PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering

Yoshssi.TSF
03-27-2018, 07:54 AM
Just started up the game for the first time and I am experiencing a lot of fps drops and stuttering in the game. Starts at 140 fps during cut screens then in game it goes from 120 all the way down to 40 .and I have tried changing the refresh rate from 60 all the way up to 144. I tried it with lowest pre setts and the highest. And no matter what the game stutters a lot and drops fps. I really can't figure out why. Running I7 6700k and gigabyte 1080. Never had Anny problems like this with any other game. Anyone else experiencing the same if so is there a solution or just wait for another patch.

Ubi-Baron
03-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Hello SF_Yoshssi

Thank you for reporting this to us.

To help us look into this could you please both create a case through the site here (support.ubi.com). In this please include a DxDiag and MSINFO (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/), as this will help us look into the issue.

Once you have done this please let me know the Case ID

If you are on Windows 10, please try heading to the .exe file in your Steam directory, right click it, select Properties, Compatibility and select to 'Disable fullscreen optimizations'.

Thank you

Yoshssi.TSF
03-27-2018, 10:36 AM
i have submitted a report with your customer service. hope te hear back quick about this problem

Ubi-Baron
03-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Thanks for providing that.

Can you please try updating the GPU drivers for your card, it believe there should be some that were released on the 20th?

Can you try a Clean Boot via the steps here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows) and also try heading to the .exe file in your Steam directory, right click it, select Properties, Compatibility and select to 'Disable fullscreen optimizations'.

Also can you provide a screenshot of your Graphic Settings?

Gio79
03-28-2018, 07:51 AM
I have a lot of stuttering when aiming. It's anoying. Everything is going well, but when aiming it's impossible to do anything. It's not smooth.

W10
i7 6700K
16 DDR4 RAM
GTX 980Ti

I tried to select "Disable fullscreen optimizations" and run as admin, but no way.

I updated nvidia drivers to the last with the optimal graphic settings for FC5

I can play smoothly in ULTRA. I 've select/deselected and tried multiple settings and stutter is always there.

NamelessxDread
03-28-2018, 08:46 AM
Same problem with stuttering only it's when I drive vehicles very quickly. Please run some kind of patch.

SC0RP10N2000
03-28-2018, 08:59 AM
I have same or similar problem all the time i have submitted a report with your customer service as well.

Yoshssi.TSF
03-28-2018, 09:06 AM
i did a clean boot nothing changed. i did reinstall latest driver ffrom nvidia nothing changed. i started in windowd mode. nothing changed
screen for game settigns are here https://gyazo.com/e7a5da2c76b5a4f770c371e1cecae1f5
dont understand why the game is lagging and stuttering so incredibly bad. today it went from even stuttering in meny screen. mous ponter was jumping all over the place fps dropped down to 20. and in game when standing still i get 144 fps if i move it drops down to 30

Ubi-Baron
03-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Just to confirm, this is when ADSing, Gio79?

Gio79
03-28-2018, 11:22 AM
Yes!

If I move the mouse from the left to the right, the image have something similar to stuttering. I'm a heavy user in FPS and other games works fine (COD, BF, CSGO, etc.) and in FC5 is not smooth. Is something related to framesync? Maxframes? Sensibility? Acceleration? I can't enjoy the game right now because it's very disappointing.

Hipfiring works perfect...

DJ.Finkablast
03-28-2018, 11:46 AM
I just noticed that there has been new nVidia driver update yesterday (27.3).
Info says that there is FC5 performance upgrade/fix

just wanted to let you know

Xintar008
03-28-2018, 11:47 AM
I reported this aswell. First i thought it was motion blur as I had forgotten to turn that off but its still there. The images gets unclear when panning, also almost a bit of tearing sometimes when its under my max Hz.

I also did a clean reinstall of the latest Nvidia drivers for my 1080Ti with DDU after testing a bit.This is my only "complaint" about the game so far as its absolutly fantastic in everything else! :D Hopefully some patches for this.

EDIT:
Ah I see that I have 391.24 and the driver with a patch for FC5 is 391.27. Will install urgently. Thanks rekting! Oh wait, it actually downloaded 391.35 :O Exiting.

Gio79
03-28-2018, 12:01 PM
I'm not at home right now and I can't test, but I think yesterday I downloaded the 391.35 and doesn't solve the stuttering. Could you check if this solve the problem for you?

Thanks in advance.

SC0RP10N2000
03-28-2018, 12:30 PM
i have latest GeForce driver(391.35) but not much has changed maby a little overall FPS boost but still have problem with HUGE frame drops and stuttering no matter the settings.

i did send in a ticked for this as well as a PM to Ubi-Holz (https://forums.ubi.com/member.php/2340827-Ubi-Holz)

Gio79
03-28-2018, 12:32 PM
Hi SC0RP10N2000. Could you share with us your pc specs?

SC0RP10N2000
03-28-2018, 12:40 PM
I have a intel i7 3770K OC(stable in all games), Geforce TITAN X 12GB Vram Driver 391.35, Game on a fast SSD, 32GB ram, Win10 64Bit(updated) Anything ells?
I can run all new games on Ultra or High.

Gio79
03-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Enough. I think our problems are not related to hardware. You should play in ultra with no problems. The game is well.optimized in general but there are some errors as we said before.

NamelessxDread
03-28-2018, 12:48 PM
I'm starting to wonder if it's either that

A. The game is optimized for AMD cards and not Nvidia.
B. It's Denuvo protection that's causing it to run like crap

Mwelling12
03-28-2018, 12:51 PM
Hate to break it to you, but everyone has this stuttering. It's the Dunia engine. It's been present since Far Cry 3, although with that game they did finally address it. In Far Cry 4, it was never addressed. To this day, driving around is a stuttering mess.

The problem is, many gamers have come to accept this type of stutter (render/texture streaming stuttering) in open world games. Either that, or they game at 60 fps or less, where it is much less pronounced. For those of us who have 120/144hz displays and try to have an entirely smooth experience, no dice.

For Ubisoft customer support to feign ignorance of this problem is just insulting. They know it's there. It was there in the previous game, and went unaddressed. Don't believe others who say it is your setup. It isn't. It's the game and/or game engine, it needs patching, and who knows if that will ever happen, but don't get your hopes up, as past (Far Cry 4) is prologue.

And for reference, here are my settings, which cannot run this game without the stuttering (which is present at all in-game settings levels):

Intel i7 7700K at 4.8GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1080 Ti SLI (running single card, as SLI scaling is terrible and it's somewhat smoother on one card)
Windows 10 x64
500 GB NVME SSD (Game is installed on this drive)
PG279Q 1440p 165hz (Gsync enabled)

It runs at between 88-120 fps, which most would say is "completely smooth." However, the stuttering is noticeable, even if dropping a couple fps. More relevant, the frame times during these stutters spike from 10 ms to 40 ms (see image linked below). This is what some gamers have "learned" to accept, and what the rest of us call attention to, sometimes seemingly in a vacuum.

https://imgur.com/a/myFsL

Soulshot96
03-28-2018, 12:58 PM
I am having similar issues. The game is dropping from well over 100fps to as low as 60 randomly. Using Rivatuner and MSI Afterburner to diagnose this shows me that my GPU is almost never being fully utilized(usually sits at ~60-80%), even though it should be at 1440p 144hz with ultra settings, and my CPU doesn't have a single core maxed out, so it is not bottlenecking my GPU.

My specs are a i7 6700k @4.5ghz, 32GB 3000mhz DDR4, a GTX 1080Ti @2025mhz. I have the latest game ready drivers(cleanly installed), and everything is running at or below 60C, so temps are not an issue. I have tried lowering settings(even at all low I still have these issues, just not quite as severe), and even on lowest I can drop to 90fps or so from 144, with the same odd low GPU usage. I have tried deleting and refreshing the games config files as well, but that didn't help either.

I have a friend having the exact same issues on a similar build to mine...and it would seem from this thread that we are not alone. It would seem there is some sort of bug or engine level bottleneck preventing our GPU's from being utilized properly past a certain framerate. A patch for this would be great. I can provide DXDIAGs, screenshots and maybe even videos if they are needed.

Mwelling12
03-28-2018, 01:06 PM
I am having similar issues. The game is dropping from well over 100fps to as low as 60 randomly. Using Rivatuner and MSI Afterburner to diagnose this shows me that my GPU is almost never being fully utilized(usually sits at ~60-80%), even though it should be at 1440p 144hz with ultra settings, and my CPU doesn't have a single core maxed out, so it is not bottlenecking my GPU.

My specs are a i7 6700k @4.5ghz, 32GB 3000mhz DDR4, a GTX 1080Ti @2025mhz. I have the latest game ready drivers(cleanly installed), and everything is running at or below 60C, so temps are not an issue. I have tried lowering settings(even at all low I still have these issues, just not quite as severe), and even on lowest I can drop to 90fps or so from 144, with the same odd low GPU usage. I have tried deleting and refreshing the games config files as well, but that didn't help either.

I have a friend having the exact same issues on a similar build to mine...and it would seem from this thread that we are not alone. It would seem there is some sort of bug or engine level bottleneck preventing our GPU's from being utilized properly past a certain framerate. A patch for this would be great. I can provide DXDIAGs, screenshots and maybe even videos if they are needed.

Of course you are not alone. It's there for everyone, though apparently worse for some than others. See my post above.

NamelessxDread
03-28-2018, 01:08 PM
My specs aren't quite up to those so my game dips down to 40 or even 20 fps in cars and planes/helicopters. Hope this gets enough attention to be addressed. None of my friends on Steam claim to have the same issue though. Either they're lying or something is not right with my system. I'm GTX 1060 3GB, Intel 15-7400, 8GB RAM. Not a powerhouse, but it never had problems running games in the past. Even the unoptimized PUBG runs at a steady 60fps now after updates.

Mwelling12
03-28-2018, 01:15 PM
My specs aren't quite up to those so my game dips down to 40 or even 20 fps in cars and planes/helicopters. Hope this gets enough attention to be addressed. None of my friends on Steam claim to have the same issue though. Either they're lying or something is not right with my system. I'm GTX 1060 3GB, Intel 15-7400, 8GB RAM. Not a powerhouse, but it never had problems running games in the past. Even the unoptimized PUBG runs at a steady 60fps now after updates.

It's not lying. It's that they are not used to a completely smooth gaming experience. There are tons of people, regarding countless games in the past, that have had verifiable stuttering (sometimes even acknowledged by the devs) who just flat out refuse to say that they have it. But they do. It's a matter of getting used to it.

Soulshot96
03-28-2018, 01:16 PM
Of course you are not alone. It's there for everyone, though apparently worse for some than others. See my post above.

Yea...I'm affected by the stutter less than most though(I have Gsync)...it's noticeable but not bad. By itself I could live with it I think...no, the real deal breaker is the FPS drops AND the stutter. Those are brutal. Gsync is not magic. It doesn't hide a drop from 120 to 70fps...add stutter onto that, and this game is infuriating to play. Watching a OSD while it happens makes it worse too...seeing your CPU and GPU go underused as your FPS drops and your game stutters with no good explanation...:mad:

Gio79
03-28-2018, 04:51 PM
UBISOFT! We really like this game and we want to play with 5 senses. We are praying for a patch! Pleaseeeeee

wooster0
03-28-2018, 06:59 PM
i7-4770k
16GB Ram
AMD R9 390
LG 4K Freesync Monitor
Win7 & 10

The benchmark utility in settings doesn't reflect reality.
I spent a couple of hours looking for the best settings (using the benchmark utility) on Windows7 & Windows10 to apply on my 60Hz monitor, to maintain something stable in the 50~60FPS region.
The only thing that works that I have found so far (ignore the benchmark) is to apply a half native res (1920x1080) for the monitor in Windows.

If the native res is set to the actual 3840x2160 in Windows, it always results in a 500ms (twice a second) flicker after a few minutes gameplay.
(It's immediately apparent in the game intro and gets really bad as NPC's come within range...bit of a giveaway)

I understand that it's an older card, but even firing everything as low as it will go still results in this epilepsy inducing stutter.

Yer £50 game disney work.

Hulio225
03-29-2018, 01:22 AM
And for reference, here are my settings, which cannot run this game without the stuttering (which is present at all in-game settings levels):

Intel i7 7700K at 4.8GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1080 Ti SLI (running single card, as SLI scaling is terrible and it's somewhat smoother on one card)
Windows 10 x64

It runs at between 88-120 fps, which most would say is "completely smooth." However, the stuttering is noticeable, even if dropping a couple fps. More relevant, the frame times during these stutters spike from 10 ms to 40 ms (see image linked below). This is what some gamers have "learned" to accept, and what the rest of us call attention to, sometimes seemingly in a vacuum.

I can confirm this, i have also a 7700k @ 5GHz thou, 4000MHz cl 16 memory, samsung 960 evo nvme ssd and a water cooled, shunt modded and hefty overclocked 1080 Ti 2100MHz GPU/12000MHz Memory.
https://puu.sh/zReL2.jpg

But frame-time analysis and gpu load analysis is showing very odd stuff, here a screen of riva tuner, left section is outdoor gameplay and right side is indoor in a bunker of john.
Less demanding scenery is loading the gpu more than the more demanding scenery.... something is wrong here
https://puu.sh/zRheH.JPG

Yoshssi.TSF
03-29-2018, 11:35 AM
so i fixed my problem now. a super weird solution. verifyed my files. deleted randome files. forced uppdate. launched max settings. and plugged in a xbox controller. now it works smothely af. but as soon as i try to play with a mous and keybord the frame dipps is at it againb and lagging is ridiculus. controler is smooth no dipps no lagg steaddy 60 fps in 4k
this solution is super weird to me.

Mwelling12
03-29-2018, 12:48 PM
so i fixed my problem now. a super weird solution. verifyed my files. deleted randome files. forced uppdate. launched max settings. and plugged in a xbox controller. now it works smothely af. but as soon as i try to play with a mous and keybord the frame dipps is at it againb and lagging is ridiculus. controler is smooth no dipps no lagg steaddy 60 fps in 4k

Because itís not a solution. Itís placebo. Controller movements give the appearance of less stutter. The underlying problem is still there. Donít say a problem is solved when it clearly isnít. If something doesnít make sense, most of the time itís because the conclusion is flat out wrong.

Mwelling12
03-29-2018, 12:56 PM
I can confirm this, i have also a 7700k @ 5GHz thou, 4000MHz cl 16 memory, samsung 960 evo nvme ssd and a water cooled, shunt modded and hefty overclocked 1080 Ti 2100MHz GPU/12000MHz Memory.
https://puu.sh/zReL2.jpg

But frame-time analysis and gpu load analysis is showing very odd stuff, here a screen of riva tuner, left section is outdoor gameplay and right side is indoor in a bunker of john.
Less demanding scenery is loading the gpu more than the more demanding scenery.... something is wrong here
https://puu.sh/zRheH.JPG

Hallelujah, someone else who gets it. This is exactly what Iím saying. Even those of us with extremely high end systems see this stuttering and recognize the problem. Itís those with lower end systems that have gotten used to this type of streaming/rendering stutter that deny any problems.

This is not something we should accept. There are huge open world games without this stutter happening. GTA V is the best example. Also, Witcher 3. Wolfenstein II. Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Whatís required is correct optimization. Demand it.

NamelessxDread
03-29-2018, 01:07 PM

Okay, so out of desperation I tried this. I still get the same stuttering/freezing whenever the game autosaves or whatever those 3 dots in the top right signify (loading?) and when driving a vehicle through high traffic of enemies (driving by a convoy of three trucks that start firing on me tanks my FPS down to 20 or 30fps). Is it because of having a HDD and not SDD so the game takes longer to load assets from the HD? Was watching some streamers on Twitch to see if other people are effected but I don't really notice the game hanging up for them in vehicle sections. But then why is the stuttering being mentioned by others with high spec computers? Aaaaargh, it's doing my head in.

Hulio225
03-29-2018, 03:07 PM
Hallelujah, someone else who gets it. This is exactly what I’m saying. Even those of us with extremely high end systems see this stuttering and recognize the problem. It’s those with lower end systems that have gotten used to this type of streaming/rendering stutter that deny any problems.

This is not something we should accept. There are huge open world games without this stutter happening. GTA V is the best example. Also, Witcher 3. Wolfenstein II. Deus Ex Mankind Divided. What’s required is correct optimization. Demand it.

Another bigger picture of some monitoring with some marks:

https://puu.sh/zRWZD.JPG

Hopefully someone of UBISOFT will come across this or someone is pointing them to this... this is as clear as it can get as a explanation what we are complaining about.

Feels bad when frames randomly stay there for over 40 ms, while having over 100 FPS and the GPU load goes down at the same time. We are getting 4 or 5 duplicates of the same already rendered frame, that's why the GPU load goes down, at least i assume that as an explanation.
But why is that happening is the question, if its really DUNIA engine related there should be a fix possible i guess...
Another thing is the GPU usage in general sometimes its long under 90% or even 80 % like in the last third / quarter of my graph... why isn't it utilized 100% for more FPS??? CPU isn't bottle-necking at all since every single core is way under 100% load...
Questions, questions and even more questions...
What bothers me the most, most people are spreading that the game is well optimized and the media as well... but that's not entirely true, sadly...

NamelessxDread
03-29-2018, 03:18 PM
Okay yeah, I tried running the game in windowed at 720p so I could monitor task manager while playing and the game consistently hits 100% CPU usage and the peaks on the line graph correspond with the stuttering pretty well. Could this be the source of the stuttering and why is the game using so much CPU? Is it Denuvo?

Alexx1234
03-29-2018, 03:35 PM
@ NamelessxDread What OS are you using ?

Hulio225
03-29-2018, 03:37 PM
Okay yeah, I tried running the game in windowed at 720p so I could monitor task manager while playing and the game consistently hits 100% CPU usage and the peaks on the line graph correspond with the stuttering pretty well. Could this be the source of the stuttering and why is the game using so much CPU? Is it Denuvo?

LOW RES is (always) CPU bound!!

CinnamonCarrot
03-29-2018, 03:39 PM
980ti
Win 10
16gb ram
1080p

Tried the newest fc5 nvidia driver. Same effect as the old one I had.

Opened a ticket, went through all the steps they mentioned. Nothing helps. Frametimes are up into 60 to 70 ms... should be 16 ms. Spikes everywhere.

Primal was silky smooth. Fc4 is still a mess, and looks like Fc5 is the same.

NamelessxDread
03-29-2018, 03:44 PM
@ NamelessxDread What OS are you using ?

Windows 10

Gio79
03-29-2018, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect, but I just set up the "optimize game" in nvidia experience tool and everything is going better. Aiming is a little bit smoother. The only thing that changes is "graphic quality" from ultra (my settings) to custom. The rest of the parameters are the same. It's weird

Alexx1234
03-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Out of curiosity, do you have the Uplay app installed on the same drive as the game ?

Gio79
03-29-2018, 04:12 PM
Out of curiosity, do you have the Uplay app installed on the same drive as the game ?

No.

RUN4Y0URL1F3
03-29-2018, 10:46 PM
Hate to break it to you, but everyone has this stuttering. It's the Dunia engine. It's been present since Far Cry 3, although with that game they did finally address it. In Far Cry 4, it was never addressed. To this day, driving around is a stuttering mess.

The problem is, many gamers have come to accept this type of stutter (render/texture streaming stuttering) in open world games. Either that, or they game at 60 fps or less, where it is much less pronounced. For those of us who have 120/144hz displays and try to have an entirely smooth experience, no dice.

For Ubisoft customer support to feign ignorance of this problem is just insulting. They know it's there. It was there in the previous game, and went unaddressed. Don't believe others who say it is your setup. It isn't. It's the game and/or game engine, it needs patching, and who knows if that will ever happen, but don't get your hopes up, as past (Far Cry 4) is prologue.

Intel i7 7700K at 4.8GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
Windows 10 x64

Good post. My setup is very similar to yours, and my game stutters while driving (texture streaming issue). I play at 4K 60 FPS, but at the moment Iíve disabled 1 of my 1080 Tis because I canít play without TAA, as the trees in far cry games are too aliased without it.

Nickydo73
03-30-2018, 04:28 PM
I am experiencing the same stuttering when driving a quad bike, plane or any other land vehicle. Far Cry Primal was buttery smooth for me. It took me about a week to finally get a just about acceptable framerate with Assassins Creed Origins, but i was still experiencing frame stutter no matter what settings I chose. it's like the game is constantly monitoring something in the back end.

It's a really strange issue, it feels EXACTLY the same in Far Cry 5 but much worse when moving quickly. I hate to be the guy that says it but it feels to me as if the anti piracy software that underpins the whole game playing experience in this game and Origins is doing strange things under the game when playing it.

What's even more annoying is the fact that when I try and google framerate issues for FC5 all the results say that it's running really well, and that's certainly not my experience. It's a shame because there are moments of awesomeness when playing but my immersion get's jarred as soon as it stutters, it's infuriating.

NamelessxDread
03-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Yeah, it's really hard to sit back and relax and play a game when you are constantly in anticipation of when you're going to hit the next moment of stuttering when in a vehicle.

Hulio225
03-30-2018, 06:13 PM
What's even more annoying is the fact that when I try and google framerate issues for FC5 all the results say that it's running really well, and that's certainly not my experience. It's a shame because there are moments of awesomeness when playing but my immersion get's jarred as soon as it stutters, it's infuriating.

Because its not Framerate related per se, its a frame time issue!! Like i already have shown several times.

Look here again constant very good frame rate but garbage frame time from time to time:

https://puu.sh/zRWZD.JPG

And this happens all the time everywhere not just in vehicles, maybe you just notice it there because your moving faster and you are able to tell then.
I'm playing on a 165Hz monitor and i have constantly over 100 fps @ 1440p and i feel/see/notice it all the time basically...

Again IT IS A FRAME TIME issue, caused by whatever... FC4 has exactly the same issue, even worse in my opinion...

Nickydo73
03-30-2018, 08:45 PM
I see what your saying there, it's identical to the way my game is behaving. Your right it's not just in vehicles where the issue is, it's all the time. This afternoon I have clean both my SSD's, reinstalled the game on my main SSD and updated all drivers.

I have a 1440p monitor connected through DPI and a 1080p tv connected through HDMI 2.0. I have an I7 6700K CPU running at 4000mhz, and a GTX 980 4GB with 32 GB of ram. If I just use my TV at 1080P and turn off my monitor the only stable frame rate I get is all settings at low, even then I'm getting micro stutter.

If i play at 2560 x 1440p on my monitor with resolution modifier at 1 with the same settings, the result is the same. The stutter is constantly there no matter what I change.

Bizarrely for me the best way to play is on my monitor at 1440p, either way I have started the game three times from scratch now and i'm afraid i'm beginning to hate what I thought I could enjoy with my two options of 1080P or 1440P at low.

I think personally it's the Anti Piracy software on the back end that's doing this, it was the same with AC Origins.

Hulio225
03-30-2018, 09:47 PM
Strange thing is, running the build in benchmark and monitoring the frame times, never shows this behavior of the frame times. This just happens in actual gameplay and in outside areas.
I don't know, if it would be some sort of random ****, the benchmark would be affected too from time to time... But benchmark frames per second and corresponding frame times are flawlessly to each other no matter how often i run it.

Very disappointing and sad, since i really feel that and it sucks...

Leeberte
03-31-2018, 02:42 PM
I have found that same solution as for Far Cry 4 works.

Look for:
C:\Users\YOURPROFILE\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 5\gamerprofile.xml
Change:
DisableLoadingMip0=0 to 1

Of course it make some textures look blurry from close, but I believe that many of us can sacrifice that for smooth experience.

It resolved for me stutter during: ammo picking, fast driving, flying, big fights. Everything is butter like after this. I don't believe it will be solved anytime soon, so.. go ahead and try.

My rig: 6800k@4.2/1080Ti/16GB/SSDs for system and uplay and game/ 2K 165Hz monitor with GSYNC - I was getting drops from 120 to 50 -60, GPU was not receiving data for half a second in different occasions, in this same frame time there was some data movement on drive C: where the Uplay folder is located, like game was loosing focus for a moment because something prioritized was happening. I'm not sure what is it, maybe saving, maybe DENUOVO, maybe both, maybe devs don't care ;)

Beer_4_Here
03-31-2018, 03:04 PM

Look for:
Change:

Of course it make some textures look blurry from close, but I believe that many of us can sacrifice that for smooth experience.

It resolved for me stutter during: ammo picking, fast driving, flying, big fights. Everything is butter like after this. I don't believe it will be solved anytime soon, so.. go ahead and try.

My rig: 6800k@4.2/1080Ti/16GB/SSDs for system and uplay and game/ 2K 165Hz monitor with GSYNC - I was getting drops from 120 to 50 -60, GPU was not receiving data for half a second in different occasions, in this same frame time there was some data movement on drive C: where the Uplay folder is located, like game was loosing focus for a moment because something prioritized was happening. I'm not sure what is it, maybe saving, maybe DENUOVO, maybe both, maybe devs don't care ;)

I tried that 3 days ago not working for me.

Specs: gtx 1070 g1 gigabyte
i7 6700k
16gb ddr4

Settings: maxed out

Fps: 85-110
avg: 95

Hulio225
03-31-2018, 05:36 PM

Look for:
Change:

Tried that couple days ago, doesn't help...

I never have such high drops, i never have significant FPS drops at all, my average FPS sits at around 118-120 all the time with min FPS drops as low as maybe 90-ish FPS, there are occasions when a lot stuff is going on in terms of graphics where i could drop below 90...

The problem is frame time jumps from, for example, 10ms sporadic to 40ms+ which is like micro-stuttering.

I even know how to force some of it, i made a video which showcases that, when i'm done ill edit this post and attache a link to it.
But its sadly not the only situation where this happens, its just one of a lot cases, the most annoying ones are just sporadic out of the sudden.

EDIT:
HERE YOU GO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONgSAHNWv-0

Leeberte
03-31-2018, 09:31 PM
Yep I have to do update, I was too fast. For sure I have less stutter during ammo picking,fast driving but I still have drops in the moments like on your recording, Just like it is connected with the sound played in the moment of showing popups. But still it is the moment when something is being write/read form my C drive, it is visible on task manager in the moment when Afterburner shows deeps, task manager shows peeks on C drive graph.

very annoying. For sure people playing in 60fps don't see that as this is few fps less for them in that moment, but drop from 120 to 50 is a different story. :/

do you have game and uplay on different drives like me? maybe it is somehow connected...

Hulio225
03-31-2018, 09:46 PM
do you have game and uplay on different drives like me? maybe it is somehow connected...

I have both on a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD... This shouldn't be an issue at all... Last thing ill check is flashing my bios back to pre spectre/meltdown mitigation and ill see if this makes a difference... If this won't help, it is simply the games fault in some way...

EDIT:
Flashing older BIOS (pre Spectre/Meltdown Mitigation) hasn't changed anything.

Dash_RipRock
04-02-2018, 02:47 AM
I had the exact same problem as hulio225 has been talking about (frame spikes whenever any info would come on the screen) and have a somewhat similarly powerful pc (8700k, 1080ti, samsung 500GB NvME drive as well as a couple of samsung ssd`s).

It was first installed on my 250gb samsung pro ssd and i was having the exact same hitches/stutters as previously stated, i then moved the install to my c: drive (samsung NvME) and it was exactly the same.It wasnt until i moved it to my D: drive (an old 3TB seagate HD) and it performed MUCH better than on any of my ssd`s/ Nvme drives.

This happens to be where Uplay is installed on my system and i put FC5 in the uplay folder.It took around 10-20 seconds longer to load up but the stuttering was massively reduced (not completely gone but good enough).

I then copied over my uplay folder with fc5 in it to my 250GB ssd drive to test it again and sure enough it ran as well as it did on the HD but load times were obviously reduced.

So on my system at least it appears you have to have the game in either the same folder or same drive as uplay (i couldnt be bothered trying it in it`s own folder the same drive as uplay ;) ).Would be interesting if everyone who is having the same problem as me has the game installed on a drive which isnt the same as where uplay is installed.

Worth a try if have maybe?

Hulio225
04-02-2018, 03:02 AM
I had the exact same problem as hulio225 has been talking about (frame spikes whenever any info would come on the screen) and have a somewhat similarly powerful pc (8700k, 1080ti, samsung 500GB NvME drive as well as a couple of samsung ssd`s).

It was first installed on my 250gb samsung pro ssd and i was having the exact same hitches/stutters as previously stated, i then moved the install to my c: drive (samsung NvME) and it was exactly the same.It wasnt until i moved it to my D: drive (an old 3TB seagate HD) and it performed MUCH better than on any of my ssd`s/ Nvme drives.

This happens to be where Uplay is installed on my system and i put FC5 in the uplay folder.It took around 10-20 seconds longer to load up but the stuttering was massively reduced (not completely gone but good enough).

I then copied over my uplay folder with fc5 in it to my 250GB ssd drive to test it again and sure enough it ran as well as it did on the HD but load times were obviously reduced.

So on my system at least it appears you have to have the game in either the same folder or same drive as uplay (i couldnt be bothered trying it in it`s own folder the same drive as uplay ;) ).Would be interesting if everyone who is having the same problem as me has the game installed on a drive which isnt the same as where uplay is installed.

Worth a try if have maybe?

hmm ill try top play around with different drives, i also have another samsung sata ssd and several sata HDDs... lets see if it will get better on the other drives which are all worse than the 960 evo nvme ^^

But both were on my evo 960 nvme drive before, but lets see

Soulshot96
04-02-2018, 03:23 AM
hmm ill try top play around with different drives, i also have another samsung sata ssd and several sata HDDs... lets see if it will get better on the other drives which are all worse than the 960 evo nvme ^^

But both were on my evo 960 nvme drive before, but lets see

Please let us know if it helps man.

Hulio225
04-02-2018, 03:33 AM
Please let us know if it helps man.

Had it now on every disk, stays the same :(
But what i have discovered is, that those arrow and pop up stutters are dependent where you are, there are places on the map where those are not present at all... this makes the issue even more ridiculous...

Soulshot96
04-02-2018, 03:47 AM
Thanks for getting back to me about that...shame it doesn't help. Also a shame this game is such a mess.

Hulio225
04-02-2018, 03:51 AM
Thanks for getting back to me about that...shame it doesn't help. Also a shame this game is such a mess.

yeah and sadly most people don't notice that because they play on 60Hz displays and are used to a maximum of 60 FPS or less and therefor the crowd isn't loud enough to be heard...
made another video ill post in a few to showcase what i exactly mean... those devs just need to watch them and they should get a pretty good idea whats going on...

EDIT:

https://youtu.be/5GfpcZtzDJc

another video showcasing the arrow / pop up stutter isn't everywhere

Soulshot96
04-02-2018, 04:02 AM
yeah and sadly most people don't notice that because they play on 60Hz displays and are used to a maximum of 60 FPS or less and therefor the crowd isn't loud enough to be heard...
made another video ill post in a few to showcase what i exactly mean... those devs just need to watch them and they should get a pretty good idea whats going on...

Yep...it's true. I thank you for the effort to showcase this issue to them as well. I definitely don't have a whole lot of faith that Ubi will fix these issues though. Time will tell. I'm going to write up a bug report at least though.

Hulio225
04-02-2018, 04:05 AM
Yep...it's true. I thank you for the effort to showcase this issue to them as well. I definitely don't have a whole lot of faith that Ubi will fix these issues though. Time will tell. I'm going to write up a bug report at least though.

nice, feel free to add my video links as a showcase. and yeah i think we will have to live with that crap... ACO has the same issues or similar ones and FC4 too so yeah...

Nickydo73
04-03-2018, 06:40 PM
It's worth noting that Digital Foundry just did a PC analysis video on Youtube and they mention the hitching that we have described here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOu36SPnHs

Soulshot96
04-03-2018, 07:30 PM
It's worth noting that Digital Foundry just did a PC analysis video on Youtube and they mention the hitching that we have described here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOu36SPnHs

At least one publication is going to at least MENTION it.

bastiaanp
04-30-2018, 12:29 PM
Hi guys,

1080 ti, 8600k and 16 Gb of ram here, I can run pretty much any game on ultra on my 1440p ultra wide at 100hz. Far Cry is the big exception. Although the game runs around 100 fps, I sometimes get huge fps drops/ stutters/ hitches, whatever you want to call it. This seems to be happening randomly throughout the game (it is worse in vehicles), aswell as in the benchmark and even in the menu sometimes. Ubisoft, do something about it!

brhume
04-30-2018, 07:53 PM
Hi,

You can read this for some help/understanding:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1874368-FC5-Game-Optimization?p=13463571#post13463571

TaylorBlakeH
09-29-2018, 07:06 AM
Hi guys,

1080 ti, 8600k and 16 Gb of ram here, I can run pretty much any game on ultra on my 1440p ultra wide at 100hz. Far Cry is the big exception. Although the game runs around 100 fps, I sometimes get huge fps drops/ stutters/ hitches, whatever you want to call it. This seems to be happening randomly throughout the game (it is worse in vehicles), aswell as in the benchmark and even in the menu sometimes. Ubisoft, do something about it!

I'm with you man! I have a 5820K @ 4.6 GHz instead of an 8600K, but otherwise, I overall keep very high, near or above 100 FPS in the game at 3440 x 1440. The problem is that half of the time, the GPU usage is dropping all the way down to 70%. The best place to reproduce this is in Fall's End standing outside the Spread Eagle, looking toward the water tower and school bus in the road.

No doubt the low GPU usage is all connected to the poor frame time inconsistencies and such, but I wish I knew WHY it was happening, as not a single thread is under full load on my CPU when the dips occur so it isn't as simple as a CPU bottleneck unfortunately. People with your CPU and better have the same issues and roughly the same frame rate as those with a lesser CPU like mine or earlier. Another interesting thing is the recent RTX 2000 series benchmarks in this game.... All of the benchmark results at 1440p and lower show the exact same average frame rates once you get to a 1080 or higher, regardless of the CPU being used.

Far Cry games have ALWAYS had these issues with either single threaded pile-ons or low GPU usage and stuttering so I'm guessing it's something very low level in their Dunia engine that can't be fixed and will only die when the Dunia engine does.