PDA

View Full Version : Granite -2000000

TwoClickzZz
03-27-2018, 09:09 PM
I played the game last night for an hour, then I wanted to go to bed. I quit and it says "error-granite 20000000 returning to menu". I relaunch the game, all my save progress is lost. So I replayed it again earlier today, played for about a half hour and tested to see if the error message shows up when I quit. It happened again. If i exit to menu and click continue, I get the error message. If I restart the game, my progress is completely gone. I honestly don't want to replay the beginning of this game a 3rd time in less than 24 hours. Yes I have reinstalled and yes I have verified the game files 5x. This isnt worth 60 dollars...

BigDBailey
03-28-2018, 06:30 AM
I literally had the same thing over roughly 9 hours of game play it sucks.

Feeshmaster
03-28-2018, 07:18 AM
3 hours in and it crashed in the middle of a fight, couldn’t even press escape without another error tab appearing. Forced to alt tab out and then restart the game at which point I found my save was gone.

kristofmesterI
03-28-2018, 03:34 PM
Same with me.

B3run
03-28-2018, 09:28 PM
Hi Fellas,

Had the same error and after restart of the game my save game was gone!
Cut scenes are often not skipable by the way so it is even more annoying !

Thank You UBISOFT !!!

erikstrait
03-28-2018, 09:46 PM
I've had this issue too after streaming 13 hours of game play. I also have tried everything. Reinstall, verify files, etc. I contacted Ubisoft support and troubleshooted it with them. They said they are working on a patch now. But unfortunately no ETA. Kinda sucks to have lost 13 hours of game play, along with the week off work I took to play it.

Sidey.
03-28-2018, 09:50 PM
Yeh i'm in the same boat, had over 15 hours of gameplay just go, i verified files, uninstalled and reinstalled and i've played the initial scene over 5 times now! each time i save and exit i get this code.

erikstrait
03-28-2018, 09:53 PM
Yeh i'm in the same boat, had over 15 hours of gameplay just go, i verified files, uninstalled and reinstalled and i've played the initial scene over 5 times now! each time i save and exit i get this code.

same here. I have done the intro at least 5 times after changing something. UGH. So frustrating. However my Uplay account does show my accomplishments, so maybe it'll download that once they release the patch? Wishful thinking? yea probably.

ubi--unicorn
03-28-2018, 09:55 PM
Hey guys, we're investigating this issue. Please create a ticket (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New) with your save files to assist in our investigation.

Uplay
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<USER ID>\1803

Steam
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<USER ID>​\856

OskarSSLV87
03-29-2018, 12:06 AM
It is not possible to attach save files to a ticket - not allowed...
I lost more than 8 hours of gameplay progress and boss kill... tried many things for at least 6 times now... I am fed up with it...

TurtleHermit49
03-29-2018, 12:10 AM
Hey guys, we're investigating this issue. Please create a ticket (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New) with your save files to assist in our investigation.

Uplay

Steam

The uploader doesn't take these files as an accepted type. :/

erikstrait
03-29-2018, 03:26 AM

Uplay

Steam

It won't let me attach the files in that folder.

However my directory is this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX\4311 . So my ending is 4311. Should it be 1803?

****EDIT**** I tried changing it to 1803 and it just created a new 4311. No change.

YellowYao
03-29-2018, 11:37 AM
dude same here

TwoClickzZz
03-29-2018, 02:13 PM
Pre-ordered the game and took a day off work to finally play an ubisoft game that I thought I'd really like. Instead I spend the entire day attempting to troubleshoot a SAVING issue. Game runs fine, no crashes, no stutters for me, I just can't continue progress. Bad enough that we only get ONE SAVE, even worse that friends that bought the game after me, have beat it and I CANT EVEN PROGRESS FORWARD. We can't even attach a save file to a ticket because it doesn't even accept the file type. SMH :confused:

BigDBailey
03-29-2018, 04:17 PM
How does a bug like this pass through all the beta testing how do you not notice that this many versions of a game cannot save its just ridiculous.

slobcat1337
03-29-2018, 04:31 PM
yeah it's insane how something so fundamental can slip through. Manual save doesnt work for me at all. surely there must be people responsible for this kind of stuff? Wtf are they doing? Sitting around smoking cigarettes and eatung croissants??

B3run
03-29-2018, 10:01 PM
Hello,

Yesterday I installed my drivers again and changed my firewall settings, which seemed to somehow get rid of the GRANITE-2000000 bug.
Started the game from square one, which really is tedious since NO CUT SCENE CAN BE SKIPPED!!!! Why do you force me to watch this again and again? This is a real issue also if people want to play it again on a different difficulty and have to look at all cut scenes and do the slow walk at the start again .... please make cut scenes skippable and when you are on it , pauseable.

But Back to topic. So Yesterday started again got a little bit further than the day before and wanted to continue today and at the start I already knew something is wrong because i couldnīt skipp the start sequence .... everything was gone .... again. So I thought what is different for me than all the other thousand of people which donīt have the same problem .... I installed my Uplay not in the default folder on C: but under D:\Games\ .... So I uninstalled UPLAY downloaded it anew and installed it in the default folder on C:\
(I dinīt copy any save games but made copies yesterday night since I didnīt trust you, ubisoft) I started the game again (you donīt need to redownload the game, when you keep the game files in the de-installation process) and tada I can skip the intro crap and have the option continue!!! The save game loads and I am were I left two days ago ... so my first save game that I couldnīt load and complained about here, which is fine to me.
Maybe If you want your current save than try to copy the save game folder at your current uplay installation path and copy it to the new path, uplay asked me at startup if I want to use the local file or the cloud file so maybe you can save your progress that way if you restarted the game and want to keep this progress.

Hope it helps someone and happy Easter.

BR

Berun

YellowYao
03-30-2018, 08:28 AM
still the same error granite -2000000

Sivster
03-30-2018, 11:55 AM
I got the same error whilst playing after 12 hours already liberated John's region halfway thru Faith's region and now I have lost ALL my progress plz help PLEASE UBISOFT I CAN'T GO THROUGH ANOTHER 12 HOURS OF BLOWING UP CULT PROPERTY FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!

BigDBailey
03-30-2018, 04:36 PM
Its been over two days since I sent in my ticket about the issue still no response about the issue.

razer_lmao
03-30-2018, 10:11 PM
i just finished john and jacob and i was in the faith boss battle and i got the same error i restarted my game and lost 3 days of progress thanks ubisoft AND i spent $20 in guns and cars and i lost that too and i cant get a refund

Outdated_Beast
03-31-2018, 01:27 AM
Just bought the game yesterday! Started Playing it and then "ERROR U R ****ED NOW (granite -200000) Pls fix this im dieing inside :(:mad:

Koolarama7
03-31-2018, 02:21 AM
every time i exit and save my game i lose my save and get the error

FilthyCasual04
03-31-2018, 07:11 AM
15 hours in and all of that wasted because of this glitch. Some how ubisoft finds a way to disapoint...

Ubi-Baron
03-31-2018, 11:04 AM
Thank you for the continuing reports, we are looking into this issue.

For anyone who hasn't already, please make sure you have created a ticket with your DxDiag and MSINFO (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe), via the site here (support.ubi.com)

Please also attach a copy of your save file. I understand your format may be incorrect, so in this case please try zipping the file first and then attaching it as it should allow this.

Tillybobs
03-31-2018, 11:41 AM
hello i followed this cloud activation step for the save files and i got my save file back for far cry 5- https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000027534

however i am unclear if the granite error will pop up if i continue playing my save like it did the first time but my save game is back where i left it off
hope this helps anyone

MadMAIK1907
03-31-2018, 01:06 PM
Same Error for me. No Solution. Deleted the Old Save Game, Createt a New, Disabled Cloud Synchronisatin, Enebled Cloud Synchronisation.
Far Cry 5 wont led mel Load my Savegames, i can only start an New Game. Every Time. When i Exit to Main Menu, it Shows the Granite-2000000 Error, an my Save is Gone. Like in this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qhHtpmHfIM&t=21s

acadac
03-31-2018, 01:30 PM
my story is short and will end here with ubisoft.
the game cost arround 60Euro on Steam and cheaper on Uplay and have TERRIBLE UI! look like BETA
when i realize FC5 dont support MultiSave and my brother just re-save my 7hours playing, I bought for him another copy! with luck i get both key verry cheap.
We play 2 different account in one PC, WELL PLAY UBISOFT! fcking logic! i understand you need make money but like that ? what a JOKE
Now my brother get this error on Uplay when he log in menu, and here is no fcking continue in progress just new game :mad: u guys should see his face when realize lost all progress :D now we said good bye for this **** and wait for cr*ck.

Cams00n
03-31-2018, 05:22 PM
Finally after four days of trying i got it... What I did step by step:

1. Go to Uplay Settings and TURN OFF Cloud Save Synchronization
2. Go to Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher and DELETE savegames file
3. Run the game AS ADMINISTRATOR from FarCry5.exe (directly from the Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Far Cry 5/bin folder)

You will have to play the game from the very beginning, to create a new local save files (local means they wont upload to Cloud) but without the Granite - 2000000 error.
You also have to keep the settings as they are and run as administrator every time.

Hope it works for you guys as well!

Good Luck and have fun playing.

razer_lmao
03-31-2018, 06:09 PM
i lost 95% in progress im not gonna start again thats 45 hours i lost

JunkCharles
03-31-2018, 06:31 PM
Same here f&*^@ granite **** .... 4 days after release ....Im done

eur0d
03-31-2018, 06:42 PM
I've got a work around for this issue. I started by reinstalling uplay (not sure if this is needed) then I disabled the cloud saving feature in uplay. After disabling cloud saving I deleted the full contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames Back up your data first

Following these steps I was able to start a new game and save.

https://s17.postimg.org/i2ma6wigr/Screenshot_13.png

https://s17.postimg.org/spg3cbybv/Screenshot_14.png

https://s17.postimg.org/is52j9yfv/Screenshot_15.png

JunkCharles
04-01-2018, 03:37 AM

pappa384
04-01-2018, 05:19 AM
i played for 20 hours tried coop lost my save now my game wont save and i get this error granite- 2000000 gf save intro 5x later here i am seriously done.

Neverfaire
04-01-2018, 06:20 AM
Finally after four days of trying i got it... What I did step by step:

1. Go to Uplay Settings and TURN OFF Cloud Save Synchronization
2. Go to Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher and DELETE savegames file
3. Run the game AS ADMINISTRATOR from FarCry5.exe (directly from the Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Far Cry 5/bin folder)

You will have to play the game from the very beginning, to create a new local save files (local means they wont upload to Cloud) but without the Granite - 2000000 error.
You also have to keep the settings as they are and run as administrator every time.

Hope it works for you guys as well!

Good Luck and have fun playing.

This ultimately lead to being the proper fix for me.

I was streaming a few nights ago, played 4 hours, did one of the herald missions and got booted when it auto saved. It left me dealing with the granite 2000000 error since then.

I've been trying different fixes the past few days, with no luck. Turning off cloud sync in uplay, moving my savedgames folder and starting farcry5.exe, running as admin (Easiest way to find this for me, since I have this through steam. Right click Far Cry 5 in steam > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > bin folder.)

The quickest way to get the game to auto save to test to see if it worked.

>>SPOILER: Start a new game, don't put cuffs on the father, wait 90 seconds, skip credits, game will auto save right here, if you didn't get granite 2000000 and can hit continue, it worked. This allows you to figure out if it worked in about 10 minutes instead of having to go through the whole intro sequence, car chase and all. |||

I tried to load my previous save folder in and it reverted back to not having a continue. If you made a copy of the folder, hang onto it, but this fix will most likely only work for starting a new game and continuing on with it. I'm going to play a ton tonight and see if I get the error again.

Good luck, guys! Happy hunting!

F__KYouGravity
04-06-2018, 12:32 AM
how can we send in a ticket when we dont have a save file to send

fr3shyy.
04-08-2018, 05:55 PM
If you want to fix this then here are the steps

1. Turn cloud save sync off
2. Exit Ubisoft and Steam
3 Go to the Ubisoft folder in your program files x64/x86 for me its 86
4. Then in the folder go to Ubisoft Game Launcher
4. Then if you see a savegames file delete it
5. Open up Steam and Ubisoft and launch Far Cry 5

Now it should be fixed. For me this worked, but if it does not work for you then i recommend contacting Ubisoft support.

Have a nice day.

kkmmnn85
04-08-2018, 07:42 PM
I would just like to point out that this IS NOT a viable fix for the Granite Error

After following these instructions to a T with a clean installation of Uplay and FC5, no cloud save, launching from /bin as admin and having deleted ALL Uplay saves and cache I ran into the same Granite Error after another 20+ hours of gameplay

That is 2 separate runs through the game, both times reaching over 50% completion, 20+ hours each, to both be lost to "Granite Error". Ubi support has been zero help. They haven't acknowledged that this is an issue or released any form of advice/fix for the problem

The game will be playable for a while following this fix but it will most likely default directly back to the error

Good luck to anyone that experiences this, it is the single most frustrating thing I have dealt with in 25+ years of gaming. $69.99 and 40+ hours of my time WASTED

Sorry to bump and older thread but there isn't a lot of info on why this is happening

BigDBailey
04-13-2018, 04:58 PM
So i thought my problems were solved, Turns out that my game had this error happen again I had beat the game and had almost every weapon unlocked to say the least this is quite ridiculous.

Johnson9191
04-14-2018, 02:01 PM
I would also like to say that the disable cloud sync option DOES NOT fix this ridiculous bug. I tried that, but I still keep getting the error message. I have now had to restart the games 4 times, each time having to go through that long boring opening UNSKIPABLE montage and I just cannot face having to do that again. There appears to be NO solution for this bug until Ubisoft sort it out and they are being awfully quiet and laid back about this. If they've been hacked they need to come out and say so. The fact they haven't fixed this yet does not bode well, people are still wasting valuable hours getting nowhere because they cannot continue from where they left off! I will never buy a Ubisoft game on release again that's for sure.

MrSnikerNoodel
04-19-2018, 04:09 AM
I love how it’s been over three weeks and Ubisoft still hasn’t figured out their crap. I lost my 30 hour save and I spent another hour trying to return to where I was only to get Granite again. Shiit pisses me off

Johnson9191
04-19-2018, 07:44 AM
Agree with you, it's really frustrating.

Is there an update on this Ubisoft? Its been far too long without a resolution . Any information at all? at least let us know something, whether your developers have identified and understand the bug and are actively working on a fix. Is there a patch coming and if so when? Your silence makes people more frustrated. Perhaps people should be posting about this on Twitter and Amazon reviews and an article on Engadget, maybe then Ubisoft will get their act together and prioritise this. At least let us know what is happening and what you think has caused this, rather than than usual, "our developers are aware, please raise a support ticket".

sunejoergensen
04-19-2018, 01:09 PM
Finally got support but the can't help but they are "working" on the problem.

We can't get any refund what so ever because of the terms of sales you "accept" when buying the game.

https://store.ubi.com/eu/legal-notic...erms_of_sales:

Ubisoft will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories:

a)loss of income or revenue;
b)loss of business;
c)loss of profits;
d)loss of anticipated savings;
e)loss of data; or
f)any indirect or consequential loss.

Support encouraged everybody to write about this problem here in this forum, so development eventually will take action.

ThEbLaCkmAmBasS
04-20-2018, 01:52 AM
AFTER MAKING MY OWN, (Waiste 10 hours of gameplay,) INVESTIGATION IVE FOUND IF YOUR SAVE YOU GAMES IN MY DOCUMENT IT WORK.FOR ME.

UbiMorning
04-21-2018, 01:32 AM
Hi friends! Here is the work around we have for that error code:
- Please make sure that the Drive you installed Uplay has enough Space.
If you have enough space, we would like to suggest you the following which can help:
- Make sure Uplay is completely exited out, which can include exiting from your system tray if you opted to have Uplay run in the background when pressing the window X
- Go to the save game folder below and delete it after making a backup:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<UPLAYID>\4311 (Steam)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<UPLAYID>\1803 (Uplay)
- Open Uplay as administrator, then disable the overlay and cloud save
- Launch Far Cry 5 and play until your reach an autosave.
- Exit the game, re-enable cloud saves and the overlay and restart Uplay.
- When the game starts back up, you will get a message about which save to use. Make sure to select the local save, not the cloud game save. Uplay will then update with the local save.
Let us know if this helps!

szekemeredzabar
05-02-2018, 02:12 PM
@UbiSailorScout

You can message to anyone in your company that this is FIRST and LAST game that I've tryed. And I will back to shop and take my money back. This is ridicululs, to have fun in 12 hours and then crash with some stupid problems and reset saves. Of course youe "advice" to disable/enable and wait for autosave doesn't help.

Thanks,
one try to buy your game - and the last try.

Johnson9191
05-09-2018, 04:52 PM
This has just happened to me again I followed the reset instructions given by Ubisoft support here on the forum and I played another week no problem, but it just happened again. Had completed 2 regions and half way through Holland Valley. Damn Ubisoft, you why haven't you fixed this yet??? This is the worst game breaking bug ever and even after over a month, you haven't fixed it.