PDA

View Full Version : Game Controller Question

polysyllable
08-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Hello,

Which game controller is supported for IL2: the Forgotten Battles? I have WingMan Rumblepad already but not sure for that is supported for the game. Well, I don't even have idea gamepad could work with flight simulations either...Any light on my curiosity anyone?

polysyllable
08-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Hello,

Which game controller is supported for IL2: the Forgotten Battles? I have WingMan Rumblepad already but not sure for that is supported for the game. Well, I don't even have idea gamepad could work with flight simulations either...Any light on my curiosity anyone?

MrKilroy
08-24-2005, 08:51 PM
It should work, but a joystick would be ideal

horseback
08-24-2005, 09:05 PM
I would definitely recommend a USB joystick with a twist rudder and a Point of View (POV) hatswitch as well as at least 5 or 6 buttons, including the trigger. Avoid Logitech sticks. If you can get your mitts on a MS Sidewinder Precision series or Force Feedback, get it.

However, these are rare these days, so most will recommend a Saitek stick for starters.

cheers

horseback

han freak solo
08-24-2005, 09:31 PM
On the original IL2, I tried a Gravis controller with the vibrators built in.

I couldn't get full control deflection. Not to mention the short joysticks are a bit harder to control than a standard PC joystick.

I plugged my Sidewinder back in within a short time of gamepad trials. Much, much better!