PDA

View Full Version : No sound

voriot
03-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Hi,
i got no sound anywhere on game (menu, cut scene, ingame, ...)
sound driver updated, uninstall and re-install was no effect

eevalentine
03-28-2018, 02:47 PM
I am having much the same problem.

I have verified my files as well as uninstalled/reinstalled the game to no effect.

I've checked my Audio settings in options and my sound works for all the other Ubisoft games which I play, but I cannot hear background music, voices, sound effects, music over the intro screens for the game itself or even audio from the movies which play as cutscreens.

I've checked my sound drivers and they are all up to date, so wondering what the issue might be, as I know that issues were reported previously with Far Cry Primal, although I never had any issues when playing that game.

webvelosix
03-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Sound works up until I start a new game or continue an existing game. When I quit back to the main menu, however, the background music no longer plays. It's as if audio completely breaks once a game is started/continued. I have to completely exit to the desktop and re-start the game in order to get the main menu music to play again.

An internet search shows some Far Cry 4 and Primal users having very similar problems. FC4 audio has always worked for me, however.

I attempted various online DirectX solutions, but none have helped. I just performed a Windows 10 Pro and FC5 re-install and neither resolve the problem. Audio works completely fine outside the game and there are no Event Viewer entries to suggest the game is causing audio driver/hardware related errors.

I am running a Dolby Digital 5.1 AC3 setup over TOSLINK, FWIW. I have been running this setup for many years and don't want to mess with it. Never had a problem with any other game.

Please advise.

ubi--unicorn
03-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Hey guys, some players in this thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1860285-Can-t-hear-any-voices-in-game) said that adjusting their speakers helped.

webvelosix
03-29-2018, 03:37 PM
Hey guys, some players in this thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1860285-Can-t-hear-any-voices-in-game) said that adjusting their speakers helped.

Changing from 5.1 to stereo is an unsatisfactory workaround. Unfortunately, it's also the same old recommendation given to affected FC4 and Primal users.

What's odd for me is that FC5 is the first Far Cry title that does not work with Dolby Digital 5.1. FC3 and FC4 worked fine, for example. The audio chipset I'm running, however, is a C-Media CMI 8768+. The people who never seem to get it to work at all are usually running something else -- like Realtek chipsets, for instance.

DJ.Finkablast
03-29-2018, 03:59 PM
I have same issue constantly. It seems like the game is screwing up your audio devices completely.

I found a workaround
Disable your audio devices (both playback and recording) from windows and it should get you your sounds back

Ubi-Rufus
03-29-2018, 04:10 PM
To help us look into this, could you provide us with a copy of your system files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000023904/How-To-Submit-Dxdiag-MSinfo/)?

Did the audio work fine once you swapped to Stereo?