PDA

View Full Version : Max graphics

jakenoble
07-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi

Whats the best way of getting Max Graphics on IL2, I have everything set to max, and I have manually changed the Res in the config file.

Are there any other tweaks. I saw some screen shots of the the "first build" and it looks amazing, is this level of detail obtainable?

Thanks

Jake

jakenoble
07-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi

Whats the best way of getting Max Graphics on IL2, I have everything set to max, and I have manually changed the Res in the config file.

Are there any other tweaks. I saw some screen shots of the the "first build" and it looks amazing, is this level of detail obtainable?

Thanks

Jake

NHawk52
07-28-2007, 10:07 AM
You might look at tweaking the settings of your graphics card as well. Here is a good place to start: http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/graphicsil2.htm

jakenoble
07-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I have looked at the guide previously.

I do not have any of the cards mentioned, I have a Radeon x1800.

This guide also seems disjointed and I do not really know if the guy is trying to improve grfx or improve performance.

Jake

Skycat_2
07-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Graphics and performance are not unrelated. You may max out the graphics to what your card will allow and then find that your frames are choppy, the computer locks up, etc. A few performance improving tips might help keep the game playable after you load up the eye candy.

jakenoble
07-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks

I know they are related, there is a trade off between one and the other.

My problem is, I think, I have maxed out all the graphics and I am getting 75+ FPS, so I want to max it out completely a at the moment I feel like I could be getting a better graphical experience from the game.

I have tried changing water =3 in the config file, this has done nothing. Is there some sort of a guide on the config file, so I an edit it and get the most out of this great Grfx engine.

Thanks

Jake

jakenoble
07-29-2007, 05:11 AM
Hi

I have noticed another problem, the draw distance is so low on ground targets that there is no way you can set up an attack correctly.

See screenshot, the trees and other static objects are drawn so close to my bomber that ground attacks are very hard.

http://www.jakenoblewebs.co.uk/il2.jpg

Jake