PDA

View Full Version : Cause of the Curse. COTP DLC

ShawnCase3
03-28-2018, 10:24 PM
Ok I've seen a lot of questions and general pondering on behalf of the actual cause of the "Curse" plaguing Ptolemaic Egypt during the second major expansion. This is my take.
The game doesn't really delve into great detail as to how and why this is happebing. It tells you the culprit and the reason but not the actual how. My opinion is that it is the Apple held by the head priestest was the main cause. Somehow she activated it and caused a major illusion to fall over the land.
When Bayek first arrived in Thebes he witnessed the shadow of Nefertiti and the soldiers actually strike it and cause damage. That is a direct reference to his battle with Flavius "The Lion" Metellus. Flavius, with the help of Medenumun's Relic (Apple) put forth several energy blasts and illusions of himself and his Order of the Ancients minions.
The Apple of Eden was used during the Isu era to directly control the human mind. Causing dillusional behavior and illusions. This is why Bayek was able to pass into the different afterlife realms. By doing the quests of returning the different items to the different pharoes he "broke" the illusions.
My question out of all of this is why was this apple Blue? All of the other ones where a golden /bronze color. This apple was clearly Blue. It apparently was careless of Bayek to leave the Apple with someone else. Seeing as the person was found dead without the apple in tow. I guess we will find out about that in the upcoming months or in the next edition of the series. Sorry for the long read.

cawatrooper9
03-28-2018, 10:36 PM
Hey ShawnCase3,

I've gone ahead and moved this to the spoilers section.

I agree that it seems to be that the fantastical elements of COTP were caused by a Piece of Eden. Your guess is as good as mine as to the color, though!

ShawnCase3
03-29-2018, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry I thought I was in the spoilers section. I must have not been paying much attention to what section I was in. Thanks!

LoadmeTacos
03-29-2018, 12:52 PM
Very good your point, it may be that same, although it is just a game and things always happen with convenience to the overall plot.
I just do not understand how Bayek, after knowing all the "apples" can do, he leaves one in a box and the other leaves with some guy.

Ghost416
03-29-2018, 01:38 PM
... and the other leaves with some guy.
Who winds up dying in a desert oasis infested with cobras.

Honestly, just freaking destroy the dang things! Take the biggest hammer you can lift, smash the apples to pieces, go on a long sea voyage, and discard the pieces into the ocean one at a time throughout the voyage.

cawatrooper9
03-29-2018, 02:36 PM
Who winds up dying in a desert oasis infested with cobras.

Honestly, just freaking destroy the dang things! Take the biggest hammer you can lift, smash the apples to pieces, go on a long sea voyage, and discard the pieces into the ocean one at a time throughout the voyage.

Seems like we could almost have an entire game dedicated to trying to dispose of the POEs. Now, why does that sound familiar...? :rolleyes:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d1/37/aa/d137aa5902f7bbea323ccc6b6b5642b3.gif