PDA

View Full Version : Kensei are turtles and spams superior dodge

RexXZ347
03-22-2018, 05:58 PM
Yeah, all of the kenseis i fought against now just waits for me to attack and they do the ultra fast high damage immortal dodge attack. I always try to bait them but on console? All you can do is block. They shoukd reduce the damage of the kensei and his dodge attack speed. For pete's sake he is holding a very long and heavy nodachi so he shouldn't run like an ant and attacks like an assassin.

High-Horse
03-22-2018, 06:35 PM
If they just reduce the damage while you do nothing to improve your ability to counter it, you'll just die slower.

SA1MON_Majestic
03-22-2018, 06:39 PM
Iv If all they do is wait for you to attack and then dodge, then just feint a heavy and then parry them. It is actually pretty slow when you actually figure out the timing.

OhThatTickles
03-22-2018, 08:45 PM
The timing is variable, and can be triggered at a delay, confounding any "standard" timing which you can easily learn. A missed parry also grants a second followup hit a decent percentage of the time as well, which is a significant amount of damage for a very difficult-to-punish spammable move. This, combined with HA makes him one of the most, if not THE MOST, difficult to punish character in the game. Now that he has a well balanced offensive repertoire, his dodge attack (which was buffed previously to account for his shortcomings) stands as a very overpowered move which can start his well balanced offensive assault. He's got range, decent speed, excellent defense, unblockables, great grabs and good punishes with little risk. The complete package.

High-Horse
03-22-2018, 09:29 PM
I don't think the dodge attack is overpowered, it's just useful now. It cannot be spammed against someone who knows how to defend against it, it's just free parry and deflect bait.

It's just another Centurion scenario where 90% of the problem stems from a lack of experience with the new changes, and too much frustration to learn how to learn.

edited to add: Is it not the same speed as it was at launch?

UbiJurassic
03-22-2018, 10:15 PM
The team is aware of the concerns some players have shared in regards to Kensei. At this time there are no planned nerfs for the class, but the fight team has been keeping a close eye on how the rework of Kensei has effected the state of balance in the game. If they look to develop any balance changes for Kensei, we'll be sure players are the first to know.

Kelson27
03-22-2018, 10:20 PM
Like the cent scenario? Reaching...

I am seeing a problem with it, the last two weeks Iíve been seeing more and more of a trend for kensei constant dodge spam, not usually from decent players but novices who pretty much just circle like itís a zone with I-frames.

It needs to be gb-able (apparently it is, never managed to nor seen it happen so far and I definitely donít struggle against assassins) and while it is counterable it does too much damage for how safe it is. There is multiple threads up on this exact move right now. Has to count for something.

SEISMIS21
03-22-2018, 11:02 PM
Like the cent scenario? Reaching...

I am seeing a problem with it, the last two weeks Iíve been seeing more and more of a trend for kensei constant dodge spam, not usually from decent players but novices who pretty much just circle like itís a zone with I-frames.

It needs to be gb-able (apparently it is, never managed to nor seen it happen so far and I definitely donít struggle against assassins) and while it is counterable it does too much damage for how safe it is. There is multiple threads up on this exact move right now. Has to count for something.

As a level 42 kensei myself, I find it very suspect you say you have never seen a kensei be GBd during dodge attack. It is far more suspect you say all you can do is block the dodge attack if you bait it? It is the same speed it has always been. At moderate level play no Kensei can spam dodge attack as it is 100% party bait. Dodge attack can at time be useful during mix up or if you can see a Highlands or lawbringer or shugoki using a very slow heavy.

Myself, I am GBd out of my dodge attack by 90% of the people I play against. I also have it parried more often than blocked. I suspect you haven't played very much at all against the reworked kensei. Out of any reworked character I think he is in the most balanced place. Nothing absurd, just answers for situations. His dodge attack being a concern of yours is pretty weird. Again, it's not high level I play at, moderate level. At the level of you try to spam anything, especially the slowest dodge attack in the game, telegraphed more than anything, you will be an easy kill for the opponent. gB during dodge attack is something I wish didn't happen so much. It happened to me ALL THE TIME so I just think you are upset lol.

Vakris_One
03-22-2018, 11:13 PM
I don't think the dodge attack is overpowered, it's just useful now. It cannot be spammed against someone who knows how to defend against it, it's just free parry and deflect bait.

It's just another Centurion scenario where 90% of the problem stems from a lack of experience with the new changes, and too much frustration to learn how to learn.

edited to add: Is it not the same speed as it was at launch?
It is the exact same speed and damage as it has always been. The people finding it difficult and dying to it would have died to it anyway pre-rework. That it can now be delayed slightly towards the end of Kensei's dodge is not useful at all and is certainly not enough of a delay so as to flummux a parry timing. You can still see it coming a mile away because the actual Nodachi striking animation remains as slow and telegraphed as ever.

Kelson27
03-22-2018, 11:56 PM
As a level 42 kensei myself, I find it very suspect you say you have never seen a kensei be GBd during dodge attack. It is far more suspect you say all you can do is block the dodge attack if you bait it? It is the same speed it has always been. At moderate level play no Kensei can spam dodge attack as it is 100% party bait. Dodge attack can at time be useful during mix up or if you can see a Highlands or lawbringer or shugoki using a very slow heavy.

Myself, I am GBd out of my dodge attack by 90% of the people I play against. I also have it parried more often than blocked. I suspect you haven't played very much at all against the reworked kensei. Out of any reworked character I think he is in the most balanced place. Nothing absurd, just answers for situations. His dodge attack being a concern of yours is pretty weird. Again, it's not high level I play at, moderate level. At the level of you try to spam anything, especially the slowest dodge attack in the game, telegraphed more than anything, you will be an easy kill for the opponent. gB during dodge attack is something I wish didn't happen so much. It happened to me ALL THE TIME so I just think you are upset lol.

Did you even read my post? *sigh* Please re-read. I find your response suspect.

RexXZ347
03-23-2018, 12:39 AM
If they just reduce the damage while you do nothing to improve your ability to counter it, you'll just die slower.

you do read my post right? I told you i play in console. Besides how i knew it was faster? I main aramusha and before rework when i feint heavy finisher to lights i would ALWAYS hit them. But now when i do it again they will surely and purely evade my dodge even if i saw the blade passing through them. It's been buffed. When an ally and me is fighting a kensei or him with an ally, all they do is dodge attacks spam because the dodge can make him move from infront of you to your back in just 400ms. That is stupid.

RexXZ347
03-23-2018, 12:46 AM
Iv If all they do is wait for you to attack and then dodge, then just feint a heavy and then parry them. It is actually pretty slow when you actually figure out the timing.
if they wait me to attack they have that 30/30/30 mixups and openers against me. Plus, i hate turtling so i always go on the offensive. I can't just feint heavy then heavy attack repeating the process until the kensei dies right? Where is the fun there?