PDA

View Full Version : why won't Bf110s target enemy planes?

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 04:56 PM
I set up a scenario in FMB with Bf 109s assisted by Bf 110s intercepting Russian Pe 2's and Tu 2's. But the Bf 110s just flew right past the Soviets as if they weren't there.

Are they only able to perform ground attack? It seems unfortunate, since even the IL2 jabo will take on enemy fighters. After all, though the Bf 110 wasn't a champ against better enemy fighters, it was certainly used to intercept bombers. Any tips or is it just not in the game design?

Having said that I'd also love to have a flyable Bf 110 in future patches/add-ons.

Matt

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 04:56 PM
I set up a scenario in FMB with Bf 109s assisted by Bf 110s intercepting Russian Pe 2's and Tu 2's. But the Bf 110s just flew right past the Soviets as if they weren't there.

Are they only able to perform ground attack? It seems unfortunate, since even the IL2 jabo will take on enemy fighters. After all, though the Bf 110 wasn't a champ against better enemy fighters, it was certainly used to intercept bombers. Any tips or is it just not in the game design?

Having said that I'd also love to have a flyable Bf 110 in future patches/add-ons.

Matt

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 05:03 PM
Odd.... I've never had trouble in getting 110's to attack either fighters or bombers..... but then again I've never had to "try" to make them.

Check what their waypoints are set to- make sure it is Normfly and not Gattack.

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 05:10 PM
Maybe that was it. I'll try another FMB and check their waypoint. Thanks.

Matt

P.S. I still want a flyable Bf 110 (for Christmas!?).

NegativeGee wrote:
- Check what their waypoints are set to- make sure it
- is Normfly and not Gattack.