PDA

View Full Version : Highlander nerf.

PizzelMaster
03-11-2018, 06:29 PM
I once thought highlander was in a pretty good position, but now i just can beat him with the 50/50 grab, dodge kick into an unblockable, and the overall damage he causes, in my opinion he is borderline op.

Tecknoterrorist
03-11-2018, 07:01 PM
i agree

Kahuf1
03-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Did u even try to play Highlander sometime? How u even can tell highlander was in good position before buff? :D If u mean "dead on ground" was his good position, i agree...

Mate I play only duels and main Highlaner before patch (about 10 reputation) and it was rly pain.. Nowdays i have rep 13 with him and he is finaly playable. In not great with him, but can perform full offstance round with him.

But how u can tell je is OP when he have NO DEFENCE in offstance? And in defstance he is pretty useless cause have only like 1/3 of his moveset...

He should have some kind of Lawbringers shove with NO damage, NO guaranteed damage after but just push enemy away and fast flow to offstance. Maybe after this here is some space for some modification his kick feint to grab, but its counterable by: late dodge (GB punish), dodge attack (damage punish), light attack (damage punish).

If u wanna learn how to fight against Highlander or wanna learn his timing, im here, add me and play sometime. But dont say some bullpoos like this up. His offstance is great but have NO DEFENCE and FREE GB to everyone.

Knight_Raime
03-11-2018, 10:30 PM
It's not a 50/50.
and there is a universal counter to his kick feinted into his caber toss.
walk backwards and stuff with light attack. It requires a little spacing. But not much.
every hero can do this.

And if he gets wise and just tries to let the kick fly and only the kick that can also be stuffed by a light.
But more importantly it's dodgable on reaction. For a majority of the cast. Kensei can just swift strike highlander regardless of what he does and wins every time.

RenegadeTX2000
03-11-2018, 10:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAElekZtEU4&t=

PizzelMaster
03-11-2018, 11:02 PM
i didnt main him, it may be fun to play him, but to face him... i play valk and now i cant even beat him... i mean 50+ damage heavy's is a little to much in my opinion.

PizzelMaster
03-11-2018, 11:05 PM
remember this is my opinion

Kahuf1
03-11-2018, 11:13 PM
i didnt main him, it may be fun to play him, but to face him... i play valk and now i cant even beat him... i mean 50+ damage heavy's is a little to much in my opinion.

Ok, its ur opinion...

Truth is his max damage is deffensive stance top heavy with 45 damage (sides 35 damage). Offensive stance is 40 all guards. And about speed, first heavy is 1000ms (1 full second), 600ms in combo and 800ms in off stance.

And next point is he has only 125 HP. Its assasins like HP pool. And Highlander is hybrid heavy + vanguard if im correct.

kanuzira
03-11-2018, 11:32 PM
the kick caber toss should get slowed down. some fighters just move 30 cm on a dodge

Kahuf1
03-11-2018, 11:38 PM
the kick caber toss should get slowed down. some fighters just move 30 cm on a dodge

Believe me, every hero can dodge kick feint grab. If someone ask in fight, i can even learn him how and proove it. Its not depend od dodge distanc but correct timing. I know it can be dificult, but if some Highlander spam this, just backwhiff light and he get punish.

mrmistark
03-11-2018, 11:53 PM
HL does not need a nerf.

He is in a great place finally. His “50/50” is not even close to being a 50/50. Your problem is you’re dodging too early. Just dodge a little later and you’ll dodge both kick and kick-> caber toss. It’s stupid easy, just stop being so jumpy.

If you CANT stop being jumpy literally a light attack in all situations stops this. Even if you get kicked still for a trade your light is the only damage coming out for both sides and also stops the possibility of his UB heavy follow up.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-12-2018, 12:11 AM
HL does not need a nerf.

He is in a great place finally. His “50/50” is not even close to being a 50/50. Your problem is you’re dodging too early. Just dodge a little later and you’ll dodge both kick and kick-> caber toss. It’s stupid easy, just stop being so jumpy.

If you CANT stop being jumpy literally a light attack in all situations stops this. Even if you get kicked still for a trade your light is the only damage coming out for both sides and also stops the possibility of his UB heavy follow up.

But Mistark, don't you know unblockables in this game are only supposed to have completely binary outcomes where you either get hit and take damage or you side dodge and get a guard break? You can't just be throwing around this bleeding edge tech like throwing a light out to interrupt a slower attack, that's crazy talk. /s

mrmistark
03-12-2018, 12:27 AM
But Mistark, don't you know unblockables in this game are only supposed to have completely binary outcomes where you either get hit and take damage or you side dodge and get a guard break? You can't just be throwing around this bleeding edge tech like throwing a light out to interrupt a slower attack, that's crazy talk. /s

Haha yeah right?

Vrbas1
03-12-2018, 02:07 AM
Ahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhah a

@ this thread

Vrbas1
03-12-2018, 02:11 AM
Dude, the Highlander finally isn't a dumpster hero and now that he is actually a viable character, as in brought in line with the rest of the cast, people are freaking because they're not used to Highlander actually whooping some butt.

His damage values were really his only big adjustment, and those should have been in place at release given the lethargic and methodical nature of his entire move set. His lights are the speed of some heavies and his heavies are the speed of....well pick one.

Highlander is fine and is finally the glass cannon he should have been at release. Before he was just glass.