PDA

View Full Version : For honor? More like For Cowards.

WarGods1
03-15-2018, 06:42 AM
I played 13 matches today on dominion and every single ****in match the entire team was ganking together and traveling in packs like the ****'less cowards they know themselfs to be. Every match was with different people yet the same play style with at least 2 heroes spamming unblockables. So my question is what the hell happened to this game??? Is this what the devs want for honor to be, a ganking festival with unblockable spamming requiring no skill whatsoever. I have over 600 hours in this game but i finally called it quits. I was gonna wait till the end of S5 to see how this game turns out after the reworks but no it is clear that after the rework their will be even more heroes with unblockable attacks. The direction this game has taken has removed it completely from a skill based game. This game could have been something amazing that lasts for years to come but no, you ****ed it up (more and more with each season).

BarbeQMichael
03-15-2018, 07:44 AM
That is the whole point of dominion, gank and meddle around. It is meant to get you the feeling of massive fight where you are not expected to live very long, a place where tactics or skill don't play a role. You should stick to 1v1 or 2x1v1 if you want honorable fights where player skill (and choice of hero) decides the outcome, but it is not for everyone as some people say it can get boresome due to it's slower and more tactical approach.

WarGods1
03-15-2018, 08:42 AM
That is the whole point of dominion, gank and meddle around. It is meant to get you the feeling of massive fight where you are not expected to live very long, a place where tactics or skill don't play a role. You should stick to 1v1 or 2x1v1 if you want honorable fights where player skill (and choice of hero) decides the outcome, but it is not for everyone as some people say it can get boresome due to it's slower and more tactical approach.

I would play duel or brawl but I'm on pc. It takes 20 - 30 minutes just to find a match on duel. Not to mention I can't even get in a brawl match. The only mode i am left with is dominion, which was tolerable in the past, but as it stands right now i find no joy playing it.
I would love to have another mode like battle royal or free for all but with the current pc player base, the game would be long dead before they even release a new mode to play.

Charmzzz
03-15-2018, 09:17 AM
Duel on PC (Europe) takes max. 3 minutes for me to find a match. Maybe your region is very sparsely populated?

And concerning Dominion, it always was like this from release onwards. Ganking Squads were around forever. But that tactic does not play out if nobody confronts them. When they are running as a full squad, just take the other 2 points? And when they come for you, run away. That way they will split or lose the game. Did that plenty of times.

CptMatsumaru
03-15-2018, 11:06 AM
I played 13 matches today on dominion and every single ****in match the entire team was ganking together and traveling in packs like the ****'less cowards they know themselfs to be. Every match was with different people yet the same play style with at least 2 heroes spamming unblockables. So my question is what the hell happened to this game??? Is this what the devs want for honor to be, a ganking festival with unblockable spamming requiring no skill whatsoever. I have over 600 hours in this game but i finally called it quits. I was gonna wait till the end of S5 to see how this game turns out after the reworks but no it is clear that after the rework their will be even more heroes with unblockable attacks. The direction this game has taken has removed it completely from a skill based game. This game could have been something amazing that lasts for years to come but no, you ****ed it up (more and more with each season).

Nice to read that it's not just me.

I can only enjoy "For Honor" in bot mode, which of course gets boring with time.
Or if I'm lucky to find a good duel.
But Dominion often does not play.
And yes, you can hit 100 players, they all play their character the same. spam the same buttons.

Do not let them bother you. You will often hear that it is up to you that you can not play for honor and you will get many tutorials under your nose.

Redkey.
03-15-2018, 12:26 PM
Ganks? You not playing an openworld MMO. It's a Dominion, mode that exist in Battlfield,Overwatch. and many other games. If you are less in teamfight so it's your fault. It's rules and they the same for both sides.
I am amazed by the number of сazuals. Stop flaming and posting this **** again and again - you just don't now how to play this mode.

CptMatsumaru
03-15-2018, 12:31 PM
Ganks? You not playing an openworld MMO. It's a Dominion, mode that exist in Battlfield,Overwatch. and many other games. If you are less in teamfight so it's your fault. It's rules and they the same for both sides.
I am amazed by the number of сazuals. Stop flaming and posting this **** again and again - you just don't now how to play this mode.

No.
If a 4vs 4 turns into a gank, the players are definitely to blame and never the matchmaking / balance.

Charmzzz
03-15-2018, 12:42 PM
No.
If a 4vs 4 turns into a gank, the players are definitely to blame and never the matchmaking / balance.

Exactly, although your post was meant ironically. But you got the point! If 4 people can team up, so can you. If one player decides to run into a 4 man gank squad, it is his fault. Not the Matchmakers, not the Devs, not anyones fault but the person doing it...

Ianoneshot
03-15-2018, 02:24 PM
When I see an enemy gank is when I divise a plan. I lour them to a ledge, I parry ALL their attacks- so eventually you will get revenge. Initialize it and ledge all of them.

When MY team is ganking I don't join them, I see it as a distraction for the enemy team. So I rush to all open objectives to take them.

bob333e
03-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Ganking is part of the 4v4 gameplay; the issue isn't the ganking itself, it's that it is heavily encouraged through poor map design and poor game mode design in general.

Adding Friendly Fire and TK punishments/bans are effectively discouraging ganking; however, it's better to encourage the behavior you want, than discourage the behavior you don't want.

As in, Friendly Fire and TK bans are bandaid solutions; they'll still ultimately solve little around ganking in general. By trying to discourage ganking through punishing ganks, you effectively encourage things you don't want.

Instead, they should revisit how Dominion is played, and making it so that if a team decides to gang up and gank around the map, they'd actually be on the losing side if they're not careful; without penalizing them with bans or anything, and without letting teammates kill each other. This would of course involve reworking the concept of how Dominion is played, adding more objectives, adding more goals to achieve, and of course making the maps bigger and the investments into zone capture/defense greater. Effectively encouraging an actual objective mode instead of just capturing A and C and then deathballing around the map for easy renown.

WarGods1
03-15-2018, 10:13 PM

I will post whatever the hell I want. With that said did i offend your cowardice playstyle? if you ****in enjoy the game mode as it is then go play i don't need your damn comment telling me how to play the game.

WarGods1
03-15-2018, 10:19 PM
Ganking is part of the 4v4 gameplay; the issue isn't the ganking itself, it's that it is heavily encouraged through poor map design and poor game mode design in general.

Adding Friendly Fire and TK punishments/bans are effectively discouraging ganking; however, it's better to encourage the behavior you want, than discourage the behavior you don't want.

As in, Friendly Fire and TK bans are bandaid solutions; they'll still ultimately solve little around ganking in general. By trying to discourage ganking through punishing ganks, you effectively encourage things you don't want.

Instead, they should revisit how Dominion is played, and making it so that if a team decides to gang up and gank around the map, they'd actually be on the losing side if they're not careful; without penalizing them with bans or anything, and without letting teammates kill each other. This would of course involve reworking the concept of how Dominion is played, adding more objectives, adding more goals to achieve, and of course making the maps bigger and the investments into zone capture/defense greater. Effectively encouraging an actual objective mode instead of just capturing A and C and then deathballing around the map for easy renown.

I agree with all your suggestions man. Those would make significant differences in how dominion is played. As it stands right every match i play is deathballing to the end which is unacceptable to me.

swiss_soldier_1
03-15-2018, 10:22 PM
do people really speak about battlefield or overwatch to justify ganking? ahhahahahahhahahaha!

sorry but what? those are shooters! i was a great bf4 player and i could be surrounded but still kill them all, because all it took was SHOOTING and in a matter of seconds the enemy i had in front was dead. turn over, shoot again, be faster, and you'll surive forever in battlefield.

for honor its a MEDIEVAL game. you have to get close your enemy and it will take TIME to kill him.

seriously....

Devils-_-legacy
03-15-2018, 10:32 PM
A can actually agree with that imo this game is much better when you don't get a gank squad in the 2.5k of pvp I've played I've noticed that every game I'm in since s5 I've only been against ganks there's no incentive to play as a random player

bob333e
03-15-2018, 10:33 PM
I agree with all your suggestions man. Those would make significant differences in how dominion is played. As it stands right every match i play is deathballing to the end which is unacceptable to me.

Honestly I'd rather they get rid of Dominion altogether and replace it with an 8v8 Siege Mode; and the zone capture/defense is part of what Siege Mode would be in overall. As it stands, Dominion is just an unrefined prototype, half-arsed through into the live version of the game, and kept as-is. It feels like a watered down version of what a real massive objective mode would be.

WarGods1
03-15-2018, 10:38 PM
Nice to read that it's not just me.

I can only enjoy "For Honor" in bot mode, which of course gets boring with time.
Or if I'm lucky to find a good duel.
But Dominion often does not play.
And yes, you can hit 100 players, they all play their character the same. spam the same buttons.

Do not let them bother you. You will often hear that it is up to you that you can not play for honor and you will get many tutorials under your nose.
Yeah i played with bots for a while but it got too boring and easy. I tried to get myself in dominion but with will deathballing going on i find joy playing it. So I'm gonna take a long break from this game untill they decide to make some changes to dominion or add a new type of mode.

paulwall_816
03-16-2018, 01:03 AM
So i am not the only one that sees this game as ******** theres no honor in this anymore no skill in this game just bunch of scrubs that cant fight their own battles. The jumping has been getting worse to me when season 4 came out. BTW dominion mode doesnt stand for jumping its to see who can hold the most territory for the longest amount of time so u scrubs need to stop making that excuse 4 ur lack of skill. Who ever comes at me bout this is probably one of the those types of player that does jump bcuz lack of skill.

Dustyoleman
03-16-2018, 01:23 AM
The REAL issue here is queing solo and getting matched against a pre made death squad. This is happening more and more lately. Its such an easy fix but the devs want this game to be for the elite lifers so they refuse to make a solo q. I mean I like to play duels my self, but the player base for duel is like 2 percent. Ill play against the same 4 ppl for 3 hrs, its ridiculous. But as soon as you jump into a dominion match your thrown into an existing match(60 percent of the time) of a team that quit because guess what? They were matched with a pre made. (Thats my assumption but I'm prerty sure thats why)Oh what a feeling it is to join a match of bots when the score is 80-500. Wanna capture your base point? Nope beacuse the enemy team is already camping at your spawn point taking half your life before you even have control of your hero. But wait I got revived! Psych! By the time you have control of your hero your already missing half your health. I mean how long does it take devs? Do you even play this game online or do you you just troll lvl 1 bots in a custom match? I'm disgusted in the state of this game andthe triffling community its created. SMH

Dustyoleman
03-16-2018, 01:30 AM
The REAL issue here is queing solo and getting matched against a pre made death squad. This is happening more and more lately. Its such an easy fix but the devs want this game to be for the elite lifers so they refuse to make a solo q. I mean I like to play duels my self, but the player base for duel is like 2 percent. Ill play against the same 4 ppl for 3 hrs, its ridiculous. But as soon as you jump into a dominion match your thrown into an existing match(60 percent of the time) of a team that quit because guess what? They were matched with a pre made. (Thats my assumption but I'm prerty sure thats why)Oh what a feeling it is to join a match of bots when the score is 80-500. Wanna capture your base point? Nope beacuse the enemy team is already camping at your spawn point taking half your life before you even have control of your hero. But wait I got revived! Psych! By the time you have control of your hero your already missing half your health. I mean how long does it take devs? Do you even play this game online or do you you just troll lvl 1 bots in a custom match? I'm disgusted in the state of this game andthe triffling community its created. SMH

Arekonator
03-16-2018, 02:24 AM
Play team-based mode.
Complain when people team up.

/thread

Devils-_-legacy
03-16-2018, 02:41 AM
I was more on about the disadvantage of being a random being paried only against pre mades most games have team based modes but the majority seperates the 2 by a seperate matchmaking que or through there own matchmaking process as much as I love fh it's matchmaking kinda sucks

Frostynuggman84
03-16-2018, 02:54 AM
I think you may be missing the point here Arekonator. I can break it down elementary for you though. I like to play some pick up games at the park(basketball). It would be like me playing with ppl I dont know thinking I have a chance to win against a team of guys who plays together consistently.

Charmzzz
03-16-2018, 08:41 AM
do people really speak about battlefield or overwatch to justify ganking? ahhahahahahhahahaha!

sorry but what? those are shooters! i was a great bf4 player and i could be surrounded but still kill them all, because all it took was SHOOTING and in a matter of seconds the enemy i had in front was dead. turn over, shoot again, be faster, and you'll surive forever in battlefield.

for honor its a MEDIEVAL game. you have to get close your enemy and it will take TIME to kill him.

seriously....

Uhm, in OW the TTK is pretty high, too (except you are playing Widowmaker and hit every charged shot...). And what about League of Legends? That's not a Shooter, and ganking is essential. Because MOBA is a team-based gamemode, just like Dominion in FH is. And nobody complains there.

And your second statement confuses me. So you were a great BF4 player and you killed enemies surrounding you. Nice, I do that pretty regularly in FH, too. 1v3, 1v4, I don't win them all the time, but I did plenty of times. Did you win every 1vX in BF? I doubt that...