PDA

View Full Version : For the love of the god, do something about dominion death squad.

xNioh
03-24-2018, 08:28 PM
This is out of control, dominion mode is a joke.
Every new season is add to this nightmere, where a death squad is travel is a group of 4, and you cant do nothing aboyt that.
You can try to fight outnumberd, but all this unblockable/traps/feats from the side is unreactable, and even if you handle this and kill one or two, you find yourself dead fast , and the enemy revive their friends, and again, death squad is up and running.
No one is care about points, or object, they beacome useless, the game design is pushing players to ignore skills and a good match, and going for all out attack like skrimish.
Abd this problem is going big since shaman is add to the game, this little thing is a beast as a ganker, and all this 17000 traps she puts in a spot, when you get killed in a sec since you got the trap and 4 players jumping on you.
There is no point to play this madness mode anymore, even the xp isnt worth the rage.

Card1acArrest
03-25-2018, 11:39 AM
run.

i run most of the time 2v1 also if the opponents are good. or defend/circle.

the shaman jump attack is a pest but as Orochi i just dodge attack it.

Tirik22x
03-25-2018, 03:13 PM
When they do that, my team groups up in 3n1... the 3 fight them, and 1 runs around capping flags. Itís really no big deal, and you as a solo occasionally get a sweet video clip of beating 2-3 players by yourself.

RapStylezz
03-25-2018, 06:53 PM
For the love of god, stop trying to fight 3 people on your own lol. I love this game but the community is pure ****.

xNioh
03-26-2018, 07:30 AM
When they do that, my team groups up in 3n1... the 3 fight them, and 1 runs around capping flags. Itís really no big deal, and you as a solo occasionally get a sweet video clip of beating 2-3 players by yourself.
Thats ok when you are premade , but most of the time its random players who dont rly care to win as they care to kill the one who kill them. And they going over and over again.

For the love of god, stop trying to fight 3 people on your own lol. I love this game but the community is pure ****.
wtf?! I did not talk about fightning a group of enemy at once, im talking here about dominion mode- the most fun and iconic mode (with the most xp ) is going to hell by a skrimish clone. You cant just run from point to point all the game, its not fun at all.
i miss the days when dominion was a team based tactic when you gotta get skills to be able to defend/capture points, and not run like a rat from a death squad.
Friendly fire need to be more active, and enemy get less point/renown if they outnumber you..or maybe boost the useless revenge ?! So enemy think twice before going death squad mode?!
i dont know what, just bring back the old feeling when we playing dominion.

SaschoS
03-26-2018, 08:03 AM
Dominion sucks from day one it was never properly tested. They even buffed catapult which was ridicules, really no brain move from devs. Game is really way faster then what it was like in S2 in terms of how quickly you get killed and how quickly points are captured due to some really fast heroes. I can barely handle 2 players now (you must really think before you engage, you won't prolly survive 2 gladiators) there were times when I would gladly stand up against 3 players and managed to survive sometimes with even 3 kills. This won't happen now unless you are really lucky to get 3 noobs around you and this is the only way you can get that moment. It is really sad that game is getting out of control not just in dominion.

ChampionRuby50g
03-26-2018, 08:54 AM
What benefit will increasing Friendly fire give? Do you honestly think that the enemy players who are ganking will give a **** when they are hitting their team mate, because as you said most of the time itís random players who donít care about the objective and only care about killing you. So they obviously wonít care if they kill a team mate and then get extra points for reviving them. I see this backward logic too often now. FF increase is not the answer, and will only make griefing worse in an already toxic environment.

@Sascho, can you link when and how the devs buffed catapult? Iíve got no memory of this and am genuinely curious to what they did.

The point capture point you made isnít that relevant either tbh. The fastest hero in the game, Shinobi, was introduced in Season 2, and you said since season 2. PK is still the 2nd or 3rd fastest hero, behind Shaman. Shaman does have rush as a tier 1 feat, but Iíd hardly say that impacts how quickly you can capture a Zone, and in the rams scheme of things one hero that can reach a Zone faster doesnít make that much of a difference compared to season 2.

SpaceJim12
03-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Well, someone will tell thread's author that he is just bad in For Honor and should look to another game. I really surprised to not see any "git gut" posts here.
This weekend me and my mates played FH for 4-5 hours and I again realised that run is not an option. While you run it's just matter of time, when you'll meet lonley Shaman, who will keep you busy enough to teammates will show up. If you play on heavy class, like LB or HL it's just negative to you to run. But if gunkers are noobs, you can just group in aroun two points. In 60% mathes three of use where enough to kill x4 gunk squad came to our point.
But, like someone said above, this tactic useless if you play with random.

xNioh
03-26-2018, 06:58 PM
Well, someone will tell thread's author that he is just bad in For Honor and should look to another game. I really surprised to not see any "git gut" posts here.
This weekend me and my mates played FH for 4-5 hours and I again realised that run is not an option. While you run it's just matter of time, when you'll meet lonley Shaman, who will keep you busy enough to teammates will show up. If you play on heavy class, like LB or HL it's just negative to you to run. But if gunkers are noobs, you can just group in aroun two points. In 60% mathes three of use where enough to kill x4 gunk squad came to our point.
But, like someone said above, this tactic useless if you play with random.

Sir, my opinion is that dominion mode are way to short, with no strategy, and with no fun.
I played this game since S1, and i know how to play.
i dont rly care lose or win, its a fkin video game. i just want to enjoy a good skilled match like old days, but its very rare this days.
All players do is gank-kills-run.
For me its not fun, since you cant rly stop a death squad team... Only if you bring yours.

SpaceJim12
03-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Sir, my opinion is that dominion mode are way to short, with no strategy, and with no fun.
I played this game since S1, and i know how to play.
i dont rly care lose or win, its a fkin video game. i just want to enjoy a good skilled match like old days, but its very rare this days.
All players do is gank-kills-run.
For me its not fun, since you cant rly stop a death squad team... Only if you bring yours.

And I agree with you. For me after Shaman and reworks were released, we lost something in Dominion matches. There are no longer a good fight, but game who will gunk first and block you on spawn zone.
I just want to notice, that run tactics won't work at all. And for me especialy all that guys who advice it looks like totally cowards, only cares about winning.

pimmas01
03-27-2018, 09:26 PM
you call people cowards for running away from a 1v3 situation? dont be daft. i'd much rather go for that empty base and maybe have one or two follow me, much better odds.
1on1 i'll take any day, im confident in a duel. a 1v2 can be doable because of revenge and also depends on classes (shaman+centurion combo? GL), though many times you dont have a choice.
if you're the type who thinks it's cowardly to think about tactics in a 4v4 game, then you deserve those losses.

focusing on bases rather than doing a ganksquad is good on big maps. it doesn't work very well on the extremely small maps like one of those viking ones.

i find it so much more fun to focus on the bases, because if both teams measure up, we'll get plenty of smaller fights instead of a 4v4 which is basically a Skirmish which makes me wonder why people dont just go play that mode instead.

SpaceJim12
03-28-2018, 09:58 AM
if you're the type who thinks it's cowardly to think about tactics in a 4v4 game, then you deserve those losses.

Why people always answered the same thing to this? First of all, I got not so much losses. We here speak about dominion atmosphere, not about how to win. Past days you could stand a chance even against 4 if you know what you're doing. Now, 4v1 just simply end up with your death.
Second, I play games to made something, that I want and can't in real life. And, call me old fashion, but I play games to feel myself hero, not just win one match no matter coast. So, if I see someone gunking guy 4v1, I can't just walk away to do objective. I will help him. For sure in 80% times gunk squade just finished ther dirty businnes, and than switch to me. But that is my way to play. So, for me people who see me fighting 4v1 and just walk away to "do objectives" looks like cowards, yes.
And, in the end, in my expirience, when you play with random who "know the tactics" and just always avoid gunk squad, you probably loose.

And about skirmish. On PC this game mode is dead. Same as elimination.

pimmas01
03-28-2018, 12:00 PM
there can be no tactics in Dominion if you do not try to use your head. i dont think ill of you for playing like that, but it does clash with those who want to compete. i play online games for a challenge, and the challenge is gone if all we do is fight 4v4 on A point while the other 2 are ticking in points for the enemy and we lose over and over just because nobody cared about bases in the gamemode that is all about holding bases.

Skirmish is probably too organized to enjoy in the way you want to play the game, i assume that's partly why it died out. but this also ruins Dominion. it's mostly just played out as a gankfest Because you play like this.
i've won so many matches by resetting the "breaking" again and again giving my team more chances to win, and by defending points i get plenty of good duels and smaller fights of 2v2 with the occasional 1v2 gank attempts where i have allies coming to my rescue because they see im in trouble.
this good stuff doesn't happen when people play as ganksquads, you will always have 3 or 4 people who just roll over the enemies instantly. there is no helping anything, you die.

pimmas01
03-28-2018, 12:05 PM
i have to add btw; Tribute mode is actually really good for this. that's a mode that favours those who group up, and it's very populated.

SpaceJim12
03-28-2018, 12:18 PM
on A point while the other 2 are ticking in points for the enemy and we lose over and over just because nobody cared about bases in the gamemode that is all about holding bases

Well, I don't mean that you should just forget about zones in Dominion. If I died, I use my 10-15 sec of respawn to estimate situation, and decided what to do next. If I see gunkers who just killed me and my teammate on point A are going to point C, where two of my teammeates holding zone, I'' go help them to defend it and let my spawn mate took A, or let him go help on C and capture A myself.
But sometimes (on small maps) best strategy still is just group up, forget about zones for a while and destroy entire enemy team. Than you'll have you time to objective, while 3 of you will defend zone near enemy respawn.