PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the godly Rep 0's?

Agrionemys
03-23-2018, 07:49 PM
A TON of matches lately it seems like its matched up with a bunch of noobs but they're insanely good, I mean I'm only rep 17 and my highest class is rep 9, but I'm not terrible but these guys are on a whole other level and its alllll the tiiiiime!!! Why is this happening? Its really screwing up the matching BAD and its completely unfair.

Are these guys who bought new games just so they could appear to be new to the game? Smurfing/Seal clubbing? Because its getting way too out of hand now. I can't even get more than 1 takedown half the time because its an entire team of them. Its making it literally unplayable.

Tyrjo
03-23-2018, 07:54 PM
Do you play on PC? Those players could be console player who bought the €15 version on Steam.

DoodTheMan
03-23-2018, 07:59 PM
There are a butt-ton of PS4 smurfs nowadays.

pimmas01
03-23-2018, 08:17 PM
why would there be smurfs in this game? i can only think of people getting banned and buying new cheap accounts

Arekonator
03-23-2018, 08:33 PM
why would there be smurfs in this game? i can only think of people getting banned and buying new cheap accounts

Migration between platforms.

Agrionemys
03-23-2018, 08:40 PM
Yeah its PC. Its just insane, one guy and 2 of his friends we looked them up, they'd been playing for 32m, sometimes less and cruuuushed everyone, top 5% in everything and it happens so often with so many different players I just can't even play anymore. They're THAT good, one highlander took on the whole team the whole match and never died a single time, and his 3 teammates were probably a group and were the same. I just can't see this being a good things for the game. Luckily I suppose eventually they'll move up to fighting on their own level but right now its just killing gameplay. I can't see any new players wanting to continue playing when even experienced players get smashed that hard. I worry about the player base.

Jarl.Felix
03-23-2018, 09:22 PM
Or maybe you're just severly low skilled ? Not as good as you want to believe ? Think about it .

Card1acArrest
03-23-2018, 11:19 PM
The skill ceiling of this game is pretty high!

those guys will quickly be matched vs better players. so dont worry. ;)

There are 2 ways to die.
-1v1 vs a better player in that round.

-or to bad tactics, where you allow yourself to go 2-3 v 1. i still got alot to learn on that one.

one advice or 2, which you did not ask for; check ekspert guides for your class. it helps a lot.

and if a HL rips you up, spend 1 hour vs the lvl 3 HL bot. i had to spend that time on shaman to turn that corner.

im a sadomasochist so i first mained valk rep 11 and now orochi rep 8.

i sucked a lot but now i think i can beat just about anybody with them.

so keep at it :D

AkenoKobayashi
03-23-2018, 11:34 PM
Probably someone who played on one system jumped to another system. I had this game on Xbox and PS4 and I smashed people when I started off on PS4 after a month or so on Xbox. Since I didn't want to grind myself back up on PS4, I stopped playing it. Exclusively Xbox for this game now.

ChampionRuby50g
03-24-2018, 12:25 AM
Or maybe you're just severly low skilled ? Not as good as you want to believe ? Think about it .

Lol if I were you I wouldn’t talk to someone else about been low skilled... remember when we were discussing centurion and you were so certain that you had more skill than me, but then the stats proved that wrong and you disappeared real quick...

Agrionemys
03-24-2018, 12:45 AM
Lol thank you. Firstly, I never said I was "high skilled", I'm definitely no noob but I'm not top tier. I know the difference between someone who has been playing a ton and someone who just started recently by how they play, I play many different classes and know most of them well enough to know this guy is practically a god, taking on the entire enemy team solo without a single death, even if it was by a ledge, is no small feat. And this happened the entire match.

Now my post was about how often this seems to be happening, with many "new" players. This particular player, *BojanglesTheClownMonkey* (Not his real name) had been playing for 32m, according to the website that displays player information, and was in the top 5% across the board, yet his highlander was not even rep 1 yet, and his total rep was 0. Him and all of his teammates in fact. And this is the case with almost every match I get nowadays, seems to be a flood of these guys and I'm trying to figure out what's up, its impossible to git gud when you get crushed that hard, and its demoralizing to the point that if I weren't so invested in the game I would consider leaving. I love this game, and I want more players in it but this kind of thing is counter to that goal. I was just curious what you guys had to say about it because its seriously screwing up the system.

I don't think they were cheating, but its rare to see someone so perfect with every aspect.

ChampionRuby50g
03-24-2018, 01:02 AM
Just FYI, you’re not allowed to share other players usernames on the forums. It the naming and shaming rule they’ve got going on, so I’d edit it out if you can.

Hormly
03-24-2018, 01:33 AM
Console players migrating to the big leagues

Went against a lvl 0 the other day and figured id go easy on the new guy, mistake!

Agrionemys
03-24-2018, 02:00 AM
Whoops my bad, figured theres a difference between in game and not, I guess not in this case huh? Well in any case it was just worrying there's been so many, what's with the migration? They joining the master race you think? Hahaha

Hormly
03-24-2018, 03:00 AM
Remember these guys are used to playing with half frames. They probably feel like neo dodging bullets on PC

At this point im confident that if ubi allowed players to carry over their progress the migration would be enormous

Kelson27
03-24-2018, 03:12 AM
Yeah I had wondered that myself actually, I’m on Xbox and I’ve noticed a steady stream of rep 0s at the loading screen, telling me they are on par with my level which seemed odd at least.

Kelson27
03-24-2018, 03:14 AM
Remember these guys are used to playing with half frames. They probably feel like neo dodging bullets on PC

At this point im confident that if ubi allowed players to carry over their progress the migration would be enormous

I’d be there for sure... be nice to have the option to play on Xbox and pc when I wanted

Animaeus
03-24-2018, 03:25 AM
It takes all of about 10 minutes to make a new, free outlook account that will still have full access to Xbox Live, For honor, and the Season pass with which I can immediately start traumatizing noobs using a rep 0 Shaman.

I've only done this once, and I did it because my main account was suspended and I wanted to play with a friend.

After about 4-5 matches of slaughtering everyone effortlessly, you start getting matched against people with higher skill and higher gearscores, and it rapidly loses its appeal.

More importantly though, I don't understand why people complain about being matched against people with higher skill. Are you not trying to get better? Because playing against better players is the most efficient way to do it, assuming you're competent enough to learn from the experience. I personally would much rather be matched against someone more skilled than me, than someone less skilled than me, because I play this game to get better, not to stomp noobs.

Agrionemys
03-24-2018, 08:12 AM
Yeah I don't mind losing or getting beat, but this was a whole new level, there's no getting better if you never have the chance to land a single hit let alone a combo. It was approach, swing, parried, then comboed to death with zero chance. Especially with that highlander, because of the way his combos work, if you chain them right with the offensive mode grabs then forget it. Add to that he could easily take on 3 people at once and revenge mode doesn't interrupt his offensive mode... well there you have it. It was just far too much of a gap. But absolutely I like fighting players better than me. It wasn't even about any of that, it was just weird he was 0 total rep, 0 rep, and like level 9 highlander doing this, his whole team was the same way, and I've encountered this same thing at least three other times that same day. Likely it was just that migration, just seemed odd so I wanted to figure out what that was about. For all I knew the way this game is it was a rep glitch bug that shows everyone as rep 0 lol

And they complain because if they are good enough, then you don't get to try new combos or chains you are always on the back foot and even then get crushed. Against someone a little better maybe, but strictky speaking the best way to learn is with other people trying to learn. All you gonna get from some one better is how good you COULD be and the capabilities of a class, and maybe how to parry, gbc and the like. Thats why I was such a fan of those event bots, they were so aggressive but beatable, was a real good chance to learn how to defend against someone who is better than you

And not everyone is like you, most people seem to enjoy stomping noobs. I don't if its that bad a mismatch I take it easy, try some new things and stuff, Im not in the business of annihilating people new to the game, thats just bad for the player base.

Card1acArrest
03-24-2018, 09:27 AM
one more advice you did not ask for:

dont pummel the guy 3v1. you feed his revenge then. let one guy lead, while you wait for an opening for your heavy or GB.

;)

EvoX.
03-24-2018, 03:11 PM
Hah, consolers got tired of being in little league so they moved to PC. Cute.

Don't worry, as someone already said they'll be matched with someone better soon, meaning you'll eventually stop seeing them.

Jarl.Felix
03-24-2018, 05:41 PM
Lol if I were you I wouldn’t talk to someone else about been low skilled... remember when we were discussing centurion and you were so certain that you had more skill than me, but then the stats proved that wrong and you disappeared real quick...

I don't even know who the hell are you and i don't live on forum unlike you.

Besides I bet you play on consoles so stfu about skilsl lol :eek:

Devils-_-legacy
03-24-2018, 06:02 PM
Skill? I started on pc it's easier then console just less players lol imo it takes more "skill" on console then pc

SerSine
03-24-2018, 09:18 PM
A TON of matches lately it seems like its matched up with a bunch of noobs but they're insanely good, I mean I'm only rep 17 and my highest class is rep 9, but I'm not terrible but these guys are on a whole other level and its alllll the tiiiiime!!! Why is this happening? Its really screwing up the matching BAD and its completely unfair.

Are these guys who bought new games just so they could appear to be new to the game? Smurfing/Seal clubbing? Because its getting way too out of hand now. I can't even get more than 1 takedown half the time because its an entire team of them. Its making it literally unplayable.

Their either naturally good players or ****ty veterans who need to Smurf cause they can't deal with their level of play, also some people may also want a fresh start.

ChampionRuby50g
03-25-2018, 12:45 AM
I don't even know who the hell are you and i don't live on forum unlike you.

Besides I bet you play on consoles so stfu about skilsl lol :eek:

Lol, fake ignorance then, or just poor memory. I’d hardly call 3 posts a day living on the forum either.

What does platform have to do with skill? As Devils said, PC is easier, so that just means you’d struggle even more than you already do.