PDA

View Full Version : Secondary hero suggestions?

VikingHippie
03-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Hi.
So i played for honor when it came out. I stopped around season 2.
I have the last couple of days started to play it again, playing a lot of Nobushi.
I still have a lot to learn about her, since i am only Rep 2. I have only just started doing moves involving hidden stance.
But i am starting to get a bit tired of her. So i am looking for another hero to learn a bit.
I would like the hero to be more deffensive than Nobushi, but still being able to do nice combos. I personally dont like the very slow attacking classes like Shugoki.
I have thought a bit about Shaman, but i feel like she is a very confusing class.
If you have an idea of what could be fun for me to pick up, i would be thankfull if you would post it, explaining why you think the class is good. :)
Thank you in advance.

ChampionRuby50g
03-19-2018, 12:17 AM
If you like Hybrids, as Nobushi is one, but want a more defensive style play I recommend Lawbringer. He has some of the, if not the, best parry punishes in the game, lots of HP and can deal some serious damage too. Granted, some of his attacks are slow, but he does have a few quick ones and plenty of mix up options to keep your opponents guessing.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-19-2018, 01:03 AM
it sounds like Conqueror is a good candidate for you.

Strong defense with above average hp and extremely relaxed options for chaining attacks. You can transition into a combo smoothly from a flail uppercut.

Danish_Crusader
03-19-2018, 01:11 AM
Don't go for the Lawbringer unless you are ready to have your *** handed to you by most classes.
As a Lawbringer, you are slow, so very very slow, you have to wait for the enemy to attack most of the time, because your attacks are so slow that they can either interrupt you before you land your hit, or easily block/parry/dodge your attacks.

Patience is what is needed to play a lawbringer, and patience will eventually run out.

Any Assassin class, the Highlander and especially the Centurion will find you are a free kill, because the assassins keep dodging you and the Highlander and Centurion drains your stamina in seconds, knocks you down and then you die.

But that does mean that if you can kill these people, those executions get really satisfying.

Ianoneshot
03-19-2018, 03:06 AM
I think ubi hinted at a offensive spear knight hero...
or sword and shield hero... All I know that it's probably not a Roman.

Tyrjo
03-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Don't go for the Lawbringer unless you are ready to have your *** handed to you by most classes.
As a Lawbringer, you are slow, so very very slow, you have to wait for the enemy to attack most of the time, because your attacks are so slow that they can either interrupt you before you land your hit, or easily block/parry/dodge your attacks.

What do you mean? Lawbringer is top tier in the official data rankings.

VikingHippie
03-20-2018, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will check out all your suggestions.
I am also thinking a bit about learning Valkyrie, but that is solely because she has a spear.
Is she anything like Nobushi?

ChampionRuby50g
03-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will check out all your suggestions.
I am also thinking a bit about learning Valkyrie, but that is solely because she has a spear.
Is she anything like Nobushi?

Valk is a lot of fun once you learn her, but unfortunately one of the weakest classes ATM. Hopefully she is getting a major rebalance/rework soon, so it might be worth picking her up now.

I canít say if she is like Nobushi or not as Iíve never played Nobs.

pimmas01
03-20-2018, 12:34 PM
unfortunately, the defensive counterattackers like Lawbringer and Orochi are in a bad spot and tbh has been since release. they've only gotten worse.
both have a very passive gameplan and that in light of new characters with tons of mixups, unblockables and fast attacks makes them, bad.

out of the two of them Lawbringer can be good, mostly in 4v4 since he brings a lot of control and he can hold his own long enough for help to arrive. in 1on1s however you have no initiators at all, and the better opponent, the slower you will have to fight. you have to completely rely on block into push for a light/grab mixup. it's extremely boring.
i played him to prestige7 in the beginning and enjoyed his heavy playstyle and satisfying punishes, but in 1on1 against higher opponents he is the epitome of turtling and you will recieve endless flak for playing him. at a high level he is not fun to either play as or against.

I'd advice you to go outside your comfort zone and instead get something more aggressive. in duels you will need a character with fast attacks, but i prefer the heavy ones. these are some of my own favourites;
Kensei is comparably complicated now with all his tricks, but he's a vanguard who plays like an assassin.
Highlander have a very unique playstyle and you might get frustrated trying to learn how to play him. if you have no interest in him already, you probably shouldn't pick him up. he's like a boulder, you will struggle to get him moving but once he does he'll roll right over the enemy.
Conqueror may seem like the typical defensive character and he does have many defensive tools, but with the recent changes he's got some really reliable mixups to make him more useful as the attacker.

normally i would also recommend the Raider, but he has been left behind with the release of new characters. his once useful tools are now laughable.
also, Centurion and Aramusha are fun one-trick ponies, they rely on overwhelming others.