PDA

View Full Version : Your most hated thing about For Honor?

Nokhchalla
03-17-2018, 06:54 PM
I wanted to make this thread, both for the devs but also for the community, to see what the majority of players hate about For Honor and perhaps want to change. Now that we have dedicated servers and soon lag compensation implemented in the game, im having far less disconnects and errors, which is obviously something very appreciated on my end. But some aspects of this game that I absolutely dislike are the following:

1. Tracking, it's way too long IMO
2. GB on heavy.

Characters I hate most: Shaman and PK.

Well anyway, those are my two cents, what's yours?

GAV60
03-17-2018, 07:00 PM
Not being able to play it on my account right now because of technical issues and Ubi's support being an illusion.

Cliff_001
03-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Character balance.

bob333e
03-17-2018, 07:19 PM
I'll keep each point one sentence long:

- The unfair and over-inflated grinding system
- RNG dominating everything
- Terrible player progression and reward systems
- Being in a Faction means nothing outside of how the shape of your emblem looks like
- The joke of a matchmaker
- Mundane customization which is being rendered more frivolous with each new reskin/recycle
- Meme culture slowly taking over
- Over-abundance of ledges and environmental hazards everywhere
- Poorly designed 4v4 modes
- The Van Gogh and Picasso outfits we're getting every week
- Extremely lackey Singleplayer, lore still left hanging on the surface
- No lag compensation / timesnap yet and it's making the combat more enervating

There's quite some more but these are the main issues for me.

nufrancis
03-17-2018, 07:22 PM
after dedicated server implementation, Brawl and Tribute are unplayable... so sad T____T

TheTool85
03-17-2018, 07:27 PM
Hmm.
I wouldn't say hate, but what bothers me the most is the difference between what this game could have been, and what it is now...
And yeah... the unfair reward system of course..

Danish_Crusader
03-17-2018, 07:36 PM
Ganksquads.
They are ruining the game. OP characters can be dealt with, but when 4 people keep ganging up on 1-2 people, it is just not fun.

DoodTheMan
03-17-2018, 07:43 PM
Rando teammates.

JustNerf_em
03-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Not being able to switch maps after already chosen

Dry.Fish
03-17-2018, 08:08 PM
Queued button inputs.
Orders that require you to play with a friend.

Vakris_One
03-17-2018, 08:12 PM
The toxicity from the majority of the playerbase.

EvoX.
03-17-2018, 09:03 PM
1. 4v4's
2. No lag compensation in a multiplayer fighting game
3. Overpriced market designed to make you use more real money on the game

Protos_88
03-17-2018, 10:07 PM
~feint
~ spam fest
~ 0 balnce
~ ofc stupit shaman....
~ devs work

kldge101
03-17-2018, 10:22 PM
Not being able to rejoin a game that I get disconnected from, or lagged out of. Seriously. Why is it that If you're in a group of 4 and you go into dominion, you can't rejoin if the bot is still not replaced.

BTTrinity
03-17-2018, 10:27 PM
I wanted to make this thread, both for the devs but also for the community, to see what the majority of players hate about For Honor and perhaps want to change. Now that we have dedicated servers and soon lag compensation implemented in the game, im having far less disconnects and errors, which is obviously something very appreciated on my end. But some aspects of this game that I absolutely dislike are the following:

1. Tracking, it's way too long IMO
2. GB on heavy.

Characters I hate most: Shaman and PK.

Well anyway, those are my two cents, what's yours?

Direct. Damage. Feats. and being snowballed by them.

Stupidly overpriced market

Veerdin-Wraith
03-17-2018, 10:31 PM
Stunlocks.

I hate being unable to react to things. Every time an enemy breaks out one of the many, many combos that forces control away from me and makes me sit and watch while my braindead hero takes damage while I futility slam the "dodge" button drives me one step further away from the game.

DaLast_Samurai
03-17-2018, 10:39 PM
Yes, over powered feats taking fighting out of the eqaution at the end of matches!

Lack of character customization.
I don't just mean stop rehashing the same pieces.

But little things like Orochi's pants color and design being dependent on his chest armor.

Or for example...
Say I'm outfiting my character for the Attackers.
Would be so much cooler to be able to take any attacker color and place it anywhere in the pie circle of your three colors, to get the coloring and look you want.

And so on...

Ledging is way too easy.
When I'm guard broken or hit ten feet away from a ledge and just keep sliding back until I fall.

EDG_Avocado
03-18-2018, 01:01 AM
low player base, but due to bad execution of the game

mrmistark
03-18-2018, 03:15 AM
Well, itís hard to choose just 1. Iím sorry this may be a little long but Iíll put my top few:

-lack of Dev involvement on these forums unless itís a passive aggressive answer basically saying ďyour opinion/concerns dont matter because a few players reported ____Ē like with the obviously broken zone input on console. They also seem very selective on what posts they respond to as if they donít want to deal with the bigger problems because they take too much time. There is some posts that tend to be a lack of player skill/understanding of character/ect. But there are so many posts with great feedback that literally get completely blown off when multiple players contribute some real meaningful feedback. This is probably my biggest complaint because if they actually took these ideas into consideration, half the major combat problems would actually be fixed.

- Defense penetration and the fact that it negates 3 maxed out stats. This to me is absurd. Yes we got stuck in a defensive meta, but a characters base survivability wasnít the issue, it was parry mechanics. Now, especially with the increase of speed in combat in this game, you can easily kill another player with a few good hits. Defense penetration simply shouldnít be in the game. Attack should be the direct counter to defense, not an additional added multiplier.

- Lack of REAL customization. Seriously though, itís all reskin gear and the weapon designs are typically so small in fight that you canít tell the designs anyways for one of the only really customized items. On one hand you have awesome material customization for knights but the rest of the cast you barely notic a difference. The only thing that separates most players looks is the color scheme and separation of modest or boisterous ornaments. You have to get too many Rep points just to make your character barely stand out.

-the grind. The grind is real in this game. Yeah, I get it, ďwell some players have gotten to Rep 100+ already!Ē. Like, ok, I get Iíd probably be considered a ďcasualĒ because I can only play about an hour a day and donít live in my moms basement, but Iíve been playing since the beta and am way better than the average console player, yet I have only 45 Reps and only 2 maxed heroes to show for it. I can complete 8 or more orders in one day with champ status and a boost from salvage and still only get 2 levels completed for 1-1.5 hours of work.

RenegadeRasta
03-18-2018, 03:17 AM
For Honor.

Kelson27
03-18-2018, 03:47 AM
Iím currently orochi main on X1 for context...

1. Reflex guard, which leads too...

2. Ara light spam. Itís a thing, especially 4v4.

3. Kenshi, Canít put my finger on it but thereís something weird about him vs any other class. His dodge attack will follow you through Bermuda, and even though everyone says heís slow, his animations are all over the place, odd slow wind up and then blazing quick when the attack happens, which also seems to be at odds with the widget that canít keep up. Then...
4. Hyper armour. Makes sense on shugo, itís his slow lumbering demon heavy trading class. Too much on kenshi and zerk, no trade off. Maybe zerk could get a bleed damage applied to his hyper armour to fit his character... I dunno something else.

5. Rock steady... only useful when ganking some poor soul? Yeah... all feats are poorly thought out and terribly designed in general.

6. The to and fro. I personally enjoy battles with warden, raider, orochi, nobushi, pk, lb, warlord, Valk and glad. But against kensei, shaman, conq, cent (only in 4v4, heís fine 1v1) HL and especially ara, I never feel like I was beat by some who outplayed me. More like something cheap and nasty happened. I know the reworks need to come into it but right now, too much trading with hyper armour and no trade offs, unbreakables galore, lots of ďmoviesĒ where someone essentially holds you in place so you canít react and the idiot squad take you apart.

7. Revenge... auto parry and cancel everything on initiation please. What the hell else is it good for if youíre dead every time. Parry needs to knock everyone on their *** while active too... everyone. No gank friendly rocksteady bs.

Rushing, but I think that makes sense. Lots of improvements could be implemented too but in line with the thread Iíll stick to annoyances.

HazelrahFirefly
03-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Ranked Modes being almost entirely pointless to participate in

Unblockables, an already superior move, cancelling out parts of other kits (crushing counter and deflects)

Turtling and ganking. They are both a plague.

Tyrjo
03-18-2018, 08:57 AM
The grind. Slow steel and XP gain.

Baturai
03-18-2018, 11:44 AM
Unbalance among Heroes. Dominion is unplayable. Revenge is a Joke.

Specialkha
03-18-2018, 11:59 AM
Feats, inconsistency in gameplay, class balance (mostly in 4v4).