PDA

View Full Version : More in-depth Shoving Attacks

DoodTheMan
03-19-2018, 12:22 AM
What if all of the moves where you shove people, either from running or from GB, would steadily drain stamina but would continue indefinitely until either the attacker ran OOS, the receiver hits a wall, or the attacker manually ends the attack. Meanwhile on the other end, the receiving player would have some sort of struggle system in order to escape the move prematurely. Here's the real tradeoff - if you escape the move rather than your opponent stopping it early or the move ending naturally, your character will also reverse the momentum of the attack and the attacker will be stumbled for several steps, and could wallsplat or be ledged if they are too close to hazards. Also, the attacker ending the move would not shove the receiver any greater distance after the move ends, so the Raider doesn't throw you another 5+ feet so you slide off of the cliff or LB doesn't stumble you back a few more steps into the spikes after he ends his impale, you would have to commit all of the stamina required to utilize a hazard.

I just thought it would be cool if there was an extra layer to these attacks beyond "oh Raider got me, I guess I'm dead". Depending on the situation, this could be advantageous for either party. If you're fighting someone head-on they couldn't just pick you up and immediately cross you out, they would have to carefully consider how long to keep the move going before you could escape and put their back to the hazard/ledge them with their own move. But on the flip side if you catch someone by surprise, or if you gamble and they can't manage to escape, you could potentially go farther than the move currently allows to gain an advantage/kill them.

Danish_Crusader
03-19-2018, 12:27 AM
Do you want to borrow my shovel? If you are going to be killing the Lawbringer, you may aswell have the tools to bury him.

DoodTheMan
03-19-2018, 02:00 AM
Do you want to borrow my shovel? If you are going to be killing the Lawbringer, you may aswell have the tools to bury him.

I know right? Such a travesty. How can Ubisoft leave a character with only one move for so long?