PDA

View Full Version : Miss the Truth Puzzles in Revelations

jerome653
12-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Miss the brilliant Truth Puzzles in Revelations very much. It gave AC123 (fyi, LightRey's clarification below) a mysterious feeling as if we were hacking into something in the 'Real Word'. I liked the spooky music/ambience, 2d puzzle format (2d nice break for the mind from 3d), solving the puzzles, the conspiracy theories they revealed and the beautiful art they sometimes utilized. I enjoyed 'finding' the entrance to the puzzles in the 3d world and finally stitching together the final 'truth' video.

Did the powers that be shutdown this feature? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Can Ubisoft please bring them back in the next version - keep the 2d format and maybe add some new puzzle types? It was brilliant. Thank you.

LightRey
12-10-2011, 07:06 AM
AC123?

AC1 didn't have truth puzzles (well sorta at the end, but not really) and AC3 doesn't exist, so I assume you're talking about ACB.

I sorta miss them, but the Desmond missions made up for them.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Just imo, I don't miss them, only the eery vibe they gave off.

I had to use cheats on too many of them to make them significant to me so ......
I don't miss them, but I'm always good with other replacements with that mystery factor.

& I'm not sure that just becuz they made an addition in one game that they have to always continue it.

twenty_glyphs
12-10-2011, 11:14 AM
I miss The Truth a lot. It was that one final ingredient that really made AC feel so unique and special in AC2 and Brotherhood. They also had a good payoff in AC2 and Brotherhood, with a reward that you knew you were working towards the whole time. Desmond's Journey was not a replacement for me. I think if there had been 10 Desmond missions and each one had the same types of story details as The Truth, presented in an interesting way with historical art and photos, they would have been a good replacement. But I think I still enjoy the 2d nature of the puzzles and the variety that brings to the game. They can and should change up the types of puzzles you solve, but I'd like to see something similar return.

I still think AC3 is the perfect opportunity to explain many details of the First Civilization and their plan through whatever the next iteration of The Truth is. I would love to see the 20 glyphs from AC2 be something you find in the Animus or inside the Grand Temple, and every time you find one you get some type of puzzle experience that explains what that glyph has meant all along. Along with that would be artwork of the gods and ancient history that you would scan or analyze like past Truth puzzles, revealing the true story behind ancient myths and history. I think that would be a great way to present a lot of the answers to our questions in an optional way.

thekarlone
12-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I miss The Truth and glyphs too. But there's something equivalent in ACR: the Desmond Missions + the Abstergo files and videos.

Heartist_of_All
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Truth puzzles for life.

Reqiescat in pace.

E-Zekiel
12-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah I miss them too.

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Maybe if the two unknown gates near Desmond's 5 parts were Subject 16's rooms?

After all, at the start, he does mention that he had pieced his sanity back together by the time Desmond gets placed in the Black Room and the Animus Island, despite being "too late" to go back to his body considering it was "worm food".

Maybe if it was introduced with a SP DLC, we could get to go into "Clay/S16's Journey" with the two remaining gates, and give S16 some more character development, by briefly learning of his life, and discovering some more of the secrets he may have come across when he repaired his splintered subconsciousness just like Desmond had done.

It would be kind of surreal, and you could pack in the 2D puzzles as something you would need to solve to progress along, kind of how Desmond had to interact with the Blue Hands to unlock the next part.

It would be rather plausible too, considering that you could do it while you're playing through normally from the start, prompting a unique conversation with S16, or Rebecca could notice an "anomaly" in the system, and Desmond could volunteer to explore it and fix it from within.

Maybe we could unlock some unnoticed memories from Altair and Ezio's life? We could play through and learn first-hand of Altair's attempt to assassinate Ghengis Khan, and we could maybe have something surrounding Ezio's later travels with Sofia, or something during his time in Constantinople similar to the Da Vinci Disappearance. Hopefully with more Suleiman, Piri Reis and Yusuf.

It could be explained that they weren't necessary to Desmond's Sync Nexus, or unavailable considering Altair's memories became closed off after conceiving Sef with Maria. (Desmond comes from Sef's branch of the bloodline)