PDA

View Full Version : "Error: Snowshoe-67C4DC3A" and "Error: Granite-2000000"

Iormangund
03-27-2018, 02:27 AM
These two errors make the game completely unplayable.

Error Granite comes up after the intro and then again after selecting character gender, black screen forever after the error pops up while error Snowshoe comes up when you use arcade or in game party.

So far I have tried pretty much everything. For example I have completely uninstalling and reinstalling uplay, game, eac, directx, vcredist etc, offline play, admin mode and a few more I forget. Nothing has made any difference. The closest I can get to playing the game is running the benchmark, that's the only thing that works so far.

Benchmark sequence is nice, but not 70 bucks nice.

Anyone have any clue what on earth this error is about?

K20aPowered
03-27-2018, 06:39 AM
Yup, i got the same error.

Error Snowshoe-9E42873B

Cant access Single Player or Arcade.

Bug happens the loading screen after selecting Gender.

mojo2890
03-27-2018, 06:51 AM
I had the same error when running the game through Steam. I tried running FarCry5.exe as Administrator from the 'Steam\steamapps\common\FarCry5\bin' folder, able to start a new game without any problems. Hope this helps!

BagOfChiups
03-27-2018, 07:41 AM
After playing for awhile, the game will disconnect and wont let me start back up without completely closing the game and opening it back up. The only problem is that it deletes my save and i have to keep starting from the beginning. WTF! Ubisoft, help pls.

Quadrapole
03-27-2018, 08:14 AM
Yep, I'm getting the same snowshoe garbage error when trying to play co-op with my brother

Paid $70 CAD each to be a beta tester for ubisoft again

Never gonna get ripped off by this crappy company again and rating this garbage 1 on metacritic

Primal was garbage, watch dog had same release day BS. This is the final straw and they're doing it to the only good game ubisoft has left.

Played farcry 1 all the way to this garbage, but now I'll just wait until its cheap garbage on humble bundle and buy it for cheap rather than pay full retail and get ripped off by this company again.

mrkuru89
03-27-2018, 10:35 AM
same Error: Snowshoe-67C4DC3A here

oscie89
03-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Yeah, me too, i play through steam and i got part way through the game and it just sent me straight back to the main menu. i clicked continue but the Error:Granite 2000000 or Error Snowshoe came up, i restarted the game and couldn't continue the game, only start a new one. :(

hopefully Ubisoft can fix it

flyingazn
03-27-2018, 06:32 PM
You first need to complete the first island (i.e. all main story missions. Once you climb the radio tower and are greeted with a cut-scene, you will be prompted with a message that states that all online features are now available. Then and only then can you play co-op with someone else. It took me a while to figure that out, but that was my hunch...Ubisoft does need to fix their cryptic message...wtf even is a "Snowshoe" error LOL.

ubi--unicorn
03-27-2018, 07:08 PM
Hey guys, what flyingazn is correct! However, if you have completed the first island and gotten that message and are still getting this error, these steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000033898/) may help. If they do not, please create a ticket (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New)with MSINFO/DXDIAG (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/Details/kA030000000emSbCAI?name=how-to-submit-dxdiag-and-msinfo-files) and a screenshot of your forwarded ports. (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000024619)

Ratuhfication
03-27-2018, 10:17 PM
I was playing and all of a sudden it popped up saying there’s a problem with your saved games, to play you’ll need to delete and sync them again.m and then clicking cancel it goes to the error:granite - 2000000 screen and won’t let me get past the title screen, everything was going smooth until this. Also Xbox one console

Cams00n
03-31-2018, 05:21 PM
Finally after four days of trying i got it... What I did step by step:

1. Go to Uplay Settings and TURN OFF Cloud Save Synchronization
2. Go to Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher and DELETE savegames file
3. Run the game AS ADMINISTRATOR from FarCry5.exe (directly from the Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Far Cry 5/bin folder)

You will have to play the game from the very beginning, to create a new local save files (local means they wont upload to Cloud) but without the Granite - 2000000 error.
You also have to keep the settings as they are and run as administrator every time.

Hope it works for you guys as well!

Good Luck and have fun playing.

FilthyCasual04
03-31-2018, 08:47 PM
I cant find FarCry5.exe

Cams00n
04-01-2018, 05:23 PM
It should be in the install directory, by default:
C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Far Cry 5/bin

StewMonteith
04-01-2018, 09:55 PM
Do you have a solution to the same issue on the Xbox one?

3. Run the game AS ADMINISTRATOR from FarCry5.exe (directly from the Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Far Cry 5/bin folder)

You will have to play the game from the very beginning, to create a new local save files (local means they wont upload to Cloud) but without the Granite - 2000000 error.
You also have to keep the settings as they are and run as administrator every time.

Kaztu_Kirigaya
04-01-2018, 11:18 PM

Thank You for finding this at least i can now play the game again:/

BUT
Ubisoft this isnt done yet it cant be that your community have to find workarounds to your Forkups i mean it is obviously a server based problem!

Fafa-sama
04-02-2018, 12:46 AM

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Serenity8566
04-02-2018, 11:44 AM
I get this message trying to load a started game.I have tried everything.... I guess I could keep the game on until I have finished it.

Thats_Godly
04-03-2018, 01:49 AM
I ran it as administrator and it deleted all my data, what the hell

NoCompass
04-05-2018, 04:01 AM
I've been kicked out of the game a dozen times. The screen says:

ERROR
Far Cry 5 requires you to be signed in to a profile.
You have been returned to the title screen.

error:snowsho-doa4780b

The cycle is log in, continue the game, and in 5 to 60 minutes I'm told good bye and the above error message is displayed. WTF. This is the only game I've ever experienced this kind of problem with. The ball is in your court UBISOFT.

Johnson9191
04-14-2018, 01:52 PM
I also keep getting this Granite 2000000 error. I bought the game when it first came out and played through no problem whatsoever ~32 hours. Then I started to play through again a week ago on hard difficulty and after about 10 hours play, I kept getting that error message, and so could not continue on, all saved games lost, only option given was to start a new game! I looked online, some said you should disable cloud saves so I did that. Started the game yet again and had to go through that damn boring loooonnnngg opening montage (seriously Ubisoft, why make us have to sit through that 30 minute opening with NO option to skip????). So 2 hours in from restarting the game, with no cloud save enabled, I quit the game and when I go to continue, the same damn Granite 2000000 error again, means I cannot continue yet again! There are no saved games to continue from!!

I have verified files and everything is ok. This is absolute BS Ubisoft!! Why haven't you fixed this yet and why is there no communication yet about this? This is a game breaking bug, people cannot continue their games and you are being very quiet about this.

I don't know whether Ubisoft have been hacked or what seeing as it was working fine on release then suddenly many started getting this error message but I don't appreciate the lack of open communication from Ubisoft in what is a pretty massive bug.

Ubisoft need to put a message up on the Far Cry 5 website about this and let people know what is going on with regards to this error and give a date when this will be FIXED, people are wasting countless hours for no reason.

sunejoergensen
04-15-2018, 07:38 AM
I just lost 26 h of gameplay.
This just happen at game start after a few days not playing. No problems or craches until then.
Tried to resync to cloud did not work.
Tried to disable cloud did not work.
Tried some other save game found on internet and got cranite-200000 error.

I want a fix or refund!!!

A fix could be this if Ubisoft has NO backup of our savegame:
Make some (minimum seven) working savegames available e.g one where Jacob and John has been defeated so I can re-start Faith regions.
All Perks and money should be unused.
Then I would only loose a few hours.

sunejoergensen
04-15-2018, 07:43 AM
I had 138 h in Assassin's Creed Origins with NO problems, so it CAN work, but NOT in Far Cry 5.

Arys64
04-19-2018, 07:12 PM
I just had the granite error and what fix it for me was that I have my Documents folder on an external drive. This drive was disconnected, I reconnected it and all my saves and data was still there. Now I don't have that issue anymore.

ThEbLaCkmAmBasS
04-20-2018, 01:37 AM
This game is full of bugs . the no save game is the worse bug i ever see for a too early trowed game on the market. The question is : Are we now paying more than 70$ for games not tested enough and compagny like ubi use us for beta or alpha test for saving money.? I understand now why hacker didnt paid for anticipated games. For me its the last time i buy a start=up game. i'll wait couple of month now...

ThEbLaCkmAmBasS
04-20-2018, 01:51 AM
AFTER MAKING MY OWN, (Waiste 10 hours of gameplay,) INVESTIGATION IVE FOUND IF YOUR SAVE YOU GAMES IN MY DOCUMENT IT WORK.FOR ME.

Chimichanga2102
04-20-2018, 09:32 PM
A 3 days ago I get the Error Granite 2000000 and then I see that I've lost my 4h of gameplay. Then I started a new game and invest the same time in it. When I realice that my second gameplay didn't save I was so frustrated. Yesterday, I started another one until save the first island, I clicked Save in EscMenu like 3 times and I wait for the "..." of the top right of the screen go out for quit the game. But now I started the game and I cant see any of my gameplays saved, anyone. Pls, I spent my money in a game that we cant advanve in it? Another thing is put "skip cinematics" cause the start cinematic I just see it like 5 times, Im feeling pissed out with this ****.

kkmmnn85
04-21-2018, 12:22 AM
Sorry to tell you but there is no fix and Ubi hasn't acknowledged the issue or explained what it is. I have put over 40 hours into the game, 2 separate saves on Hard both around 70% complete and both lost to the granite error. Every fix I have seen thus far is just assumption. People with their save on an external drive, people with the save not in documents folder, etc etc. I have tested every single configuration I can think of, over 5 hours in running the introduction to Dutch's island to immediately be met with a granite error when I save and exit to main menu.

The game is unplayable and I wouldn't trust any "fix" until Ubi acknowledges this issue and patches it on their end. The second save I had was with John and Faith cleared and a chunk of Jacobs cleared when I was met with the same error after following the supposed "fix".

It's not worth your time.

UbiMorning
04-21-2018, 12:26 AM
Hi guys! We have forwarded this issue to the development team and we are currently looking into it. Please make sure that the drive you installed Uplay on has enough Space.

If you have enough space, we would like to suggest you the following steps, which may help:
- Make sure Uplay is completely exited out, which can include exiting from your system tray if you opted to have Uplay run in the background when pressing the window X
- Go to the save game folder below and delete it after making a backup:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<UPLAYID>\4311 (Steam)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<UPLAYID>\1803 (Uplay)
- Open Uplay as administrator, then disable the overlay and cloud save
- Launch Far Cry 5 and play until your reach an autosave.
- Exit the game, re-enable cloud saves and the overlay and restart Uplay.
- When the game starts back up, you will get a message about which save to use. Make sure to select the local save, not the cloud game save. Uplay will then update with the local save.

Let us know if this helps!

G00n2006
04-21-2018, 08:15 AM
It actually worked for me now. Thank you. But 11 hours of gameplay is lost :( the saved games i copied, do not work :( Oh well , atleast we can still play. I hope that error do not occur again and lose my saved games.

RE: Do not copy the old saved games - or the problem comes back

Johnson9191
04-21-2018, 11:13 AM
When is the first autosave? Do we have to go all the way to Dutch island or does it autosave before that?

G00n2006
04-21-2018, 11:27 AM
First autosave is when you jump off the chopper to go make an arrest

Johnson9191
04-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Ok thanks. This appears to be working now. I have played for 45 mins and it seems I can continue my saved games. I will keep checking.

erikstrait
04-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Hi guys! We have forwarded this issue to the development team and we are currently looking into it. Please make sure that the drive you installed Uplay on has enough Space.

If you have enough space, we would like to suggest you the following steps, which may help:
- Make sure Uplay is completely exited out, which can include exiting from your system tray if you opted to have Uplay run in the background when pressing the window X
- Go to the save game folder below and delete it after making a backup:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<UPLAYID>\4311 (Steam)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<UPLAYID>\1803 (Uplay)
- Open Uplay as administrator, then disable the overlay and cloud save
- Launch Far Cry 5 and play until your reach an autosave.
- Exit the game, re-enable cloud saves and the overlay and restart Uplay.
- When the game starts back up, you will get a message about which save to use. Make sure to select the local save, not the cloud game save. Uplay will then update with the local save.

Let us know if this helps!

HOLY S**T!!! FINALLY A WORKING & SAVING GAME.

This worked for me. About time a good work around actually works. I have spent SO many hours trying everything. I have played all morning and I have saved several times, closed it, reopened and it saved. Only 1 month and 20+ hours wasted. :/ at least it is working now.

FYI: My saved games doesn't have an 1803 folder, or any other folder besides that 4311..

Thanks

WickedWizardPro
04-23-2018, 09:14 PM
I have the same problem. started my 5th save game yesterday, today it got granite error. I won't start a 5th until ubisoft has fixed this.

ubi--unicorn
04-23-2018, 09:24 PM
If the workaround doesn't help, please create a ticket (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New).

Johnson9191
04-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Although it seems to be working so far, I am wary since its not a patch, just a resetting of the cloud save feature. Ubisoft haven't actually said they've fixed anything their end, in fact in another thread, they said they are still working on this.... so who knows what will happen!!

ubi--unicorn
04-24-2018, 09:32 PM
Johnson9191, we are working on this, but this is a workaround in the meantime.

Johnson9191
05-09-2018, 05:02 PM
This has just happened to me again :mad: I followed the reset instructions given by Ubisoft support here on the forum and I played another week no problem, but it just happened again. Had completed 2 regions and half way through Holland Valley. Damn Ubisoft, you why haven't you fixed this yet??? This is the worst game breaking bug ever and even after over a month, you haven't fixed it.

WickedWizardPro
05-11-2018, 10:31 AM
I've also had this problem for a while now. I have given up on this game. It feels like Ubisoft has either more important things to do, or they have completely given up because it was too hard to fix.

sunejoergensen
05-16-2018, 10:48 AM
I have the exact same problem.

Still waiting for any news or solutions.

Why can't Ubisoft make some savegames with the different regions solved...

WickedWizardPro
05-21-2018, 06:18 PM
It's been months now since this issue started happening to people, and still no response from Ubisoft, or a patch/fix. They haven't even mentioned this in the ''known issues thread'! Last time i spend 100 euros on a ubisoft game!

Ubi-Baron
05-22-2018, 09:35 AM
We are still looking into this issue, but there's a workaround posted earlier in this thread,

Please try the steps here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1859791-quot-Error-Snowshoe-67C4DC3A-quot-and-quot-Error-Granite-2000000-quot?p=13455240&viewfull=1#post13455240) to see if this helps with your issue.

Thank you

Connor100000000
06-01-2018, 03:47 AM
I found another workaround that worked for me:

1. Run Uplay as administrator

2. Settings: Disable Cloud save

3. Restart computer

4. Run Far cry 5 as administrator

5. Cry that your save can't be brought back

Bam i got my game to work but only because i disable the cloud save, so i lost my progress but now i can play. hopes this helps.

WickedWizardPro
06-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Connor100000000 that didn't work. I ran far cry 5 from the uplay which i had launched as an administrator, still no luck.

Connor100000000
06-04-2018, 11:02 PM
oh sorry I forgot to mention I installed the game on another drive maybe those two together