PDA

View Full Version : Close Encounters Mission Bug ***SPOILER***

tallman421
03-29-2018, 03:55 AM
I died to a fire by the turkeys guarding one of the orbs now they will not reappear and the orb cannot be found

Lord_Vyron_14
03-29-2018, 04:13 AM
I was killed and now it says I have two of them and the other two are no where to be seen.

AvJ.CarryMePls
03-29-2018, 02:32 PM
Died after killing dog with flamethrower (fore spread & killed me & my coop partner as well as the dog). Now the dog won't spawn anymore.

ubi--unicorn
03-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Hey guys! Can you try reloading from last check point and seeing if it helps? If it doesn't, please try clearing the cache on the Xbox by unplugging it for two minutes. If none of that helps, please provide me with video so I can report this issue. Thanks!

PuneetNayar
03-30-2018, 06:45 PM
Hi, please report his ASAP it is destroying my fun for this game. this is legit issue. i have fully Deleted and re-installed this game nothing worked. we have completed this mission on my friends system. but their is smthng if you die while completing this mission. This is on PS4/Pro also. please report. and make sure patch comes for people who have already started this mission. PLEASE THERE IS TROPHY FOR COMPLETING THIS MISSION AND I'M STUCK :(

PuneetNayar
03-31-2018, 09:22 AM
any update on this???

GuardianOZ
03-31-2018, 10:53 AM
We have played this mission 3 Times. 1 for each player. Player "GP" completed OK solo. Player GZ hosted and completed with GP OK. PK hosted a session with GP, GP collected "one" orb, PK collected 2, but both died by Fire and tare now stuck with 3/4 Collected. Quit Mission appears to do nothing. Selecting track for another mission and fast travel, spawns in new location with Close Encounters marked and the quest progress 3/4. Reset last check point is progress up to when they died leaving one orb missing.

Each orb appears to be a mission checkpoint. (for the host player) but the map appears to be "updated by both players" so when player "2" their progress is lost but the map is not fully reset (for the mission)

I think a RESET - Mission, not just a checkpoint is needed in some cases.

tallman421
03-31-2018, 02:48 PM
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqML7ruH0zQGhQte5b3BRTx4nRqA

IOJANAN
04-01-2018, 09:36 AM
hi i have the same problem i try all your option but still not working i cant found the 4 objet orbe

Assassin_35222
04-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Theres an orb in the top of the silo, did you check in there?
1. The turkeys have (crop circle)
2. The dog has (crop)
3. By the dead cows (crop)
4. Up in the Silo by some tech stuff

MSB_WILKY_MSB
04-01-2018, 02:26 PM
i'm having the same problem. with the close encounter mission it says i have 3 out of 4 while my friend. when't onto his single player mode and finished the mission. please try and find a. fix. also who ever decided to only reward 1 player in coop should be sacked it's probably the worst setup for a coop game i've ever played we basically have to do it all twice. just so no one feels like they are loosing out it should be patched so we both get mission rewards its a joke if we had none this we probably wouldn't have bought it.

IOJANAN
04-02-2018, 04:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxCCeSHQnrk&t=

Ubi-Baron
04-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Thank you for the reports.

There is a fix planned for this issue in an upcoming patch, for the moment we apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

pen_h3ad
04-04-2018, 05:46 AM
Hey guys! Can you try reloading from last check point and seeing if it helps? If it doesn't, please try clearing the cache on the Xbox by unplugging it for two minutes. If none of that helps, please provide me with video so I can report this issue. Thanks!

Hi, I am having a similar issue. I was doing this with a friend and I was successfully able to get the orb from the cow, the silo, and the dog. We couldnt find the last orb so we reset the game. Unfortunately, no luck. I then tried unplugging my Xbox for over 2 minutes and reset the checkpoint multiple times, but am still stuck at 3/4. I even tried going back to the quest giver and downing him just to see if it would reset the quest, but it didnt work.

I have attached a 3 minute video below in which I reset the checkpoint and then run over to each of the four locations. As seen in the video, there are no orbs left but it says I'm at 3/4. Please let us know if this is being fixed. This is quite irritating for people that want to complete everything in the game.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1D956BB7538BC92E&id=1D956BB7538BC92E%211077&parId=1D956BB7538BC92E%211076&o=OneUp

pen_h3ad
04-04-2018, 05:49 AM
Thank you for the reports.

There is a fix planned for this issue in an upcoming patch, for the moment we apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

My apologies, I just saw this message when I posted mine. Do you have an estimated time as to when this patch will come out? I'd like to enjoy as much of the game with the magnometer as possible.

BlackStar798
04-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Do you know when you are going to fix it because yesterday there was a patch on steam bug nothing changed and i just need few mission to get 100% and close encounter is one of them.

TornaD-oz
04-06-2018, 08:26 PM
I have the same issue, hoped that the patch would fix it but no, nothing changed! Please just allow us to reset the mission, because there are other missions that are also bugged, but so far only this one is totally broken.

MJ_Perry
04-09-2018, 03:20 PM
I have the same issue and its bugging the hell out of me. A patch came in today but its not fixed yet. Any update on that ubisoft?

Jahweez
04-09-2018, 06:51 PM
PS4 here. Died to the turkeys in co op mode. Think my partner died with the orb and now it won't show. Got the one from the silo, cow and dog but the one from the turkeys is gone. Patch pls.

PuneetNayar
04-10-2018, 11:24 PM
Any update??

Gavindakeen
04-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Hey there, not totally fixed as Iíve just had the glitch about an hour ago. I simply fast travelled away and when I returned the dog was runing with the 4 th item and all is well.

ubi--unicorn
04-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, if you are still getting this issue after the patch, and your game is fully up to date, please create a ticket. (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New)

kaino_91
04-26-2018, 11:55 AM
I went through this struggle to make an account for this forum just to ask. I realised heaps of people have the same issue as me. My mate screwed up the mission for me in Co-op mode. I was able to get everything except the cow.
Really frustrating knowing I can't %100 the game now. The old assassin's creed games had similar issues back in the day.

Ubi-Bandicoot
04-26-2018, 01:19 PM
I went through this struggle to make an account for this forum just to ask. I realised heaps of people have the same issue as me. My mate screwed up the mission for me in Co-op mode. I was able to get everything except the cow.
Really frustrating knowing I can't %100 the game now. The old assassin's creed games had similar issues back in the day.

Welcome to the forums, sorry it's not for better reasons.

Don't worry about this not being attainable for now, the team are still looking into it since they believed it was fixed in TU4 but the current pattern seems to be co-op games still not registering properly. Hopefully we'll have more news on the progress of this soon.

pogo1946
05-02-2018, 04:43 AM
My first post and really hope you guys are working on a way to fix this Close Encounters Bug my game is up to date with latest patch and still can't complete this mess

riskfactor_beta
06-30-2018, 02:55 PM
I'm not playing coop and this mission is impossible. I have 3 of 4: 1 from the cow, another from on top of the silo, and the third from the turkeys. There is no dog and no 4th piece, so I'm stuck. This sucks.

riskfactor_beta
06-30-2018, 03:03 PM
I was missing the dog. After multiple respawns, the dog DID eventually show up so I could get the last artifact. *Whew*