PDA

View Full Version : Dpad not working on Xbox One Controller

mrchristianq
03-27-2018, 07:50 AM
I can't get the dpad to work on my Xbox One controller. Everything else on the controller seems to work, but dpad is not responsive. Cant bring up binoculars, etc. Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?

mharris21
03-27-2018, 08:26 AM
Same - Xbox Elite w/ Wireless ****le.

mharris21
03-27-2018, 08:27 AM
Wireless USB Plug

CasualUplay
03-27-2018, 08:54 AM
Exact same problem, also noted that looking at various menus, some options are not showing up such as in the description for controls, certain buttons not showing up.

Secondarily (or maybe primarily) the game is showing my X box One Controller as an X box 360 controller with no apparent options to change anything.

CaptainNDB
03-27-2018, 10:59 AM
I'm having the same issue. Day one and the D-pad isn't responding in order to reach the crafting menus. I've only had the game on for 30 minutes, and already having issues. I've tried different controller configs through Steam, but no luck.

EDIT:
First verified game cache>
Connect you controller>
Then open big picture>
Click far cry 5>
Manage game>
Controller options>
Use steam configuration for non-steam Controllers>
Select (forced off) click ok>
Launch game. Now d-pad should be working.

This worked for me. Make sure you go and find the FORCED OFF option. Otherwise it definitely won't work. It seems something through Far Cry controller recognition might be causing a problem.

j4y10123
03-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Download xpadder and set it up so you have the dpad buttons only on it and than set the keys g to left dpad z to up d pad and etc. Works fine for me now but kinda of sad i have to do it like that.

Ubi-Baron
03-27-2018, 11:46 AM
Thank you for reporting this to us.

Please try verifying the game files via the steps here (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025650/Verify-Game-In-Uplay)/here (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335) and please make sure you've ensured you have the latest updated software for your controller via the steps here (https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/accessories/how-to-update-xbox-one-controller-windows-10).

Which exact Xbox controllers are you using, is it all the Elite one?

Barlinn123
03-27-2018, 12:11 PM
Thank you for reporting this to us.

Please try verifying the game files via the steps here (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025650/Verify-Game-In-Uplay)/here (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335) and please make sure you've ensured you have the latest updated software for your controller via the steps here (https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-windows/accessories/how-to-update-xbox-one-controller-windows-10).

Which exact Xbox controllers are you using, is it all the Elite one?

I,m having the same issues with the regular X One - controller. Will check out your suggestions though:)

sas-soldier1
03-27-2018, 12:26 PM
I,m having the same issues with the regular X One - controller. Will check out your suggestions though:)

Same problem with a PS4 controller. The d pad doesn’t work/regester and reversing while driving

Pokkus
03-27-2018, 02:11 PM
Same issue here. I have a wired 360 controller and the D-pad isn't working. I loaded another game just to check and it works fine. Loaded Far Cry 5 up again and it's still not working. I cannot verify the game via U-play, it just doesn't give me the option to but I have done it on steam and still have the issue.

BrushfireHyena
03-27-2018, 02:24 PM
I'm having the same problem with a 360 Aftershock Glow. Everything works fine except for the D-Pad. Tested it in other games as a controller input tester and it works fine. Game not registering it. Have run in Steam and through UPlay and it's non responsive for both.

jasooskhan
03-27-2018, 02:35 PM
Both xbox and ps4 controllers function fine in Steam and other games but the Dpad does not work at all in Far Cry 5. Great work on the game so far though. Would prefer to not be forced to swap between M/Kb and gamepad during play.

trillbo
03-27-2018, 02:43 PM
Same issue here, xbox one elite controller.

jasooskhan
03-27-2018, 02:45 PM
I was able to map the keyboard keys to the Dpad through controller config in steam under the game before launching. Binos working now at least. Not far enough into the game to know if it gives any further functionality.

mharris21
03-27-2018, 03:18 PM
Yes, Confirmed Wired and Wireless Xbox Elite, and wired Xbox 360 dpads are not functional at all. Work fine in steam config and other games. Just NOT Far Cry 5.

~@

Barlinn123
03-27-2018, 03:24 PM
Same problem with a PS4 controller. The d pad doesn’t work/regester and reversing while driving

Yeah true, reversing/descelerating while driving and flying is broken as well

samsedore149
03-27-2018, 03:31 PM
My xbox 360 Afterglow controllers d-pad is not working as well. Also unable to reverse in vehicle

monkulas
03-27-2018, 04:07 PM
D-pad on my xbox one elite controller doesn't work. Left trigger does not work in vehicles. PS4 and xbox 360 controller d-pad also does not work

RGX-
03-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Same issue with PS4 controller. It worked briefly last night after I exited DS4Win and relied on the built in controller support. My light bar went white and I used my Dual Shock via bluetooth for a few hours without problems - Dpad and all. This morning when I tried to resume my game I had the same issue as everyone else. It seems to be a corrupted driver but i've deleted the controller and reinstalled several times, then re paired via wireless both with and without the game running.

I can configure through Steam and get basic funcionality without the DPad, but it's no fun at all. Can't use GFH or FFH at all, or switch explosives or melee weapons. not to mention driving and flying without reverse or descend options.

Can't believe after the extra time they took on this game that nobody in the office bothered to plug in a gamepad and check if it actually worked. Doesn't bode well for the future. What else didn't they bother to check?

Urgent controller support patch needed. Ubisoft - wake up some developers and get them on this or the reviews will reflect people's disappointment.

xpgeek79
03-27-2018, 04:15 PM
I tried that exactly and it definitely did not work for me, d-pad just remains completely dead in FC5, even when remapped to not be a dpad, using PS4 controller.

cfbosse
03-27-2018, 04:28 PM
I am having the same issues on my PC. My Xbox One controller's D-Pad is not recognized when using Far Cry 5. The keyboard buttons work, but the respective D-Pad buttons on the Xbox One controller do not. Please fix the bug.

monkulas
03-27-2018, 04:46 PM
(Fixed) for me at least.

Connect you controller>
Then open big picture>
Click far cry 5>
Manage game>
Controller options>

cfbosse
03-27-2018, 04:47 PM
Update: Also the left trigger on the Xbox One controller does not work when trying to reverse when inside of vehicles.

Lockaboss
03-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Doing these steps:

Connect you controller>
Then open big picture>
Click far cry 5>
Manage game>
Controller options>

Worked like a charm for me.

Thank you.

exfederalie
03-27-2018, 05:32 PM
Thanks man! Changing steam configuration for non-steam controllers fixed it!

I'm not far enough in the game to drive anything - so can't verify if it affects the ability to use left trigger for reverse in vehicles, but now I can use the d-pad!

----

So after seeing so many people with this issue....I tried my Xbox One S controller, and it turns out the steam configuration fix doesn't work for that controller. But if I go back to my original Xbox one controller the dpad does work with this fix.

So the issue seems tied to Xbox one S controllers and elite controllers (and perhaps other aftermarket controllers).

BrushfireHyena
03-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Sadly, all this did was make my controller not work at all. :( Guess I gotta wait for a patch. For reference, I am using a wired Afterglow 360 controller.

ApstractWretch
03-27-2018, 06:13 PM
hey people. i uploaded a config to steam for controller which changes the dpad buttons to their keyboard counterpart and it works great. so yeah i'v uploaded it to the community..

enjoy.

mrmo123456
03-28-2018, 04:28 AM
how do i find you on steam and find your mapping..

thanks.

guy above post about changing bla in big screen. those instructions gave me a error of . something too tired ot recall said i was cheating. bla.whatever the wrods were ..

Vemi1984
03-28-2018, 04:33 AM
Xbox one elite, several in-game control issues. No Dpad, cannot swap between throwables.

ndsweed86
03-28-2018, 04:52 AM
I can't get the dpad to work on my Xbox One controller. Everything else on the controller seems to work, but dpad is not responsive. Cant bring up binoculars, etc. Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?

This worked for me
Connect you controller>
Then open big picture>
Click far cry 5>
Manage game>
Controller options>
Launch game. Now d-pad should be working. Also reversing now works as well

Rwaffle21
03-28-2018, 06:27 AM
yeah this didnt work for me at all./ still cant use dpad and still cant use LT in vechiles

Dagtar
03-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Same here.

thatDuckie
03-28-2018, 08:31 AM
This worked for me
Connect you controller>
Then open big picture>
Click far cry 5>
Manage game>
Controller options>
Launch game. Now d-pad should be working. Also reversing now works as well

This is kinda sad. All my ubisoft games works on the NVIDIA SHIELD Gamestream. This game unfortunately does not work. DPAD doesn't work. Such a sad release...

RGX-
03-28-2018, 09:06 AM
Might work for Xbox but not for the PS4 Dual Shock - it just disables it.

The best solution I have so far is to add my Uplay version to my Steam library and use it's controller support in big screen mode and remap the DPad to the keyboard buttons for Guns for hire etc.

I've got DPad up mapped to key Z Binoculars, DPad left mapped to G for GFH commands, DPad down is T to throw a rock, and i've set DPad right to H because that scrolls through throwables without entering the weapon wheel. If you want to scroll melee weapons in a similar way you can use =

Anyway, still can't reverse a car of descend in flight, but you can do a lot of the missions this way. I might regard this first playthrough as a trial run and start over again when they finally patch the controls because i've not enjoyed the game with these issues.

Why haven't we heard anything official yet? The game would be fine if they just dumped the buggy controller support and reverted back to the same system as every other Far Cry game before - that all work perfectly for us.

vreid66
03-28-2018, 02:28 PM
xbox360 wired not working..altough works fine on other ubi and steam games

eevalentine
03-28-2018, 02:41 PM
I am using the same Xbox-style controller I use with my other Far Cry games (FC4, Primal, etc.) but Far Cry 5 doesn't even seem to recognize that I have a controller connected to my PC at all.

I've tried verifying my files, uninstalling/reinstalling the game, etc. but nothing seems to work.

This is with the version of the game I pre-ordered directly from Ubisoft and is not one I purchased through Steam, if that makes any difference.

Advice?

eden0266
03-29-2018, 12:31 AM
Are they working on a solution for this problem? It has been days without being able to use the d pad...

MaulScarreign
03-29-2018, 02:23 PM
OMFG IT WORKED! It also changes the in-game buttons to PS4 instead of the default Xbox ones! Thank you so, so, so, much! I spent the majority of last night banging my head against the wall trying to fix it!

BirthSquirt
03-29-2018, 03:39 PM
I'm having the same issue with the xbox 360 controller. How do you release a game and not make sure the most popular controller on PC is working properly, especially when you clearly designed the in-game menus with a controller in mind. Have here been any Ubisoft representatives in here to let us know they are working on fixing this bug? I can't find anywhere to file a ticket for a bug.

monkulas
03-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Made a small guide on getting the d-pad working. May not work for everyone.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1345935769

BirthSquirt
03-30-2018, 12:50 AM
worked like a charm. if you do in while in game, you have to restart the game for it to take effect.

eden0266
03-30-2018, 05:28 AM
worked like a charm. if you do in while in game, you have to restart the game for it to take effect.

Did not work for me. Regardless, of how many times I tried it.

JackRockwell81
03-30-2018, 10:32 AM
I'm having the same issue. Day one and the D-pad isn't responding in order to reach the crafting menus. I've only had the game on for 30 minutes, and already having issues. I've tried different controller configs through Steam, but no luck.

EDIT:
Connect you controller>
Then open big picture>
Click far cry 5>
Manage game>
Controller options>

This worked for me. Make sure you go and find the FORCED OFF option. Otherwise it definitely won't work. It seems something through Far Cry controller recognition might be causing a problem.

This worked for me. It also changed all of the prompts to match my DualShock controller. Thank you.

EnemabagJonez
03-31-2018, 12:37 AM
No luck for me with the suggested solution. Everything but dpad seems to work. I do have a PS4 controller I might try instead.

The controller I tried is a fully updated XBOX ONE S controller.

Zwalraven
03-31-2018, 05:46 AM
None of these suggestions worked for me on Duel Shock 4. This had to be something you guys knew about please fix it ASAP. We PC players deserve a working game as well. We paid just as much as the console people.

RaulO4
03-31-2018, 06:10 AM
question, have UBi been reported on this issue and can we expect this to be patch? or will this be one of those "your fault not ours" thing

Ubi-Baron
03-31-2018, 12:07 PM
We are continuing to look into this issue.

For anyone where the suggested steps aren't working, can you please let us know the following:

Steam or Uplay
Type of Controller used
Any software used with this controller

RaulO4
03-31-2018, 01:31 PM
Steam
Xbox one Bluetooth version
Default MS software

g_tabaco
03-31-2018, 01:48 PM
Steam or Uplay
Type of Controller used

Uplay
360controller
Default MS software

Zwalraven
03-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Steam (makes you install uplay)
PS4 Controller
No Software never needed any for any other game

EnemabagJonez
03-31-2018, 07:05 PM
I managed to get mine working, and complicating matters more, I am even playing through a Steam Link. Dpad now works, and driving vehicles works fine too. I hadn't realized that I needed to restart Steam after changing controller options. For me, again, I'm using an updated XBOX ONE S controller.

What I did was go into settings in steam, and controllers, and checked the xbox (and PS4 while I was there) options, I then restarted Steam. There was some sort of option I had to change in Big Picture itself too in Steam Link's screen, but I forget. I'll get more details and update here later when I get a chance.

dukmiester2
03-31-2018, 07:59 PM
Steam
Logitech F310 in Xinput mode (It has a switch to select from Xinput to DirectInput, I use Xinput)
No special software

Might I remind, according to here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000034077/Supported-peripherals-in-Far-Cry-5-FC5/

Far Cry 5 is supposed to OFFICIALLY support ANY Xinput gamepad:

"
QUESTION: What controllers are supported in Far Cry 5 on PC? ANSWER:

Here is a list of supported controllers that you can use with Far Cry 5 on PC.

Supported gamepads:

Microsoft Xbox One Controller
DUALSHOCK 4 Controller
XInput gamepads

Erityiststlija
03-31-2018, 09:38 PM
Steam
Razer Raiju
Razer XInput driver

A bit more info in my reply to another thread. (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1861245-Gamepad-problem-kinda-fixed?p=13414025#post13414025)

scatman839
03-31-2018, 10:53 PM
Uplay via a steam shortcut
DS4
None for this game, using steams controller support

Zwalraven
03-31-2018, 11:43 PM

EDIT:
Connect you controller>
Then open big picture>
Click far cry 5>
Manage game>
Controller options>

The only way this works is on a wired controller.

EnemabagJonez
04-01-2018, 01:12 AM
I managed to get mine working, and complicating matters more, I am even playing through a Steam Link. Dpad now works, and driving vehicles works fine too. I hadn't realized that I needed to restart Steam after changing controller options. For me, again, I'm using an updated XBOX ONE S controller.

What I did was go into settings in steam, and controllers, and checked the xbox (and PS4 while I was there) options, I then restarted Steam. There was some sort of option I had to change in Big Picture itself too in Steam Link's screen, but I forget. I'll get more details and update here later when I get a chance.

So more details here..

My setup:
- Playing through a Steam Link (which complicates matters, rather than making them easier.. so if you don't have a Steam Link, it should work even easier)
- Using an XBOX ONE S Wireless Controller that has been updated (firmware update done while hooked up to XBOX ONE S) and is connected to the Steam Link via Bluetooth

In Steam on PC:
- Steam->Settings->Controller->General Controller Settings .
- Check Xbox Configuration Support.
- I also checked off PS4 Configuration Support while there in case I ever use a Dual Shock controller.
- Back out of that screen (go back in and ensure that the change is still there)
- Hit OK to apply. It should prompt that a restart of Steam is necessary... do that.

I then launched Steam Link, and it actually popped up some message about using an XBOX One controller. I can see when I go in Settings->Controller, it even says it there under Detected Controllers: "Xbox One Controller: Xbox One Controller".

I did not calibrate or identify from this screen or otherwise change any settings in the Steam Link that I recall.

I also happen to have an XBOX One controller plugged in to the PC that happens to be running Steam, but not sure that's playing any part in this.

Everything works for me... d-pad.. vehicle controls. No issues at all.

EnemabagJonez
04-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Actually, I just realized that I used the "Forced Off" option as explained by a previous poster, which I'm guessing ignores the Xbox Configuration Support I checked off. That Forced Off didn't work for me, initially, however, but after doing all the fudging around like those checkboxes and restarting Steam, that's when it started to work (plus the plugging in of an XBOX One Controller on my Steam PC, but not sure if that fooled the Steam Link in some way).

EnemabagJonez
04-01-2018, 01:29 AM
Actually, I just realized that I used the "Forced Off" option as explained by a previous poster, which I'm guessing ignores the Xbox Configuration Support I checked off. That Forced Off didn't work for me, initially, however, but after doing all the fudging around like those checkboxes and restarting Steam, that's when it started to work (plus the plugging in of an XBOX One Controller on my Steam PC, but not sure if that fooled the Steam Link in some way).

For Steam Link users...

Sorry to be a dummy here and make a bunch of posts. I wish there was an edit or delete button on posts here (any mods feel free to delete my older posts). I just discovered that the controller plugged in to my PC running Steam is the key for the Steam Link working.

So for Steam Link users, it seems that I got it working by the following:
- In Big Picture, open Manage Shortcut on Far Cry 5..
- Go to Controller Options
- Change "Use Steam Configuration for Non-Steam Controllers" option to Forced Off. Might need to restart Steam itself on the PC after doing it, or even do this on PC.
- Have an XBOX One controller plugged into the PC running Steam (in my case it's a regular XBOX One controller plugged in via USB)
- You can use an XBOX One Controller on Steam Link now.. in my case, an XBOX One S controller with firmware fully updated.

Zwalraven
04-01-2018, 04:41 AM
For Steam Link users...

Sorry to be a dummy here and make a bunch of posts. I wish there was an edit or delete button on posts here (any mods feel free to delete my older posts). I just discovered that the controller plugged in to my PC running Steam is the key for the Steam Link working.

So for Steam Link users, it seems that I got it working by the following:
- In Big Picture, open Manage Shortcut on Far Cry 5..
- Go to Controller Options
- Change "Use Steam Configuration for Non-Steam Controllers" option to Forced Off. Might need to restart Steam itself on the PC after doing it, or even do this on PC.
- Have an XBOX One controller plugged into the PC running Steam (in my case it's a regular XBOX One controller plugged in via USB)
- You can use an XBOX One Controller on Steam Link now.. in my case, an XBOX One S controller with firmware fully updated.

Sadly this did not work for me,.only the Controller hardwired to the PC works when using 2 PS4 Controllers. Ubisoft really should fix this it's shameful. I should have read these forums I would have bought it on PS4.

hushnecampus
04-01-2018, 12:43 PM
• Bought in Uplay, launched from Steam
• Steam Controller
• Steam

I suppose I’ll have to play with keyboard bindings for now, which is crap as you lose analogue movement :(

Zwalraven
04-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Ok guys, got it working w a catch. It works wired if you use the turn force off on Big picture right at you PC, no problems. If you want to play it w steam link w PS4 controller you need two, one to wire into your PC via USB, and another wired from the link via USB. One catch. You have to buy virtual here to get it to work. Do I think you should have to do all this UBISOFT! No not at all, but I wanted the game I paid for so I paid more. So that's my micro transaction, but steam got in not you! Hope this helps someone! It even gives you the PS4 button scheme.

RaulO4
04-01-2018, 08:26 PM
dont let this thread get buried,
how do you screw the basic which is control input :/

at least they optimize Far cry this time though.

kamildrapi
04-01-2018, 11:33 PM
Steam (makes you install uplay)
PS4 Controller, X box controller, Steam Controller
No Software never needed any for any other game.

D pad not working and revers/break.

Morty-89
04-02-2018, 03:56 PM
Own the game on Uplay. Controller not working at all when launching through Uplay. When launching through Steam it works, except for the d-pad, which is not working at all. Use the DS4 controller wirelessly. Have not tried wired yet. Have tried the suggested "forced off" option, without success.

A lot of people on several forums having this issue,
Please fix this as i'd like to start playing the game i paid for. If there was a refund or sell button i would press it, wait and see if it gets fixed. Unfortunately there's not.

azurean888
04-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Same problem here:

- PC windows 8
- Xbox Wireless Controller
- Far Cry 5 purchased on Steam

No D-pad function or Reverse gear on vehicles..

Deckeight
04-02-2018, 05:57 PM
1. Connect one xbox controller to host computer (pc running game)

2. Connect second xbox controller to steamlink

3. In steam "Big Picture" mode:

Click Far Cry 5>

Manage game>

Controller options>

4. Run game.

monkeyskatese
04-02-2018, 05:59 PM
I am also not able to get the d-pad working on eithter the PS4 controller or the Steam controller.

I bought the game from Steam
I am not using any additional controller software
experiencing the issue with DS4 and Steam Controller

racecar73
04-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Uplay

Razer Sabertooth

Standard Driver

Works perfectly fine with all other games. No issues with FC4, AC Unity, Division, WildLands, Siege, or AC Origins.

Absolutely nothing when I run FC5.

exfederalie
04-03-2018, 04:44 AM
Steam on Windows 10 with a Xbox One S controller through bluetooth

Worked perfectly fine with Assassins Creed Origins

No d-pad or reverse for vehicles

ffxpwns
04-04-2018, 02:05 AM
Same issue with D-Pad and driving.

The issue is present through the Steam Link with a wireless or wired DS4 or Xbox controller. Wired DS4 controller without the steam link works, but the Xbox controller still doesn't.

Purchased FC5 via Steam.

RaulO4
04-04-2018, 09:14 AM
any word about a fix from ubi yet?

CasualUplay
04-04-2018, 02:58 PM
UbiSoft, it has been over a week now, I know that may seem like a short time, but this would in theory be a "small" problem.

Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, 4, and Primal all use what appears to be a similar architecture on the surface and all work perfectly with a controller (from my experiences with those games). Even Far Cry 2 works fine, tho it does seem to have a different set up on a surface level compared to the other games. So why is it, that you cannot/have not fixed this issue yet? If this had happened on a console, you would have fixed it day one because otherwise you would have had a riot on your hands from all the dissatisfied customers that could not use mainline features of their game due to no mapping for the D-Pad and vehicle breaking controls...

Stop treating the PC users as third rate and FIX THIS NOW!

ffxpwns
04-05-2018, 02:43 AM
Hey now, getting pissed off just makes us seem whiny. The devs probably aren't reading this, so why yell at a media relations person?

Anyway, I'm also a dev (not for Ubi, of course) and I agree that this is very frustrating. Obviously I don't know what internal changes have been made to Dunia recently, but it does seem very strange that this problem only effects FC 5 (I've tried the same setup with FC4 and 3 and it works as expected). I just wish that there'd be some form of acknowledgement from Ubisoft. Even a "we're aware of the issue and are working on it" would be great.

boissevain10
04-05-2018, 09:47 AM
I seem to be having the same issue with my DS4 controllers, dpad seems to be not working when launching through steam also the left triggers for some strange reason do not work while inside a vehicle! I've never had a simular problem in any previous Far Cry game... Ugh, I wish this game (which is great) had as much support as AC Origins did...

RickyRico1980
04-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Hey now, getting pissed off just makes us seem whiny. The devs probably aren't reading this, so why yell at a media relations person?

Anyway, I'm also a dev (not for Ubi, of course) and I agree that this is very frustrating. Obviously I don't know what internal changes have been made to Dunia recently, but it does seem very strange that this problem only effects FC 5 (I've tried the same setup with FC4 and 3 and it works as expected). I just wish that there'd be some form of acknowledgement from Ubisoft. Even a "we're aware of the issue and are working on it" would be great.

They did in this topic few posts back, asking for more use cases.

I have the same issue, dpad, no reverse on vehicles, no B ( down ) on helicopters.
I have the issue with a 360 and Xbox one controller, both on direct usb don-gle and both via my steam link. No issue with this same setup on FC4, FC3, Primal and Blood Dragon.

Another thing to note is that on vehicles where you get driving instructions there is no button icon next to the text "reverse", and on choppers the B for descend text is also missing.

jonp300
04-06-2018, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the help!

MrVain22
04-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Purchased through Steam
Windows 10
Xbox 360 Controller (I know it's not "officially" supported but it damn well should be)

Please get this fixed asap. Unable to enjoy this game on my 4K TV via Samsung Steam Link App

I'm using user modified controller configs for now to get the dpad kinda working using a mix of keyboard bindings and Xinput bindings.

The vehicle drive reverse things works if you switch the gamepad driving controls to shooter. Which means you control accelerate and reverse using the left stick... which sucks.

JElliott89
04-07-2018, 10:15 PM
same problem, would really like to use my controller...

ffxpwns
04-08-2018, 04:11 PM

For anyone where the suggested steps aren't working, can you please let us know the following:

Steam or Uplay
Type of Controller used

Any update?

redknight4
04-08-2018, 08:11 PM
steam(purchased)+uplay since steam has to launch it to launch the game
controller logitech f310
x-input mode not being recognized at all though d-input mode works fine is the weird thing
(it does get partially recognized without the d-pad via steam big picture mode controller settings meant for a steam controller
they might want to look at the x-input profile for far cry 5 and compare it to the one for ac-origins since my f310 controller does get recognized in x-input mode in that game

doritooo
04-09-2018, 08:38 AM
glad i'm not having that problem!!! but it realy sucks if you do...

RaulO4
04-09-2018, 09:12 PM
i got my controller fixed by using the Microsoft wireless receiver.

also, a new update and...nothing about fixing the controller issue...well done UBI

madevilbeats
04-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Uplay through Steamlink
Playstation DS4 controller
No software for controller, it is recognized as DS4 directly by the Steamlink

Same problem as described by others - no working Dpad at anytime and missing prompt for driving related task of braking (lowering altitude for helicopters).

ealbenze
04-10-2018, 04:29 PM
I bought Far Cry 5 on Pc through UPlay, controller is not recognized, I also AC: Origins and it works great launching through Uplay.. and all other Uplay like Far Cry 4 and Primal work fine. If I load Steam and add Far Cry 5 as a game, i can launch it through Steam, it recognizes the Controller, but the D-Pad and Reverse does not work. Also it make my game stutter every 2 seconds even on low settings, but when i use Keyboard and Mouse, i can max out the settings without one stutter. So it's gotta be a Game controller mapping issue. Tried all 3 controllers. no luck. Very disappointing this is not fixed yet, I've played every Far Cry game with a Xbox controller, so i refuse to play with a KB/M for this game. Please advise us when or if this is going to be fixed, if not i'm refunding the game. -Eric

jonjon602
04-11-2018, 02:46 AM
Beyond the cursory acknowledgement of the bug, I'm disappointed that Ubisoft hasn't done more to communicate with their customers about the timing of potential fixes.

shadowboy813
04-11-2018, 07:28 AM

Steam or Uplay
Type of Controller used

Steam
Steam Controller
Steam

PascalDS
04-11-2018, 09:15 AM
Bought trough steam
Xbox One (wired + wireless)
Devault MS Drivers

joao.mov
04-11-2018, 12:39 PM
It's a shame. I really wanted to play this game. I've played them all. Can't go back to keyboard and mouse. I'm getting a refund. You'de think they would worry about bad programing during production of the game. But guess not. It's 2018 and this controller issue is embaracing. I can't believe there is actually a guy for Ubisoft tech support responding to peoples' "My **** don't work". Just to say: "Yeah, that controller is not supported" or that they "will fix the issue". The issue is that i have a 120€ controller, that works in every game, and the game only recognizes a ****ty 18€ gamepad i have. What a joke. I jumped through so many hoops to buy the game with Pay Safe Card (wich is going down, by the way. Stay away from it. Most sites where you buy game lost the option to buy with pay safe card), and when i launched the game, the most ridiculous thing happened.... Your controller, which you used to launch the game by pressing the A button, on U-Play, doesn't seem to work. **** you PC master race. Biggest mistake of my life not getting the PS4, instead of the GTX 1060.

PascalDS
04-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Dear Ubisoft Dev. Team:

after a lot of hours searching and a lot trial and error i found this out!

for me the main problem is Steam Big Picture mode. When i turn off BigPicture Mode and play on my PC the Controller works like it should.

But with Steam Link it doesnt!

I have read that if u use steam link you have to connect 1 Xbox Controller with the main PC and a 2nd Xbox Controller with steam link to fix this problem. But i only have 1 controller.

So the main goal for you should be to fix the problems with Steam Big Picture Mode and their Controller Setups

MrVain22
04-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeah I am hoping they know that much already... But I hear of people having that problem even if they bought it through Uplay... I can't get my Xbox One/X360 or any Xinput controller to work at the moment. Even the Steam controller.

PascalDS
04-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Maybe the people that bought it through Uplay still are running steam in the background

PascalDS
04-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Dear Dev. Team.

Please give us a reply if your working on this problem. Its terrible to play with controller.

thedoode365
04-14-2018, 07:31 PM
Like all the others, I'm having the same issue

Using Steam on Windows 7
DS4 Controller, Bluetooth connection
No external software / DS4Windows

The only time I could get the controller to work flawlessly was with Jay2Kings DS4Windows program, but the only way I could get it to work properly is if I had it launch with admin privileges BEFORE I launched the game through Steam, BEFORE Uplay was running. But, in doing this, the game would take FOREVER to launch, close, and even alt-tabbing was an agonizing wait.
While searching for a fix, I found out that DS4Windows had been forked by Ryochan7 with regular updates (Link: https://ryochan7.github.io/ds4windows-site/). Using that fork, the game no longer takes ages to launch, but I'm back to square one with no d-pad and no brake/reverse in vehicles.
I've tried different configs, and I've also tried the Forced Off option in Steam Big Picture for non-Steam controllers, no dice.

PascalDS
04-16-2018, 10:50 PM
@Ubisoft Dev. Team:

Pleas answer this Question: How can i play Far Cry 5 throught Steam Link with any Controller (i tried XBOX one; DS3 and Logitech Gamepad) all Controller had the same problem, no DPAD functionality.

It shouldnt be too hard to answer this question; i tried a lot of stuff and read through couple of internet discussions

Pleas finally HELP me; im a big fan of the Far Cry series but this makes me getting more and more anoied.

And hearing nothing from you about this problem makes it even worth

rd_aus
04-17-2018, 12:34 PM
Same issue as everyone else. Windows 10. Have tried launching through Steam and Uplay, with all suggested settings from this forum. Have tried both Xbox One controller and PS4 controller. Nothing. Have opened case with Ubisoft who have sent three useless, copy and pasted responses. Any chance of a refund given the Xbox One controller was listed as supported?

Swilley121
04-17-2018, 04:08 PM
how do you verify the game cache

PascalDS
04-17-2018, 04:26 PM
its not possible to verify the game when you bought it through steam

ore can i???

ffxpwns
04-18-2018, 01:53 AM
Here's at least some sort of confirmation https://i.imgur.com/jB3xGwb.png

Morty-89
04-18-2018, 08:47 PM
After weeks of waiting for a response (which is fine, bound to be tons of questions from frustrated people after a big launch), i finally got one.
Guess what? Just a copy and pasted answer. Not a single word about this problem.
When this issue seems to affect anyone trying to play with a wireless controller, the least the person could do is acknowledge the problem before copy and pasting anything..

ffxpwns
04-28-2018, 04:34 PM
Keeping this thread alive. This is still a problem and I just want to play the game with a controller

maxigg
04-28-2018, 11:31 PM
Yes, I want to play with steam controller and dpad!!!!!! (and reverse and all the buttons).

UbiMorning
04-29-2018, 12:21 AM
Hey guys! As I mentioned in this post (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1861158-Dpad-won-t-work/page3), here is a possible workaround for any Steam users:
- First verified game cache
- Connect you controller
- Then open Big Picture Mode
- Click FC5
- Manage game
- Controller options
- Use steam configuration for non-steam Controller
- Select (forced off) Click OK
- Launch game. Now d-pad should be working.
As shown in the screenshot from Twitter, we are aware of this issue and are planning to patch it in a future update. Thanks for your reports and your concern. We appreciate your patience as we are working on this issue.

starscreamx86
04-29-2018, 02:56 AM
These methods just do not work. I have played the game 140hours perfectly fine with my xbox one s controller until my hdd died causing me to swap in another drive and doing a clean install of windows. Now that fc5 is back installed and operational my DPAD does not work. I have the xbox accessory app and it is updated. Big picture mode recognizes the dpad, other games as well. Only Fc5 chooses to be the issue. I have yet to see anyone mention their controller was working then stopped.

Big picture mode forced OFF makes the controller stop working 100%.

bender_6584
04-30-2018, 12:14 AM
Just keeping this thread alive...why??? Why not...

JeezyWeezy
05-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Damn bruh i hope u will fix it plzz

ubi--unicorn
05-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Hey guys, is this still occurring after today's patch?

exfederalie
05-01-2018, 10:35 PM
D pad works now! But still no reverse in vehicles. Might be good enough of a patch to beat the game now.

trigon77
05-02-2018, 06:01 PM
D pad works great! Unfortunately reverse still broken

redknight4
05-02-2018, 10:32 PM
it seems this game officially fully supports d-input and not x-input controllers since the last update. i finished the sp campaign using d-input mode on my f-310 an it was a pain in the arse with the 1, 2, 3, 4 buttons promts sinc the controller has x-input buttons and after this patch they still haven't fixed the problem so I'm just going to uninstall and not care about mp

JS51472
05-06-2018, 09:14 PM
I'd also like to know about this. From the sounds of it, the last patch fixed the dpad, but not the left trigger? I'd like it if it was completely functional by the time Steam sale comes around, so I can test it again, now that I have an xbox one controller.

I wish there was a vehicle to drive right away in the game, to be able to test it without having to go through hours of other stuff, and running over steams 2 hour refund limit.

Anyway, could we please get news on when the next patch is coming, and if the broken controller support will be totally fixed in it?

ubi--unicorn
05-07-2018, 09:00 PM
If you're experiencing issues with reverse, please create a ticket (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New) so we can collect information.

BigEtrain
06-04-2018, 03:16 AM
Using Xbox One S controller... I have corrected the no vehicle reverse issue. Playing via Steam go to Steam settings and uncheck the Xbox controller support. Check generic gamepad support. restart Farcry 5 and reverse should work.

Ghetzi71
06-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Using Xbox One S controller... I have corrected the no vehicle reverse issue. Playing via Steam go to Steam settings and uncheck the Xbox controller support. Check generic gamepad support. restart Farcry 5 and reverse should work.

Did it also resolve the issue of not being able to descend in helicopters? That has the same issue as reverse in vehicles. Regardless, I will give it another shot and see. Thanks for posting.

videogamelover1
07-08-2018, 07:05 AM
Hello,

Im having similar trouble as others with both my standard and elite Xbox one controllers which are connected wirelessly with the official adapter, the lower left trigger (L2) won’t work in vehicles but work normally when on foot for aiming. Also the game won’t recognize my Xbox one controllers at all unless I have “Xbox configuration” support enabled in steam controller settings. Is there any current workaround or patch coming?:confused:

As you can see the on screen button icon for reverse is also missing....

https://i.imgur.com

[IMG]https://imgur.com/9xQJvyG

https://imgur.com/9xQJvyGhttps://imgur.com/9xQJvyG