PDA

View Full Version : Is the Season Pass content already known? And Requirements?

OUTL4W-.-
03-26-2018, 03:55 PM
I need to know the content of the season pass to know what version to buy.
If only they are going to include more cars like in The Crew 1 I'm not interested, But if they are going to include more playable content, more map, more specializations then I will buy the season pass.

Ubi-Rich
03-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Hey Outl4w,

We have not announced the contents of the Season Pass for The Crew 2, but thanks for the feedback!

Stay tuned for more information!

OUTL4W-.-
03-27-2018, 12:38 PM
And system requirements. Three months left until the launch, it should be known

SZRT_CIC_Ice
05-20-2018, 10:32 AM
When will we know this? I'd really like to get my pre-order out of the way, but I have no idea what the Season Pass consists of, or for how long it will supply content. Please give details soon so people can make their orders.

DatWut
05-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Some of the recent vehicle-list videos have shown which cars are labelled as Season Pass Exclusive, however, if other content is included is unknown.

SZRT_CIC_Ice
05-20-2018, 11:11 AM
So it's just vehicles currently?

DatWut
05-20-2018, 11:51 AM
So far, aye. Though I'd guess around E3 we will get further info.

m1crobra1n
05-20-2018, 11:54 AM
So it's just vehicles currently?

Dont expect more then only car packs. Like the first game had only car packs and like test drive unlimited had only car packs.
These cars in car packs were not even good or better then in the standard game.

But well i wont be buying this game anyways cause i dont like plane games or boat games and seems like these are in the story missions so i wont be able to complete the story of the game when i will be blocked with races i just hate to play.

Oscar97o
05-20-2018, 03:26 PM
Dont expect more then only car packs. Like the first game had only car packs and like test drive unlimited had only car packs.
These cars in car packs were not even good or better then in the standard game.

But well i wont be buying this game anyways cause i dont like plane games or boat games and seems like these are in the story missions so i wont be able to complete the story of the game when i will be blocked with races i just hate to play.

You can only complete the street racing and off-road families if you hate boats and planes that much...

As for the season pass, we've seen that some vehicles are season pass exclusives, but like the 12C and the 458 Speciale in TC1, there will probably be other DLC packs later on. They will probably only add vehicles though.

RamJETz
05-21-2018, 07:17 AM
I was hoping Season Pass would include other more detailed areas opened up within the map, such as more off -road dirt bike tracks or special canyon run style circuits for the 4WD vehicles. Much like the very first Forza Horizon did.

This would make the Season Pass much more appealing / enticing than simply more vehicle packs as personally that does not interest me at all.

PIauze
06-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Hey Outl4w,

We have not announced the contents of the Season Pass for The Crew 2, but thanks for the feedback!

Stay tuned for more information!

Uhm the Closed Beta is over now. E3 is starting next Week and the Release is only around three Weeks ahead. So im tuned, but i cant see anything! News?

Ubi-Boat
06-04-2018, 11:54 PM
Uhm the Closed Beta is over now. E3 is starting next Week and the Release is only around three Weeks ahead. So im tuned, but i cant see anything! News?

With E3 being one of the biggest gaming events of the year, there will definitely be a lot of information being revealed there. I would definitely try and tune into that, Plauze!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Hi Guys, please take a look here https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/the-crew-2/en-gb/season-pass/index.aspx

Kind Regards

OUTL4W-.-
06-06-2018, 06:00 PM
This is a joke?

Early access to 22 cars, which can be purchased seven days after?
3 exclusive cars?
20% discount to the in-game store
One house
2 outfits.

this for 30 dollars/euros????
you are laughing at the players

dethforce666
06-06-2018, 06:50 PM
i'll agree - just ordered the motor edition and then this news.

the season pass is a joke, - an expensive joke. drei cars, some other cr*p and 2 cars? the grinding didnt seem to much in the beta, so the 20% vip discount isnt needed? for 40€ it isnt much...

OUTL4W-.-
06-06-2018, 07:05 PM
In the first day of closed beta, I gathering 1.500.000 bucks without straining. What do I want a 20% discount for the in-game shop if is so easy to make money?
For what I want early access for cars if I can purchase them 7 days after?
I don't care that all the players have access to these cars, but there should be more content for the season pass, just what is paid for it.
This is an insult and a scam

droptheghost
06-06-2018, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the The Crew Additional Content Price Policy or Rubbish in short.

I am Crew 1 owner and player and the same has happened with the first game, Season Pass is absolutely worthless, it is merely a Car Pass.

My recommendation:
- buy the barest version of the game (the cheapest edition)
- buy only the expansion packs (like Wild Run in the first game, honestly, until now I have not and I will not buy the second one, it is...well, rubbish).

But, honestly, let's mention the main fun and open-world racing series - Forza Horizon - their DLC policy (and pricing) is even more ridiculous and the Crew still has a big edge on the world size and variety of environments...even though now there is NO icy mountain roads and that is a bummer...no more beautiful sliding tandems by random players grouping on well-known tight turns sections.

OUTL4W-.-
06-06-2018, 07:39 PM
I am Crew 1 player too, and the season pass of The Crew 1, being very short, still it has more content because the car packs are exclusives. Now are 3 cars and one house, hahahahhaha, is ridiculous.

TheKc_504
06-06-2018, 10:55 PM
Cant believe i coughed up $100 for this.

wwwwwwwwjd
06-07-2018, 02:20 AM
its listed on the GOLD EDITION but I can't find anything about it.

Is this a buy new license every year style game?

Stanlalee
06-07-2018, 02:46 AM
I preordered the gold edition thinking that it'll just be like most other racing games where each pack will come with maybe 3-6 cars each time, to hear this that most of the dlc cars will be free eventually doesn't make me feel confident that the gold edition is worth the extra amount compared to the deluxe edition. I'll be certain to change my preorder to a more basic edition. Its a great plan for the community definitely to go with this business model but for the person whose shelling out the extra money, doesn't feel like I'm getting my moneys worth. Hopefully if it does follow the rainbow 6 model then hopefully year 2 would have better dlc content thats exclusive to season pass holders then i'll be sure to reconsider for year 2.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Hi wwwwwwwwjd, you can find more details about the Season Pass here https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/the-crew-2/en-gb/season-pass/index.aspx and in the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=Ycwq2gIinrw

Kind Regards

TJ136
06-07-2018, 11:01 AM
So
Season pass...
3 exclusive cars.
Early Access. to cars and maybe content?

That's it?
I remember that in TC1 had WR and TAU both were "free" for season pass holders, and now all content will be free updates?

So what's the point of season pass being 40$ then?

DatWut
06-07-2018, 11:08 AM
I remember that in TC1 had WR and TAU both were "free" for season pass holders, and now all content will be free updates?

That is incorrect, neither Wild Run nor Calling All Units were part of the season pass. You had to buy them separately while now all the additional contents are free.
Besides, who knows what else the Season Pass will bring. A Season Pass lasts for a year, and so far we've only seen the contents for the next 6 months.

TJ136
06-07-2018, 11:08 AM
So here is my thoughts after seeing the timeline.

3 exclusive cars. (Okay that's nice)
22 other cars 7 days earlier. (Like a week would hurt me)
20% off In-game things. (Best feature)
3 days earlier to play at launch. (Eh I could wait until actual day)

That's it?

40$ for just early access and 20% off?
Where is the DLC content that is "included"?
If everything is going to be "free" in updates why is the Season pass so much for something so little?

SpaceJim12
06-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Well, now we can say, that Iwory Tower are a little...set us up.
They hide details about Season Pass for so long, and now they just say "All content will be free now!"

Not good, guys.
Still, I think I do not cancel my pre-order, to change Gold Edition for Standart.

But I have one question. If this Season Pass same as for R6 and For Honor, so the new cars we will get 7 days earlier and for free? Or we should buy it first in game?

SpaceJim12
06-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Devs really need some features for Season Pass members.
I have some ideas:

1. Real mirrors in cockpit view, only for SP members
2. Missels for planes only for SP members
3. Yacht as a house and garage for SP members only

Well, now seriouse. I deffenetly agree that devs ****ed up. They should give players this info waaaay earlier, than 3 weeks before release. A lot of people made their decidion buy or not after closed beta, and while beta was awesome, I think, more Gold Edition pre-orders happend. Me, as well, pre-ordered Gold Edition after Beta. And than devs feels free to reveal the truth about SP. This is bad policy and I hope they will figure out some more cool things for extra price of Gold Edition.

DT-MadManCK
06-07-2018, 12:33 PM
First of all, thanks for sharing the new content and upcoming expansions of Crew2.

However, i have some concerns about selling time exclusives as Season Pass content.
The 3 days early access and the 7 days time exclusive on new cars are a nice Gold Edition "premium" bonus, but can not be capitalized and sold as Season Pass content. Only 3 exclusive DLC cars for Season Pass holders is a ripp-off you will not get away with.
If this does not change, many will ask for Gold Edition refunds and go for the more basic versions of Crew2. :mad:

Just a thought.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Hi Guys, so there seems to be a bit of confusion to the Season Pass exclusives.

Season Pass owners get;

22 post launch vehicles for free + 7 days early access to them
20% in game discount
An exclusive home location
2 exclusive outfits

https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/the-crew-2/en-gb/season-pass/index.aspx

TheKc_504
06-07-2018, 01:34 PM
The 22 cars for free is definately something that was overlookd by all. Including myself. Still kinda poopy that we dont’t know what that includs exactly. As previous games announces everything in their season pass, not just “some cars” instead of saying like “GMC Syclone, Mustang 5.0”

DT-MadManCK
06-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Free "in-game". Still no exclusives.

Current season pass value is more like 9,99$ :p

DreamofaUnicorn
06-07-2018, 02:09 PM
I ordered gold edtion several months ealier(on steam), for I love the game by heart and soul. But the news of the season pass really depressed me. It's fraudulant to title it as Season Pass. For me,palying ahead means nothing. I can play extra time to earn mony to buy cars I want, thus geting free cars is meaningless.I think many gold edition holders have the same opnion as me. The outfits, IMHO is ugly. The only thing rest I care is the appearance of home. But we just know we have them, not how thet look like.Also an extra home for $40? It doesn't value so much. I'll wait until something i satisfied with is announced, like new maps(Alaska?Hawaii?), otherwise I'll ask for a refund and order the basic edtion. It's not wise to lose money and left a bad impression on customers. We'll see what you will do.

TheKc_504
06-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Free "in-game". Still no exclusives.

Current season pass value is more like 9,99$ :p

Its funny, because (i know this isnt the best example) but Shark Cards for R* a $10 Shark Card, MIGHT get you one of those cars. And they are giving you 22 of them, for free.

Lunytrickz
06-07-2018, 02:13 PM
U say "free" for season pass,
so those without season pass have to buy them after those 7 day's with CC ?
or can they just buy them with ingame money ? if so: THAT's a Ripp-off !
i'll probably play the game every day a few hours, so ingame $ will not be a problem
the because in TC1 i just bought every car as there was an eazy acces list for every klass
now i'll stick to my favo's as i don't wanna skipp 200 cars in 1 long line before i get to the planes :nonchalance:

OUTL4W-.-
06-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Hi Guys, so there seems to be a bit of confusion to the Season Pass exclusives.

Season Pass owners get;

20% in game discount
2 exclusive outfits

https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/the-crew-2/en-gb/season-pass/index.aspx

All players knew that the cars with early access would be free for season pass, this explanation doesn't change anything.
Please, change the plains for season pass add exclusive content in the next months, many players want buy the gold and motor edition but not with this content, more content don't are pay to win, it's simply more content, add watercrafts, quads, motogp like the touring car events, and similar things. Only with a new discipline I buy the gold edition gladly.

DT-MadManCK
06-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Unless all the others have to buy these cars with CC (real money).

But so far i only see them become available 7 days later for all. And a little grind to buy them will not be an issue for most players.

CC packs are sold, with even 99€ packs available... Soufyanes hidden pay wall? :p

At least the in-game "loot boxes" are free. EA's bashing might have woken up others. :D

SpaceJim12
06-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Season Pass owners get;

20% in game discount
2 exclusive outfits

About this "home location".
It's mean everyone without Season Pass have Maimi appartment and with Season Pass you have another appartment somewhere else?
Or this mean we could choose home location in-game and SP users have one more exclusive place for home?

SpaceJim12
06-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Its funny, because (i know this isnt the best example) but Shark Cards for R* a $10 Shark Card, MIGHT get you one of those cars. And they are giving you 22 of them, for free.

Good example, btw. I think Crew 2 will change GTA V for me in needs that I have in this game. Cause you even can't grind money there, and you haven't get new cars just buy single Shark Card.
And still people buy it again and again, so...

OUTL4W-.-
06-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Unless all the others have to buy these cars with CC (real money).

But so far i only see them become available 7 days later for all. And a little grind to buy them will not be an issue for most players.

CC packs are sold, with even 99€ packs available... Soufyanes hidden pay wall? :p

At least the in-game "loot boxes" are free. EA's bashing might have woken up others. :D

They said that the new cars will be bought with game money if don't have the season pass, with bucks.

OUTL4W-.-
06-07-2018, 02:42 PM
About this "home location".
It's mean everyone without Season Pass have Maimi appartment and with Season Pass you have another appartment somewhere else?
Or this mean we could choose home location in-game and SP users have one more exclusive place for home?

No, don't have an extra house, you have your house in a place that you choose from several available, new york, las vegas, los angeles, for example.

DatWut
06-07-2018, 02:43 PM
My two cents on this discussion:
No matter how Ubi (or any gamedev for this matter) does it, it's wrong:

Free content for everyone with Season Pass owners getting early access -> complaints about "not enough for the money"
Exclusive content for Season Pass owners -> complaints about the game being pay to win.

There is no good way to do it. I did order the Season Pass and I don't regret it at all.
And lastly: the video shows only the first 6 months after release, not the full year (a Season Pass lasts a full year), so who knows what else we get, maybe there will be a bit more exclusive content in the next year while the Season Pass remains active.

DT-MadManCK
06-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Maybe partly true, but for a Season Pass to be worth getting, the dev team need to bring the goods.

I have already seen some cool suggestions in this thread.:cool:

Here a few more;

An exclusive Car or cars each month for Season Pass holders. On top of the cars for everybody.
New locations or game modes with 1 month early access
A Gold VIP lobby with exclusive events, only for Gold members
The option to upload or request custom car stickers or logo's

Etc etc.

This has nothing to do with pay to win, but simply with value for money. Time exclusives won't cut it.

If you inlcude stuff like this, more players would consider buying a Season Pass.
. :cool:

OUTL4W-.-
06-07-2018, 03:55 PM

Free content for everyone with Season Pass owners getting early access -> complaints about "not enough for the money"
Exclusive content for Season Pass owners -> complaints about the game being pay to win.

There is no good way to do it. I did order the Season Pass and I don't regret it at all.
And lastly: the video shows only the first 6 months after release, not the full year (a Season Pass lasts a full year), so who knows what else we get, maybe there will be a bit more exclusive content in the next year while the Season Pass remains active.

The pay to win in The Crew 1 only based on the ferrai 458 circuit car and Abarth monster truck, because are a overpowered car and easy turned and the monster was unbeatable, all expert players in PVP winning with 458. No more feature gave the pay to win, stickers and colours aren't pay to win.

The real content, as more missions, events, disciplines aren't pay to win, and the exclusive cars if they are balanced would not be pay to win. But ohhh surprise! the season pass have 3 exclusive cars, like The Crew 1 and the deluxe and superior version have the Abarth monster truck, but no the standard version. Then, deluxe and superior version is pay to win for monster trucks??? And if the porsche 1993 is overpowered like the Crew 1 Ferrai 458 is pay to win???

Stop deceiving people with the pay to win excuse.
More missions, exclusive events and disciplines aren't pay to win, not lie. The season pass content of The Division and Wildlands aren't pay to win, and here expand the gameplay with season pass.

TheKc_504
06-07-2018, 04:06 PM
I pay to have fun. So if that means less time grinding the same races over and over, and more time having fun with my friends. Than so be it.

SpaceJim12
06-07-2018, 05:10 PM

Nobody said about "pay-to-win"
But we honestly could use some exclusive content.
Good idea here is one more exclusive vehicle every month. Let's say it will cost 10$ for non-Season Pass owners, and free for SP owners. So you now could see worth. 12 exclusive cars for 40$ now with preorder, or same 12 cars for 120$ during first year. Good deal here.

And about how to made it right. They could say about Season Pass content with release pre-order like...year ago. So everybody know what they get, and decided buy or not. But give this info now, when release aroun 3 weeks, is vilely.
But if they say about content year ago, selling of Season Pass would be very low. So it's greedy+stupid, I guess.

DatWut
06-07-2018, 05:20 PM
The pay to win in The Crew 1 only based on the ferrai 458 circuit car and Abarth monster truck, because are a overpowered car and easy turned and the monster was unbeatable, all expert players in PVP winning with 458. No more feature gave the pay to win, stickers and colours aren't pay to win.

The real content, as more missions, events, disciplines aren't pay to win, and the exclusive cars if they are balanced would not be pay to win. But ohhh surprise! the season pass have 3 exclusive cars, like The Crew 1 and the deluxe and superior version have the Abarth monster truck, but no the standard version. Then, deluxe and superior version is pay to win for monster trucks??? And if the porsche 1993 is overpowered like the Crew 1 Ferrai 458 is pay to win???

Stop deceiving people with the pay to win excuse.
More missions, exclusive events and disciplines aren't pay to win, not lie. The season pass content of The Division and Wildlands aren't pay to win, and here expand the gameplay with season pass.
I am not trying to deceive anyone. Let me rephrase: if there is paid-only/Season Pass exclusive content, a big mount of people will complain either way because "you need to pay extra money to get the full game experience".

VoidMantra
06-07-2018, 06:19 PM
"I am not trying to deceive anyone. Let me rephrase: if there is paid-only/Season Pass exclusive content, a big mount of people will complain either way because "you need to pay extra money to get the full game experience"."

There's is already a 3 vehicules exclusive pack for season pass holder, so that argument is not valid. What we, season pass holder, want is value for our money and it's absolutely NOT the case here.

wwwwwwwwjd
06-07-2018, 07:31 PM
A guy in this thread (UBI Employee?) states:

Season Pass owners get;
22 post launch vehicles for free COMMA + 7 days early access to them

while the website says:

+ 7 days early access to 22 post launch vehicles

One sounds like we get 22 vehicles "FREE", and the other 7 DAYS EARLY ACCESS to 22 more vehicles.

Those are not the same.

Which is it?

DatWut
06-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Each month, 2 new vehicles will be released. Season Pass owners get those 7 days before all other players and don't need to play anything for them (free). Any "normal" player gets the cars later and they have to buy them in the game (either with Bucks or with Crew Credits).

Caelum_NL
06-12-2018, 03:45 PM
I am not trying to deceive anyone. Let me rephrase: if there is paid-only/Season Pass exclusive content, a big mount of people will complain either way because "you need to pay extra money to get the full game experience".

Well, seasonpass holders do pay between 50 and 100% extra for the game. It's not strange that they want to have their money's worth out of it.

Earmack
06-14-2018, 09:05 AM
Hello Ubisoft.
Thx for the great game, I like the crew 2...the crew 1 spent tons of time)
But about season pass...i will pass...coz i dont feel its worth it for me...pay 40$ for 3 EXCLUSIVE cars...im really not interesting.

This is first game from Ubisoft (with my favourite company who make games) i not buy GOLD/ULTIMATE version.
You must to reconsider name "season pass" to something like VIP pass or else, so people not confused and not troll later u in twitter/community pages.

SpaceJim12
06-14-2018, 11:01 AM
I really hoped Ubi would show something on E3. But they went for conference just to announced Open Beta. It's strange. Still hope to see new information for Season Pass before game release. Two weeks left...

ChiroVette
06-14-2018, 11:23 AM
I really hoped Ubi would show something on E3. But they went for conference just to announced Open Beta. It's strange. Still hope to see new information for Season Pass before game release. Two weeks left...

Regarding what was shown on E3, I have to tacitly take Ubi (and Ivory Tower's) defense on this one. There is a catch-22 that happens with pre-release information. Take a game like Spider-Man PS4, by INSOMNIAC, coming this Fall. For the past 18 months, information was coming in drips and drabs and there wasn't a huge amount of it available. So with the game only 3 months away, E3 was huge for hyping it up.

But with The Crew 2, Ubisoft has released a ton of information before this E3, as well as huge amounts of gameplay videos and a Closed Bata, with the Open Beta coming in a week. The point I am making is that when so much information is released BEFORE E3, then E3 itself becomes anticlimactic as a showcase. You really have to ask yourself, what more could they have shows us at E3 that we haven't already seen without completely spoiling the game?

The Season Pass I completely agree with you on. I too hope they fatten up what is arguably a very anemic season pass for what they are charging. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever paying for extra content, Gold/Extended Editions, Season Passes, and whatnot. But when a company tries to gouge their customers for almost DOUBLE the full retail price of a game and gives such paltry content in exchange, I have to roll my eyes.

SpaceJim12
06-14-2018, 11:49 AM
Regarding what was shown on E3, I have to tacitly take Ubi (and Ivory Tower's) defense on this one. There is a catch-22 that happens with pre-release information. Take a game like Spider-Man PS4, by INSOMNIAC, coming this Fall. For the past 18 months, information was coming in drips and drabs and there wasn't a huge amount of it available. So with the game only 3 months away, E3 was huge for hyping it up.

But with The Crew 2, Ubisoft has released a ton of information before this E3, as well as huge amounts of gameplay videos and a Closed Bata, with the Open Beta coming in a week. The point I am making is that when so much information is released BEFORE E3, then E3 itself becomes anticlimactic as a showcase. You really have to ask yourself, what more could they have shows us at E3 that we haven't already seen without completely spoiling the game?

The Season Pass I completely agree with you on. I too hope they fatten up what is arguably a very anemic season pass for what they are charging. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever paying for extra content, Gold/Extended Editions, Season Passes, and whatnot. But when a company tries to gouge their customers for almost DOUBLE the full retail price of a game and gives such paltry content in exchange, I have to roll my eyes.

So what the point to go on E3 at all? I mean, everyone who look for the game would know about Open Beta with or without E3 announcement. And after all this confusion and negative things happend with Season Pass information, I think I'm not the only one who waited more things about Season Pass stuff on E3.

Still, I'm not gonna refund my Gold Edition. I buy not so many games, cause have very limited time to play, so I could use my 20% discount, early access etc. to enjoy the game. Anyway, I think devs made a huge mistake, when hide details of Season Pass for so long.

ChiroVette
06-14-2018, 01:23 PM
So what the point to go on E3 at all? I mean, everyone who look for the game would know about Open Beta with or without E3 announcement.

Simple. With the game launching a few weeks after E3, Ubsift had to at least make the obligatory E3 appearance for the game. It would have been silly not to, even with little to show after all the info that has been released, and even if it was nothing more than the short glorified commercial it was.

And after all this confusion and negative things happend with Season Pass information, I think I'm not the only one who waited more things about Season Pass stuff on E3.

Still, I'm not gonna refund my Gold Edition. I buy not so many games, cause have very limited time to play, so I could use my 20% discount, early access etc. to enjoy the game. Anyway, I think devs made a huge mistake, when hide details of Season Pass for so long.

I agree with your second point that they could and should have used E3 to clarify what, if anything, is going to be in the SP that was not already announced.

Which leads me to believe that the answer to that is NOTHING. Right or wrong, based on the evidence to date, I am operating under the presumption that what has already been advertised to be in the Gold package and SP is all that's going to be in it. So if that is good enough for you to not demand a refund, then its your money and nobody has the right to tell you how to spend it.

For me, I am going to play the open Beta, but since like I I really want the 20% in game currency discount, I am going to wait to buy the game. A few weeks, a month, or however long it takes for that "Gold" Season Pass package to come down to a reasonable price.

SpaceJim12
06-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Simple. With the game launching a few weeks after E3, Ubsift had to at least make the obligatory E3 appearance for the game. It would have been silly not to, even with little to show after all the info that has been released, and even if it was nothing more than the short glorified commercial it was.

Well, new trailer was good, anyway. But with their video editor anyone can made it.=)
I saw one video, that would sold game to me, if I still haven't pre-order.
https://youtu.be/UNRz8lxBxqQ

Which leads me to believe that the answer to that is NOTHING. Right or wrong, based on the evidence to date, I am operating under the presumption that what has already been advertised to be in the Gold package and SP is all that's going to be in it. So if that is good enough for you to not demand a refund, then its your money and nobody has the right to tell you how to spend it.

Well, as one of my friend said, it's no way that Ivory Tower could sell this DLCs. Gator Rush don't look like DLC if compared it to Calling All Units and Wild Run. Maybe, this is the reason why they decided to not sell it at all, and made new cheap content for Season Pass.

ChiroVette
06-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Well, as one of my friend said, it's no way that Ivory Tower could sell this DLCs. Gator Rush don't look like DLC if compared it to Calling All Units and Wild Run. Maybe, this is the reason why they decided to not sell it at all, and made new cheap content for Season Pass.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? I am not sure what you're saying.

SpaceJim12
06-14-2018, 05:00 PM
Can you clarify what you mean by this? I am not sure what you're saying.

According to video about first year of the game, I don't think Gator Rush (first DLC) will have not so much content. So, i think, Ivory Tower decided to not offer it like pay-to-play DLC. But it's all just random minds and speculations. We could know for sure in september.

DatWut
06-14-2018, 05:08 PM
Gator Rush is going to be an entirely new discipline with new vehicles (5 if I understood correctly). Let us assume it will have 6 events. Given you will need to level a Hovercraft and can also drive the events on hard, I would say it would have made good pay-content. Though hiding new events behind a paywall, especially so shortly after release, would have made a lot of players angry.

I see the Season Pass, as others have mentioned, as a "VIP Pass" as well as Ivory Tower's fundraiser for further game development. Additional licenses after the first year, working-hours, etc.

ChiroVette
06-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Gator Rush is going to be an entirely new discipline with new vehicles (5 if I understood correctly). Let us assume it will have 6 events.

I am very new to this franchise, so I have literally no idea what this means. I don't quite understand what "Gator Rush" is even though I read the SP description, and I don't know what "new discipline" means.

Given you will need to level a Hovercraft and can also drive the events on hard, I would say it would have made good pay-content. Though hiding new events behind a paywall, especially so shortly after release, would have made a lot of players angry.

Look, I realize this is a conundrum. Many people, myself included, consider things like Day1 DLC to be tacky. I also know that there is always, as you are sort of hinting at, the unspoken presumption that when paid content in the form of DLC/IAP/microtransactions comes out so soon after the game launches, that the devs are "holding back" content to sell later, content that should have been in the initial release of the game. And, yes, when content releases in days or a week or two, I think this is a well founded concern.

But if you look at games like GTA IV and its DLC, The Episodes From Liberty City, or Saint's Row's MANY DLC's in SR2, 3, and IV, as well as many others, I think that the pattern is clear that there is a sort of unspoken agreement that if content is kind of started at the launch of a game but will not be ready until some later date, then selling it, and to use your words, "locking content behind a paywall" is perfectly fair.

Look, with all of the mobile Freemium games selling ridiculous amounts of IAP and using their intrinsically corrupt "pay to win" strategy, I see your point. But I think that when Ivory Tower creates content like more gameplay, more missions, a mission-pack or add on, and that content has a staggered release months after the game launches, THAT is a robust season pass.

We can agree to disagree about the anemic Season Pass being offered for this game, and I respect all opinions, including those who choose to buy the Gold package. But for me, its a real turn off.

I see the Season Pass, as others have mentioned, as a "VIP Pass" as well as Ivory Tower's fundraiser for further game development. Additional licenses after the first year, working-hours, etc.

lol Sorry, but no. I see my BUYING the game as sufficient contribution to Ivory Tower's fundraising for further game development. Additional licenses after the first year, working-hours, etc..

I'm silly that way. :D

DatWut
06-14-2018, 06:44 PM
I am very new to this franchise, so I have literally no idea what this means. I don't quite understand what "Gator Rush" is even though I read the SP description, and I don't know what "new discipline" means.

Disciplines are the different type of events you can partake in in The Crew 2, such as Drift, Motocross, Touring Cars, Street Race, etc. 3 months after the game's release, the first content-patch is going to hit The Crew 2 (called Live update) which will include a new discipline. Generally, every 3 months they plan to include a new gameplay feature and a new gamemode/discipline. "Gator Rush" is going to be races with Hovercrafts.
As you are new to this, maybe this video will be of interest for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aabYdSgN12I

lol Sorry, but no. I see my BUYING the game as sufficient contribution to Ivory Tower's fundraising for further game development. Additional licenses after the first year, working-hours, etc..

I'm silly that way. :D

I do get behind that, but what you pay is the released product, not what they have planned for the future. And some car licenses are more expensive than others, so additional money from stuff like Season Passes can come in quite handy.

BigShot1
06-14-2018, 07:06 PM
And some car licenses are more expensive than others, so additional money from stuff like Season Passes can come in quite handy.

nuthin for nuthin but... If they sold a MINIMUM of 2 million units of the Crew1 (which they have), that equates to around 1.2 BILLION dollars in revenue (thats without any DLC or season passes sold). If you figure it cost them even 100 million to produce and market there's still PLENTY left over for licensing, payroll, over-time, legal fees, and whatever else including further R & D for future versions. That is already figured in WITHOUT the need for paid DLC. They do NOT need the money, it's pure greed fed by the consumer market. Afterall,, educated consumers are your worst customers...apparently :-)

ChiroVette
06-14-2018, 08:05 PM
I do get behind that, but what you pay is the released product, not what they have planned for the future. And some car licenses are more expensive than others, so additional money from stuff like Season Passes can come in quite handy.

I actually agree with most of what you are saying here. But I also think BigShot1 brings up an interesting point. Let me answer both at the same time below.

By the way as soon as I am done with this post, I will watch the video you posted, thanks!

nuthin for nuthin but... If they sold a MINIMUM of 2 million units of the Crew1 (which they have), that equates to around 1.2 BILLION dollars in revenue (thats without any DLC or season passes sold). If you figure it cost them even 100 million to produce and market there's still PLENTY left over for licensing, payroll, over-time, legal fees, and whatever else including further R & D for future versions. That is already figured in WITHOUT the need for paid DLC. They do NOT need the money, it's pure greed fed by the consumer market. Afterall,, educated consumers are your worst customers...apparently :-)

This is the unfortunate outgrowth of the unprecedented success of freemium games on mobile platforms. Many freemium games are based on an intrinsically corrupt business model of constant updates, paywalls, and pay to win corporate thuggery. Gameloft, the makers of Spider-Man Unlimited, are major culprits in these shenanigans, but are no means alone. Kiloo Games, makers of Subway Surfers, are an example of an HONEST company that has monetized their game/app with IAP in a reasonable and fair way.

The problem is, now that console and PC developers have seen how much money there is to be made with microtransactions like IAP in a freemium model, they are, in effect, double-dipping. See, the reason unscrupulous Freemium devs get away with their thuggery is because they hide behind the fact that the game itself is "free to download and free to play." So as bad as it is, at least they don't charge for the game itself. But now that console and PC game dev companies are getting on board, they are charging both on the front end and the back end. Where Freemium devs only charge on the back end. (And no this is not a euphemism for being anally raped lol)

Look at the loot boxes for some of the full games. EA has become notorious for charging full price for their games and then trying to cultivate "whales" just like freemium devs have been doing. By the way, whales is an industry term and you can Google it to see just how horrible and predatory these companies get to ensnare, addict, and squeeze thousands of dollars from these e-junkies. So I won't elucidate here.

Suffice it to say it is BAD. There are actually studies and a plethora of research available to freemium companies to really get at the purse strings of whales.

By the way, in Ubisoft and Ivory Tower's defense, they are NOT doing that with The Crew 2. I don't agree with the Gold Package, and I am going to as a result wait for a sale on it to pay a "reasonable" price for it. But even disagreeing with how they are implementing it in TC2, this DOES NOT rise to the level of the kind of horrifying moral bankruptcy of these freemium devs and console/PC publishers who are preying on their players. Not even close. So I have to give Ubisoft credit for some restraint on this front. Hell, even Take2 and Rockstar have been "harpooning the whales" with GTAO and its incredibly profitable Shark Cards. But I digress. DLC is different for a lot of reasons, by the way.

So this is why, while I disagree with DaWut about some onus being on us to "fund future games and licenses" for the exact reasons you delineated above. I can also see his point. I think that this is Ubisoft's attempt to dip their feet into the Freemium market, and try and slip this one by us, hoping we don't notice that their Season Pass is not even close to being worth almost the price of the full game. But to their credit, Ubisoft is only wetting their beaks, like Don Fanucci, in these filthy waters. They are not wading hip-deep into them with TC2, like Rockstar, EA, Gameloft, and a ton of other unscrupulous developers.

I hope this makes sense and isn't just me rambling. Well, it is me rambling, but hopefully I am also making a point here lol.

SpaceJim12
06-15-2018, 10:42 AM

Well, for this needs they have to add microtransections. There are only three ways to make mony from game-as-service.
1. Sell game itself, than sell DLC content couple times in a year, and add some free stuff and events between this DLCs
2. Sell game and than sell game currency packs or lootboxes, but let take all content for free in game.
3. Sell game, sell DLCs with content and combined it with lootboxes and/or game currency packs

As we can see, the last one are most unpopular. Look what happend with Destiny 2 in this terms. Crew 2 will pick up second way. We have Crew Coins packs, we can buy vehicles for it. But with this model, you can't offer season pass. The closest example is For Honor. It's have a second way of monetization, but had a Season Pass as well. But For Honor devs don't hide the information about it. Players knew they have all content for free, they knew, that season pass only gives you DLC chars for free (in game currency) and a week earlier, than others. So, clear as clear. If someone bought a Season Pass, he exactly know what he will get.
With Crew 2 we see another situation. No info at all about post-release support and DLCs content. No info about Season Pass content. And after a year of silence devs showed up and said "Hey, you don't need to pay for DLCs anymore and you don't need Season Pass, you know". That just not good.
I just hope this free content will not become to "free DLCs" of GTA V Online. The prices for new vehicles and properties there are so ridiculously high, that average player can't buy it without Shark Card.

BigShot1
06-15-2018, 12:58 PM
I just hope this free content will not become to "free DLCs" of GTA V Online. The prices for new vehicles and properties there are so ridiculously high, that average player can't buy it without Shark Card.

Oh?, locked in-game content that is unfairly & grossly over-priced so that you have to grind your tail off to unlock it (or just give in and buy the in-game funds with REAL funds instead), you think this could actually happen?

Gee, I guess that 20% off deal that came with the Season Pass wasn't such a terrible idea afterall.:p

It's not like it was back in the day of "The Wizard of Oz" where you actually needed a crystal ball to see things coming.

TJ136
06-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Each month, 2 new vehicles will be released. Season Pass owners get those 7 days before all other players and don't need to play anything for them (free). Any "normal" player gets the cars later and they have to buy them in the game (either with Bucks or with Crew Credits).

I think what a lot are probably realizing that those cars are probably around 400 to 500k?
Could make that in a few short hours of playing.
Not that hard to gain bucks in the game based on beta.

While it maybe "Free" for us but is it really worth driving around for a week before release while certain cars will have the upper hand again like last game.

Kikker69
06-27-2018, 07:10 PM
Are in season pass dlc's like the one in crew 1 with police and crates inclusief? In other words real expansions of the game. thanks.

Ubi-Rich
06-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Are in season pass dlc's like the one in crew 1 with police and crates inclusief? In other words real expansions of the game. thanks.

Hey, The Crew 2 Season Pass Includes 3 exclusive vehicles, 2 exclusive outfits, a unique in-game home,20% off all in-game purchases, and 7 days early access to 21 vehicles.