PDA

View Full Version : Orochi and PK thoughts

D3dicatedSrv3rz
03-29-2018, 05:49 PM
soooo when are these assassins getting a plethora of soft feints and an unblock-able mix-ups like the rest of the assassins youve introduced and altered. Soft feints were never the really the realm of assassins in the first iterations of the game. Yes PK has 2 (heavy >>> gb and heavy >>> bleed) but seeing as how the bleed is applied in the same direction as the heavy making it very likely to be blocked and the heavy >>> gb only being able to be used on a lone heavy they're very predictable. PK is is still acclaimed as The light spammer (although that aramusha tho) but its been a year and you still havent given given us an alternative to open with

Anomynion
03-29-2018, 11:45 PM
Wait... did this guy just ask to buff PK?

*faints*

Jokes aside, I personally think that more unblockables and soft feints are the opposite of what the game needs right now. PK needs tweaking, and a bit of a nerf, if anything, while Orochi needs a rework or a buff to either definitively characterize him as a counter-attacker or change him into the aggressive archetype that people seem to think he is, all of which can probably be accomplished without adding to the aforementioned plethora of soft feints and unblockables.

Howard_T_J
03-30-2018, 01:24 AM
Wait... did this guy just ask to buff PK?

*faints*

Jokes aside, I personally think that more unblockables and soft feints are the opposite of what the game needs right now. PK needs tweaking, and a bit of a nerf, if anything, while Orochi needs a rework or a buff to either definitively characterize him as a counter-attacker or change him into the aggressive archetype that people seem to think he is, all of which can probably be accomplished without adding to the aforementioned plethora of soft feints and unblockables.

You know what. They need to not rework him. I'm probably be thoroughly disappointed. I play him very aggressively and I like the fact that with the aggressive play I can bait people into getting parried or deflected. I think he needs to be able to dodge better instead of stagger about and rely on parry. His counter feint game is killer with riptide strike. He just needs something small and unique. Nothing major.

Archaelion
03-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Orochi is said to be getting reworks/buffs soon.

EvoX.
03-30-2018, 07:01 PM
Orochi is said to be getting reworks/buffs soon.

This hasn't been stated anywhere, let alone getting them soon.

HazelrahFirefly
03-30-2018, 07:50 PM
Orochi just needs three things:

1) Guaranteed deflects, as in hyper armor on the light and an inability to be dodged on the heavy

2) Direction selection on Storm Rush, similar to the Shaman

3) In general, unblockables need to become deflectable (yes, for all the heroes)

UbiJurassic
03-30-2018, 08:51 PM
soooo when are these assassins getting a plethora of soft feints and an unblock-able mix-ups like the rest of the assassins youve introduced and altered. Soft feints were never the really the realm of assassins in the first iterations of the game. Yes PK has 2 (heavy >>> gb and heavy >>> bleed) but seeing as how the bleed is applied in the same direction as the heavy making it very likely to be blocked and the heavy >>> gb only being able to be used on a lone heavy they're very predictable. PK is is still acclaimed as The light spammer (although that aramusha tho) but its been a year and you still havent given given us an alternative to open with

We're still looking at bringing with reworks or major balance updates to the original 12 heroes, which would include PK and Orochi. Whether that will include the wishlist of changes you listed remains to be seen or discussed. As soon as we have more information on who the next line of reworks will be for, what those changes will be and when they'll be coming, we'll let players know.

Mighty_Mackerel
03-30-2018, 11:20 PM
If you're having trouble opening with an assassin character then you're doing something wrong my dude...

Anomynion
03-31-2018, 02:59 AM
If you're having trouble opening with an assassin character then you're *clearly playing Orochi* my dude...Fixed that for ya!

You’ve obviously played a decent amount of Orochi, and that was just a momentary lapse of comprehension, amirite?

*cries in a corner over being an Orochi main*