PDA

View Full Version : Stop running to the part of the map you like

Rolandcall
03-22-2018, 05:37 AM
Every couple of duels you'll get someone who thinks the map should always be in their favor. If you do this you are probably playing a dodge based class and can't stand having to fight in narrow passages or hazards. Here's the thing, I don't want to fight you in an open area but when the game start's me there fair is fair and I suffer you dodge spamming like the coward you are. Trying to tailor the map is a selfish thing to do. Stop

ChampionRuby50g
03-22-2018, 06:05 AM
Every couple of duels you’ll run into someone whose smart enough to use the terrain to their advantage. Why should someone purposely fight in an area that will handicap them? You are literally complaining about players been smart and trying to use a tactical advantage to win. That’s literally like me saying “Nobushis are all cowards bevause they stay far back, and my attacks can’t reach them” when that’s a core aspect of her gameplay style, and that distance is her specialty, when i can easily try and close the distance to nullify that or retreat to somewhere that better advantages me. You see how stupid that sounds?

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-22-2018, 04:34 PM
What is fight "normally"? You want to use the walls, I want to use the open space. One gives you the advantage and vice versa. I want to win and vice versa. Why would I fight a Centurion in a narrow area?Why would a PK fight my Conq in a narrow area? Why would I fight a Raider with my PK in a narrow area?It goes on and on, as you ask why would I fight on your terms, why would you fight on mine? You dont have to. You can do what BarbeQMichael said, but I promise if you fight me Im not rage quitting over it, we'll just be statues for that match.

The only time I dont do something like this is when someone is trying to run to a bridge or somewhere they can try and ledge me easily. But even then I dont blame them. You use whats at your disposal. I want to live, same as you.

PDXGorechild
03-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Every couple of duels you'll get someone who thinks the map should always be in their favor. If you do this you are probably playing a dodge based class and can't stand having to fight in narrow passages or hazards. Here's the thing, I don't want to fight you in an open area but when the game start's me there fair is fair and I suffer you dodge spamming like the coward you are. Trying to tailor the map is a selfish thing to do. Stop

I'm sure we'll see a profound change in the game and players attitude alike after this informative and enlightening post.

If dodging is cowardly, then blocking is moronic.

Dry.Fish
03-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Always hated Tower Ruin for duels and brawls before they changed the spawn points.

Rolandcall
03-22-2018, 08:12 PM
You're not dodging youre literally moving the fight to advantage your class. This isn't done to you, you don't see players starting in a open area run to the closed area. Its really just narcissistic players who do it. "Why shouldn't I always have advantage? It's totally fair if I run to the part of the map I like a refuse to play until you give me what I want" and dodge is absolutely broken for certain characters, you're being dishonest.

ChampionRuby50g
03-22-2018, 08:27 PM
You're not dodging youre literally moving the fight to advantage your class. This isn't done to you, you don't see players starting in a open area run to the closed area. Its really just narcissistic players who do it. "Why shouldn't I always have advantage? It's totally fair if I run to the part of the map I like a refuse to play until you give me what I want" and dodge is absolutely broken for certain characters, you're being dishonest.

Ok, so why don’t YOU do something about it? Run the to the open area first, cut them off and thus give you the advantage bevause now you’re still fighting on your terms? Does everything have to be done for people these days? The entitlement is real right here... why should you purposely let an advantage slip, in a FIGHTING GAME, when the objective is to win and kill your opponent. Some people... “you have to fight me, but if you don’t fight my way you are a coward”

Rolandcall
03-22-2018, 08:48 PM
Or you grow up, and not throw a temper tantrum in order to get map advantage. The entitlemental here is the guy actually defending acting like an entitled child. Imagine if we were playing golf and you decided you got to tea off on the green and you screamed until we let you. You're hiding behind the internet does make it any less the child screaming until they get their way. But if you want to sit in the part of the map for sveral minutes for the new map, I'll be happy to open a book to give you the timeout you desperately need.

Rolandcall
03-22-2018, 08:49 PM
And just to engage how truly stupid what you said is, you just said to somehow get behind your opponent facing you after he turns around and runs in the opposite direction. No one letting advantage slip from them. You're turning around and running away.

Devils-_-legacy
03-22-2018, 08:56 PM
It just sounds like you got out played tbh you can't blame a player for taking an advantage when presented with the opportunity to do so as the aim of the game is to win

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-22-2018, 09:05 PM
Let me just stand here where I have a clear disadvantage, instead of moving 50 yards to the left where I have a better chance. Because hey, why would my character want to live?

Rolandcall
03-22-2018, 09:07 PM
"I should always have advantage" so what if the other classes on the open maps moved 50 yards to the left what would do then? Oh I know stand still because you wouldn't run into disadvantage. How are you not getting that you're being a poor sport?

Rolandcall
03-22-2018, 09:09 PM
And no, im not getting out played I don't follow them and they will sit there until the clock runs out. It's selfish behavior, it's not skill, it's not strategy, it's a selfish person being selfish.

SangLong524
03-22-2018, 09:18 PM
And no, im not getting out played I don't follow them and they will sit there until the clock runs out. It's selfish behavior, it's not skill, it's not strategy, it's a selfish person being selfish.

When i first saw the title, I wondered "what kind of moronic mentality is this? i've got to see what it's about. Maybe the reasoning won't be as moronic".
I see a very sad child throwing a tantrum that other human beings won't do as he says. AS selfish, foolish or whatever adjectives you may label people, no one is obligated to do things your way. And we don't even have to justify anything either. we don't need your approval, never have and never will.

Devils-_-legacy
03-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Yes because they don't want to give you an advantage. That is there strategy you cant enforce them to play by your rules it is frustrating but it can be said about "the honour crowd","the gank squads" ect I think the devs have said before they don't want to restrict the way people play

ChampionRuby50g
03-22-2018, 09:39 PM
And just to engage how truly stupid what you said is, you just said to somehow get behind your opponent facing you after he turns around and runs in the opposite direction. No one letting advantage slip from them. You're turning around and running away.

Well ****, how am I supposed to know what maps you where playing on and what side you are spawning in. But of course your speaks switch if your any good and your fights last for more than 3 rounds, as well if your opponent is competent.

You’re turning around, and giving yourself the proverbial high ground.
Is that not an advantage?

Lol, that’s the dumbest analogy I’ve ever heard. Golf rules require you to tee off at a certain point. Where in the “For Honor Rulebook” does it require me to conform to your wishes and play how you want me to, and stay and fight there?
You salty child

Rolandcall
03-22-2018, 09:54 PM
"I turn and run to the part of the map I like in duels and will refuse to fight until the oblige me. When someone calls me out of this obviously childish behavior I make really bad excuses for my childish actions and call them the child. The person suggesting I play the map sequence as it was intened is a hypocrit because... Idk I'm virtually incapable of thinking of things beyond my perspective and I just thought that was some how a logical thing to have said. I'm call people morons after having demonstrated a complete inability to understand how physics work abstractly. I'm going to call turning 180 and pouting a strategy because I really have no actual justification for my selfish child behavior. I'll continue to turn around and stamp my feet hoping someone gives me what I want"

Rolandcall
03-22-2018, 09:57 PM
Again, I'm not turning around. I don't know why you can't understand basic logistics but Person A is facing person B. Person B turns around and runs in the opposite direction. Person A not chasing you do your desrired location isn't turning around and doing the same thing. they're not engaging you. They're waiting for you to run forward as the map sequence intends you to do.

Kelson27
03-22-2018, 10:08 PM
... the irony in this post is beyond. This needs to get shut down.

ChampionRuby50g
03-22-2018, 10:11 PM
All the people agreeing with your OP are so loud it’s deafening me, I can hardly hear myself think over the outstanding support for you... oh wait, no ones agreed with you because it’s the most stupid, childish thing to be sooking about.

UbiJurassic
03-22-2018, 10:12 PM
It's apparent this thread isn't going anywhere constructive at its current pace. The community team will be closing this thread.