PDA

View Full Version : Anti Sonar coating?

Aragorn87
04-25-2005, 02:25 AM
I just got this for the first time for my VIIB, Anyone who has it: How effective is it compared to not having it when dealing with DDs? Thanks

Aragorn87
04-25-2005, 02:25 AM
I just got this for the first time for my VIIB, Anyone who has it: How effective is it compared to not having it when dealing with DDs? Thanks

quillan
04-25-2005, 08:32 AM
How effective? I couldn't say. It's better to have it than not. It'll most likely give you some situations where you won't be picked up by ASDIC where you would have been without it, but it doesn't make you immune. You can and will be detected if they get close enough and they have a side view on your boat.

Aragorn87
04-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks

Johnny_JG2
04-26-2005, 08:49 PM
I have it and several times I know that it has saved me from being detected.

I can hear the ASDIC going off fairly nearby, then it gets louder and louder- obviously he's pointing it at my bearing.. but it eventually just stops and I am not detected. In that same situation I know I would have been detected without the coating, since I can hear that ASDIC pretty strong.

Of course, it doesn't make you immune- you still need to point your stern at him where possible and give the smallest profile.