PDA

View Full Version : FH = arcade arena combat game.. really?

swiss_soldier_1
03-31-2018, 10:38 PM
anybody else ? no lore, no personality, faction war is just useless and badly made (no faction vs faction mode, no same-civilization combats, no bonus if you pick a hero of your own faction...really?), no real game modes (objectives in dominion are just there to fake a purpose when you fight in your arena) ...

they focus on animations and looks (weapons, executions, emotes - let's just forget about the memes) and they just don't care about the gameplay

this game honestly looks AWESOME. i mean, besides rainbows and neon-green armors. animations are smooth, graphis is a pleasure, executions are nice to look at.

but thats it!! the problem is this works! people play because they like what they see, even more now they are adding all this crap meme stuff, since apparently the player base is mostly pre-teens. but the gameplay is just..... meh. the combat system is fine. is game modes and all the rest i said before that is lacking.

that's why im saying this feels like an old arcade game where you are just thrown in an arena and fight, with 2018 additions like cool animations and kills etc.

give us siege, you freaking lazy developers. i dont give a damn about new stupid diamond armor or some shugoki-sitting-on-somebody execution. switch your focus! gameplay! faction war! maps!

this is probably dispersive but i just had to let this out. a great game ruined.

UbiInsulin
03-31-2018, 11:02 PM
Different teams are responsible for different aspects of the game (i.e. there is a fight team, an online team, an art team, etc.). More cosmetic content being made does not necessarily mean that bigger picture issues aren't being looked at. We've added Tribute and introduced temporary Event game modes. While these might not be exactly what you wanted to see, they have been pretty substantial gameplay additions.

I would also like to give a shout-out to Archo-Vax's incredible lore thread, if this is a topic that interests you: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1728217-Comprehensive-For-Honor-Lore-Timeline .

Illyrian_King
03-31-2018, 11:11 PM
Different teams are responsible for different aspects of the game (i.e. there is a fight team, an online team, an art team, etc.). More cosmetic content being made does not necessarily mean that bigger picture issues aren't being looked at. We've added Tribute and introduced temporary Event game modes. While these might not be exactly what you wanted to see, they have been pretty substantial gameplay additions.

I would also like to give a shout-out to Archo-Vax's incredible lore thread, if this is a topic that interests you: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1728217-Comprehensive-For-Honor-Lore-Timeline .

There are different teams of course, but this response in so terribly basic!

After more then 1 year we just got Tribute and just some slight slight slight variations of of Modes we already had!

If there was a "full team working hard behind it" just for Modes, then Ubi should consider replacing them with faster ones, because we got almost nothing!

Which means, that swiss_soldier_1 is totally right with his statement, that Ubi is putting 99% of it's ressources into meme magic for kids, instead of real content!

Of course you as an Admin are here to observe what happens in this Forum and it's all not you fault, but don't give us such a copy-paste-answer, because actually nothing that has been "pushed forward" to the dev team actually made it into the game.

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2018, 02:44 AM
(no faction vs faction mode, no same-civilization combats, no bonus if you pick a hero of your own faction...really?)

While I agree that being matchmade into teams mostly of your own faction would be good, why should people be punished for not limiting themselves to a third of the game's content? And before you try to slip the old it's not a punishment it is just a bonus to those that do argument people seem to like, it is still being restricted to a lower tier of rewards.

I get that some people like to play the game that way, that's their choice, but I take issue with any argument that my time with my valkyrie or nobushi should be worth less either to me in terms of xp and steel or my faction in terms of assets than my time with my knight heroes. Putting the same amount of time into the game as anyone else should net the same rewards whichever character I use. You play the game your way and all power to you for it but you should not get to define how I play.

Okita_Soji..
04-01-2018, 05:32 AM
I've said it before, picking who you want with mismatching factions should be in a free for all mode. All the other modes should be faction based. If this game was worth anything it should have been this way from the start. I understand people want to play who they want and that's fine but it should be a free for all type mode that has little to do with the farse of a faction War.

There should be strict faction modes like 4x4x4 where you pick a hero based on your faction. It could be 6's or 8's as now there are servers. We shouldn't be limiting our thinking by using the modes we have now as an example. Expand our minds perhaps rewatch any of the game trailers to see the potential of modes like this. Imagine as a knight fighting along side fellow knights winning for your faction. Sure teams will still be random but renown, troops and XP could all be tied to how you play for your faction. Getting unique or more rewards for doing so.

The modes as we have them now are free for all and are really just a solo experience. Sure you are on a team attacking or defending but you are just there for yourself. Comradery isn't implied this way.

Not like any of this matters as per the den stream they don't look at anything on the forums.

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2018, 07:10 AM
I've said it before, picking who you want with mismatching factions should be in a free for all mode. All the other modes should be faction based. If this game was worth anything it should have been this way from the start. I understand people want to play who they want and that's fine but it should be a free for all type mode that has little to do with the farse of a faction War.

There should be strict faction modes like 4x4x4 where you pick a hero based on your faction.

And this is precisely why the devs should not listen to the people who are clamouring for a faction lock. You are basically saying that you would cut off the bulk of the game to people who don't play by the very restrictive way you want to see it played.

Here is the thing, you can pretty much get most of what you want in the way the game is currently, go out there, find three people of your faction, all play heroes of your faction, job done and you haven't had to affect anyone else's gameplay to do it but the very last thing the devs should be doing is taking an anti choice stance and using parts of the game to restrict the choice of their player base.

This forum has a looking for group board, it's as easy as seeking x faction players in x timezone must play heroes in that faction. Going a little wider each faction has its own subreddit and discord channel. It is a little extra effort but you are the one who wants extra and you are the one asking the devs to do it for you at the expense of everyone else, it's on you to put in that effort to get what you want.

Devils-_-legacy
04-01-2018, 08:06 AM
It's not a bad idea to have one game mode variant where there's a fraction lock but not for every game mode

Okita_Soji..
04-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Open your minds. There should be more modes, but it won't ever happen, free for all, faction, siege, etc.. I'm not saying faction based is the only way to play. Have the other modes to play how you want. Why should I play as a samurai faction teamed with Viking factions and help them win? When we win the rewards are greater for his faction than mine due to player counts. So I am helping the Vikings win the faction War. So if I'm good and we win time and again I'm giving my teammates on different faction the war. If the faction War was worth anything it should be tied to faction based modes. If you want to play for your faction play there. If you want to play for yourself or a mix of friends play in the free mode.

Compare this to battleground, I don't want to play as a rebel but I have to. I don't want to play as a Droid either but I have to. When you play as the rebels or the empire they have a commander telling you what your fighting for and it sets the stage. Their heroes are also tied to the side your playing. I like the Empire and want to play as a Stormtrooper but I really like Luke from return but I can't use him when I'm fighting for the Empire. Very similar to how for honor should be. The game forces you to play how they want and it makes sense. You don't see a Stormtrooper, with some green paint, playing in the rebel side because you like that look more, you can't. They only have 1 mode and its fixed, with no issues.

They also have a mode we should have. Defend a point and if you fail fall back and hold the new point fail and fall back. If you hold it you win. That is our siege mode which I don't understand why it isn't done. Also that game has amazing graphics like ours but can play 20v20 and we can barely handle 4v4?

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Compare this to battleground, I don't want to play as a rebel but I have to. I don't want to play as a Droid either but I have to. When you play as the rebels or the empire they have a commander telling you what your fighting for and it sets the stage. Their heroes are also tied to the side your playing. I like the Empire and want to play as a Stormtrooper but I really like Luke from return but I can't use him when I'm fighting for the Empire. Very similar to how for honor should be. The game forces you to play how they want and it makes sense. You don't see a Stormtrooper, with some green paint, playing in the rebel side because you like that look more, you can't. They only have 1 mode and its fixed, with no issues.

And that is precisely why I am playing For Honor and not Battleground, because I don't have to rely on luck to get the hero I want to get, if I want to roll as one hero for another that is what I am able to do. Given the amount of flack EA got for defending their hero unlock process, that game isn't really a great example to throw out there in any case.

Yes other game modes would be a good thing, but again, why should the majority of players who play whoever they feel like at the time be forced into playing by the more restrictive rules of the minority? And yes it is a minority going by how many samurai rep 10 wardens or viking rep 8 shinobi or knight rep 9 warlords I see in 4v4. Players should not be restricted to a third of the hero pool to enjoy 100% of the content. If you want to be on all (your faction) groups, again, go to the effort to find three players in your faction to group up with, the game allows you to do that currently without restricting the gameplay of other players.

Okita_Soji..
04-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Candle I know you are big here doing the recaps and kind of have to support the game but there are things that other games do that would make this game better that Ubi will never do. EA is a great example with what they did with battlefront. When released it was a mess, EA changed the game entirely for the better. They have modes and a multiplayer we could only dream of.

Back to for honor, Ubi decided to make a top faction based board game tied to performance with different types of rewards. The game is marketed as choose your faction, fight for your faction...I shouldn't have to link with friends to play the game as it was meant to be played. Now the flaws in the game are numerous like picking your faction is meaningless, besides emblem shape. My performance in a game not only helps my faction but my enemies as well and since I'm on the side with the largest player base I am rewarded less than the other two. So what we get is a play who you want solo team experience as it all means nothing cause you just playing for yourself.

Ubi has limited things more than a faction based mode with the modes they have offered. Just a 4v4 dominion and a capture the flag, no siege no massive battles like any of the trailers. Poor decisions all around led to the game not being able to handle even the 4v4 modes they released. No 4v4v4 no 1v1v1, how was this never a thing? Now they say nothing more is planned, no new modes, feats not an issue, no new heroes, reworks will take a year, no clue how to fix ganks. Sure I can play who I want but it is meaningless so let's be happy with where the game is.

CandleInTheDark
04-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Candle I know you are big here doing the recaps and kind of have to support the game but there are things that other games do that would make this game better that Ubi will never do. EA is a great example with what they did with battlefront. When released it was a mess, EA changed the game entirely for the better. They have modes and a multiplayer we could only dream of.

Back to for honor, Ubi decided to make a top faction based board game tied to performance with different types of rewards. The game is marketed as choose your faction, fight for your faction...I shouldn't have to link with friends to play the game as it was meant to be played. Now the flaws in the game are numerous like picking your faction is meaningless, besides emblem shape. My performance in a game not only helps my faction but my enemies as well and since I'm on the side with the largest player base I am rewarded less than the other two. So what we get is a play who you want solo team experience as it all means nothing cause you just playing for yourself.

Ubi has limited things more than a faction based mode with the modes they have offered. Just a 4v4 dominion and a capture the flag, no siege no massive battles like any of the trailers. Poor decisions all around led to the game not being able to handle even the 4v4 modes they released. No 4v4v4 no 1v1v1, how was this never a thing? Now they say nothing more is planned, no new modes, feats not an issue, no new heroes, reworks will take a year, no clue how to fix ganks. Sure I can play who I want but it is meaningless so let's be happy with where the game is.

Firstly I neither trade on any favour for doing the recaps or participating in this community (and I find the implication insulting) nor am I obliged to toe any kind of company line or not criticise them. When I have seen something that I believe is wrong, I have spoken up on it, so to be saying that 'I kind of have to support the game' is wrong on a lot of levels. The one consideration that I give to the fact that I am visible on this forum is that I try to be reasonable in my debate and not go straight to personal insults, basically try to be an example of a good community member..

Again, Battleground is not something that is going to do you any favours as a comparison. I don't know what has changed since but when people dared to protest that they had an unreasonable grind on their heroes, they got some poor rep to give the company line on how they feel it adds to the enjoyment and achievement. That post on reddit was the most downvoted post in reddit history, so anything they have done to change it they have done after a trainwreck of a public relations crisis. Certainly last I knew of it the game was considered pay to win with the loot boxes, in For Honor, steel mostly gets you cosmetics and the only thing you can perhaps say is some executions are quicker than others. What I know for certain is that you have already told us one thing that For Honor should never do, you have to not only play the faction you don't want to but a character you don't want to, no thank you.

The devs have always been very up front in that they do not wish to restrict player choice and as I said, every single character is a different gameplay experience, the warlord is different to the conqueror, the warden is different to the kensei, one of the things that For Honor does right is that everyone has equal choice and that is not something that they should turn away from. Yes some kind of 4v4v4 or 1v1v1 would be a welcome thing, yes being grouped with more people from your faction in team games would be a good thing but players should not have two thirds of the heroes locked away from them to enjoy that. If you think that is a good model, well go play your rebellion droids when they pop up despite the fact you don't particularly want to, I'll be here playing my peacekeeper or my nobushi when I feel like one or the other, to me that sounds like a far better game experience.

Personally I have 59 rep points and 39 of them are in heroes in my faction, I intend to get all of those to rep 7, but there should be nothing stopping me from getting the other heroes to rep 7 either, whether that something is a game mode I cannot play, not being able to participate in faction war which I do as part of a discord group or being locked into a lower tier of rewards. You say you should not have to group up, the thing is it is you that is trying to hinder the gameplay of most other players in the game, you want something in grouping with only heroes in your faction that the game can give you but takes a little more effort, it is on you to make that effort.

Okita_Soji..
04-01-2018, 07:44 PM
You don't play battlefront so I see you don't get the comparison. EA did something that is almost unheard of. Sure it was pay to win and unlocking heroes was terrible. The reworked the entire loot system and changed the game entirely. It is no longer pay to win and now has proper progression. The game has only been out for a short while and they saw the negative feedback and changed the game. Here we waiting a year for servers still no lag comp, still unbalanced, etc...they could learn a lot from seeing what others have done.

I'm rep 50 something as well and fought thru the constant disconnects and unbalanced gameplay to get there. We all want the game to get better and by no means am I saying you shouldn't rep who you want. There should just be modes where it matters more. Heck duels get way less xp than 4's doesn't mean you shouldn't play them. Like I said have a free for all mode that gives something and have faction based modes that have a greater impact on the faction war. Anyone could play what ever one the want. Your using a hero from the same faction play in the faction mode to get greater rewards, switch to another hero and go to another mode. It could be the player base is so small that there isn't enough players to play different modes. Everyone left skirmish and now play dominion in that same way.

Seeing the latest den how could anyone have a positive outlook on the future of this game? All our talk is pointless as there is nothing that will change anything. They seem to willing to let the game die....whether you, I or anyone has and good ideas on how to improve the game it will go in deaf ears. It sucks being so negative as this was my favorite game. I'm not the only one, look at the names on the forum who have dropped it. Season 5 has been a big let down for so many of us. When it should have been the turn around it needs.

Vakris_One
04-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Open your minds. There should be more modes, but it won't ever happen, free for all, faction, siege, etc.. I'm not saying faction based is the only way to play. Have the other modes to play how you want. Why should I play as a samurai faction teamed with Viking factions and help them win? When we win the rewards are greater for his faction than mine due to player counts. So I am helping the Vikings win the faction War. So if I'm good and we win time and again I'm giving my teammates on different faction the war. If the faction War was worth anything it should be tied to faction based modes. If you want to play for your faction play there. If you want to play for yourself or a mix of friends play in the free mode.

They also have a mode we should have. Defend a point and if you fail fall back and hold the new point fail and fall back. If you hold it you win. That is our siege mode which I don't understand why it isn't done. Also that game has amazing graphics like ours but can play 20v20 and we can barely handle 4v4?
Except that Battlefront is a first person shooter where you play exactly the same way with any of the classes and heroes just with minor differences in the abilities and weapons they can use. You can't really compare shooting/smacking everything that moves while occasionally wearing a different looking skin with For Honor's roster of 18 unique heroes who all have different moves, combos and unique playstyles. You'd be better off comparing it to Overwatch where each hero handles differently and has different roles and playstyles associated with them. Battlefront is a generic shooter where different looking characters are purely for aesthetic and immersion reasons with nothing deeper in terms of the mechanics unlike games like Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor's heroes.

Roseguard_Cpt
04-02-2018, 02:02 AM
For Honor was advertised as pick and fight for a faction, yes, but this should not limit player choice. I'm overall 74 reps in, 23 are on my main the Nobushi, 9 are on my second, the Conqueror. I play for the Knights and so if the game was to be faction locked I could not play my MAIN CHARACTER. One might think, "Then just go Samurai", the issue with this is that Nobushi gets boring quick, which is why she's only rep 23 and I've been playing since beta. The issue now arises that I CANNOT play my second, or third (Warden) under this system.

Another glaring issue is that it splits the game's small and fairly unified community. Knights would have to play with Knights so I would have to tell my friends who play Viking and Samurai "Go Knight or GTFO", because we can't be allowed to play together. As was suggested by Candle there is a LFG section and one can say "Only Knight players who play knights pls". People can put out those LFGs all they want, but I for one don't care (much) about the faction war and would rather play with my buds regardless of faction

Kelson27
04-02-2018, 02:24 AM
Ummm. Limit player choice and make matchmaking an absolute nightmare?? No thanks.

Besides, havenít you guys played through the campaign? Itís fine as is, both from a player freedom and lore friendly approach.

More modes would be great, as with any game on the planet. Limits and restrictions on the other hand sound like the fun police are here. By all means limit yourselves if thatís youíre objective, I definitely donít want to be facing mostly knights as opponents all the time or locked into a certain group of characters.

Okita_Soji..
04-02-2018, 04:17 AM
Limits are only there because Ubi has put that mind set in all of us. We have been playing this way since the start and people don't like change. If the game was released a different way we all would think differently. Think about feats and gear scores not everyone likes them, there are modes where you don't use them and they are not in everything. Same with a faction mode, you could still use whoever in other modes but a faction mode. It is as if everyone stops reading at a mode tied to factions. There still would be free for all mode to play mixed with friends or randoms like we have now and a faction mode which should have a greater impact on the faction war, more of a 4v4v4. Factions are not locked either they can be changed.

This game had a lot of potential but Ubi limited everything with many poor choices from p2p that can't handle 4v4's to the basics of customization. The game was to be a COD with swords and all we got for a battle was 4v4 dominion. Almost a year in we got 4v4 tribute, i.e. capture the flag. Sure maybe battlefront isn't a great example to compare but look how EA changed the game after release and look at their multiplayer it is leaps and bounds ahead of this game. They have different game modes and run 20v20 with no issues and graphics that are top notch. Ubi limited everything and didn't give us the game that we saw in all the trailers. Now the player base is small, we all know why, that expanding the game can't be done. If matchmaking now is a problem for people in 4's how could this game grow to 8's, 10's, or even 20's in any mode. How would siege work with 4v4, that's way too small. Imagine waiting for 20 people to join a game. With what they said on the den it doesn't appear that this game will be growing just slowly declining until they shut down the servers.

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2018, 05:08 AM
Limits are only there because Ubi has put that mind set in all of us. We have been playing this way since the start and people don't like change. If the game was released a different way we all would think differently. Think about feats and gear scores not everyone likes them, there are modes where you don't use them and they are not in everything. Same with a faction mode, you could still use whoever in other modes but a faction mode. It is as if everyone stops reading at a mode tied to factions. There still would be free for all mode to play mixed with friends or randoms like we have now and a faction mode which should have a greater impact on the faction war, more of a 4v4v4.

I've addressed this exact argument more than once in this thread, you are the one who is either not reading when it doesn't agree with you or you are arguing in bad faith.

You are advocating blocking off part of the game, the bit that in your scenario would have the most to do with faction war, away from people who don't play the game the way you want to see it played. Not everyone who wants to have an impact on the faction war wants to play with characters only in their faction and people should not have to choose between 'do I want my faction to do well' and 'do I want to play the character I want to play'. I have been collabing with a discord group since the offseason between two and three, I have put assets upon assets into group targets and have done as much as I can for my faction but you would basically cut me off any time I am not playing a knight.

That is BS, that is artificially limiting choice. Again, what you want is to roll in a group of your faction only playing heroes in your faction, but instead of going to that little extra effort to play how you want to play in the way which the game currently allows, you want to get the devs to force people to play that way for you. Looking for groups, reddit and discord, there are plenty of people in your faction in all of these and I would bet some play that way, group up with them. if you want those limits fine, you do you, but you are trying to decide how everyone else plays and that is not something you have any right to.

There is a saying that everyone has the right to swing their fist, that right ends at the point of someone else's nose. You have every right to enjoy the game the way you want to enjoy it, and the game allows that option for you, that right ends at the point you start calling for others not to have that same right.

swiss_soldier_1
04-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Yes other game modes would be a good thing, but again, why should the majority of players who play whoever they feel like at the time be forced into playing by the more restrictive rules of the minority? And yes it is a minority going by how many samurai rep 10 wardens or viking rep 8 shinobi or knight rep 9 warlords I see in 4v4. Players should not be restricted to a third of the hero pool to enjoy 100% of the content. If you want to be on all (your faction) groups, again, go to the effort to find three players in your faction to group up with, the game allows you to do that currently without restricting the gameplay of other players.

this is just so wrong. i am a knight, i have something like 63 reputations,and they are spread like 40% with the knights, 45% with the vikings and 15% with the samurais. this because my main is warden but i enjoy the viking heroes the most.

now that is clear that i don't want to "restrict myself to 1/3 of the content", all im saying is that it would be so much better to just have an army of vikings with actual viking heroes fighting for them (the players' faction can be whatever, just add a symbolic bonus if they are viking too), and not seeing a shugoki rushing through the minions after they screamed "valhalla".

the lock would be just on the maps and if you are attacker or defender, so one game you might play samurais, another vikings, etc. people would also be incouraged to play more heroes.

this honestly shouldnt even be up to discussion. should have been in the game since the beginning. the devs just needed some courage and do what is right, not what is easy.
how can a game advertised as a three-faction war and everything not have a simple feature like this? i already said this in multiple posts, but this game just lacks anything that makes you feel INTO the game and the war. you just go, fight, play. just look at the title of this thread.... then fine, if what you want is indeed an arcade game that's what you got and that's why you are happy with it. i just think devs and some players would have wanted to go some further from that

then fine, faction lock would restrict the possibilities you can ecounter in the game. like, no valkyrie and peacekeeper could attack you together. but then again, they could just do this for dominion. or this "siege" mode that we will NEVER have, and let smirkish and brawl and whatever else like it is.

EDIT:
this would not solve the problem that you are maybe in a team with 3 players from different factions, but at least you could SEE this faction war happening. BATTLES that actually make sense.

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2018, 04:10 PM
this is just so wrong. i am a knight, i have something like 63 reputations,and they are spread like 40% with the knights, 45% with the vikings and 15% with the samurais. this because my main is warden but i enjoy the viking heroes the most.

now that is clear that i don't want to "restrict myself to 1/3 of the content", all im saying is that it would be so much better to just have an army of vikings with actual viking heroes fighting for them (the players' faction can be whatever, just add a symbolic bonus if they are viking too), and not seeing a shugoki rushing through the minions after they screamed "valhalla".

the lock would be just on the maps and if you are attacker or defender, so one game you might play samurais, another vikings, etc. people would also be incouraged to play more heroes.

this honestly shouldnt even be up to discussion. should have been in the game since the beginning. the devs just needed some courage and do what is right, not what is easy.
how can a game advertised as a three-faction war and everything not have a simple feature like this? i already said this in multiple posts, but this game just lacks anything that makes you feel INTO the game and the war. you just go, fight, play. just look at the title of this thread.... then fine, if what you want is indeed an arcade game that's what you got and that's why you are happy with it. i just think devs and some players would have wanted to go some further from that

then fine, faction lock would restrict the possibilities you can ecounter in the game. like, no valkyrie and peacekeeper could attack you together. but then again, they could just do this for dominion. or this "siege" mode that we will NEVER have, and let smirkish and brawl and whatever else like it is.

EDIT:
this would not solve the problem that you are maybe in a team with 3 players from different factions, but at least you could SEE this faction war happening. BATTLES that actually make sense.

So like with the Battleground example above (I don't want to play rebellion or droid but I have to and somehow that is ok was the crux of the argument) basically the Battlefield route where you don't even get to pick which faction you are and no matter how much you don't want to play a country that mistreated your family in that war if the other one has more players you have to. been there, didn't like it. And again we are at the point where we restrict choice to the player, only this time, unlike a first person shooter where you have the same core game play whatever uniform your character has, each character plays differently.

And the thing is it again severely hampers some players, either they are not able to play the game mode or those who don't play some characters are forced to, same argument as being locked into your own faction applies, you are artificially restricting player choice and stopping players from playing the character they want to and this should not happen in any mode in a game where every character plays differently.

swiss_soldier_1
04-02-2018, 05:42 PM
That's why I said the devs needed that bit of courage. Because it clearly has its cons. But the pros make up for it.

That's the problem with today games. They make everything so that the poor little players are safe and comfortable. "My" idea (just common sense present in every game) might sometimes put players in difficult positions, like having to play for a faction in which you don't master any hero. So what? Just try them all and you'll find one that suits you. If not, just play it differently. Play more with the team. Do more strategy. Invent something! I don't like any samurai hero that much but it's not like I cannot play with them. Worst case scenario I'll get to know the hero a bit better so next time I have to face it I'll be more aware. Or you'll appreciate more using your main the next match. Or you'll actually find out that you are good with some new hero. On the other hand you'd be fighting with same-faction heroes, against same-faction heroes, making you feel part of something.

And i guarantee you that, even if most people do not realize it, that's what is most lacking in this game. You are NOTHING. You don't fight for anyone beside yourself, there is no war, no battle, no nothing. Faction lock would be a good step forward in this direction (and you could always play your mix things in deathmatch or whatever else).

And think about new players that don't know any hero. They have to try them all anyways.

I feel weird talking about this. It's just common sense. It should be like this, and it's abundantly clear. That's how the game was designed and advertised, but not what we got. There must be some reasons if they are struggling to gain and keep player, am i wrong? I am pretty sure this kind of things contribute to it.

Roseguard_Cpt
04-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately, however, people like me under the system purposed don't get to "appreciate using your main more next match" because I'm not allowed to play as my main. I play for the Knights, I main Nobushi.
This system proposed doesn't have very many pros

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2018, 05:59 PM
And think about new players that don't know any hero. They have to try them all anyways.

So your answer is that rather than find one hero they like they have to find three :rolleyes:

Look, honestly, I have characters in all the factions, but if I am working on levelling a particular character, I am levelling that character, if you want to 'feel part of something', again, as said above, get a bunch of friends, all play the same faction, roleplay however you need to the fact that people do it a different way.

What this game does very well is leave an equal choice open to all players and in no way should that change for the minority who want to force a different way of playing on the majority.

TheTool85
04-02-2018, 06:06 PM
And i guarantee you that, even if most people do not realize it, that's what is most lacking in this game. You are NOTHING. You don't fight for anyone beside yourself, there is no war, no battle, no nothing. Faction lock would be a good step forward in this direction (and you could always play your mix things in deathmatch or whatever else).

I totally agree with this!

And yes i do understand those who think players choice would be limited in a unhealthy way if faction lock was introduced.
But what if this 'real' faction war was a perma mode parallel to the modes we already have?
With more war assets to gain as in the normal modes for example.

Dry.Fish
04-02-2018, 06:14 PM
I think a faction lock would cause a lot of people to switch sides so they could play their main. It would also hurt the faction war if there wasn't a warning in the offseason or if it was implemented in the middle of a season.

swiss_soldier_1
04-02-2018, 06:22 PM
DryFish and Roseguard, you probably didn't understand that faction-lock as I intend it would not limit you to play your faction's heroes.

It would be map-based. Every map has 2 factions fighting each other (in case you didn't notice), faction-lock should be implemented so that in that map, for that side, you can only pick heroes from that faction.

Next game, next map, you'll get to play some other faction. This must be clear.

Candleinthedark, you keep saying "group and roleplay" but no thanks. I paid money to have exactly that. A multiplayer experience where I am a warrior in a faction war, where the 3 factions hate each other. Not where they adopt each others heroes. I paid for that and I am not the one that should "roleplay" it. Be intellectually honest.

And yes, my answer is that they'll need to find 3 heroes. This gives more to the game, that's just good. What about all the rest of my answer? :)

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2018, 06:23 PM
I totally agree with this!

And yes i do understand those who think players choice would be limited in a unhealthy way if faction lock was introduced.
But what if this 'real' faction war was a perma mode parallel to the modes we already have?
With more war assets to gain as in the normal modes for example.

First problem with that is it splits the player base, the second I have gone into a number of times, not everyone who is invested in the faction war only plays characters in their faction. I have been part of a discord group for three seasons, I have poured assets into group targets and suddenly I would be told either I can't have as much an effect on the faction war or I can't play the character I want.

Most of my reps are in my own faction, what I want though is to get every character to rep 7 because I don't see any reason to limit myself to a third of the game experience, so basically the way some people want to see it played, I wouldn't be able to do that and fully contribute to the faction war.

Candleinthedark, you keep saying "group and roleplay" but no thanks. I paid money to have exactly that. A multiplayer experience where I am a warrior in a faction war, where the 3 factions hate each other. Not where they adopt each others heroes. I paid for that and I am not the one that should "roleplay" it. Be intellectually honest.

And I paid for a game with eighteen characters and am able to use all eighteen characters, if you want to play it in a more restrictive way that the game allows if you go to a little extra effort then it is on you to go to that effort.

swiss_soldier_1
04-02-2018, 06:30 PM
Right now you just sound like you are stupid to me. Still saying "restricting the game to 1/3" or "i payed for 18 characters". Where in all my posts you got the idea that you can only play certain heroes and not the others? Stop repeating useless stuff.

I said multiple times that it should be locked based on the maps, where you have two factions, and heroes should stick to those factions. One game you might play that faction, the next you might play that other. 33% chance. And you can vote too.

They could also introduce a "join" thing where you have a moment to join attackers or defenders (like in chivalry), so it's not like the solutions don't exist. You just fail to see them and keep crying "i dont want to restrict myself to 1/3 of the content". I UNDERSTOOD. Me neither.

EDIT:
YES this means that as a knight player you'll get to play matches where you are a viking hero with other viking heroes. But that's not a problem. The thing that needs fixing is firstly the fact that there is NO FACTION WAR HAPPENING IN THE GAMEPLAY.

TheTool85
04-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Most of my reps are in my own faction, what I want though is to get every character to rep 7 because I don't see any reason to limit myself to a third of the game experience, so basically the way some people want to see it played, I wouldn't be able to do that and fully contribute to the faction war.

Okay. But on the other hand i feel limited in the way i contribute to faction war whenever i play dominion as a viking with 3 samurai or knights and win, knowing i just helped them to put at least 3 times the war assets to the war than i do...

CandleInTheDark
04-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Right now you just sound like you are stupid to me. Still saying "restricting the game to 1/3" or "i payed for 18 characters". Where in all my posts you got the idea that you can only play certain heroes and not the others? Stop repeating useless stuff.

I said multiple times that it should be locked based on the maps, where you have two factions, and heroes should stick to those factions. One game you might play that faction, the next you might play that other. 33% chance. And you can vote too.

They could also introduce a "join" thing where you have a moment to join attackers or defenders (like in chivalry), so it's not like the solutions don't exist. You just fail to see them and keep crying "i dont want to restrict myself to 1/3 of the content". I UNDERSTOOD. Me neither.

EDIT:
YES this means that as a knight player you'll get to play matches where you are a viking hero with other viking heroes. But that's not a problem. The thing that needs fixing is firstly the fact that there is NO FACTION WAR HAPPENING IN THE GAMEPLAY.

Played a game like that, it's called Battlefield, thing there is though that all characters essentially play the same way, the different characters in For Honor play in different ways and it has a real gameplay impact.

And yes it is relevant that I paid for eighteen characters, because I should not in any way be restricted as to when I can use any particular six of them. The way the game is written, everyone has free choice, you also have a choice as does everyone else who wants to play it one way or the other, you don't get to define how other people play the game to suit your whims, especially not when there are easy alternatives in order to set your own team up that way..

Okay. But on the other hand i feel limited in the way i contribute to faction war whenever i play dominion as a viking with 3 samurai or knights and win, knowing i just helped them to put at least 3 times the war assets to the war than i do...

Never denied that matchmaking could be better in that regard and have said in this thread I believe that being matched with your own faction more would be a good thing, my argument is that if you're grouped with three other vikings they should not be made to play only vikings.

TheTool85
04-02-2018, 07:39 PM
Never denied that matchmaking could be better in that regard and have said in this thread I believe that being matched with your own faction more would be a good thing, my argument is that if you're grouped with three other vikings they should not be made to play only vikings.

No, they should not. At least not in each gamemode. I just find it interesting if there was a mode that locks you to your faction. Maybe just as an event.
This would be just to give the choice of your faction at least SOME meaning. Even if its just for the duration of an event.

swiss_soldier_1
04-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Played a game like that, it's called Battlefield, thing there is though that all characters essentially play the same way, the different characters in For Honor play in different ways and it has a real gameplay impact.

And yes it is relevant that I paid for eighteen characters, because I should not in any way be restricted as to when I can use any particular six of them. The way the game is written, everyone has free choice, you also have a choice as does everyone else who wants to play it one way or the other, you don't get to define how other people play the game to suit your whims, especially not when there are easy alternatives in order to set your own team up that way..

and here we go again to my first answer to you i think.

that's why i call this an "arcade arena fighting game". you complain that much about not contribuiting fairly to faction war if faction bonus were implemented, yet the fact that there is NO FACTION WAR going on in the matches we play doesn't bother you at all. you are free to think this way for sure, the thing im complaining about is that this is not what was shown and what this game was promising. im calling for game modes where we can witness stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1HkuGUaNBY

i don't see any samurai killing another samurai, any viking killing another viking, any knight killing another knight.

that's the game i wanted, the game that was advertised and the game that everybody expected. they decided against locking to the use of your own faction's heroes, which is great, but the maps are still set to a specific scenario that should be respected. the rest is void talk, the rest is wanting this game to remain this arcade fighting thing. i am asking (knowing full well that no one listens) some realism, some immersion, some faction war that my eyes can see.

EDIT:
for the fact that each character plays different, so what? variety is good, being able to play AT LEAST 3 heroes is not asking that much from a player. but as i already said, developers these days are scared to give the slightest discomfort to their players, so yeah....
games are supposed to be challenging.

Illyrian_King
04-02-2018, 11:15 PM

that's why i call this an "arcade arena fighting game". you complain that much about not contribuiting fairly to faction war if faction bonus were implemented, yet the fact that there is NO FACTION WAR going on in the matches we play doesn't bother you at all. you are free to think this way for sure, the thing im complaining about is that this is not what was shown and what this game was promising. im calling for game modes where we can witness stuff like this:

i don't see any samurai killing another samurai, any viking killing another viking, any knight killing another knight.

that's the game i wanted, the game that was advertised and the game that everybody expected. they decided against locking to the use of your own faction's heroes, which is great, but the maps are still set to a specific scenario that should be respected. the rest is void talk, the rest is wanting this game to remain this arcade fighting thing. i am asking (knowing full well that no one listens) some realism, some immersion, some faction war that my eyes can see.

EDIT:
for the fact that each character plays different, so what? variety is good, being able to play AT LEAST 3 heroes is not asking that much from a player. but as i already said, developers these days are scared to give the slightest discomfort to their players, so yeah....

Well it's also my opinion, that there is no faction war at all!

As long as i fight with a faction mixed team against members of my own faction against my factions minions there is no "faction" war

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2018, 01:35 AM

EDIT:

Depends how you interpret any trailer. This is not a story driven RPG like assassins creed or witcher, as such nothing shown is necessary indicative of actual in game play. They are showing us the factions, the characters and the fight system, while they don't show people of the same faction fighting each other, there is nothing that says they should not. When I saw a trailer, yeah I saw characters, but knowing this is a fighter, I expected nothing more than that the fighters would be there.

And yes I do think it is too much to ask an entirely new player to quickly pick up three characters, hey I can play at least 6 well enough I am happy to take them into ranked, but I have 900 hours in the game. Add in that some people only want to play one faction period and that is their choice, dictating the faction they play is unfair to them.

bmason1000
04-03-2018, 02:00 AM
Your idea would make sense if, like battlefront, faction differences were purely aesthetic. However, in FH, they are not. That is the only reason it works in battlefront and the reason it can not work in FH.

swiss_soldier_1
04-03-2018, 11:19 AM
That's the focal point of why we do not agree. I don't think it's that much to ask, you do. Just consider that any player, to become a good player, should anyway try all the heroes. And once they tried them all they might as well be good enough with 3 of them.

And in any case, I never said all game modes should be like this. They can fully use their main in skirmish or duel or tribute and get to learn to play, the fact that dominion would have a "harsher" setting shouldn't at all be a reason not to implement this. On the contrary, it might even feel like a developing point for the players: "now im good enough/i know enough heroes to play dominion".

I repeat myself: is the lack of this kind of things, and player/fan service that makes this game incredibly dull. Players, or better, people, need challenges! They also need to feel they are part of something. This game gets repetitive real quick, guess why? Because you are just running around swinging a sword without any meaning.

Devils-_-legacy
04-03-2018, 11:43 AM
(That's the focal point of why we do not agree. I don't think it's that much to ask, you do. Just consider that any player, to become a good player, should anyway try all the heroes. And once they tried them all they might as well be good enough with 3 of them.) May I ask how many heros you have leveled I would pissed off if when I first started this game I was completly fraction locked as it stands now I have half the cast to rep8 or more so i can be a bit versatile buy for a new player it's a bit harsh as I see someone of them struggling using there main lol just because he was **** there you go this is were you said about restricting a players choice of heros ( I said multiple times that it should be locked based on the maps, where you have two factions, and heroes should stick to those factions. )

swiss_soldier_1
04-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Again? Do you guys even read? COMPLETELY faction locked? Where did you read that? Do I really have to explain this once again? I think it would be the 4th time.

FACTION-LOCK ON DOMINION MAPS BASED ON THE MAP SCENARIO.

No existing lock regarding your own faction.

No lock in other game modes.

Is this so hard to understand? You can level your main wherevere else, anyway playing brawl or duel it's better to learn to play.

As for how many heroes I leveled you find the answer in the previous pages.

Col.Bullet
04-03-2018, 02:15 PM
It could be interesting to see new gamemodes with special modifiers regarding setting, characters and objectives. An overhauled faction war would go along with that nicely.

Col.Bullet
04-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Of course there would need to be an actual incentive for having a restricted choice of characters to play. Thus rewards would have to be adjusted to.

bmason1000
04-03-2018, 04:15 PM
And once they tried them all they might as well be good enough with 3 of them.

I repeat myself: is the lack of this kind of things, and player/fan service that makes this game incredibly dull. Players, or better, people, need challenges! They also need to feel they are part of something. This game gets repetitive real quick, guess why? Because you are just running around swinging a sword without any meaning.Why should players HAVE to be good with a member of each faction? Also I completely disagree with you that the game is "incredibly dull," that players require some kind of "fan service" or you telling us we "don't feel a part of something." I do feel part of something. I, personally, enjoy the faction war and have always been a fan of it.

I stick by my previous statement. If FH was like battlefront and you could choose your weapon and loadout and use it regardless of faction then yeah, it would be silly not to do it your way. I think the route they've chosen instead is a better idea, or at least I enjoy it more myself.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Again? Do you guys even read? COMPLETELY faction locked? Where did you read that? Do I really have to explain this once again? I think it would be the 4th time.

Is this so hard to understand? You can level your main wherevere else, anyway playing brawl or duel it's better to learn to play.

So basically you want the most popular game mode with the highest xp, steel and assets reward to have people not be able to level up the character they want to. That is unreasonable.

You want to feel part of something rolling with characters in the same faction, again, that is open to you with the game as it is, it just isn't and should never be forced on people who don't want to play that way.

swiss_soldier_1
04-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Yeah totally shouldn't, that's why every other game does it (and stop with this comparison with battlefield that you brought up, every other game that has faction always had faction-locks, guess why, becuase it should be this way).

And i guess also nothing else is wrong, that's why the game is a huge success.

Fine, my discussion end here. You just want to see things your way. I just hope if they will add siege that they will faction lock it.

Okita_Soji..
04-03-2018, 06:40 PM
I can't believe this is still going on...Ubi has limiting all our thinking to what can be done as we all are thinking about the models and modes in the game already. Lets go outside the box. How about a compromise as limiting choice is a big hold up. A small mode for example going 4v4v4 where it doesn't matter what faction you are a part of, you start matchmaking by selecting which faction you want to fight for. Say I want to use PK so I pick knights. The squads fill up 4 of each faction fighting together against the other 2. Which ever wins gets greater rewards for the faction chosen. Next game I want to use the raider so join the vikings., etc..

It's similar to the trailer and how the game was meant and it doesn't limit or lock choice. Other modes like dominion are still there. It could be an event to see how it goes like TYM which was very popular. There are obviously still things to work out like the matchmaking part but that is hit or miss as it is now.

It could be something new to bring back life into the game. TYM was something new as you fought against faction bosses. They could even bring in the bosses as your general. Fighting with Tozen as a samurai squad. Apollyon leading your group of knights with a speach before the battle. Who didn't like her voice as the announcer?

I don't know give that some thought....

UbiJurassic
04-03-2018, 07:43 PM
The notion of having a faction-locked mode has definitely been presented to us on a number of occasions and we've acknowledged the idea on stream once, agreeing that it would be cool to see in-game. However, a faction-lock of any sort is not something we'd look to pursue in our current gamemodes. It's perhaps something we could look into as an addition to the event playlist, but certainly not something we'd look to impose on players who just want to play the heroes they want to, regardless of faction.

EDG_Avocado
04-03-2018, 10:33 PM

EDIT:

so you want 64v64? Sadly our playerbase can't handle that

Baturai
04-03-2018, 10:40 PM
Imagine For Honor. Raid Dungeon Mode.... 16 players v.s 1 Raidboss or Moba style 4 v.s 4
Damn ... For Honor has a Huge Potential with its fighting style... ! just imagine.

ChampionRuby50g
04-04-2018, 01:54 AM

I decide to check the forums on my lunch break and see this, and I want to weigh in on it.

I have around 122-123 reps on my account, and I pretty much exclusively played Dominion as it was simply the most fun for me at the time, and as Candle said it gave us as players the most rewards. Not a single rep, maybe only one level, in all my 122 reps was placed on a Samurai hero. They where all on Vikings (my faction) and Knights. I simply donít like the Samurai Heros, how they look and play and if I got forced to play them in my favourite game mode, that would 100% turn me off the game for good.

I can level my heroes in brawl or duel, at the cost of it taking more than double the time. How can you possibly think thatís a fair compromise? Itís also not fair to force me to back out of a game because the team Iím on happens to be Samurai in that point in time.

I also find it funny and highly hypocritical of you to say to Candle ďyou just want things your wayĒ in a accusational tone, when thatís exactly what you want, but I guess itís only ok when things go your way.

swiss_soldier_1
04-04-2018, 10:43 AM
And tell me, with all those reps did you once feel like you were playing a faction war? I imagine the game didn't at all feel repetitive too. And that you cheer with hands in the air when you have to deploy troops.

It's fine that not all the game modes should be faction-locked. All you guys are saying is that if currently the dominion we have (which is the best mode to level up) would be faction locked, it would be unpracticle because there is no other viable xp solution.

Is that a problem of my idea or is that a problem of the game itself? If skirsmish or duel gave same xp/time all your concerns would be gone and we could also enjoy some faction-like modes. And if you want to keep dominion, just add another mode with faction-lock with or without bonuses (the idea that someone gave that you choose your faction before the matchmaking is good).

But no, let's just be outraged because some guy wants (and surely will succeed, seeing how we are listened) to lock your farm-mode.

What are vou even leveling up your characters for? Don't you want the game to get better? Do you think it's fine like this? Do you think it's even remotely similar to what was advertised? We are just thrown in some random battleground with random heroes with useless objectives and then you run and kill. Wow.

The solutions are there, plenty and of very different natures too, and all you are doing is justifying the devs for their lazyness and bad construction of a multiplayer.

Devils-_-legacy
04-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Imo fraction wars has been pointless from the start i think the one time my fraction(samurai) won we got a ornament that only really suits the knight heros.
It would be better instead of changing dominon in this way because it will screw over some people even if you don't see that why not have its own variation of a game mode like realistic dominon because I like your idea just not to completly change dominon as it's my favourite game mode since s1 and Ivery always used a different fraction depending on the archetype I've selected and the reason I use so many different ones is I've played 2.4k pvp games of dominon it gets really boring sticking to one hero
(Vanguard) samuari
(Heavy) knight
(Assassin) vikings
(Hybrid) vikings/samuari

bmason1000
04-05-2018, 08:46 AM
And tell me, with all those reps did you once feel like you were playing a faction war? I imagine the game didn't at all feel repetitive too. And that you cheer with hands in the air when you have to deploy troops

It's fine that not all the game modes should be faction-locked. All you guys are saying is that if currently the dominion we have (which is the best mode to level up) would be faction locked, it would be unpracticle because there is no other viable xp solution.

Is that a problem of my idea or is that a problem of the game itself? If skirsmish or duel gave same xp/time all your concerns would be gone and we could also enjoy some faction-like modes. And if you want to keep dominion, just add another mode with faction-lock with or without bonuses (the idea that someone gave that you choose your faction before the matchmaking is good).

But no, let's just be outraged because some guy wants (and surely will succeed, seeing how we are listened) to lock your farm-mode.

What are vou even leveling up your characters for? Don't you want the game to get better? Do you think it's fine like this? Do you think it's even remotely similar to what was advertised? We are just thrown in some random battleground with random heroes with useless objectives and then you run and kill. Wow.

The solutions are there, plenty and of very different natures too, and all you are doing is justifying the devs for their lazyness and bad construction of a multiplayer.
I enjoy the faction war, I enjoy the troop deployments, the game has never once felt repetitive to me, I do think the game is fine like this, I leveled my character to 50 and continuing playing them because that's who I enjoy playing, "random heroes with useless objectives and then you run and kill" is 100% what I felt was advertised (I actually think it's deeper than what was advertised, I never saw objectives of any kind in the videos I watched), I would also disagree that the devs are lazy and that multiplayer is poorly constructed. I wouldn't say I'm "outraged" but I do take issue with your suggesting "solutions" to a problem many of us feel does not exist while in fact creating a problem instead.

Tirik22x
04-05-2018, 10:55 AM
The notion of having a faction-locked mode has definitely been presented to us on a number of occasions and we've acknowledged the idea on stream once, agreeing that it would be cool to see in-game. However, a faction-lock of any sort is not something we'd look to pursue in our current gamemodes. It's perhaps something we could look into as an addition to the event playlist, but certainly not something we'd look to impose on players who just want to play the heroes they want to, regardless of faction.

Why? You could simply offer it as an additional choice. Like ďPlayer v Player, Player v AI, Faction v Faction v FactionĒ

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2018, 10:59 AM
Why? You could simply offer it as an additional choice. Like “Player v Player, Player v AI, Faction v Faction v Faction”

Maybe if numbers pick up now servers are in and more have stable connection and so long as rewards are the same, but do you really think that the current numbers could handle it? On PC at least I am not so sure. I also don't see it holding many, as I said a good few pages ago, the number of samurai emblems on knight characters etc I have seen far outweigh people sticking to faction.

ChampionRuby50g
04-05-2018, 11:15 AM
And tell me, with all those reps did you once feel like you were playing a faction war? I imagine the game didn't at all feel repetitive too. And that you cheer with hands in the air when you have to deploy troops.

The game didnít feel repetitive to me, every match ended differently and played out differently, due to different hero combos, different players and different situations. It did feel like I was playing a faction war, because I did as others have already said and found 3 other Vikings and we all played Viking heroes. The only bad thing about deploying troops for me was how long it took to do, which is why I welcomed the troop banner. So I guess I did throw my hands in the air with joy when I didnít waste up to 20 seconds loading the menus and deploying.

At this stage, I donít think dominion should be changed even if the other modes had increased XP boost/gains. If we are going to get a true faction game mode, it would have to be new. That would draw more players in than Dominion been revamped.

I leveled up my heroes because I wanted them to look the best. I wanted all the end-game, high end customisation options (even though they are lack-luster for Rep 30/40/50.) I do want this game to get better, but Iíve lost a lot of hope right now, due to the developers recent actions. (See my most recently created thread if you want to see why exactly, and you would then also realise Iím not justifying the devs for anything.)

Tirik22x
04-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Maybe if numbers pick up now servers are in and more have stable connection and so long as rewards are the same, but do you really think that the current numbers could handle it? On PC at least I am not so sure. I also don't see it holding many, as I said a good few pages ago, the number of samurai emblems on knight characters etc I have seen far outweigh people sticking to faction.

I think itíd be ok on Xbox, honestly. I find games literally instantly.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2018, 11:40 AM
I think it’d be ok on Xbox, honestly. I find games literally instantly.

Takes me a little longer but I should point out that I work night shifts, I am a good way out of kilter with my region unless I am on leave and have a week off so I have to wait until region loosens a little (which given that happens after rank, skill etc). I do agree that the consoles could handle another mode better than PC.

Alustar.exe
04-05-2018, 01:01 PM
I can't believe this is still going on...Ubi has limiting all our thinking to what can be done as we all are thinking about the models and modes in the game already. Lets go outside the box. How about a compromise as limiting choice is a big hold up. A small mode for example going 4v4v4 where it doesn't matter what faction you are a part of, you start matchmaking by selecting which faction you want to fight for. Say I want to use PK so I pick knights. The squads fill up 4 of each faction fighting together against the other 2. Which ever wins gets greater rewards for the faction chosen. Next game I want to use the raider so join the vikings., etc..

It's similar to the trailer and how the game was meant and it doesn't limit or lock choice. Other modes like dominion are still there. It could be an event to see how it goes like TYM which was very popular. There are obviously still things to work out like the matchmaking part but that is hit or miss as it is now.

It could be something new to bring back life into the game. TYM was something new as you fought against faction bosses. They could even bring in the bosses as your general. Fighting with Tozen as a samurai squad. Apollyon leading your group of knights with a speach before the battle. Who didn't like her voice as the announcer?

I don't know give that some thought....

Why has damn near every post you put up read like something I've read on a conspiracy theorist blog. :/

Okita_Soji..
04-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Not sure what you meant by your comment. Do you not like the my example of a 4v4v4? Or is it how I blame Ubi for the limited multiplayer in this game?

swiss_soldier_1
04-05-2018, 04:19 PM
"the game is fine"

wow

i had to read it twice.

even chivalry medieval warfare, which looked more like a beta than an actual game, had a multiplayer with more depth

im happy for you, if this "dominion" we have it's enough for you

Vakris_One
04-05-2018, 04:25 PM
^ Sounds much better without needless condescension. Just some friendly advice.

ChampionRuby50g
04-05-2018, 09:25 PM
"the game is fine"

wow

i had to read it twice.

even chivalry medieval warfare, which looked more like a beta than an actual game, had a multiplayer with more depth

Quote exactly where I said the game is fine. You misinterpret everything I said and then twist it in your mind to somehow fit what you are thinking. Thereís no point in debating with someone like you.