PDA

View Full Version : Great concept but such a bad entry barrier

Gaggibolle
03-22-2018, 08:45 AM
I literally have zero chance against other players in mulitplayer.
And Is the game dead? Because I get put against people with nearly 4 or 5 times the gametime I have.

I cant do anything because the tutorial explains you so much that you never ever can use all that knowledge in such a low time span against foes that play the game so much longer. I really wanna like this game, and I really wanna learn it. But playing a game that you know is rigged is no fun for anyone.
And till you get all the combos down and the blocks and the details of every hero you will pretty much just get killed everytime.
Why dont you teach in a much more indepth tutorial how things are done and make tutorials for characters?

I seriously just get frustrated because I always lose against people and dont even get put against people my level.
I really belivie that the fight system is good, but right now it just seems overcomplicated and overwhelming for new players.
Please for the love of this game, make a indepth tutorial for heroes besides the videos that do absolutly nothing than to show you what you could do instead of what you do at the moment. Help new players more, because im willing to learn the game, but I know for sure that there are people that simply dont care about learning the system and throw the game away. Thats not healthy for the game or yourself.

Plutonium Bug
03-22-2018, 10:45 AM
Couple of tips are:

Play the campaign on Hard or realistic
Go play some matches vs Ai with Ai on your side (makes it quite a bit harder)
practise against level 2/3 bots in costum matches
Watch some Youtube videos on how to Parry - Deflect and time your dodges.

Charmzzz
03-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Which platform and region? I bet there are people on here (like myself - PC Europe) who would do some teaching lessons.

pimmas01
03-22-2018, 11:21 AM
there definitely is an entry barrier or a wall you first need to climb before you feel you can play properly. it is small compared to traditional fightinggames, but it's there.

the tutorials only really teach you 2 things worth learning aside from the very basics like dodging and blocking, which are things you probably already knew about before you even bought the game.
these 2 things are Parrying and countering Guardbreaks. this is the only thing you need to focus on and it should be fairly easy to get used to. i play with a keyboard+mouse and very quickly rebound my GB button from the awkward mousebutton3 (scroll button) to my keyboard (Q), i felt it was much easier once i got used to it.

if you feel like there's too much to keep track of, leading you to have clumsy inputs when you're dueling someone, then all you can do is keep doing it until you get used to it. dont let defeats put you down, you can't get disheartened from 1 loss in a game where you keep fighting new people over and over. put your focus on the progress you make and keep at it. noticing yourself getting better is very rewarding.

a giant tip to anyone who tries to learn any kind of intricate game like this; Focus. not by putting extra effort into whatever you're doing, but by removing thoughts about things you Shouldn't be doing. stop thinking about everything else like emotespam or BM in chat or feeling bad 'cus you're losing. only think of how to learn more things and becoming better.
getting matched against someone much more experienced is not an instant loss, it's an opportunity to learn valuable tricks.

many people shy away from these kind of games, losing becomes too much for them. you must be able to face challenges head on.

Gaggibolle
03-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Thanks all for the replys I will try to use them today.

Gonna fight some bots now :(

Melee_Expert
03-22-2018, 01:54 PM
I am really looking forward to the new Training Mode!

LEGENDz_31
03-22-2018, 02:24 PM
Yeah I agree, I have had a couple buddies that I pushed to get the game. They all liked the game but just felt it was to hard for them to keep playing. I really donít know what the answer is. The truth is I can do things now that I remember thinking I will never have the timing right on that when the game first came out. You really have to be patient long enough to understand the timing and the move set of the other charecters. Sadly it feels like two different games from being new and a veteran.

Hang in there buddy. Itís like having older brothers beating you down your whole life and then getting in a real fight and finding out you are stronger then you think.

CandleInTheDark
03-22-2018, 02:44 PM
There will be a better set of tutorials and a better training mode at some time this season, the devs are looking to get the servers in a state that they can be confident they don't need a hotfix patch before sending in the arena patch.

It is important that they have the servers in a state where there will be no need for an emergency patch as arena will go over the ready to play content when the game is part downloaded, this requires a longer than regular certification process as the whole game needs to be recertified.

DoodTheMan
03-22-2018, 11:36 PM
Or you could try my method which is to never play story or practice and just lose a bunch until you're mediocre.