PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to have minions save capture points in dominion?

Ianoneshot
03-24-2018, 03:28 AM
Kinda like this:

Low areas are guarded by normal minions.
High areas have 3 archer minions

What do you think? How will this change gameplay? How would you like to see this implemented?:confused:
https://j.gifs.com/XoARgA.gif

CandleInTheDark
03-24-2018, 04:10 AM
To be honest I think it would make the current deathball in 4v4 situation worse. On the larger maps, if the rest of my team are getting sucked into 3v4 when the enemy has three zones, about the only thing I have going for me is that taking the non soldier lane zones is relatively quick,add something like this and odds are I wouldn't be able to get through one or both of them before the other team finished my team and caught up with me.

Illyrian_King
03-24-2018, 01:37 PM
Kinda like this:

Low areas are guarded by normal minions.
High areas have 3 archer minions

What do you think? How will this change gameplay? How would you like to see this implemented?:confused:
https://j.gifs.com/XoARgA.gif

I like the idea of involving minions more into the actual gameplay :cool:

What I proposed (maybe you like it): Having 3 stages of reinforced Zones
1) a few Archers run from the spawn point to a captured Zone
2) 2 Captains and a few minions run to the captured Zone
3) 1 Sieldbarrier and some more minions run to the captured Zone

This kind there would be interest in trying to keep a Zone for longer and best of all, it adds some strategy to the match.

It is just authenitc and cool to leave a Zone not completely unprotected behind ... I mean for what should I capture it then? :confused:

To be honest I think it would make the current deathball in 4v4 situation worse. On the larger maps, if the rest of my team are getting sucked into 3v4 when the enemy has three zones, about the only thing I have going for me is that taking the non soldier lane zones is relatively quick,add something like this and odds are I wouldn't be able to get through one or both of them before the other team finished my team and caught up with me.

I understand what you mean, but I doubt you would struggle to take out some minions within a few seconds.

And as mentioned, it would be strategy to hold that Zone for "reinforment" sake and make it hold out a few moments longer against enemy capturing.

Tyrjo
03-24-2018, 04:14 PM
No, I don't want minions on zones.

CandleInTheDark
03-24-2018, 04:39 PM
I understand what you mean, but I doubt you would struggle to take out some minions within a few seconds.

And as mentioned, it would be strategy to hold that Zone for "reinforment" sake and make it hold out a few moments longer against enemy capturing.

Oh certainly it would take a few seconds, but that few seconds if you also include the time to stand in and turn a zone after killing them (looking at the video closer I may be assuming something that isn't the case mind) would be the difference between it coming off and not and in the current state where I have been cussed at for not grouping up into a rolling 4v4 when the opponents had three zones often enough in my teams I am the only one who bothers in many of my games. So that reinforcement would only really be benefiting the deathball in that it makes it harder for one player to make a difference.

Not to sound negative, if more players were team orientated I would agree with it, but as it stands it would be just one more complication.

Illyrian_King
03-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Oh certainly it would take a few seconds, but that few seconds if you also include the time to stand in and turn a zone after killing them (looking at the video closer I may be assuming something that isn't the case mind) would be the difference between it coming off and not and in the current state where I have been cussed at for not grouping up into a rolling 4v4 when the opponents had three zones often enough in my teams I am the only one who bothers in many of my games. So that reinforcement would only really be benefiting the deathball in that it makes it harder for one player to make a difference.

Not to sound negative, if more players were team orientated I would agree with it, but as it stands it would be just one more complication.

Yes of course it makes a difference, but the problem I am complaining about since 1 month after launch is, that Dominion is the most-actionish mode in the game and still very shallow.

Some extra strategy would increase that snowball effectin some cases, while in some it wouldn't, but in every case also it give some extra ingame-depth and make it more beutiful to the eye not to have minions just in B.

Me personally, I am full Dominion as it is. And I never play Elimination or anything else, because the only difference is just no minions.

And if the scenario went in the other direction, that your team was winning the gank, then you would come in favour of this "reinforcment" ... beside all the scenarios where it would also work against that snowball, by helping a losing team with a well reinforced Zone.

You can't say, it would have only one way to go, like always snowball.