PDA

View Full Version : Would someone please?

Slammin_
01-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Create a short distance/short flight-time FR server, please?

I tried, but nobody ever joins.

Basically, I want to mix it up, but just don't have the time to get the required number of kills within current parameters. I require a certain amount of kills before bedtime. Required.

Please, can we shorten the flight times some so that I can get a good nights sleep?

Slammin_
01-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Create a short distance/short flight-time FR server, please?

I tried, but nobody ever joins.

Basically, I want to mix it up, but just don't have the time to get the required number of kills within current parameters. I require a certain amount of kills before bedtime. Required.

Please, can we shorten the flight times some so that I can get a good nights sleep?

Taylortony
01-25-2005, 04:48 PM
bump

georgeo76
01-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Putting the bases too close together in a DF map just leads to one big, stupid, pointless furball. Now I'm not saying you should have 100km between bases, but anything less than 30km and it limits the server.

Only certain AC are suited to this situation. Like flying a Jug? Too bad, cuz you'll never have a chance to climb out.

Only certain tactics are suited to this situation. Or more like the complete lack of tactics. Better have your elevator trim set to full up cuz you'll be mindlessly turning and burning from wheels up.

Too Dependant on luck. If you take off... it's only because the vulchers were busy. If you get a kill... it's only because you were the last of the five pilots chasing that bandit to get a shot in. If you land... it's only because the bandits didn't notice you.

PierceMcKennon
01-26-2005, 03:24 AM
I have been looking for a dogfight server with those settings for so long. It seems the only choice we have is bellumwars with those settings.

All the dogfight crowd seems to need enemy labels and team labels. To me this takes 90% of the fun out of them game. There is no IDing aircraft its all boom and zoom from thousands of meters above seeing an enemy label or friendly label.

I hope that warclouds server tries out the no map icons or labels settings for a short time to see if it works out well.

That is everything I have been looking for in a dogfight server.

1 death kick, 3-4 runways to spawn from each side with many aaa batteries to avoid vulching.

One using FBD stats

Comms still works very well with no labels and requires everyone to make waypoints form up when getting lost from the group. I hope some dogfight servers start going this route, the league games just take so long to get 8-10 people which runs poorly. I rather fly against a human pilot then ai flying backwards in a very high ping bw server.

Maybe the dogfight server skill level will eventually increase to this level of play.

pauldun171
01-26-2005, 04:05 AM
I'll put up a dedicated full real server with short distances, but only if people will fly on it. Not going to waste my bandwitdh and electric bill just to see 1 person fly on it for 2 minutes over a 3 day period. Maybe when I get a spare machine that doesn't sound like a vacuum, but until then....

PF_Coastie
01-26-2005, 04:10 AM
Why not just toggle off your icons in Warclouds or greater green servers. They often have maps that are fairly close.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-26-2005, 06:16 AM
We only have close-friendly icons on gg anyway, but turning them off individually is always an option if it ruins the immersion for you. Also, our maps vary considerably with an attempt to cover just about every base (night/day, early/late war, WF/EF/PTO, close support/long strike).

Heck, we even have some maps with bombers only on airstart to allow higher altitude level-bombing.

Running a server (A good one) costs money and I realize everyone wants their particular settings and desires satisfied. The fact of the matter is this: Log into HL or check ASE anytime and you'll see 2 dozen server or more and over half of them have "0" players on. Another handful (maybe 6) will have more than 10+ players.

Regardless of server settings, I'd rather see a populated, scripted server with one or two settings I don't like than an unpopulated server with "MY" ideal settings.

TB