PDA

View Full Version : Why do kensei's dodge sweeps knock shinobi out of a kick?

PepsiBeastin
03-13-2018, 04:31 AM
Attacks normally do damage but the kick's hyperarmor pushes through it, yet when a kensei dodges and does his attack I get smacked out of the air. Another point about the dodges, why do they make him immune to tracking and damage for the entire duration of the dodge?

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 04:40 AM
1. Dodge = X frames. Some of this frames sort of a i-frames(or hyper-frames whatever). So, you need to dodge properly, or you will be hitted.
2. Kensei is a most annoying character for shinobi because of a pretty fast dodge and huge range and duration attacks. So you need a really good placement of a kick.

If I understand you correctly.

PepsiBeastin
03-13-2018, 04:56 AM
The points I'm making are
1. The dodge attacks shouldn't have the ability to negate shinobi's kick. Do damage yes, but not smack him down.
2. The dodge frames of the attack last for entirely too long. I've seen other people saying that it seems odd also, or that his hitbox might even be goofed up.

Mikesf46
03-13-2018, 05:07 AM
*gasp... Something knocks shinobi out his light spam??? This must be stopped......

Sneakly20
03-13-2018, 05:18 AM
*gasp... Something knocks shinobi out his light spam??? This must be stopped......

Either you are trolling or having something against shinobi because this is completely unrelated to the topic and therefore useless. Back on said topic. I believe shinobis kick should be priority in every situation with exception to the few that are already stated in game. Now I will actually say for myself I have ran into this wonky timing for Kensei dodge attack only a few times.. off the top of my head. The hotbox occurred once. But Iím gonna say a lag spike may have happened at that point so I canít be entirely sure. Now the weird tracking? I can confirm this. Mostly because the best way to break tracking in this game is with shaman leap heavy and she even did her 360 turn ninja thing and still managed to miss his dodge. Not saying thatís a great way to test it but you get my point. Itís very possible this is a bug that needs to get looked at. Can you tell me any more details OP about how this went down? Would prob help devs if they swing by this post.

PepsiBeastin
03-13-2018, 05:23 AM
Either you are trolling or having something against shinobi because this is completely unrelated to the topic and therefore useless. Back on said topic. I believe shinobis kick should be priority in every situation with exception to the few that are already stated in game. Now I will actually say for myself I have ran into this wonky timing for Kensei dodge attack only a few times.. off the top of my head. The hotbox occurred once. But I’m gonna say a lag spike may have happened at that point so I can’t be entirely sure. Now the weird tracking? I can confirm this. Mostly because the best way to break tracking in this game is with shaman leap heavy and she even did her 360 turn ninja thing and still managed to miss his dodge. Not saying that’s a great way to test it but you get my point. It’s very possible this is a bug that needs to get looked at. Can you tell me any more details OP about how this went down? Would prob help devs if they swing by this post.

From what I can tell, it's just every single time a kensei hits me with a dodge swipe while I'm mid-kick, I just get smacked out of it. I'll try to get footage of it happening.

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 05:27 AM
Looks like a system registered this hit like landed into the double dash, just before the actual kick. You see the animation ofc, but the server have another belief sometimes. Sometimes you just missed.

KotoKuraken
03-13-2018, 08:06 AM
Well, it's about time something finally interrupted Shinobi's kick. It's very weird hearing a tiny Shinobi is surprised that he's getting knocked out of mid air by a 6 foot long nippon steel blade, talking as if nothing is supposed to interrupt his tiny kick.

Honestly, I say let this one fly. Shinobi guarantees a 30 damage heavy on a kick that interrupts pretty much every other character in the game. I'd say it's fair enough that you can take a dodge attack to the face for 20 damage. If you get hit by that attack being a Shinobi, that would mean you were spamming the kick enough times for your opponent to read you like a book and counter it. Classic rock, paper, katana

BTTrinity
03-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Well, it's about time something finally interrupted Shinobi's kick. It's very weird hearing a tiny Shinobi is surprised that he's getting knocked out of mid air by a 6 foot long nippon steel blade, talking as if nothing is supposed to interrupt his tiny kick.

Honestly, I say let this one fly. Shinobi guarantees a 30 damage heavy on a kick that interrupts pretty much every other character in the game. I'd say it's fair enough that you can take a dodge attack to the face for 20 damage. If you get hit by that attack being a Shinobi, that would mean you were spamming the kick enough times for your opponent to read you like a book and counter it. Classic rock, paper, katana

Yep, you can always use kick to dodge his dodge attack with.

Vakris_One
03-13-2018, 05:30 PM
From what I can tell, it's just every single time a kensei hits me with a dodge swipe while I'm mid-kick, I just get smacked out of it. I'll try to get footage of it happening.
Your hyper armour should be absorbing the hit unless he is dodging your kick and then hitting you just as your hyper armour ends. The Kensei can slightly delay his dodge attack.