PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den March 29th

CandleInTheDark
03-28-2018, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC2BEDSHPJw

We have a Den, let's do this \m/(-.-)\m/

News of the week

Discount on steel,30% off until April 3rd.

Vanquisher Rush,first faction to a target of 700,000 match wins. Rewards are steel and crates. Be aware participation is required. At current time knights are winning and the rewards promised are three crates and 1500 steel.

They would have had Bio here but she was in a conflicting meeting that involves future content.

This Sunday Eric wants us to come to twitch at 10am eastern or any time between 10 and 7. Merry fun surprise he can;t go into further here, surprises not being surprises if they are disclosed and all. Fun a little dumb, those are the selling points.

Pax East next week.

Content of the week battle outfits.

Q&A

Next reworks and are there going to be new heroes added? Can't say who, maybe a lower number than season 5 (so implying further into the year), teams are working on hard on them and they can maybe start discussing in a few weeks. One of those heroes is highly requested. Right now they are more focussed on reworks than new heroes.

Will there be truly new armour rather than variations? It is c0ostlyin terms of time because it is a full mesh needed. It takes longer because they would want to do it for all heroes. They do want to at some point.

Is there news inviting friends midmach? Before servers this was impossible, it is tricky with join in mid flow but it is something they are looking into whether in PvP or in custom matches.

Can we ditch the green bars and put in ping? They are looking to do this, they are not sure when it ships but it is a definite thing.

Someone said he has spent 1200 hours but there are games coming in this year, can they tell us something big that will keep him in the game another 1200 hours? There will be something this year that will be worth it and in the coming years, there will be reasons to keep playing! Of course also play those other games.

When can we expect the next patch? For sure it is in April, they don't have the exact date, it will not be at the end of April, they would say less than a month. Because of the arena mode changing the flow of the game they had to do full resubmissions to Sony and Microsoft.

Will every hero get a rework this year? The time it takes they don't think they will do all of them, the plan is to work on the ones that need it the most, those who are strong but only have one strategy, those who need the boost. They have a priority list and are working off of those first.

Will there be a year 2 season pass? Right now they are focussed on the reworks, doesn't mean they won't have a season pass, just not yet.

Will there be the ability to salvage multiple gear on the end match screen? Damien will add it to the improvement list,it won't; be super high priority but depending on how easily the feature could come, if it is a quick thing they will certainly look to getting it in.

Can we expect new metal types? It isn't planned, they don't want to go too crazy like pink metal, the crazy thing is the effects. For the weapons they might look into doing more on that side.

Will there be new maps and will they come with new heroes? There will be new duel and brawl maps with arena mode which will also be playable in duel and brawl. Eric points out they still have a maps team,who knows what they are doing?

Still waiting for the Oni armour still used in every orochi screenshot. If they do new armour for orochi it might be that.

Deathball meta fix? They have done a few things to try and reduce that like with skirmish, they don't know if they have any groundbreaking things they are working on. It is something they have in mind and have had discussions with the different teams, if they have an idea they will do it, maybe it is something the community can jump on and give them ideas.

Will we ever get behind the scenes stuff like motion capture? They are working on the best way to present them for the Den.

Why are popular events not brought in for the long haul? Sometimes they are not sure whether they are popular because they are good or they are new, they like to keep the game fresh They also don't want to put in too many modes to split the playerbase too far but never say never on that. The interesting thing about test your metal was it showed there is an interest for PvE.

Any update on memory leak? Support has been trying to get information on this as this is hard to reproduce, one of the support agents has the issue on his own home computer so they finally have one they an reproduce the issue on and they are working on it. It is currently their top issue, they have a fix they are working on they think they are close but nothing confirmed.

Can they share data? They did with state of balance and they intend to do this regularly.

Is there any plan to add a mapmaker? They would love that but they think with the setup as it is it isn't possible, it is something that would take a good few years and a major shift in production.

Can they turn none dominion maps available for dominion? Not really, they were not designed with dominion in mind. They are investigating how tribute would behave on dominion maps.

What type/amount of data has been collected in regards to dedicated servers? No resynchs and host migrations, they have seen a big increase in stability across the board. Team is still working on it, next patch will have some fixes and they are chasing down known issues that still cause issues. Next phase for team onion is optimisation.

What is the status of lag comp? Next patch and it will be the first version of it, it isn't the perfect solution yet. They will have a lot of detail in a blog post.

Is the conference up anywhere? It depends, sometimes some of the sections go public, sometimes it is paid for, for sure they will try to get it on the Warrior's Den.

With the biggest content drop in season 5 taking away some talking points what do they have in mind for the future on the Den? More Q&A's, Luc has a behind the scenes series on some devs.

What is their biggest pet peeve with user submissions on reddit? They hate things that aren't inclusive, they hate it when people go for let's measure the chest on all the characters, maybe tone down hyper masculine stuff.

Task manager game not quitting issue? Next patch.

Any news on seasonal events? Maybe next season.

Are there any plans to make ranked more enticing? They did an update where they improved steel/xp rewards, they do have other ideas, they are not ready to drop most of them outside master rank which will be the rank where rank does degrade over time. They have had questions over queueing, solo and groups, they have been discussing this with the team, they don't have an answer yet but it is something on their agenda.

Any plans to rebalance the feats? It is something on their radar, right now the focus, unless there is an exploit that comes up, is on reworks, they agree there are things they can do with the feats but not in the short term, after the reworks. Live games never stop progressing and getting better, there is no done end product and they don't want to change things too rapidly.

Can we expect to see spectator mode any time soon? It is something cool that they think the game would benefit from, they could not do it before servers as they would have needed to change it, the team working on servers is the team working on that. It is something that they want, short term they don't have a timeline.

Can they remove duel tournament and insert duel or brawl ranked? Removing tournaments from ranked is something they are considering, they have other ideas also but not ready to commit to anything. They do want to make it more time sensitive and not having to commit to half hour plus.

Since new heroes came out how does the team handle new weekly content? Will they meed no content weeks to keep the quality high? It is true that the more characters they have the harder this is because they like to drop content for all heroes, and it is why things like executions come once a season. It is why sometimes only OG or DLC heroes get something. They are looking at production techniques, it is a challenge they are working on. Eric did a pretty in depth answer in response to how this answer was summarised on reddit so I will share that here

That led to a longer answer from Damien about how, yes indeed, as we release more content, it's an exponentially growing production process to make sure each piece of content works with each other piece of content. We didn't answer no?
If the actual question was "Can we get better weekly content?" the answer, from me at least, would have been: "I've seen a bunch of the content coming over the next few months and we're finding ways to do cool new things with the weekly content that I think is really fun and exciting."
The point on Battle Outfits is taken, we know they aren't massively popular, but IMO it's better than not releasing anything. Not releasing them won't give us better Ornaments, for example.

Will lag compensation deal with players with high ping? Not exactly but it helps though they do acknowledge that is where they see weird things like attacks that were blocked but not. They did a deep dive on one player's connection as he complained quite often, they found he has a high connection but what they found was he had latency spikes between 100ms and 3500ms, maybe he was on wifi and on a crowded channel, it isn't just about connection speed.

How long does it take to create a new character? 6-9 months.

Can they add season icons to weapons? That is something in the works, to display which season the weapons were dropped.

Can they release event exclusive gear? Well they could but the cool thing about it was they are event exclusive.

Zombie sessions have returned, any news on this? They are looking into it, it is not as widespread as before.

Custom control bindings for console? It is close, bluebyte are working on it. It is a Soon(tm).

Community corner

CandleInTheDark
03-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Community questions from the forum

Ngallo22: Can the zone attack have its own dedicated button? Maybe R3?

I do not think many of us feel 100% confident throwing it out, which is an issue because we should feel 100% confident that a button will do its job.

I know the "camera center" is R3 but i do not think many people use it. A button reconfiguration option would be useful with the option to make R3 a zone attack.

Ngallo22: Change the "map vote" to also act as the "ready" button and remove the "ready" button, so selecting a map will also mean the player is ready.

Not enough people choose a map, possibly they don't have the time to choose since they are deploying or changing gear.

Soldier of Dawn: Could it be made possible to combine two( or more) effects on the same execution, idle, and emote slot in the future?

Waynedetta4k: 1, Now that Guard Break after Parry isnt a thing anymore. Will there be changes to Guardbreak so it could be more than a counter to dodges. I mean making it more useful/harder to CGB?
2, I heard about the Arena Mode, any new Information about that, I would like to know how it will work, like a winner stands mode? Iam waiting for that a year now!
3, Whats the general Idea for the future in regards of making recovery times slower and attacks faster?

Takuram: Would it be possible to make the "Extended Region" on the South American region to match with the whole American Continent?
Our playerbase is too small, and our ping with north americans is ok ( I'm able to play everyday with them - by entering a foreign party - with no issues ).

Brutal DaDo: 1) is there a chance to get tozen’s kick for orochi? 2) after all the reworks for the OG characters is there a chance to get a punch or maybe a knee to the stomach for berserker as an opener ?

Tyrjo: Emote sound discrepancy

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way.

Kamen42: Faction War - at the moment, Castles provide bonus only to one territory. What about spreading their effect to surrounding fields? Even if the effect is weaker for them. That way it would be easier to keep your territories and the swings in territory control would not be so big.

Baggin As of right now parrying a zone counts as a heavy reward, in the future could you make it so that certain characters zone attacks like Pk, Orochi and Warden count as a lite so we can get the lite reward for it since they are harder to parry.

Kryltic: When will we get the ability to apply the visuals of lower gear to higher gear? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to keep a load of low gear items indefinitely.

We.The.North
#1 : Could we tone down AoE direct damage feats, especially when team(s) are breaking ?
#2 : Could we be allowed to vote on maps before match making ?
#3 : Could you guys dial back on hyper armor and unblockables ?
#4 : Could we remove the knockdown and + attack boost from revenge and greatly boost the defensive properties ?
#5 : Could you deal with pixel bot cheaters, like a permanent realistic mode to remove indicators needed to cheat ?

Pincopallino097: IS berserker a bit too strong now? Any little nerf coming?

Gallow-: Do you plan to add embossing and colours pattern to Conq, PK, Cent and Glad helmets?

Ngallow22: Kensei at times does not get the guaranteed light after a pommel strike.

CandleInTheDark: Could we have an update on where the team are with getting team shuffle and join in end flow working together and how high a priority it is? While I get that join in end flow is the most useful in terms of continuing matches, I have wound up the only non ai on my team and in the two and a half minutes it took for my team to be replaced with other players, we were 700-60 down.

E1seNw0Lf: "Did the fight team ever thought about to let all heros have reflex guard? (means: no hero with permanent auto-guard)"

Like Roman said in one of the earlier streams last year. When someone is starting to learn a material art, the first thing you learn is how to defend yourself (I did Wushu [including weapon training] for several years and a few others too)
- I definitly agree on that. Be forced to actively keep up the guard myself at the very right moment is something I really enjoy in this game. It makes it more interesting to me and I feel it's something essential for this type of game.
I think it could help a bit to engage the turtle mentality on several characters (whereas I dont like the typical assassin guard wiggle thingy) and the lack of some characters having no opener.

matt89connor: if i can, i want to ask: there will be changes on 4v4 modes and gear stats in the future? i think a dance of death 4v4 1 round only will be amazing

mrmistark: When will we introduce more customization? As of now, looks are very minimal changes.

Like others have expressed, zone input is a huge combat hinderence as it doesn’t work properly.

FredEx919
03-28-2018, 08:33 PM
Thanks Candle! I'll get these questions over to the crew for the show. Hopefully we can get to some of these.

mrmistark
03-28-2018, 08:51 PM
As matt89connor said, dance of death was the best game mode introduced into the game since itís launch. Can we have this as a permanent game mode and apply it to 4v4 as a death match as well? That would be awesome if they could implement in castle maps for this as well like in the thrown room, or fresh inside the gates. This isnít a requirement though, just an additional vision that would add a bit of nice scenery.

When will we introduce more customization? As of now, looks are very minimal changes.

Like others have expressed, zone input is a huge combat hinderence as it doesnít work properly.

When is complete controller remapping coming?

Card1acArrest
03-28-2018, 10:29 PM
fred, can you put down an improvement suggestion to the team in general from me.

PC: dodge keys: allow dodge to happen by holding down dodge-key and move mouse.

(also make it so that People can disable such a mapping of keys to remove any change of people messing it up)

Today: i map thumb key of mouse for dodge. i press it + WASD to dodge.

Improved: i press thumb key of mouse, move mouse, click for attack (optional).

Patpuc
03-29-2018, 11:46 AM
How to do submit questions?

ChampionRuby50g
03-29-2018, 12:02 PM
How to do submit questions?

Post it here, and Candle will edit it into his post, or one of the mods will see it and send it to the team.

No guarantee that the devs will actually respond to it though.

CandleInTheDark
03-29-2018, 03:50 PM
Thanks Candle! I'll get these questions over to the crew for the show. Hopefully we can get to some of these.

Thanks Fred,if the devs missed it, the competitive subreddit also put a thread up.

CandleInTheDark
03-29-2018, 06:19 PM
Just gotten the video going now I am ready for work to see what they got up to, looks like Eric and Damien had near an hour long q&a and they are in community corner.

I will look for a reddit recap link before I go to work and post it in the top post if it is there, then I will type up the Den for here on Saturday.

bob333e
03-29-2018, 07:06 PM
Thanks Candle, no rush in doing the recap, looking forward to read it on Saturday.

brashtralas
03-29-2018, 10:52 PM
Posting this after an infuriating amount of time trying to log in, only TO BE REDIRECTED TO TETRIS ULTRA FORUMS, THEN LOGGED OUT WHEN TRYING TO NAVIGATE TO THIS FORUM. My god.

So, after reading the QA on reddit, Iím likely done with this game completely due to your dev teams unbelievably slow pace of progression. Sorry, itís a fact. No defending it.

That being said, this actually pissed me off:

Q: Can you fix the deathball?
A: It's something we're aware of but we don't have a solution per say. Maybe it's something the community can jump on? Can come up with a fix. It's not the same in Dominion and Tribute either, so how to fix that will be interesting. They tried to fix it in Skirmish by adding the wave respawns.

Yep. We havenít done that here a thousand different ways in a thousand different threads. What ********. Itís not even hard to come up with a solution, it will just take some hard work(arguably) to implement.

Thereís some unbelievably simple solutions involving manually boosting zones and reducing kill point gains. For real, now?

I have so little faith in this company, all because of this game. I have a lot of harsh stuff I want to say, but itís a waste.

I think this deserves its own thread.

Vakris_One
03-30-2018, 02:21 AM
This was a very surprising livestream but in the bad sense. Literally all of the most pressing concerns that players on these forums have are either low on the devs priority list or non issues as far as they're concerned.

● Overpowered Feats that ruin 4v4s - Nope. Not a problem far as the devs are concerned. All is fine.

● The murder death balls in Dominion - "We're out of ideas/Don't care. Maybe the community can think of something and get back to us". Like, do they not even read their own official For Honor forum???

● Brand New Armours - too time consuming to make. We'd rather make memey emotes and executions instead while filling up on recycled outfits and effects every week until the end of time.

● Lag comp - coming in the next patch which could be up to a month away.

● Any more hero reworks this season - nope. We'd like to drag that on into the next season but very slowly by doing less reworks than season 5.

● Which heroes are next for reworks - no comment.

● Any new heroes planned - nope. We're currently focusing on dragging out hero reworks for as long as is humanly possible.

Frankly, the answers Damien gave painted a complete 180į turn away from anything the playerbase wants and finds important. Um... who are they making this game for again? Is it the Reddit crowd who don't care about anything except when the next meme is coming? This livestream honestly has me wondering if there even is going to be a Season 6 because by the looks of it there is absolutely no content planned for after Season 5. They're just gonna wing it from here on out and they won't be addressing any balancing issues in 4v4s ever again, no new armours, no new heroes, no new modes, no new 4v4 maps. Just... reworks... that's it. That's what's going to fill up the rest of year 2. Reworks.

Because apparently overpowered feats are fine, they're out of ideas for balancing the unblockable gank meta in 4v4s (even though they have a whole fu**ing forum full of suggestions) and making new armour is just too darn hard and just takes too much time. How is this level of "Out for lunch. Be back whenever" approach even called game development at this point?

EvoX.
03-30-2018, 05:29 AM
Thanks Candle, no rush in doing the recap, looking forward to read it on Saturday.

No need to wait. I gotcha covered.

- Damien spent his salary buying a new TV
- Pope got a new mattress from Costco
- Damien is getting married soon
- Pope asked people on the FH reddit to stop discussing boobs because it's too masculine
- Lag compensation is confirmed for less than a month away, meaning there are 29 days 23 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds left
- In the future, when you get kicked out because of an error, you will automatically start matchmaking searching without having to press two buttons anymore
- In 5 years, For Honor will maybe get a map editing toolkit like Far Cry 5

SpaceJim12
03-30-2018, 10:35 AM
This livestream honestly has me wondering if there even is going to be a Season 6 because by the looks of it there is absolutely no content planned for after Season 5

Do you remember that conversation we have month ago. About how devs use all prerelease content made for Season Pass and now they have nothing to show? Last time we left conversation opened, and I see now you could understand what I meant.

Brand New Armours - too time consuming to make. We'd rather make memey emotes and executions instead while filling up on recycled outfits and effects every week until the end of time.

About it, I know one thing for sure, that one 3D model, that have ready sceleton and animations, will take a 2-3 days from professional 3D artist. And plus one day for texture. In that case we have 4 days for one brand new armor set fo char. 72 days for all chars in the game. And only one reason why it could be too time cost for this it is if devs team have onlt one 3D artist. But I've not heard about some reduction of devs team. So, if they had recourses to made all heros, MC animations and maps, where are all this people now? And this mean we will not see any new content for real?

Could it be, that Ubisoft executives are quietly restructure devs after bad launch? And now there are pretty low numbers of people who developing and supported this game?

Vakris_One
03-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Do you remember that conversation we have month ago. About how devs use all prerelease content made for Season Pass and now they have nothing to show? Last time we left conversation opened, and I see now you could understand what I meant.
I understood the criticism but I didn't think it was a realistic expectation to have of a proffessional dev team that presumably still wanted to keep working on their game.

I still don't think it's possible for them to have zero content lined up for Season 6 but I am tired of the slow, almost comatose pace for something that should have been this game's "operation revival." The level of communication and transparency needs to be improved and they need to show us a map of what they have planned for Season 6 soon because empty hype isn't going to cut it.

They cannot afford to just cruise leisurely on reworks and recycled events alone. Unfortunately they haven't shown us otherwise with this live stream.

About it, I know one thing for sure, that one 3D model, that have ready sceleton and animations, will take a 2-3 days from professional 3D artist. And plus one day for texture. In that case we have 4 days for one brand new armor set fo char. 72 days for all chars in the game. And only one reason why it could be too time cost for this it is if devs team have onlt one 3D artist. But I've not heard about some reduction of devs team. So, if they had recourses to made all heros, MC animations and maps, where are all this people now? And this mean we will not see any new content for real?

Could it be, that Ubisoft executives are quietly restructure devs after bad launch? And now there are pretty low numbers of people who developing and supported this game?
Yeah, the armour thing is just shocking to hear from the mouths of Triple A studio developers. Indie devs with a small team and a low budget I would understand but a multi-million dollar studio whose devs find it too hard to create ongoing content for their "live service" game is a little crazy.

Either they don't seem to realise that people would be okay with waiting a month or two for some truly brand new armour or their dev team has been culled down to a skeleton crew. In either case it doesn't instill confidence in them.

guor6800
03-30-2018, 03:31 PM
So we re in for a couple of seasons of who knows what.. And here i thought that the devs have plans to go far with this title.

@Devs We re almost a season in year 2 of this title. Are you happy with the results you have delivered? Do you feel happy that more than a year after launch still you ve got no clue of what to do? What's your go-to mode? What's your vision about this title?

What i get from you is that this game is about to be left to die. No plan,no vision and of course no solution to a vast number of **** you ve thrown in the game. But the last thing i expected is to admit that you are incompetent and ask your community to bring solutions. I have two things to say about this..

1st Do you even listen to your community?. Just a quick run through the forums and you ll find plenty of wonderful ideas about champions,modes,and many other stuff (not to add some cheap escorts from Dubai too)

2nd Are you volunteering for this? Are you not getting paid? Then do your fckin job and stop handling us like we re a bunch of 15 year olds that will shower you with dollar bills.

If you expect that the players will save this game for you then we should await a paycheck or something i suppose from your end.

SpaceJim12
03-30-2018, 04:36 PM
They cannot afford to just cruise leisurely on reworks and recycled events alone. Unfortunately they haven't shown us otherwise with this live stream.

Well, I still decided to wait until season 6. As I said in our previous conversation, my tough minds about devs' work were all about real worries about For Honor future. I still love the concept and visual of this game. And think I will keep come ocasionaly into the game until it'll get done.
But I really upset about how fast my worries about devs and game state have been confirmed.

And for sure I really was brought down by their answer about Dominion fixes. I made myself couple threads about Dominion fixes, I read a lot good minds here about how to fix it. And now we could think, that all words about "We let devs know, good ideas" on this forum worth nothing at all.

Jazz117Volkov
03-31-2018, 06:46 AM
@Ubisoft

I caught up on the Warrior's Den and oh boy...valiant as the effort is to interact with the community, it's agonizingly superficial. The steel discount notification was hard to watch.

And a couple of points for Eric Pope; I really appreciate what you do mate, but look, your personal gripes--the behaviour and conversation typical of a "dude bro" subreddit--is exactly what this game is catering itself to. Juvenile and toxic bullsh!t is in your audience because your game is filling up with memes, taunting, and humiliation. Think about who that appeals to. And as much as I believe your personal values and the beliefs of at least most of the development team are honestly in the right place, you guys did scrub the Warden from the promotional material for a reason. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Otherwise, just more of the same really. Weekly content is tied to the daily orders; it's to get players addicted, keep them coming back. It's part of the "turn players into payers" design of most games at the moment. If there was a vote held to see if player preferred weekly paint or seasonal armour, I know what the verdict would be. But it's too late in the day for proper transparency. These Den episodes...it's all getting a bit awkward, if I'm being honest; particularly when the kinds of players your game tries so hard to suck off are the subject of criticism. Exactly how aware of the product on the shelf are you guys?

edit: And I see more of the old guard are retiring the game. Before long I suspect the only thing on these forums will be muscle growth and escorts spam. Please think about who this game is appealing to right now. Even the ads get it.

SpaceJim12
03-31-2018, 10:09 AM
I just realised the ironical mean of all this "wil be in next patch" answers. Because they say next patch will be in less than a month. But, wait, season will end less in a month. 27 days of useless two campaigns, cause we already know the winner.
So, that's mean, we will see lag compensation and arena in the END of season 5. Well, from this point I really want to see trailer of season 6.

Devils-_-legacy
03-31-2018, 12:55 PM
This games is guna go so down hill with the way the devs priorities things lol its amusing how great a concept this game is yet there attitude to the community is we don't have clue or we don't want to fix it is think every wd is pushing me closer to breaking point

CandleInTheDark
03-31-2018, 07:42 PM
Recap is up.

Draco067
04-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Requests for the devs:

A streamlined after-match-menu. The option to skip some things was nice, but finishing multiple orders and getting a bunch of gear means the player spends about 15 seconds (give or take) spamming "A" to get through all the notifications. A skip all would be much appreciated. And I mean something that brings me straight to the roster.

Secondly, please shorten each games starting cutscene, I want to play the game, I don't want to watch minions yelling for 10 seconds, it should last no longer than 5. To be fair I haven't actually timed them, the point being it feels like an eternity to start playing.