PDA

View Full Version : Community Suggestions

Achelaos
03-21-2018, 10:43 AM
As I want to express my dedication for the game and as the fire is still burning inside me, made this thread as i strongly believe that the For Honor team really works on its project and want to provide us the best experience we can get.

As for it, I also believe that the community itself can take the game many steps further! About the community and player database: The player base dropped, and yes this was an expected and a good thing. Because the player base became more mature, not having all kind of kids trying to "press square and win" mentallity.

In further on I want to encourage you go ahead and throw on the table as many suggestions you have for the game, maybe you won;t see them taking shape as they are, but for sure it can inspire the developers.

I am gonna make a start here, and proceed

As an MBA degree and part of For Honor Family member,
I would like to give this suggestion to be noticed with the expected responsibility from Ubisoft.

Make the game free to play for everyone, add more content like heroes, executions, items, ornaments - also tweak a bit the Viking looks because they all look the same and item difference are barely noticed.

Rebalance the cost of steel packs and give more steel for every victory in the game.

add some new equipment, armors, weapons, everything! Make ornaments not only for the head gear but for every armor piece so every hero won't look the same as others.

With that move you achieve more player to play the game and spend money for the model of extra content but without it to be pay to win.

My personal opinion is that For Honor team will collect more funds this way to support the game.

A more MOBA game mode would be nice and the game still has potential to enter e-sports for good.

Hero suggestions:

HYPASPIST
https://revistadehistoria.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Athenian-general-at-5th-century-BC.jpg
https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/ancient-warriors.jpg

MYRMIDON
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c9/d2/5e/c9d25eea4fb2ec17abc4ef1a8e5ca4ee.jpg

MAORI WARRIOR
https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/2014/09/the_dead_lands.jpg

EGYPTIAN WARRIOR
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c6/6e/0b/c66e0b59b83c89f0f79f4cfd13056521.jpg

ZULU WARRIOR
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a2/35/a3/a235a3b373f9928ed2d65e4dd47ef9db.jpg

SpaceJim12
03-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Well, I think one year is enough to understand, that commercial model of For Honor need to be change. First year were good cause game sells, include Season Pass. I don't think people need so much steel in this year. For me personally, I bought everything I want just play the game. Gear like the most disadvantage in 4v4 mods must disappear.I really think that For Honor visual design are huge and cool. I like most executions and I really like customization. So, focus on that. Don't need pay-to-win chars, but more customizations.

I said it from day one and still think that unique pieces of armor, weapon and other staff are way better to monetize this game. We don't need more spikes and gold retexture, we need something different. I really could use some leather coat for Warden (well, gameplay ignore all armor differences anyway) and something like that.

Lowhappyface123
03-21-2018, 09:22 PM
i want some generic knighys viking and samurais the samurais do the best at that and knights the worst i want a non roman character and they definitely arent making it free

JadeBosson.
03-22-2018, 01:21 AM
would love to play as HYPASPIST and the MYRMIDON just for there looks lol my only suggestion(s) is more weather effects like heavier or lighter rain maybe some fog here and there

~In further on I want to encourage you go ahead and throw on the table as many suggestions you have for the game, maybe you won;t see them taking shape as they are, but for sure it can inspire the developers.~ what if ya'll also added breakable to maps they wouldn't respawn but it would be neat to see someone throw someone else into a table/chair/vase

also i'd like some kind of siege gamemode were the defenders have to defend some sort of objective(s) for a certain amount of time before reinforcements arrive and if they lose the objective(s) they have to fall back a few times intill they eventually lose whatever ground they were protecting then lose

Achelaos
03-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Siege mode would be nice, i would suggest a more moba version of dominion. If this is called siege, can have towers and such. thats ok!

JadeBosson.
03-24-2018, 05:34 AM
that would be rather neat

mrmistark
03-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Well firstly, Iíd love to see changes to the original roster first of course, feats and revenge. Itíd be nice to modify things a bit.

Feats have primarily a ďwin moreĒ function right now. Most Itíd be cool to have a large pool of tiny little bonuses and buffs you could pick from for the whole game to really customize your character rather than having to earn them in play. This would help get rid of huge damaging AOE for an already winning team. Players should be rewarded in the form of substantially better end game rewards for thier stellar performance instead of in game feats.

Cut down on the grind ones of the game: again, better rewards. Especially in higher levels close to next rep point, I can complete up to 7-8 orders and still not get to the next level.

As far as revenge, there have been many things proposed. My personal wish is that they damage increase would be cut out completely and the character be given a huge defense buff, speed boost, and CC immunities so while in revenge you canít be 1-2 shoting everyone, revenge works as itís designed for: to tank until help arrives or flee.

I want to hit on gear, something Iíve been raving about for a long time and thatís the elimination of Defense Penentration. Attack should be a direct counter to defense. One stat should not nullify 3 stats worth of gear. I also think that the change to gear back in season 2: making gear choices much harder and thus more preferential to player, was not achieved. There are only a couple stats that seem to be based on preference. That includes execution health vs. revive and revenge duration vs defense. The rest are, with the exception of certain heroes, pretty cut and paste.

Customizations are just obnoxious in my opinion because they donít add much flavor. You spend so much time getting to a Rep to get them how you want them to look just for the only difference of character compared to others being strictly color honestly. The gear all looks the same with the exception of weapons, which is the smallest and unidentifiable part of the character while in combat. Half the ornaments are total trash and no one in their right mind would waste steal on them. As stated, allow ornaments on all gear, allow a better customization of gears, and make material mean something to everyone rather than just knights and thier armors.

As for character ideas, Iíd love to see a quicker spear/sword and shield character. Mostly probably medieval rather than a Greek soldier because cent ruined that look and also weíve gotten away from the actual knight genre. Anyways, picture a medieval spearman (what ever kind you like) with shield strapped to one arm. He works much like HL and has a range mode and he can put away his spear or maybe as like an UB throw it and draw his sword for short range for knights. I enjoy the idea of a Mongolian warrior for samurai or maybe a type of Indian warrior as they would have beautiful colors and headresses ect. Itíd be a little more fresh in my opinion. Unlike knights and Vikings, samurai havenít been able to push out of thier immediate faction boundaries much. Vikings are a tough choice. Iíd like to see a character based around Skadi though with a use of a bow and a hunting knife. With Vikings being the most gender locked might as well even out the male gender lock with females.

Illyrian_King
03-24-2018, 01:42 PM
Nice ideas, but stop with this culture mix-up.

I bought this game to play knights/samurai/vikings and not romans/scotts/pikts

Achelaos
03-27-2018, 11:44 AM
@mrmistark I agree on everything except the character section on your post. Maybe would be a good thing to tweak the gear not having revenge stats bot something else. Revenge can be ficed to be standard for everyone! ;)

@Illyrian_King you got a point but i don't believe the game can survive having only 3 factions, people like playing more heroes (even from different era)

Okita_Soji..
03-27-2018, 12:03 PM
Some of you I just don't get. Do people not understand it is supposed to be a faction war between the 3? This isn't a medieval street fighter knock off. It's like playing the game Friday the 13th and saying I want to play as a different horror villain so where's Freddy, or even classic ones like Frankenstein or the mummy, creature from the black lagoon. They don't fit in that game. Same goes here, stop with I want a play as different warriors from all time it's not what this game is about.

SpaceJim12
03-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Some of you I just don't get. Do people not understand it is supposed to be a faction war between the 3? This isn't a medieval street fighter knock off. It's like playing the game Friday the 13th and saying I want to play as a different horror villain so where's Freddy, or even classic ones like Frankenstein or the mummy, creature from the black lagoon. They don't fit in that game. Same goes here, stop with I want a play as different warriors from all time it's not what this game is about.

Well, you could tell it to Gladiator, Centurion and Shaman, as long as she looks like aztec death machine.
Real faction war was just marketing trick covered, guess what, medieval street fighter. And as long as I don't like this, we can't deny that word "faction" means almost nothing in this game.
Most funny to see people who choose nickname like "Samurai_2018", plays on Shaman and belong to Knight Faction.

ChampionRuby50g
03-27-2018, 12:27 PM
^^

Donít you mean the Faction War? I havenít warred against fractions since year 11 maths class :/ So yeah, fractions donít mean anything, I guess youíre right about that.

Vakris_One
03-27-2018, 12:38 PM
The war against fractions never ends. Every time the bills come in, boom! You're pulled right back in!!!

SpaceJim12
03-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Don’t you mean the Faction War? I haven’t warred against fractions since year 11 maths class :/ So yeah, fractions don’t mean anything, I guess you’re right about that.

English language is not my native language, so I could made some mistakes, sorry.
But still, I hope you understood, what I wanted to say.

Okita_Soji..
03-27-2018, 02:55 PM
How far off are we from adding magic to the game? Lets make a Merlin hero he'd be cool shooting lightning and fireballs. Maybe even added shape shifting. Using those frost masks as inspiration, Samurai could turn into a dragon, Knights could turn into an eagle and Vikings could be a buffalo.....

They have altered the game enough with the DLC heroes we currently have so lets not make it worse. The game is a fraction of what it was so unless there is a For Honor 2 planned this is all we get. How about just adding more variations of the 3 factions we have as there are plenty of weapons and armors not used yet.

BTTrinity
03-27-2018, 03:07 PM
First of all, I want to see direct damage feats go, anything along those lines that just completely negate the concept of skill based fighter do not belong in this game.

nerf market prices, it shouldnt take me an entire week to get an execution or 2.

I'd definitely LOVE to see a seige game-mode similar to the one in the knights campaign.

SpaceJim12
03-27-2018, 03:37 PM
How far off are we from adding magic to the game?

Magic could explain how fragile girl Peacekeeper could stop huge HL's claymore with her knives. And how full armored guy with a shield couldn't stop little girl from punch him with her bald head.
Magic could help this game a lot.

xAnaToMx
03-27-2018, 04:25 PM
I would like to see this for vikings, what else can you give them??

https://prnt.sc/ix3t6r

SpaceJim12
03-27-2018, 05:08 PM
I would like to see this for vikings, what else can you give them??

Another hybrid? Bers + Valky, too fast, too ridiculous to deal with?

Hormly
03-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Vikings need a huge dude covered in animal hide swinging a wooden cudgel/hammer

xAnaToMx
03-27-2018, 06:41 PM
Another hybrid? Bers + Valky, too fast, too ridiculous to deal with?

Nah, it's just concept how it would look like. use 2 different weapon types etc.

ChampionRuby50g
03-27-2018, 08:38 PM
English language is not my native language, so I could made some mistakes, sorry.
But still, I hope you understood, what I wanted to say.

Sorry man. I can be a bit of a smart @ss at times, especially after a long day before Iím about to go to bed. So thatís my bad, I get English is a hard to learn language.

Achelaos
03-28-2018, 12:23 PM
There are 3 faction yes... so you can imagine other heores as mercenaries that join in to help each faction, a thing that exited even in real life (mercenaries).

I believe the game needs one more Hybrid class.

I don't like the straight damaging and aoe feats as a fellow already said before.

A suggestion is that use aoe feats like catapult strike on a specific SIEGE mode for example, but to get this feat (1 use per player or something) should be difficult and it would help to bring down a tower or a wall.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-28-2018, 12:44 PM
NO.
MORE.
ROMANS.

Please...

I get people are obsessed with 300, I get it. But the Knight faction is sorely lacking in actual knights already. We need some more 14th/15th century themed European knights in proper armour with some decent swords! No more of these bronze-armour clad, massive-shield wielding pre-biblical buggers! The Centurion and the Gladiator are already out-of-place enough as it is. We don't need more!

Same thing goes for the other fighter. As cool as it would be to see something from another culture like that? The time period difference is just too absurd. The idea of 11th century vikings, 13th century knights and 15th century samurai all fighting eachother is crazy enough on its own, sure, but at least they're all within a few centuries of eachother. The Romans and Egyptians were in power literally a thousand years before all of them!

Yes, I know it's "fantasy" and all that. But seriously, if you suggested a WWI era infantryman with a bolt action rifle and a semi-auto handgun as a playable class, it'd be less of a time stretch! The two existing "Roman" classes get a begrudging free pass because they're from a "long lost, thought dead empire" - and even they are seperated enough from their ancient counterparts to sort of get away with it (the Centurion not using a shield and wearing steel plate armour, the Gladiator with a buckler shield) But I, for one, have had enough of them!

Give me a damn knight for once! Give me somebody in armour, with a sword and shield or a mace or, hell, an infantryman in a kettle helmet with brigandine and a pike! That'd be more acceptable to me than another half-naked hoplite wannabe wearing a few bits of bronze!

SpaceJim12
03-28-2018, 12:45 PM
There are 3 faction yes... so you can imagine other heores as mercenaries that join in to help each faction, a thing that exited even in real life (mercenaries).

I think it would be better if devs concentrate on customization options. I don't feel that there are a lot free space for new game mechanics, especialy with fragile balance we have now.
But using customizations you could achive some of heroes concepts. For example hypapist could be a Gladiator with full changed view. Bigger shield and spear, but have same moves and mechanics.

Devils-_-legacy
03-28-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm probably the minority thinking this but I would much they expanded on the base fractions culturean example is samurai stay more in the Asian style then jumping to Egypt i dont like the idea of drag more cultures into the mix I would much rather they expanded on the base fractions
knight have maybe a new warrior with the billhook or baton even a maul of sorts.
Samurai id love to see traditional weapons make an apperance like the bo/sai or maybe the more eccentric hook blades or tofa a more offensive pole arm like guando(green cresent blade type)

Veerdin-Wraith
03-28-2018, 01:00 PM
I don't care if they expand on the cultures, as long as people stop with these absurd time period jumps! I don't mind the Shaman, Highlander, Shinobi or Aramusha (culturally speaking, balance is a different story) because they at least fit in. The Shaman is a crazy forest dwelling hermit, kind of like a psychopathic druid, that's fine. The Highlander? He's basically a 16th Century Scottish mercenary! That's cool. Shinobi was a job title that consisted of scouts and espionage agents and existed all throughout the feudal Japanese era, and Aramusha are just masterless samurai working a swords for hire. They all work in the context of the game's world. But the Centurion and Gladiator? No, that's too far into the past.

There were hundreds of warriors from the 11th-15th Century. You want some cool ideas for new Knight classes? Well, guess what? Europe was hugely diverse during the mid and late medieval eras. Why not a Germanic-style knight in Gothic armour with a two-handed flamberge? Or a French-style glaive-wielding class in a jack-of-plates? Hell, a 13th century "Crusader" or "Templar" style class with a sword or mace and a shield would be a neat addition!

The Samurai? Why are we stuck in Japan? Why not get some Chinese style warriors, somebody with a Jian or a Dao, perhaps? Or if you want to go a bit more outlandish, what about an Indian Rajput with a curved sabre? or an Arabic Hashashim class with gnarly hooked daggers? Get some Korean or Filipino style characters into the mix, why not? The Chosen are supposedly built out of a mixed culture, how come they're all speaking Japanese and using katanas?

And the Vikings? Northern Europe had a lot of variety, too. We could get a great big dude with a giant warhammer, we could get a guy with two seaxes, or a class that throws javelins! We could get some Vendal style classes, or even more from the Gaelic/Celtic region if you wanted to go for that.

But the Knights in particular need some actual knights. No more Romans, no more Greeks, no Spartans, no Athenians and no Persians! There are plenty of games that let you play as characters like that, I'm sick of them! Give me some proper, medieval-era KNIGHTS!