PDA

View Full Version : Friendly fire needs BIG toning

GMG Peter
03-15-2018, 06:07 PM
As I didnt see any major thread on this in a loong time, I decided to make one.

Iam not sure about current value but i think its 20-25% correct me here if U know better.

On the other hand, there is a ton of threads, demanding better 4v4 balance, ganking balance, spam balance and the list goes oooon...
So what?? - - - increase FF to 75-100% and make punishment for teamkill.

I find it VERY SlLLY to see 1vX fights, where the teammates are DESPERATELY trying to be that one, Who will struck the final blow, no matter what. No matter the hits teammates have to take from you in order to get that "heroic" kill. For maybe like half a year i didnt see a team not doing this. Teammates carefully picking their atacks, not to hit friendly.
Short version - it looks more like a moba fight than actual mechanics.

Now what could make raising the FF (friendly fire) solve???
- ganking
- spam in XvX
- less frustration for beginners
How?? Its incredibly easy, with high (75-100%) FF and TK punishment, you would be forced to be much more carefull in gankfights, because killing your mate would be fatal for your team AND for your score.
This alone would make XvX fights much less spam in all directions, more tactic and teamplay AND much more fun.

Btw, IT would also look realistic and that was the way for the game since ever. But Iam not sure anymore with the recent memeculture goin on here lol.

UbiJurassic
03-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, GMG Peter. The team is aware that ganking is still a large concern for some players in-game and we'll make sure to note your suggestion.

I'd love to hear other players thoughts on this though. Do you all agree that friendly-fire should be increased and have a larger punishment?

CandleInTheDark
03-15-2018, 07:06 PM
I'd love to hear other players thoughts on this though. Do you all agree that friendly-fire should be increased and have a larger punishment?

I think if revenge were made less potent as an attacking force (people have made suggestions for making it more defensive which is more palatable if it has to be there at all), sure, go for it with a matchmaking penalty system to prevent griefing. Revenge is supposed to be the 'anti-gank' so any change of this nature would need to be balanced along with that.

swiss_soldier_1
03-15-2018, 07:08 PM
definitly agree. it would immediatly help solve the ganking problem as attacks with allies nearby should be thrown more carefully.

and it also makes sense, i mean, a raider's zone that passes through all his teammates and delivers what, 5 damage to each of them, and then hits me for 50 damage?
i can take that damage if his allies suffer from it too!!!

and it would totally add to realism, which is a thing this game needs very much

NB:
people will need time to adjust to this and change their playstyle a bit, because right now it's common to just jump in and throw attacks when you see an ally fighting. it will definitly take time, but in the long term it will improve the game. the combat system is called "art of war"? good. with friendly fire you'll need to really think before attacking

griefing can easily be kept at bay with smart penalties

GMG Peter
03-15-2018, 07:27 PM
Thank you all for your replies, i agree that it would change the feel of a game, but i think to a good way. Veterans and newbies of the forum and game can agree at one thing - more tactics and less randomness is what we all want to see for the future.
We can surely talk about details, like Candle said revenge can be affected and those are things, we need to keep an eye for.
But basically such a change does need a minimum of work to be done and can hugely affect the gameplay in a good way for all of us :)

Devils-_-legacy
03-15-2018, 07:30 PM
If they make ff bigger There needs to be more incentive to fight smart your team mates should get minus renown for killing a teammember

pure_energist
03-15-2018, 07:37 PM
If Friendly Fire was increased then there must be a penalty as well. The most effective penalty would be to kill the offender with a re spawn delay that would increase for every team kill. Accidental kills would decrease as people would start wanting to protect their own lives and those doing it willfully would be removed from game play for extended periods. The team would still suffer with a lack of players but not as much as an active traitor. These solutions seem like they could be implemented into the system already in place. I know a lot of people love to demand changes and just assume these changes can happen magically with the stroke of a programmers key.. But if this is something that could be programmed without much effort then perhaps give us some events where this friendly fire mode is tested. I'd love to play the game where a 4 vs 4 creates more incentive to not blindly attack in numbers and maybe allow the "I got this" message to have an actual use.

Devils-_-legacy
03-15-2018, 07:38 PM
No a delay in respawn time imo would be more damaging to the team as a whole then the one personaly spamming attacks specially if your against a gank squad one less member on the field really puts you at a handi-cap

GMG Peter
03-15-2018, 08:08 PM
If Friendly Fire was increased then there must be a penalty as well. The most effective penalty would be to kill the offender with a re spawn delay that would increase for every team kill. Accidental kills would decrease as people would start wanting to protect their own lives and those doing it willfully would be removed from game play for extended periods. The team would still suffer with a lack of players but not as much as an active traitor. These solutions seem like they could be implemented into the system already in place. I know a lot of people love to demand changes and just assume these changes can happen magically with the stroke of a programmers key.. But if this is something that could be programmed without much effort then perhaps give us some events where this friendly fire mode is tested. I'd love to play the game where a 4 vs 4 creates more incentive to not blindly attack in numbers and maybe allow the "I got this" message to have an actual use.

I had simillar thought as well. The kill with respawn delay increased each time looks good to me. It is a bit extreme, but it guarantee that TK will not be good option, forcing you to reconsider strategy.

ALSO i had just realized, that FF increase should be apllied to feats as well, for example - catapult.. It May help much in toning those critical feats Down, they need it too

JadeBosson.
03-16-2018, 03:36 AM
there was a post about this the other day as if it is increase ppl might grief also bots like to slap you in the back with heavys was mentioned
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1850537-FF-for-Dominion

as a nobushi I might axdently kill allys every now and then with the current settings lol