirrico
04-02-2018, 02:07 AM
Just wanted to update y'all that this issue was resolved for me based on some info provided in this post:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1860668-Multiple-Mission-Bugs?p=13417100#post13417100

I returned to the location of The Cleansing and got the mission to re-trigger, completed The Cleansing, and then The Atonement was playable.

Killaone87
04-02-2018, 06:40 AM
Hey Killaone87, did you die before this started?

No I just saw the notification that I had accumulated enough points and John had requested me at falls end. I didn't go right away but when I did the town was empty.

Killaone87
04-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Wait, are we supposed to be able to activate missions by pressing "X" in the journal screen?

I can see all other missions besides Atonement and they have a "Y" to View on Map. If you travel to those locations the missions will activate for me.

But again, no Atonement in my journal, but The Cleansing is still there with no "Y" option to View on Map.

Yes when it was working fine I could select which mission I wanted by pressing x. It was written right next to whatever was highlighted. I still have the press y to show on map option but not the press x. Also it is permanently highlighted on the cleansing

Killaone87
04-02-2018, 06:44 AM
Hello,

I am getting this same bug.

It is interesting that you still see "The Cleansing" mission. Was that mission bugged for you as well? I died during The Cleansing and was unable to complete that mission. However, all other story and side missions were available and completeable afterwards from what I could tell so I just kept playing.

Now my Atonement mission will not activate. I wonder if because The Cleansing was bugged initially, it's not letting us progress with Atonement?

I was never able to get the mission to activate.

Killaone87
04-02-2018, 06:46 AM
Just wanted to update y'all that this issue was resolved for me based on some info provided in this post:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1860668-Multiple-Mission-Bugs?p=13417100#post13417100

I returned to the location of The Cleansing and got the mission to re-trigger, completed The Cleansing, and then The Atonement was playable.

Thank you, I'll try it out but seeing as I never got the mission to ever start I don't think this will apply to me.

Ubi-Baron
04-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Thanks for providing that information, Zirrico

Let us know how you get on Killaone87

Killaone87
04-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Thanks for providing that information, Zirrico

Let us know how you get on Killaone87

Still stuck. Very frustrated.

Killaone87
04-02-2018, 01:52 PM

Thank you, I'll try it out but seeing as I never got the mission to ever start I don't think this will apply to me.

Tried out this method but just as I thought it did nothing for me seeing as I never got the mission to launch in the first place. Reading through the tech thread seems like there has been a lot of game breaking bugs since launch. Ubisoft really needs to address the issue sooner rather then later. I personally bought the ultimate edition and am rather upset that my game is essentially broken.

Ubi-Baron
04-02-2018, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Killaone87

Do you have any friends with the game? If so can you try joining their game in Co-Op, then backing out of the game and loading your own. This can sometimes help to trigger the mission to load in your game.

Killaone87
04-02-2018, 06:10 PM

Do you have any friends with the game? If so can you try joining their game in Co-Op, then backing out of the game and loading your own. This can sometimes help to trigger the mission to load in your game.

Ok I will try this. However it would be more reassuring to know that ubi is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. This is beyond frustrating now. I paid for a product and it does not work as it should. I am being given possible maybe fixes and work arounds. The game should just work. Period. If it was not ready to be realeased then it should not have been. I feel like I just paid $120 for a "ultimate edition" to be a beta tester. More like ultimately scammed.

Killaone87
04-03-2018, 10:34 PM

Ok I will try this. However it would be more reassuring to know that ubi is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. This is beyond frustrating now. I paid for a product and it does not work as it should. I am being given possible maybe fixes and work arounds. The game should just work. Period. If it was not ready to be realeased then it should not have been. I feel like I just paid $120 for a "ultimate edition" to be a beta tester. More like ultimately scammed.

Tried joining a friends game, quit and nothing happens. tried inviting friend to my game, nothing. quit co-op, nothing.
This is completely unacceptable. I would like a refund until the game is fixed.

Killaone87
04-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Tried joining a friends game, quit and nothing happens. tried inviting friend to my game, nothing. quit co-op, nothing.
This is completely unacceptable. I would like a refund until the game is fixed.

Killaone87
04-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Still nothing from Ubisoft about this issue?

Killaone87
04-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Bump to keep relevant.

Any word on a actual fix?? Hopefully no more wild goose chases ubisoft.

Ubi-Bandicoot
04-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Bump to keep relevant.

Any word on a actual fix?? Hopefully no more wild goose chases ubisoft.

We've passed it on to be looked into as it's come up in quite a few other threads too. We are currently requesting save files to help with this but unfortunately due to how Xbox stores these it makes it difficult for people on this platform to send them to us. So we're relying on our PS4 and PC users right now.

Killaone87
04-05-2018, 10:09 PM
We've passed it on to be looked into as it's come up in quite a few other threads too. We are currently requesting save files to help with this but unfortunately due to how Xbox stores these it makes it difficult for people on this platform to send them to us. So we're relying on our PS4 and PC users right now.

Thank you for this update, it really goes a long way knowing that we are being heard and looked after accordingly