PDA

View Full Version : Those lame fake out tactics.

Baggin_
03-16-2018, 07:25 PM
I was just wondering if those stupid tactics ( you know, the ones where warlord sprints at you and either does his push or gbs you. Or like the ones where conq dashes at you and can either sheild bash or gb.) are going to be patched out of the game. They're not so much mind games and mix-ups as they are cheap tatics in forcing a player to do a reaction while oos so you can get a max punish. It also just looks really awkward and stupid. I don't see many people talk about this, but it is something that has always bugged me about the game. I can't imagine this was intended while you guys were developing the game.

EvoX.
03-16-2018, 08:16 PM
Those are not going away anytime soon, probably never at that. If you couldn't force a reaction out of an opponent then they can just turtle infinitely and capitalize on your mistakes, which was the exact problem with this game before S5's update hit.

Baggin_
03-16-2018, 08:25 PM
Those are not going away anytime soon, probably never at that. If you couldn't force a reaction out of an opponent then they can just turtle infinitely and capitalize on your mistakes, which was the exact problem with this game before S5's update hit.

There are plenty of ways to force a reaction from a player while not making the game look as stupid as that. Especially with the way it's going with the soft feints and unblockables. So they should very much go away.

bob333e
03-16-2018, 08:33 PM
The current major problem with OOS punish situations is assassins spamming backdodge to safety when they go OOS and deny you virtually any punishes. And this, makes combat sillier than what it's supposed to be. Universal changes to backdodging should hopefully alleviate the issue.

Another issue worth noting is that you can initiate a running attack while just spinning 360 on the spot and moving literally 2 feet forward, which should also be addressed, though I have no idea how they would address that.

Baggin_
03-16-2018, 08:38 PM
The current major problem with OOS punish situations is assassins spamming backdodge to safety when they go OOS and deny you virtually any punishes. And this, makes combat sillier than what it's supposed to be. Universal changes to backdodging should hopefully alleviate the issue.

Another issue worth noting is that you can initiate a running attack while just spinning 360 on the spot and moving literally 2 feet forward, which should also be addressed, though I have no idea how they would address that.

Making it so you have to be sprinting for 3 seconds straight before you can activate it would solve the problem. And making it so you can't try a gb 600ms after a dodge would solve the other. Backing dashing while oos should give you 1/2 the distance as normal and shouldn't make you invulnerable unless you time it just right.

Thorstein31
03-16-2018, 08:49 PM
Why donīt you guys ask to change the skin of the good old warlord and raider to a punch bag, plus lower the hit points for something like 10, problem solved! To say the truth there is too much complain about everything, shure there are a lot of problems with the game and the direction it is heading, but this sort of thing is not an issue. It will always be a matter of using the strong points of the hero you are playing against the weakness of the other.

Baggin_
03-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Why donīt you guys ask to change the skin of the good old warlord and raider to a punch bag, plus lower the hit points for something like 10, problem solved! To say the truth there is too much complain about everything, shure there are a lot of problems with the game and the direction it is heading, but this sort of thing is not an issue. It will always be a matter of using the strong points of the hero you are playing against the weakness of the other.
Uh? What were you readin? I wasn't asking for nerfs to them.

WastedPunk
03-16-2018, 11:36 PM
Probably never,if Ubisoft actually gave a ****,it probably would've been patched/fixed a few weeks post launch considering this has been an issue since day one.
But nope,they are never gonna do anything about it and fanboys will keep telling you to "git gud,it's completely REACTABLE you just suck"

RenegadeTX2000
03-16-2018, 11:40 PM

I hate that damn ALI SHUFFLE into run attack, Lawbringer be hitting me with that all day sometimes.