PDA

View Full Version : proof shaman is op

megamasa94
03-10-2018, 08:47 PM
apparently there is few proofs..
anyway, played some rep 27 guy using shaman he demolished me blah blah went to find another opponent oh look him again,he took centurion i demolished him, went to find another opponent, him again, he took highlander, i demolished him..
i think that explains it.. told him to stick with shaman.. hope i didnt hurt his feelings

SammyCannon
03-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Yes remove this char. There is nothing about this bush woman i like.

Hormly
03-10-2018, 10:48 PM
While the shaman is terribly designed, you not being able to defeat her is NOT a proof of anything beyond you not being able to defeat her.

she does suck though, not just for being OP but for being a missed opportunity from an artistic perspective.

I see the Shaman as being aesthetically very similar to the zerker, and in fact is exactly what I felt the zerker should have thematically been since launch. A true wild warrior.

so now we have a true berzerker, and an official berzerker who doesnt really have that 'berzerk' feel.

the shaman should have been a male heavy, with armour themed around different animals (a bear hide outfit with bear head cloak etc), swinging a large wooden ceremonial cudgel/hammer. Lots of body paint and craziness.

back on topic, i think if they reduced the dmg of her bite, and made it unfeintable, shed be tolerable

megamasa94
03-11-2018, 09:29 AM
idk if you ever encountered light spamming dodging jumping shaman but oh well it could be beyond me net being able to land a light with orochi..
tho just today i played 6ish duels against shamans, won 3 of them 3:2, others that i lost barely land a hit..
'you not being able to defeat her is NOT a proof'-how is my post not a proof? let me repeat in more details, guy was rep 27, takes rep2 shaman destroys me, next match takes rep 5 centurion i destroy him, next match takes rep3-4 highlander i destroy him.. do you see my point?

Knight_Raime
03-11-2018, 10:24 AM
1) rep doesn't indicate skill. Merely time played.

2) If you're falling for basic things like "light spam" and "dodge spam" from a shaman then clearly you're not as good as you think.

3) If simply losing to a hero is proof that a character is broken then me losing to goki means goki is OP.

You have no proof and no point.

megamasa94
03-11-2018, 10:28 AM
1) time played=exp playing that hero and getting used to stuff
2) never said i was good
3) parry goki and thats it
I have proof and point. ;)

Vakris_One
03-11-2018, 04:37 PM
1) time played=exp playing that hero and getting used to stuff
2) never said i was good
3) parry goki and thats it
I have proof and point. ;)
1) How fast some people get to grips with a character is entirely subjective and differs from person to person. One person may only need to put 1 or 2 reps into a character to use them like a pro whereas another person might need 5 to 6 reps to reach that level of proficiency. Rep means nothing other than a rough estimation of time played. For example a rep 80 could have taken a 2 month-long break from the game, come back and got beaten by a rep 20. It means nothing in terms of an accurate skill barometer.

2) If you're not above a certain skill level then how can you be an accurate judge for what is OP and what is not?

3) Don't let Shaman dictate the pace of the fight and that's it.

You have proof that Shaman is your weakness. You don't actually have a point.

megamasa94
03-11-2018, 06:05 PM
sooo you wanna say shaman is not op? not even a little bit-e? ok super fast assassin that hits hard and bites half of your health is not op.. i agree..

Vakris_One
03-11-2018, 07:09 PM
sooo you wanna say shaman is not op? not even a little bit-e? ok super fast assassin that hits hard and bites half of your health is not op.. i agree..
No, I want to say she's not OP just because you lose to her chum. Otherwise by that logic then every single time a rep 3 Valkyrie beats anyone then she must be automatically considered OP, right? Wrong.

Shaman is not impossible to deal with and she has counter classes just like anybody else. The Kensei is one such class, even before his Season 5 buff I was having no problems dismantling the majority of Shamans I met. So, is she OP? Not according to my experience. Is she one of the strongest characters in the roster? Yes, I would say so.

Outside of her bite and her unblockable side heavy she doesn't do an abnormal amount of damage for an assassin. What makes her dangerous is that she can create situations where she gets to guarrantee damage on you from such things as her GB follow ups and her headbutt pounce. In addition her mixup mind game is strong because it's fast. However she creates a set of predictable patterns which can be anticipated with a bit of experience and focus.

Her bite's damage could use a toning down although I don't know the specific damage number it does currently, close to 2 bars of health is a bit much. She should also not get to recover her stamina from it. These are things I have said since she was first introduced. But she is not impossible to fight against. Depending on the character you use she can be more difficult or less difficult to fight, but that's the case with almost every other top tier character as well.