PDA

View Full Version : Outlines

StrikerD
08-02-2005, 09:41 PM

silent_strike22
08-02-2005, 11:18 PM
read the many threads on this to see why i voted no.

chaos_theory16
08-07-2005, 02:24 AM
Well, it doesn't bother me, and I fully understand why they would include it. Your eye-piece in the future actually has a possibility of showing this kind of stuff. But, personally, I think it takes the fun out of the game. It would be nice to have an option whether or not you could use it.

spm1138
08-07-2005, 01:44 PM
I have no real problem with it.

You're supposed to be networked with the entire squad so there's no real issue with the friendly markers.

I seem to recall reading about a system on some gunship or other that will orient fire around a strobe-light by computer so this isn't a huge jump.

The enemy markers I suppose represent UAV information/infra red camera information being processed by the computer on your back and painted on your eyepiece.

jchung
08-08-2005, 06:53 AM
I can see the argument for friendlies being outlined, but not the enemy. Sorry, but there are too many variables to justify that the enemy can be reliably "outlined". Maybe farther out in the future, but not in the next few years.

spm1138
08-08-2005, 09:24 AM
OK... what if instead of being outlined you got told that UAVs had detected enemies ahead (for example) and you got given a GPS waypoint in your HUD ?

WhiteKnight77
08-08-2005, 10:45 AM
That would be better as the enemy showing up on the command map ala GR1 would also ba a good idea.

jchung
08-08-2005, 11:06 AM
If the information is general I would not be against it. No specific numbers or points on radar.

Brainlicker
08-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah, why take the anticipation out of the game....no outlines! I guess I am too stupid to figure it out on my own. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

They are the same as someone holding your hand through the game telling you what to shoot.....way stupid unless you are in first grade and this is your first GR game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Colirio
08-09-2005, 02:11 PM
In the original GR, they held our hands by pointing our gun sights to the heads and bodies of enemies on recruit and veteran game modes.

Perhaps this new outline is only in the recruit difficulty setting? Oh... let it not be on the elite setting!!!

Please.

Pretty please?

Sugar and a cherry on top?

Prozac360
08-09-2005, 11:50 PM
beleive it or not this is actual tech beeing worked on...

if any one has ever seen the Honda humanoid robot.... it does show outline of bodies similare to thoes screen shots...

its intreasting... id imagine it is actual for future force warrior systems

MaggotSteve
08-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I have no problem having your team mates outlined (while still being able to turn it off) but if an enemy is outlined it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel, it'll be way to easy. I like telling my team if they knew where the fire came from, searching for the enemy, but if they're outlined where's the challenge in that?

gxer2002
08-10-2005, 02:56 AM
I actually like the idea that chaos_theory16 made about having it as an option, i think it would make it more interesting with out the markers but since this is suppose to be new tech i believe it would be just as authentic if it were there, but i like the idea of having it as an option and not a default.