PDA

View Full Version : Some online Q's

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi all,

I've been flying online for around a week now, having previously been put off online gaming by some bad counterstrike experiences and my crappy dialup. I still have my dialup, but have experienced very little ping problems in FB so far! I can't believe just what I've been missing online, and recommend it to any who aren't sure!

Anyways, I've a couple of queries:

1)What do the icons (green bar, etc.) in the top-right of the screen denote?

2)How do I prevent HL loading and quitting FB every time I want to go into and out of a game? Am I stuck with this?

Thanks in advance,

R_R

Message Edited on 06/25/0311:29AM by rawheid_rex

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi all,

I've been flying online for around a week now, having previously been put off online gaming by some bad counterstrike experiences and my crappy dialup. I still have my dialup, but have experienced very little ping problems in FB so far! I can't believe just what I've been missing online, and recommend it to any who aren't sure!

Anyways, I've a couple of queries:

1)What do the icons (green bar, etc.) in the top-right of the screen denote?

2)How do I prevent HL loading and quitting FB every time I want to go into and out of a game? Am I stuck with this?

Thanks in advance,

R_R

Message Edited on 06/25/0311:29AM by rawheid_rex

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 01:09 PM
rawheid_rex wrote:
-
- 1)What do the icons (green bar, etc.) in the
- top-right of the screen denote?
-
1) Green bar is an indication of your ping

- 2)How do I prevent HL loading and quitting FB every
- time I want to go into and out of a game? Am I
- stuck with this?

") Dunno. Does that to me too.

MajorBloodnok

<Center>http://nicolas10.freeservers.com/images/et.jpg

Founder Member and Official Sporran Wearer of the EuroTrolls
Spouting evil commie brain-rot at, er, well Imperialists mainly, since like 1977, you know, when Star Wars came out?

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 01:12 PM
rawheid_rex wrote:

-
- 1)What do the icons (green bar, etc.) in the
- top-right of the screen denote?

if you have more than one bar you may have online voice coms enabled. If so disable it .. no-one uses it and it kills your FPS badly.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 01:14 PM
You can stay in the game provided the host loads another mission. I've never seen that in a DF server however it's not uncommon for us to start a coop server in HL, and then fly 5 to 10 missions with the squad without ever returning to the HL lobby. Agree with the host before mission end that he will start a new one then just wait for the loading bar to start going.