PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fighting Highlanders

Archo-Vax
03-15-2018, 05:12 AM
Is there any viable defense against their Offensive Form, other than rolling away and trying to get in a cheeky Light Attack?

There seems to be two main Mix-UPs they have in OF. The first being "Kick- Cancel into Caber Toss -> Heavy Attack". The second being "Heavy Attack- Cancel into Kick -> Heavy Attack".

How is one supposed to deal with those? Is there a "proper" way to do so?

Kahuf1
03-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Hi mate, I hope this video can help u a lot... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jLf1uqTvl8

And short version:
1. dont let Highlander enter to off stance too often, he has no defence so use it, dont be affraid to attack (with brain of course :D)
2. kick -> grab combo = LATE dodge or backward light attack or roll out
3. normal kick is pretty easy to side dodge so keep practice.

BarbeQMichael
03-15-2018, 10:24 AM
Considering HL has absolutely zero defences in offensive form, all you really have to do is poke him with light or guardbreak, because he can't block your attack or counter-guardbreak. Changing into OF takes so long you can most of the time hit him with heavy by reaction, and if he manages to fastflow (requires parry or attack) 500ms (and even 600ms if he cancels kick into grab) light attacks and gb's will do the trick.

Usually when I face a highlander, they make the killing of them too easy by going into offensive form too often, or using CC on heavy feints which are then autoparries.

E: yes you can also dodge it by watching if he cancels the kick into grab, dodging grab gives you always gb, dodging kick only with fast heroes. This can be risky though, I like more to just gb or attack them straight without dodge. If you play the easymode heroes you can also do a dodgeattack, it completely negates the combo because HL cannot feint his kick or grab to bait the dodgeattack for parry