PDA

View Full Version : Launching game causes windows resolution to change and freeze.

Pasta2017
03-25-2018, 06:37 PM
Hi,
I recently bought ghost recon future soldier in the steam sale. When I try to launch the game however, my screen goes black for a second and then suddenly I get send back to my desktop... now in 600 x 800 resolution (rather than the 1440p what it normally is). In addition to this, it causes my mouse cursor to become a blue circle which doesn't click.
This means that effectively its frozen my PC, as I cant click on anything and I cant get GR:FS to shut down through task manager.... again because I cant click :)
The only way out is to reset my PC... and my wallpaper engine gets really cross with me when I do that :P
This happens when I launch it from steam, uplay and even uplay in offline mode.
I also tried changing my windows resolution to 600 x 800 and then launching it, but it still does the same stuff.

I can't find a fix for this anywhere so help is much appreciated :)

thanks,

Pasta2017
04-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Well I guess i'll bump this up since I got no reply and it still doesn't work... I have applied for a refund at this point, however I will cancel it if someone can help me to get it working :D
Never had anything like this with any other game... IDK how its possible but hey... refund incomming.

pepeletigre
05-12-2018, 11:18 PM
its doing the exact same thing for me..... very frustrating ..

huskysilverdog
06-30-2018, 05:51 AM
Every. Single. One. of my Ubisoft games does this anymore. I saw a video online saying that if you lower your resolution and then up it once the game is launched that it fixes it. Unfortunately didn't work for me. I wonder if it has to do with my monitor... Which would be sad paying over $500 for a monitor and Ubisoft can't get their products to work with it...