PDA

View Full Version : Im confused

Loi2e
03-17-2018, 02:37 AM
Im fairly new to this game and I fell in love with the 1v1 from the beginning. My character of choice is the peacekeeper. It took some time to get used to the timing but when I finally did I couldnt lose. Now, and I am accounting for higher level opponents and ai, I am beginning to hate this game as now none of my moves work correctly. My follow up stab with dagger is rarely, if ever working after lunge attacks and I am doing nothing different than before and im not out of stam, it just doesnt work. My blocks arent even coming up when they should, not parries but simple blocks. In short, the buttons and timing are no longer working, and this has nothing to do with my opponents, it is just constantly putting me in compromising positions because I push a button combo for a move when I have an opening, and it simply doesnt happen, so im screwed. I hit dodge and its as if its delayed, not to mention the fact it seems impossible to dodge shield breaks, which I find quite ridiculous. Any ideas? Because this game is going out the window soon.

bob333e
03-17-2018, 02:50 AM
Have you been here since before season 4? as of season 4, command responsiveness got hiccupped and it's more or less been that way since patch 1.15. Also, the season 5 patch introduced some controller vibration detection bugs, as well as some occurrences of zone attack input unresponsiveness.

It's also worth noting, with the implementation of dedicated servers, responsiveness changed again some more, some parry timings and deflect timings have changed to some degree. The servers introduced more lag and we're all waiting for the lag compensation system to kick in.

Lastly, I'd discourage using any aftermarket USB extension cords for your controller (if you use one), as they generate more delays in command input.

HazelrahFirefly
03-17-2018, 02:53 AM
You're not alone TC. I also main PK and during season 3 I could score every bleed stab available. Sometime in season 4 I no longer could. Its actually what made me start playing other heroes.

Now in season 5 I seem to have control of it again, but it took that long with my mainly being a weekend warrior.

Loi2e
03-17-2018, 03:17 AM
That very well could be it. My kdr is just dropping like mad and Im feeling pretty useless in 1v1 now. Just seems whatever Im trying to do, it doesnt work even though I have the time and position, and then I just get wrecked and have to run away if I can. Hardly finding it even worth it as ai is kicking my *** now.