PDA

View Full Version : Guarding

SerSine
03-22-2018, 04:56 AM
I'm just curious, I really am, is anyone else experiencing any guarding problems on PS4 when switching to block a quick attack? Not parrying it or maybe even deflecting it, I mean just blocking, I've been having attacks go right through my guard, hit me, just to have my guard come up after the hit. Now I know it's a whine but I just want to know that I'm not getting older by the second or something and actually reacting to the ******ed light attacks. I know I block them. But sometimes it just feels unresponsive, especially when trying to use a character with reflex guard, that's the best.

Jedioutcast88
03-22-2018, 06:33 AM
Iím getting that too more now then before. If anything I would have to say itís a latency issue. I can only assume that the lag compensation has yet to be implied, with nothing in updates being said about it. Itís not just the light attacks Iím missing the blocks on itís also the parries too. Like the raiders unblockable attack. I was able to get that even with the dazed effect. Now itís a 50/50. with how the games online has been lately and the changes made itís hard to say. Lately I have been staying away from pvp and sticking with bots just because the consistency of the game is better.

FredEx919
03-22-2018, 09:22 PM
This sounds like something that could be improved by the lag compensation which will be coming up pretty soon. I don't have much by way of details right now, but we should have some news really soon.

Danish_Crusader
03-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I've had these issues too.
Standard attacks going straight through guard and parries not parrying, even though I very clearly hit the button at the exact moment I needed to, and I just end up getting hit.

I always blamed the thing on lag, good to see that does indeed seem to be the case. I may not be as terrible at the game as I think I am =P
I am on the Xbox One though, not the PS4.